It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas A&M Reports Shooting

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Texas A&M Reports Shooting

www.cnn.com

(CNN) -- Investigators took a gunman into custody Monday after reports of an "active shooting" at or near Texas A&M University, the school said on its website, citing police.

The university had warned people to stay away from the intersection of Welborn Road and George Bush Drive as well as part of Fidelity Drive in College Station, Texas.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Breaking news out of Texas A&M University about, sadly, another shooting incident. No news currently as to number of victims, perpetrators, or any other information.

We'll have to add this to the ever increasing list of runaway violence that seems to be occuring all around the country.
My prayers with those who are affected, will post more as the story develops.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Geez another one? This sucks. I happened to just read about this on Twitter. It seems like from the limited details being released so far the police already have the suspect in custody. Hopefully no one has been seriously injured. I'll be staying close to this thread and twitter to attempt to learn more. Thanks for sharing.

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
We always get reports of a few people killed by nuts, but we never hear about the hundreds killed daily in my country's battle to control the oil. These are the top secret shootings we should hear about here.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
At first I thought this might be a competitive slant from a damaged individual to even out the traditional rivalry between UT and A&M by attempting to pull off something to rival the '66 Clock tower incident.

School rivalry can and will manifest in strange ways.

UT has their infamous shooting, so, shy can't A&M too?

Sad, really.

Hopefully, with Texas being quite proud of its traditions, University shootings don't become traditional.

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Just during lunch, my wife and I were discussing how it seemed the world was being overrun with violence and hatred now.
We spoke at length about the nastiness we see online (and yes, sadly, even on ATS), and how even the air seems to crackle with snarkiness, sarcasm, cynicism, and vitriol.
Have we, as a species, passed a point of no return in that we can expect violence like this, the Aurora shootings, and the Sikh massacre on a regular basis?

Seriously.... what the hell is going on???

edit on 13-8-2012 by Dreine because: typo/grammar fail

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Dreine

Every time we have a psycho event this year (shootings, cannibalism), I keep saying to myself "It's just a fluke, one more and I'll get worried"... well I think that "one more" has happened about four times now and I'm worried.

It's not so much that death is happening at the hands of others but it's the nature of what is taking place and how all the dots seem to be close but not quite touching. Could it be something in air? The environment? The sun? The magnetic poles?

I know this thread isn't the place for that speculation but this is (for me) the straw that broke the proverbial camel's back.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
An update from another source...

Reuters

"We have multiple people who have been shot," police spokeswoman Rhonda Seaton told CNN, adding that law enforcement officers had also been shot.

The extent of the injuries was not immediately clear. According to the university's website, police had the shooting suspect in custody.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Wow, this is shocking news. My husband and I both graduated from A&M. In fact, we lived near the intersection where the shooting took place. I've got family living in College Station. I will call them and see if they can provide any additional information.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
We always get reports of a few people killed by nuts, but we never hear about the hundreds killed daily in my country's battle to control the oil. These are the top secret shootings we should hear about here.

Not to sound callous but war deaths and death by nation are par for the course. It's horrible and evil but killings by civilians for unknown reasons are in a different class altogether.

I know how you feel when these type of things cover the front pages yet we just gloss over the atrocities elsewhere. Think about it this way, though: There are hurricanes the size of Earth on Jupiter yet it is never in the news but small tornadoes in the mid-west are. From the media's perspective, non-Americans across the globe who don't share the same culture may as well be on Jupiter.

Evil but explainable.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
[snip]

This is a sensless tragedy and my thoughts and prayers go out to the victims and familys.
I can't believe ANOTHER ONE happened.
My heart goes out to these people.

I sure hope everyone is paying attention.
edit on 13/8/12 by masqua because: off topic comment removed

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Wait what the hell???????

I swear to God I can't believe it.... I can't believe it...... This is number 4!!

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

You are quite right because American and British news have an agenda............to invade, conquer and take other county's resources via false flag operations so that they can initiate warfare under the guise of "Homeland Security".

No, we don't hear or see the 4 million orphaned children in the Middle East - nor do we see the millions killed not for liberty and freedom but for money and corporate profit.

The common man is being kept so busy, he/she has no time or energy to get to the real truth - our news reporters with their gleaming white teeth, $1,000 suits and reading what they are told to read off of a teleprompter.

Eight companies own all the news media that the common man/woman is allowed to see and hear.

We aren't shown the bodies of dead Iraqi babies.

Most of us could however tell you who our "idols" are shagging at the moment or who is in rehab or what the top music video is.

Don't worry though Earthdude - Amerika and Britian will soon know what war, famine and death means - it's coming and will become global.
edit on 13-8-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo
reply to post by Dreine

Every time we have a psycho event this year (shootings, cannibalism), I keep saying to myself "It's just a fluke, one more and I'll get worried"... well I think that "one more" has happened about four times now and I'm worried.

It's not so much that death is happening at the hands of others but it's the nature of what is taking place and how all the dots seem to be close but not quite touching. Could it be something in air? The environment? The sun? The magnetic poles?

I know this thread isn't the place for that speculation but this is (for me) the straw that broke the proverbial camel's back.

Well, I'm glad someone is paying attention.

However, this has less to do with magnetic poles or something in the air and more to do with a certain ammendment of the second variety. These tragedies WILL continue to happen until people DEMAND something be done. NEVER underestimate the pure unadulterated POWER of FEAR!!!!!
edit on 13-8-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Uh oh... this, at first glance, appears to be a sniper attack...

From Reuters...

The gunman fired shots from inside a home about two blocks from the campus, according to the university's alert.

First, we have Aurora, where a pscho goes nuts with an assualt rifle. Then, the Sikh temple shooting with a man using a handgun.

Now, a high-powered rifle? Anyone else find this odd?

I'm just perplexed. Really... this is getting farther out of hand than I think any of us had previously thought.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Well they will get a active shooter presentation next month.
upd.tamu.edu...

Campus Safety Awareness Week - Meet Emergency Responders
Tuesday, Sept. 11, 2012, 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM

Campus Safety Awareness Week - Active Shooter Presentation
Wednesday, Sept. 12, 2012, 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM

Campus Safety Awareness Week - Active Shooter Presentation
Thursday, Sept. 13, 2012, 1:30 PM - 2:30 PM

Campus Safety Awareness Week - 4th Annual Dorm Room Burn
Thursday, Sept. 13th, 2012, 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM

edit on 13-8-2012 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join