It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For Adults who refuse to grow up, Is Christianity the Adult version for Santa Clauss

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by MagnumOpus

One thing that the Romans were very good at is killing people . The SPEAR to the Heart under the rib cage where blood mixed with water poured out is a death blow . The piercing of the Liver and Lung would also have been a little bit unhealthy also . The spear was not sterilized either . You might want to rethink that Jesus did not die an agonizing and sure death in the flesh .
As for the Santa analogy , only children mostly before the age of 6 believe in Santa . Santa has never been mentioned in the Bible . The concept might have started with the 3 kings bringing gifts to the baby Jesus .
And as for Jesus being called a childish thing . How do you explain how life came to be on Earth . Consider RNA and DNA does not occur spontaniously and every living cell has it . Space does not support life and is sterile and this once red hot rock we call earth began that way . Thus science can't prove we came from a rogue natural occurance and from there evolved . Your answer about Jesus is forthcoming soon .

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter

One thing that the Romans were very good at is killing people . The SPEAR to the Heart under the rib cage where blood mixed with water poured out is a death blow . The piercing of the Liver and Lung would also have been a little bit unhealthy also . The spear was not sterilized either . You might want to rethink that Jesus did not die an agonizing and sure death in the flesh .
As for the Santa analogy , only children mostly before the age of 6 believe in Santa . Santa has never been mentioned in the Bible . The concept might have started with the 3 kings bringing gifts to the baby Jesus .
And as for Jesus being called a childish thing . How do you explain how life came to be on Earth . Consider RNA and DNA does not occur spontaniously and every living cell has it . Space does not support life and is sterile and this once red hot rock we call earth began that way . Thus science can't prove we came from a rogue natural occurance and from there evolved . Your answer about Jesus is forthcoming soon .

For now, all you have is conjecture. Proof requires a post-mortem. Most consider he had a bad wound, but Myrrh is a powerful treatment for puncture wounds.

I've read all the pros that he died, and all the pros that he didn't die. Reality says he didn't die, was nursed back to health with Myrrh, or Joseph and Nicodemus would not be running around with a hundred pounds of Myrrh. When you see Myrrh and puncture wounds, Myrrh is the big medicine that causes big medical magic for those times.

Santa isn't in the Bible, nobody said it was. Santa is a little drama that usually has kids going wild with beliefs, and this was the comparison in the Church Web page on resemblance to god.

One will find life in deep space soon enough. It happens to be part of the Bible Narrative legacy.

Seems like one of the high energy mass collision formed either enzymes or proteins, one of the building block for life. That appears some of the speculation on the Big Bang issues.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagnumOpus
I've read all the pros that he died, and all the pros that he didn't die. Reality says he didn't die, was nursed back to health with Myrrh, or Joseph and Nicodemus would not be running around with a hundred pounds of Myrrh. When you see Myrrh and puncture wounds, Myrrh is the big medicine that causes big medical magic for those times.

You think myrrh brought Jesus back from a Roman crucifixion? Plus having his side pierced. Even if he were somehow, against all odds, still barely alive, I'm pretty sure myrrh wouldn't do the trick. If that were so, we'd still be talking about a miracle.

You talk about critical thinking and then you throw that out there.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT

Originally posted by MagnumOpus

You think myrrh brought Jesus back from a Roman crucifixion? Plus having his side pierced. Even if he were somehow, against all odds, still barely alive, I'm pretty sure myrrh wouldn't do the trick. If that were so, we'd still be talking about a miracle.

You talk about critical thinking and then you throw that out there.

You should read about the medical power of Myrrh sometime. Roman Soldiers would not go to battles without a huge stock of Myrrh to treat injuries.

Gladiators got run through with swords and spears, and Hippocrates never lost any he treated and the principle treatment was Myrrh.

Do I think it saved Jesus life, Absolutely. Which is why the story is told of Joseph and Nicodemus running around with a fortune in Myrrh to treat Jesus wounds.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

You must have a very narrow social circle then. MOST Christians embrace Christmas as a huge holiday, arguably the most important one of the year, and fill it with Christmas carols talking about Jesus' birth.

Had to stick in the personal jibe hunh wild..tsk tsk..

Most Christians do embrace Christmas as a huge holiday , and it is filled with cards and thoughts, and services, talking of Jesus's birth.

Can you tell me where Santa Clause fits into that picture?

The Christians that I knew that went to church were adamant about telling their children Santa was folklore, or based on a man who was later canonized St Nicholas who helped the poor by giving gifts.

Most of the non Christian friends I had, that never attended church were the ones who hyped the Santa story to their children.

That is evidenced by every shop and large store putting up decorations, selling boxed or single cards, and promoting spending on gifts. Most Christians don't? The JWs and a few evangelicals are the only ones I know of that DON'T.

Once again you are equating the celebration of the holiday by Christians with the belief and promotion of Santa as a real figure that leads reindeer through the sky. It simply is not true that it is practicing Christians who promote santa the most.

edit on 14-8-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Might i suggest you test these so called "mythical" properties... record the results...

Then make a thread about said results...

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Might i suggest you test these so called "mythical" properties... record the results...

Then make a thread about said results...

I do test Myrrh. I keep it in my emergency kit.

For the rest of you, other than how it applied to Jesus. Access Denied for any additional information.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Well thats not very nice... why wouldn't you spread such info around...

I'd like to see some of your proof of these properties...

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by WhisperingWinds

I have yet to meet a Christian who professes to know everything.

Sadly, I have met more than one who think because he is a Christian, he knows all about anything you bring up about creation, of the age of Earth, or Dinosaur bones being made by the devil. Men are worse than women when it comes to this.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

I'm sure there are Christians out there like that, but quite honestly ..I've met a fair few non Christians who think they know everything, and constantly think they need to "educate" and "enlighten" with their so called knowledge, which is mostly fabricated from mythology.

edit on 14-8-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

edit on 14-8-2012 by wildtimes because: sorry Heff

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Slow down, WT. Whisp made it clear enough: Celebrating Jesus' life and the concept of giving minus Santa.

"Gotcha's" work a whole lot better when one takes the time to be correct. Otherwise they backfire and make one look silly.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Do I think it saved Jesus life, Absolutely. Which is why the story is told of Joseph and Nicodemus running around with a fortune in Myrrh to treat Jesus wounds.

I'll clue you in a little on some important things about the jews back then. Not one jew desiring to go to Temple would have touched Christ's body nor allowed his shadow to fall on them or they would have been ritually impure and unable to go into the Temple for the High Sabbath which began at dusk (Passover). Jewish days start at dusk and last till dusk the next day. Joseph of Aramithea wouldn't have been close enough to Jesus' body where his shadow could fall on him and Mary watched his crucifiction from a safe distance, Nicodemus definately would not have been near his body either. Jews also had to be buried the same day they died, this was the Law. So applying salves of anything would have been forbidden. Furthermore, Myrrh ain't going to stop a punctured heart from bleeding out. They had enough time to make a bier made from the cross to carry his body on and had just enough time to dump his body in the tomb before Sabbath. The entire point of the jews urging the Romans to break the thieves legs was so they could be buried before the High Sabbath, but Jesus was already dead, which fulfilled prophecy that the Lamb could not have any broken bone (blemished) so they didn't need to break his bones.

Roman soldiers were the special forces of the ancient world, they knew how to kill you if they wanted you dead, they knew right where to stab you to make you that way very quickly. That's why Jesus only got the 39 lashes when the Romans scourged him, 40 lashes and you would die, They knew how to keep you alive and torture you and have you hanging on the cusp of death but keep you alive enough to suffer your crucifixtion.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT

Slow down, WT. Whisp made it clear enough: Celebrating Jesus' life and the concept of giving minus Santa.

"Gotcha's" work a whole lot better when one takes the time to be correct. Otherwise they backfire and make one look silly.

Thank you Gut..that is precisely what I said both times.

I won't bother responding to her false accusations because you have done so for me...and I deeply appreciate that.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

edit on 14-8-2012 by wildtimes because: should have stayed away

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Folks,

The topic of this thread is For Adults who refuse to grow up, Is Christianity the Adult version for Santa Clauss. Can we please stick to that and avoid bickering about each other?

Thanks!

Hefficide
ATS Moderator

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by WhisperingWinds

I won't bother responding to her false accusations

Erm, please don't talk about me while I'm right here....
and...
what "false accusations"?
Also, the Q stands: Why have you decided I'm an enemy?

The false accusation that I contradicted myself, because I said the same thing 3 times, I believe, just in different ways. You seem to think that if folks are celebrating Christmas and buying gifts that they are promoting the whole fairy tale of santa and his reindeer which is simply not true.

I will not answer your question because it is another false accusation, as well as off topic.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Well I guess the Trama centers ned to talk to you . Those Idiots don't know anything about your miracle herb .

Then you say conjecture do you . I call your explanation of Jesus saying that he still bares the sins of the world both past and future to mean that he never died a stretch beyond any realistic interpretation , even for an athiest .
Then your half hearted stab at the most important point to disprove the Bible and prove your point mitigates against your very basis of understanding and dedication to the truth of the matter .

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
It is a lot simpler than that. All it took was a faint circulation

They had some time to pack wounds:

bible.cc...

He was accompanied by Nicodemus, the man who earlier had visited Jesus at night. Nicodemus brought a mixture of myrrh and aloes, about seventy-five pounds.

Myrrh stops internal bleeding, and external. All it took is a faint circulation.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Myrrh stops internal bleeding, and external. All it took is a faint circulation.

scripture tells us he had no blood left to circulate.

When his side was pierced , He shed the last of his blood followed by water.

He literally shed ALL of His blood for the redemption of mankind..according to the bible.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join