It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas A&M Reports Shooting

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
So sad. Prayers go out to the victims & their friends and families.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dreine
Uh oh... this, at first glance, appears to be a sniper attack...

From Reuters...

The gunman fired shots from inside a home about two blocks from the campus, according to the university's alert.

First, we have Aurora, where a pscho goes nuts with an assualt rifle. Then, the Sikh temple shooting with a man using a handgun.

Now, a high-powered rifle? Anyone else find this odd?

I'm just perplexed. Really... this is getting farther out of hand than I think any of us had previously thought.

im more interested in the shooters connections to the govt. funny how that always seems to be a link

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Dreine

Wow! People are just nuts.... And getting nuttier!

Im like the rest of you though.... Thinking.... Wth is going on out there?

Prescription drugs?

Kids having zero discipline these days?

Wth??

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

Yes, the same citizens that are so paranoid about the U.S government/terrorists/other bogeymen that they must carry a gun at all times.

Paranoid schizophrenia, anyone?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
At this point, I'm less concerned about gun control than I am about psycho control...

Seriously, am I going to have to be concerned every time I leave my house now? Do I need to carry when going to the grocery store? Or picking my son up from daycare?

I understand acts like this happen from time to time. Unfortunate, but true nonetheless. HOWEVER, the rate at which these attrocities are happening is what has gotten my attention.

Mass shootings, cannabalism, wars, riots... I'm not one to say "The end is nigh!"... but could it be getting closer? Wow.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Uh oh... this, at first glance, appears to be a sniper attack...

From Reuters...

The gunman fired shots from inside a home about two blocks from the campus, according to the university's alert.

First, we have Aurora, where a pscho goes nuts with an assualt rifle. Then, the Sikh temple shooting with a man using a handgun.

Now, a high-powered rifle? Anyone else find this odd?

I'm just perplexed. Really... this is getting farther out of hand than I think any of us had previously thought.

As I stated in my post above... agenda driven! This is an anti-gun-rights administration. Fast and Furious was designed to cause a problem which a gun-control agenda would be the solution. It failed. This is another ruse in order to drive the public into crying for the solution - gun-bans and restrictions.

People fail to understand that CRIMINALS do NOT obey laws - hence why they're called CRIMINALS!
Banning a law abiding citizen's right to defend themselves against these morons, only creates more victims! A better law would be to require ALL adults males with normal faculties to open carry a side arms at all times in public. Bet you'd see random crime plummet!

"An armed society is a polite society!"

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
Boy, this administration, and its lap-dog liberal media, are really ramping up the shooting stories. This is NOT out of the ordinary. Only the media's relentless coverage of this is extraordinary. methinks it has something to do with the gun-ban agenda that this administration prizes so much. For me, it is a simple reminder on the reason why the legal right to bear arms is more importnat than ever!

I'm with you on this. I have been pondering over it the past couple of weeks.

The endgame here is to install some form of law that will disarm the public, and I really smell a concerted effort here to report every single gun related incident on a large scale to try and "curb opinion"... after all they don't have to force anyone to do anything if they can convince them it's a good idea to do it (give up your arms)

It's working, sadly.

(all due respect and condolences to victims in these crimes)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
And now I hate being right, I said to myself and a friend I bet theres more shooting to come when we heard about the Sikh shooting. I smell gun banning in USA soon...

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by VaterOrlaag
reply to post by SkipperJohn

Gun control isn't a bad idea because there are too many people defending the despicable actions of these shooters in the name of the 2nd Amendment

Cite one person defending the actions of these murderers.
No one sane of mind is saying they deserve to have weapons to use in offence against innocents.

Average Joe needs the ability to own and use guns legally since John Criminal will use them illegally anyways
End of story.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
It is disturbing that all of these mass shootings are happening in "gun-free" (or "unarmed victim") zones.

My prayers go out to the victims and their families.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

At this point, I'm less concerned about gun control than I am about psycho control...

Seriously, am I going to have to be concerned every time I leave my house now? Do I need to carry when going to the grocery store? Or picking my son up from daycare?

Wow.

This is how I feel about it too. It seems more and more these days guns are getting into the wrong people's hands. I'm not really sure if it's happening more or if it's just the media playing it up for an agenda.Fact of the matter is people get shot every day in the US. The media just picks and chooses the ones they want to report on and make into a big story.

ETA : Don't misunderstand me,Mass shooting are not an everyday thing,but they do happen.
edit on 13-8-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Another update, this time with a map of the shooting location included...

CNN

At the corner of George Bush Drive??? Really?

Isn't that just a juicy coincidence? This one is already shaping up to be a conspiracy doozy.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
what we need(RANT WARNING) is for one of these nut jobs to be stopped and caught by civilians and to have them made an example of.....im not exactly pro vigilante but i think the shootings would be stopped or at least limited if civilians managed to capture and publicly execute the shooter on live tv,tar and feather them lynch them with winches from street lamps and beat them tell the candy falls out!(would be illegal as all hell i know )

as an example to what we will do to nut jobs shooting up our schools make them fear the citizenry more then the police, and know they wont get 5 minutes of fame ranting about why they did what they did just a slow agonizing tortured death as an example to any other nut job that this is what will happen if they wanna hurt innocents

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
www.theatlanticwire.com...

Update (2:52 p.m. EDT): Police are planning a news conference to explain what happened, which will air live on KBTX, momentarily (streaming below). What we know so far is that the incident started shortly after noon, local time, "when a man barricaded in a house, armed with an automatic weapon, opened fire on officers," according to Dallas News. Police have one suspect in custody, and the situation is under control. It happened off-campus, at Highland and Fidelity streets, in College Station.

Update (2:35 p.m. EDT): The local NBC affiliate KCEN reports six people were shot, including two police officers.

Update (2:15 p.m. EDT): Spokeswoman Rhonda Seaton, of the College Station police department, which responded to the shooting, tells CNN that there are "multiple" injuries, but she couldn't yet say how many. She said the shooting happened "within a block or two" of campus.

Original: The early reports of a gunman near the campus of Texas A&M University in College Station, outside of Houston, say a shooter, now in custody, appeared to be firing from a house with automatic weapons, hitting at least two police. The local station KBTX reported that "scanner traffic indicates that at least two officers are down." We'll keep the news updated as reporters arrive on the scene. The shooting, of course, comes on the heels of the mass shooting at a Wisconsin Sikh temple on Aug. 5, and the massacre at a Colorado movie theater on July 20. This shooting took place off campus. Police told CNN they issued a "Code Maroon" out of precaution.

edit on 13-8-2012 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by spire
And now I hate being right, I said to myself and a friend I bet theres more shooting to come when we heard about the Sikh shooting. I smell gun banning in USA soon...

I don't. I see pro-gun people using this just as much as a platform as anti-gun people.

Anti-gun - "If they didn't have that gun, they wouldn't have shot anybody"
Pro-gun - "If everybody there had guns, that psycho would have been shot"

I think both camps are a bit right. People who go nuts, don't go nuts suddenly; it's a process. A process that people should be able to pick up on. I don't think we should revert to a Red Scare system where people are reporting their neighbors to the government but tighter-knitted communities could go a long way to get people the help they need that may prevent these events.

Of course, this recent epidemic of shootings may have nothing to do with psychosis so... who knows?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I am trying to find the clip I just saw 10 minutes ago on the news here in Spain. They confirmed the two police officers being killed not just injured.

Try international press. I think they are privy to more information.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

What? Are lower crime rates not appealing to gun owners?

The U.S should be no.1 in the world for the lowest amount of crime. That's not going to happen when any loon can buy a gun.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I just spoke with my family in College Station. Here is what they are hearing: 3 people shot (2 police, 1 civilian). None of the wounds appear to be life threatening. Shooter was not a student. Shooter opened fire on a constable who had knocked at his door (possibly serving some sort of notice).

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
In reply to Cuervo...

I agree with your statement about tighter knit communities, and us caring for and about our neighbors and each other.

I don't know if that's possible anymore. The information age has changed us... the other night, on a dinner date with my wife, I saw a couple in the booth across from us. They didn't talk, they weren't looking at one another; they had their eyes glued to their smart phones, texting or whatever away. What's the point of spending time together when everyone is wrapped around social media?

It is like we are forgetting the are of interpersonal communication. Like we're being pulled apart by technology while all the while thinking we are more connected then ever.

A hollow connection, if anything.
edit on 13-8-2012 by Dreine because: typo

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join