It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For Adults who refuse to grow up, Is Christianity the Adult version for Santa Clauss

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Originally posted by MagnumOpus

reply to post by MagnumOpus

Nothing in the bible violates the laws of nature

Killing women and children doesn't violate the laws of nature?

hmm..

I have issues with that

Nature tells humans can be killed. Nature isn't about moral issues.

Religions kill---just look at Iraq---Iran---etc. The warning of Revelations on the corrupt political church kills. That points at you.

Religion doesn't kill... people kill

So what does "nature" mean to you... Survival of the fittest?

Are we talking the "nature" of the spirit or the nature of the physical here?

Geeze Louise.

Nature kills people all the time. Stupid people go stand on top of El Capitan and look into the sky as a storm passes over and they explode like a stick of dynamite from lighting hits. Volcanos kill people, example Mt. St Helens. Tsunamis kill people---example Japan and Fukishima problems. Flash floods kill people. Hurricans kill people.

Nature doesn't mind killing humans that don't pay attention to common sense and see warning signs

Nature has no conscious to human anything, except the system was designed to support life most of the time from the nature of plants and other works of nature. Nature does what it does and cares not what humans get into the way. Nature's ways and learning how all that works is linked to God---the capital G type that relates to nature, the natural orders of the universe, and what the product of the creator of the universe is about.

Nature does have some feedback systems that will react to lack of stewardship to the planet's environment. This is the issues of the Gaia effect, where if one does stupid things like allow Freon to set of UV-b problems from te ozone hole, that in turn kills off the cloud shielding effects that cool the oceans. As that worsens, the storms get stronger, the death larger, and so on until the balance of nature returns. This effect is what is spoken of in Revelations per quakes, storms, poisoning the oceans, etc.

edit on 14-8-2012 by MagnumOpus because: Nature has no problems killing Humans and doesn't even notice much

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to [url= by MagnumOpus[/url]

Is it possible the charity and expression of love Christmas and Saint Nicholas expresses is closer to the world God wishes for us?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

So you're talking about the world around us as Nature...

I was speaking of Nature as in what comes natural to people... And the nature of the spirit is not the same as the nature of the physical world

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard

Is it possible the charity and expression of love Christmas and Saint Nicholas expresses is closer to the world God wishes for us?

Well, I would have to change the terms around a bit to agree. But, I could agree with this phrasing:

Is it possible the charity and expression of love Christman and St Nick expresses is closer to the world Jesus wishes for us.

Most of the Bible is written with respect to the little g god, or the creator gods of Anu. Jesus isn't really God, that is an embellishment because they don't understand when Jesus is speaking of the terms of Enki as his god, the father theme.

But for certain, Jesus goal was to have heaven upon the Earth.

Excellent analogy with minor changes.

Jesus came as Messiah to change the people's thinking in a shift fom Enlil to Enki thinking, the later was loving and the one that protected his creations. The other considered humans excess baggage and didn't mind seeing them wiped out.

edit on 15-8-2012 by MagnumOpus because: Syntax selection issues

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Here are some links I thought might be of interest:

Burial : www.jewishencyclopedia.com...
Incense: www.jewishencyclopedia.com...

edit on 15-8-2012 by Arles Morningside because: Removed probably irrelevent speculation to this convo.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

So you're talking about the world around us as Nature...

I was speaking of Nature as in what comes natural to people... And the nature of the spirit is not the same as the nature of the physical world

Well true, I speak of the Nature of the Physical world as being the product of God the architech for the universe, the clock works maker that ticks along once started.

God's closest definition is the intelligent designer or archtech of the universe and his product is Nature, the Natural order. God is usually something that doesn't care about humans and like mother nature, if you get in the way you become fertilizer.

I suppose people are the product of their environment, but these are more about moral issues that change from culture to culture and won't usually be associated with Universe ideas. There are some issues of unconscious self that are elements drived from creation, but what comes natural to people is more their conscious reality think, which is a product of individual upbringing, society, morals of each society, and even religion. Perhaps this is loosely linked to God, but not usually so due to the middle east values so tired to the gods of Anu theme for god. Those are sort of Jung like terms, but I think the things not dependent on society and morals considerations are not the product of nature, though nature provides the platform for thought. In too many ways, "I think, therefor I am." Which is an issue that man uses in some ways to say he hears God.

It is complicated----but generally I speak to psysical nature only as being the creation of God.

edit on 15-8-2012 by MagnumOpus because: Terms

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard

If it doesn't involve giving Glory to something other than Him, or worshipping it it's fine. People have to remember who made the days and nights, you can't give the days and nights to some clay, wood or rock carved dolls what belongs to Him and he says this in the OT. Nicholas was a real guy, no doubt about it, he's buried in Ireland, but the whole magical pagan crap derives from Saturnalia and other pagan holidays. Santa himself comes from some ancient european legends and he ran around with a demon pal named Krampus that had claws and would beat children who were bad, stuff them in a sack and take them away to be eaten. Thats where the "Santa/Claws" theme comes from. Then someone attributed God's advanced foreknowledge to him and it got twisted out of whack.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Life's beginning is paramount to how you believe . Anyone can understand that .

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

Super experience , great to hear . My wife had a similar experience . She doesn't fear death now either .

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter

Life's beginning is paramount to how you believe . Anyone can understand that .

Well, define which Life Beginning to which you refer, as there are several concepts.

The oldest is the theme of the Primordial Abyss, which is about the emergences of life from the seas on the first land to rise out of the abyss. Such is linked to the Eridu concept from the gods of Anu concepts.

Others get into Life beginnings from Adam and Eve when it involves the Creation theme, which is much younger concept that the Primordial Abyss concept.

Which concept for Life's beginning do you speak?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhisperingWinds

Myrrh stops internal bleeding, and external. All it took is a faint circulation.

scripture tells us he had no blood left to circulate.

When his side was pierced , He shed the last of his blood followed by water.

He literally shed ALL of His blood for the redemption of mankind..according to the bible.

Two things...

1. That is speculation... and its almost impossible to shed every ounce of blood in the body

2. Do you believe the shoud of turin is real?

IF you do... how do you explain the apparent "bleeding" on the shoud?

I am glad you clarified that. Had I said that was wrong they'd be hollering you are bashing Christians again.

Jesus still had lots of blood left and he was not dead.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Well thats not very nice... why wouldn't you spread such info around...

I'd like to see some of your proof of these properties...

Go buy yourself some. I test it on friends ever now and then. Those are all privacy issues. Not for public disclosures.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   

I think its possible some take the wrong approach to the subject...

IF he was truely the son of God... why wouldn't resurrection or survival be possible?

Isn't it said that "all things are possible with God"?

Go buy yourself some. I test it on friends ever now and then. Those are all privacy issues. Not for public disclosures.

Will do...

edit on 15-8-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT

Enki and Enlil.
Are they gods or aliens? Please tell me. And you never answered my question: Would using your logic mean Enki & Enlil were like Fairies from the Sky?

Sitchin Is Wrong.

You really should have your Avitar taken away, as you got no deduction skills like Charlie Chan.

The gods of Anu are the Creator gods. They are the Elohim, they are the pantheo of which Anu headed.

Elohim are Fallen Angles, those that fell from the skies to the Earth.

In the venacular of the times, they were called gods by the humans. Just as gods come from the sky, they were not originally from Earth. So, the term Aliens applies, as does ancient astronaughts.

Enki and Enlil was sons of Anu via different mothers. Enlil was the highest order executive for Earth's operations. Enki was like the science expert and the one that did the breeding experiments.

I've never heard the gods of Anu discribed as fairies from the sky. They usually get terms like Shining Ones, and they were like 7 ft tall. They were technologically advanced species close to human in appearances. Their offspring became the highly intelligent men of Renown. The Egyptian leaders of the early periods with the large heads were Annunaki linage.

The Annunaki ran various operations on Earth and most of the very old unexplained ruins stem from their efforts on Earth.

Sitchen isn't perfect in all that he writes, as some is fictional writing, but the issues for the existance of the Annunaki being Creator gods is supported in various ways. They were not the myth persons that some have suggested. All the old advanced cultures on Earth had at the center an Annunki leadership.

So, as times past---it was considered the Annunaki blood lines had the highest intelligence and the best choice to lead the peoples of the settlements of Earth. This carried down to the line of David with his Blonde Hair and Blue Eyes, this genetic look carried down to Jesus, whose genetic also expressed blonde hair and Blue Eyes. Jesus had the outward genetic triaits for the men of renown, all of which hand down from Anu Clan to Adam and Eve and on down the line with Enoch, Noah, Nimrod, Tammuz, etc.

This Annunaki blood line even gets involved with the UK Royals due to their linage from the Throne of David, so this is where the Royal effect originated.

Other good insights for the Anu is the Book of Enoch, which the Essene posessed and Jesus appears to have studied. Egypt's history started with the Royal bloodline from Anu. Mayans, same deal. Chinese had early leaders that were blonde. This genetic marker for leaders showed up all over the Planet Earth and each had advanced sciences and knowledge.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
So, tell us, Charlie Chan. Does Britannica screw up "Anu". Do they print lies and fabrication?

Did you dare base your opinion on one source that I can blow right out from under you and make you look ignorant and not well founded?

Britannica tells us:

www.britannica.com...

Why is it that the imagery for Anu being the bull is the same as for Nimrod. And Nimrod's horns and Nimrod's battle against the gods, and Nimrod playing god. Nimrod's tower against the Ziggurats. Apis Bull horns for gods all track back to Anu symbolism. It all flows together with known history of gods very well.

How will you deal with the Enoch story, which was found in the Caves out in the Judean desert. Did they screw up the pontifications on god? Or did you just fall down and pass into insignificance, and have need to give up your Avitar.

Most especially, how will you deal with U Penn's web page citations on the gods of Anu, and they house the largest collections of Ancient Sumerian antiquities. If there exists a benchmark for scholarship on Sumeria's gods, it lies at U Penn. They recognize Anu and it exists in the tablets themselves:

oracc.museum.upenn.edu...

Later An/Anu came to share or cede these functions, as Enlil and subsequently Marduk rose to prominence, but retained his essential character and high status throughout Mesopotamian history. Indeed, when other gods are elevated to a position of leadership, they are said to receive the anûtu, the "Anu-power". For example, in Enuma Elish the gods express Marduk's authority over them by declaring: "Your word is Anu!" (Tablet IV.4-6).

Can anyone really be so illiterate as to miss that which is obvious for the real scholars?

Tell us all how the very concept for god is tied with the prayers to god up in heaven above in the sky, and you not even connect that the god theme is out in space and connected with fallen angels from above. Yet, you miss that which is obvious and the very nose on your face.

Obviously, for the Bible scholars that have done the research above, they understand why the followers of Moses made a Golden Calf, as it traces right back to these origins. One also understands all the god things that Nimrod was doing to play god.

Obviously, we need a Sherlock Holms, in place of a GUT that thinks he is Charlie Chan. Researching Skill for GUT takes grade F. And that appears intentionally so, as that is the only way to explain such poor skills for discovery.

edit on 15-8-2012 by MagnumOpus because: We Need a New Private Investigator----Charlie Chan has passed into insignificance

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

People have to remember who made the days and nights, you can't give the days and nights to some clay, wood or rock carved dolls what belongs to Him and he says this in the OT.

Come on, Lonewolf. The truth of the matter here is you don't know who "made the days and nights," all you know about it came from a book written by men who were not there either. You are all guessing here.

the whole magical pagan crap derives from Saturnalia and other pagan holidays.

So does nearly every Christian symbol, and Christian holiday, all ripped off from earlier Pagan holidays. Do your research, you will see for yourself.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

People have to remember who made the days and nights, you can't give the days and nights to some clay, wood or rock carved dolls what belongs to Him and he says this in the OT.

Come on, Lonewolf. The truth of the matter here is you don't know who "made the days and nights," all you know about it came from a book written by men who were not there either. You are all guessing here.

the whole magical pagan crap derives from Saturnalia and other pagan holidays.

So does nearly every Christian symbol, and Christian holiday, all ripped off from earlier Pagan holidays. Do your research, you will see for yourself.

What you seem to fail to grasp Autowrench, and it's because you never had a salvation experience, is that we do know. He makes these things known to us, all we have to do is ask him. He came before everything else. All those pagan religions came from two people, Nimrod (Ninus) and his mother/wife Semiramis who set themselves up as gods millenia ago. I've done plenty of research, i went to college to be an anthropologist emphasis in archeaology. There is actually alot of scientific proof the bible is true and a historically accurate text. Even in those pagan legends there was always one nugget of truth, that there was always one ruler of Heaven and all creation. Every pagan religion has the same consistent story of a King of the gods, one ruler Greater than the lessers. Even with their twisted tales and sordid stories they couldn't squash the fact of a supreme deity because he wouldn't allow it. There's always a grain of truth in every myth, and that's it. He IS.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I'm sorry, what scientific evidence validates the stories of the bible?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

I agree people do have experiences with Spirit when they search, and miracles. However, each one, experiences this in their own way, depending on their programming. Just as NDE's are in the language the person understood. And yet Matthew 13 gives us a clue on deprogramming and actually asking Source/Creator to assist us, to heal our sight and hearing, so we wake up more.

So, while people experience what they may think of as a Patriarchal Source and it all fits into this majesty and authority and biblical thing,if they're programmed this way, an other is experiencing Dad and Mom, as in close Loved ones, and many different expressions of Love and Family assisting, even noticing their own family that has crossed over, and their own family here, but in their No Time, future self forms, assisting nonstop behind the scenes. For example after a breakthrough where my youngest was having difficulties and is too hyper to do the meditations or pray, I finally was a little desperate and got him to send up a short and simple, SOS, I need help please, to Creator/Family, to Dad/Mom, just said it a few times.

And I had a download of information to help him overcome his fears of being alone in the tub and asking him questions about choices we have. And was able to sail in and out of the bathroom, at least for a time. And just spent a lot of time understanding him and offering him positive thoughts to counter any fears that pop up. And then, discovered it was his prayers answered and it was answered not by changing him but by changing me, to trying to really understand him. Its his hyperactive nature that is like my father that creates a kind of barreir between us. In any case, it was my cousin, I flashed on him, brief contact. He had died years ago of Hodgkins disease, just out of his teens. A really good hearted young man, raised Christian, had carved his own thinking, had not exactly rebelled against the families dogma but more searching for his own way, and independent thinking but had never fallen. And I had this brief flash and contact with him in the bathroom and he was like super version of himself, like an advanced light worker, and he had sailed in and answered a little boys SOS.

Its not always what we think. Just like NDE's vary, those seek have varied reference points as well. Open heart and open mind is important, along with positive thoughts and deeds or an allignment with the inner ideals and outer actions.

There is not just one way, and the miracles we often experience seem to be our own Family helping behind the scenes.

edit on 15-8-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

I also 'knew' he was real, but once logic and reason take over, you realize that you 'knew' nothing, only what your pastor tells you, in my experience at least. You have to have more than one track in your mind to find the truth, you have to be susceptible and welcoming of change.

You don't seem to have this ability to accept and welcome change. People who lived 2,000 years ago did not understand life better than we do today. Science has no proof that your god exists, so what makes you think those who lived 2,000 years ago did?
edit on 15-8-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

ETA: Don't take this as me attacking you because it's not.

edit on 15-8-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join