It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas A&M Reports Shooting

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Folks, there's no denying that this is another tragedy. But lets put it in persective.

From Chicago. . . . .

Humboldt Park and Washington Park each saw two homicides in the last week, a RedEye analysis of preliminary police data found.

In Washington Park, a 28-year-old man was shot to death Wednesday in the first block of East 56th Street, police said. Three days earlier, a 21-year-old man was fatally shot in the 5500 block of South Wabash Avenue, according to officials.

Washington Park has logged seven homicides so far this year, RedEye data shows. The South Side community area recorded 10 homicides last year, RedEye determined.

In Humboldt Park, two 16-year-old boys were shot to death Aug. 2 in the 600 block of North Avers Avenue, police said.

Humboldt Park has logged 11 homicides so far this year, according to RedEye data. The West Side community area recorded 22 homicides last year.

homicides.redeyechicago.com...

And it's not even reported on the MSM. Just precaution.

Don'tlet the media manipulate your opinion on these events. Every one of these shooting deaths is a horrible tragedy. But for every one that is reported, several go ignored.

Quite true, Beezer. I've been reading about the war zone that is Chicago all year, yet you never hear about it. I guess Rahm's machine is pretty good about keeping word of the bloodshed down, eh?

And I agree. Each of these incidents is a tragedy, and each one is unique and has to be judged according to the facts pertaining solely to it, and not in the violence that preceded it.

link   
Without much info on this, I'm afraid I see this a bit differently than most here.
If it was just police officers that were shot, I would guess they were there in response to something else, possibly a domestic issue, and the guy went off.

Much different than the mass shooting that have been occurring lately. Not anyone's fault on here for making the comparison, most definitely the media hype.

Not that my heart does not go out to the officers family, because it is still a horrible tragedy.

link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

At first I thought this might be a competitive slant from a damaged individual to even out the traditional rivalry between UT and A&M by attempting to pull off something to rival the '66 Clock tower incident.

School rivalry can and will manifest in strange ways.

UT has their infamous shooting, so, shy can't A&M too?

Sad, really.

Hopefully, with Texas being quite proud of its traditions, University shootings don't become traditional.

You can't be serious.... Did you read what you typed before you posted this ^ ?

A grade "A" example of why I very rarely come to ATS anymore.... the lunatics are now running the asylum.

link   

Originally posted by VaterOrlaag
reply to post by yourmaker

What? Are lower crime rates not appealing to gun owners?

The U.S should be no.1 in the world for the lowest amount of crime. That's not going to happen when any loon can buy a gun.

Most legal gun owners aren't the ones committing these crimes, granted it does occur.

I live in Vancouver, really the only people who have guns are Police, Rural hunters and Urban gang members.
Gun crime still occurs. It's the person behind the gun, not the guns themselves.
They just sit there idly when not in human hands.

We are by-products of our environment. Some people become attached to the fantasy of murder and commit.
Since we are enveloped in all aspects of our lives with this violence, our movies, tv shows, video games, it's not too hard to piece together that some people are particularly vulnerable to these mediums and will act out on it's behalf when the world allows them.

I would ultimately prefer that all weapons be abolished and we live in peace, but sadly, as the environment we find ourselves deteriorates morally, these events will only occur more frequently.
Sane moral people need to be on an equal playing field with those people susceptible to violent role play.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkipperJohn

Originally posted by camaro68ss
If he has an automatic gun then its most likely rifle. the average cop doesnt have the body armor to stop rifle rounds. Ave cops wear soft armor for side arm rounds. Rifle rounds you need plates.

whats up with all these shoots?

copy cats?

fales flags?

People losing it because of the economic conditions?

from the video here link it looks to be a AK47

This link seems to have a live feed.
Helicopter feed is showing them marking alot of shell casings in the road.
edit on 13-8-2012 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
When are these shooters going to learn what "gun free zone" means? Why do these killers continue to go to gun free zones and shoot. Don't they realize they're breaking the law by bringing a gun into these gun free zones?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Prayers to the victims and families of the victims.

Edited: Off topic question. Apologies.
edit on 13-8-2012 by capone1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
from what I can tell this is exactly what I have been called a loon for over a year about. Police being targeted.

Wake up guys. Things will get worse for law enforcement. Bad year for the US.

There was another thread about a member saying that on his local news a guy just aimed his car at an incoming squad car and ran head on into it.

We haven't seen the beginning yet I am afraid. I don't even know if there is anything that can be done except eliminate the threats as they appear. Police will be the target for a new wave of violence.

Holy crap.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 13-8-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
The chain can only be as strong as it's weakest link.

It's the fatigued individuals (we disavow anyone is worse-off than self; apathy) who are tired of running scared, behind the rest of the herd, in a cold and dark corner they try an escape.

Sometimes 3 hots and a cot soothes the inner demons? I wouldn't know.

I'm wondering how long that street has been named what it is, and just what it is supposed to commemorate.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Dreine

My GF just texted me from College Station saying that their are 2 shooter in custody!! 2 shooters!

Most likely a plan...

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
(Self Snip'd reply on another message posted earlier on the thread after U2U relating to it. no harm done)

edit on 13-8-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

Just about every medium to large city in Texas has a street named after George Bush Sr. A&M is the home of the George Bush Library. It's a very conservative University.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3
When are these shooters going to learn what "gun free zone" means? Why do these killers continue to go to gun free zones and shoot. Don't they realize they're breaking the law by bringing a gun into these gun free zones?

Not to worry, soon it will be illegal for them or ANYONE to even posess a firearm.
Then they will HAVE to turn in their firearms or else they will be breaking the law.
The last thing a lone,crazy, gunman wants to do before he shoots up a daycare is to break the law.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TotallyFEDup88

Two shooters?

I wonder if they were waiting on the police to show up to serve a subpoena or warrant?

Thanks for the update.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blarneystoner

Originally posted by Druscilla

At first I thought this might be a competitive slant from a damaged individual to even out the traditional rivalry between UT and A&M by attempting to pull off something to rival the '66 Clock tower incident.

School rivalry can and will manifest in strange ways.

UT has their infamous shooting, so, shy can't A&M too?

Sad, really.

Hopefully, with Texas being quite proud of its traditions, University shootings don't become traditional.

You can't be serious.... Did you read what you typed before you posted this ^ ?

A grade "A" example of why I very rarely come to ATS anymore.... the lunatics are now running the asylum.

totally agree, just read more of her posts. Unbelievably condescending, and thinks she knows best for everyone. I believe there is a word for those types....

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Dreine

I see that all the time here in Japan. Everyone in Japan has a cellphone. It is part of daily life here. On the trains in Tokyo is when it becomes highly sad to see. Every single person staring at their phone. No communication at all with the people around them. Yes...the information age has changed humanity but I still have hope.

It really is all about community. In America, people really need to make their community stronger. Don`t allow the unhinged in a community `be left to themselves` because that is exactly what causes them to go off and shoot a bunch of people some day. It is a duty of all members of society to keep an eye on those among us who are unhinged.

About two summers back we had a summer of violence in Tokyo. It stared with the Akihabara mass killing. Some guy from the country side, who had been having big problems making it in society, drove a van right into a crowd of people, got out of the van and started stabbing people at random. It happened several more times that summer at train stations. It started a big conversation across the nation of Japan about community and social duty. That is the same conversation America needs to have.

This is the fourth time this summer someone has went off and shot a bunch of people in the United States. It is about time to start talking about why there are people like that in American society instead of blaming it on guns, lobbyist groups and nit witted political leaders.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Gwampo

There certainly is....But you would get the ban hammer for using it.

link   

Updated at 3:35 p.m.: Via KBTX in Bryan / College Station, Texas: Constable Brian Bachmann of the College Station Police Department has died as a result of injuries sustained in the shooting. A civilian has also been confirmed dead.

link   
reply to post by Screwed

Exactly. I'm sure the next killer is going to join the NRA first, spend thousands of hours at a range, etc. These shooters are the "average gun owner" in the eyes of the gun grabbing Nazis. They want the guns gone, so their Kenyan dictator can rule the country like Mugabe.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join