It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For Adults who refuse to grow up, Is Christianity the Adult version for Santa Clauss

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Why hasn't this thread been banned already? I'd like to see someone make a thread only exchange 'Christian' with 'Muslim' and see how long that lasts. ATS do you really want to alienate your Christian members?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhisperingWinds

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by WhisperingWinds

I won't bother responding to her false accusations

Erm, please don't talk about me while I'm right here....
and...
what "false accusations"?
Also, the Q stands: Why have you decided I'm an enemy?

The false accusation that I contradicted myself, because I said the same thing 3 times, I believe, just in different ways. You seem to think that if folks are celebrating Christmas and buying gifts that they are promoting the whole fairy tale of santa and his reindeer which is simply not true.

I will not answer your question because it is another false accusation, as well as off topic.

Where christmas became unacceptable for christians is by attributing that gifts come from "Satan Claws" and not God, when God has stated explicitly that He is Provider and everything we get comes from Him. Do not offer food (cookies and milk) to Santa, do not even talk about him, setting food out for Santa is making food offerings. Jews like to point the finger at Christmas but they do Chanakuh (Feast of Lights) and they picked that up in Babylon and that's no different, Minus Santa and his demon pal Krampus who liked to beat bad children and sometimes eat them (hence the Santa/Claws).

Also Jesus was not born anywhere near December 25th, the pagan gods were. Jesus was born during the hebrew month of Tishri (mid September to mid October) near or on Sukkot (Feast of Tabernacles) when it was still warm enough for the shepherds to sleep in the fields with their sheep. Israel sufferes extreme temperatures and any later than October 15th would have been too cold for shepherds to stay in the fields with their sheep.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagnumOpus
You should read about the medical power of Myrrh sometime. Roman Soldiers would not go to battles without a huge stock of Myrrh to treat injuries.

Gladiators got run through with swords and spears, and Hippocrates never lost any he treated and the principle treatment was Myrrh.

Do I think it saved Jesus life, Absolutely. Which is why the story is told of Joseph and Nicodemus running around with a fortune in Myrrh to treat Jesus wounds.

Yeah, it's good stuff no doubt. Really good for hemorrhoids apparently. Minor pain relief, too. For Crucifixion ailments not so much.

The myrrh that the Magi gave to the baby Jesus foretold how he would suffer and die. The term myrrophore was applied to the women who bore spices to the sepulcher of Jesus—aloes, cassia and cinnamon. In Mesopotamia and the Greco-Roman worlds, myrrh was a panacea for almost every human affliction, from earaches to hem­orrhoids. The Asians esteemed myrrh as an astringent tonic taken internally and as a cleansing agent applied externally.
www.herbcompanion.com...

More uses:

In an attempt to determine the cause of its effectiveness, researchers examined the individual ingredients of a herbal formula used traditionally by Kuwaiti diabetics to lower blood glucose. Myrrh and aloe gums effectively improved glucose tolerance in both normal and diabetic rats.

Myrrh was shown to produce analgesic effects on mice which were subjected to pain. Researchers at the University of Florence showed that furanoeudesma-1,3-diene and another terpene in the myrrh affect opioid receptors in the mouse's brain which influence pain perception.

Mirazid, an Egyptian drug made from myrrh, has been investigated as an oral treatment of parasitic ailments, including fascioliasis and schistosomiasis.

Myrrh has been shown to lower cholesterol LDL (bad cholesterol) levels, as well as to increase the HDL (good cholesterol) in various tests on humans done in the past few decades. One recent (2009) documented laboratory test showed this same effect on albino rats.
en.wikipedia.org...

Could God have myrrh as part of the miracle? I guess so. Have I found any scholarship that backs your claims about myrrh? Nope.

edit on 14-8-2012 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

reply to post by MagnumOpus

Myrrh stops internal bleeding, and external. All it took is a faint circulation.

scripture tells us he had no blood left to circulate.

When his side was pierced , He shed the last of his blood followed by water.

He literally shed ALL of His blood for the redemption of mankind..according to the bible.

Two things...

1. That is speculation... and its almost impossible to shed every ounce of blood in the body

2. Do you believe the shoud of turin is real?

IF you do... how do you explain the apparent "bleeding" on the shoud?

edit on 14-8-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter

Well I guess the Trama centers ned to talk to you . Those Idiots don't know anything about your miracle herb .

Then you say conjecture do you . I call your explanation of Jesus saying that he still bares the sins of the world both past and future to mean that he never died a stretch beyond any realistic interpretation , even for an athiest .
Then your half hearted stab at the most important point to disprove the Bible and prove your point mitigates against your very basis of understanding and dedication to the truth of the matter .

Myrrh isn't a patent medicine, so pharmacy can't make any money off it.

It is all natural. Not Patentable in its natural form. Though some are looking at separations of the various compounds to patent.

Jesus suffered because of your Sins, and those sins were that they didn't know the issue for god. You still don't, so the past and future issue. The Sins then was not knowing how to converse accurately on the terms of god, and that same lack of knowledge persists today.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

The Gregorian calendar that we use today is much easier to understand than the Hebrew calendar . The birth of Jesus related to the birth of John the Baptist caused a misconception of the actual date because most apply it to the calendar we use today.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Two things... 1. That is speculation... and its almost impossible to shed every ounce of blood in the body 2. Do you believe the shoud of turin is real? IF you do... how do you explain the apparent "bleeding" on the shoud?

those are good points...and you could be right about it being impossible to totally shed every bit of blood.

As far as the blood marks on the Turin..those could have easily been there embedded in his hair, since the first scourging at the pillar. They could have missed drops that were embedded in the hair , considering he was hit many times on the head wearing a crown of thorns. Shedding all your blood doesn't mean there won't be some on the outside of your body.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT

Could God have myrrh as part of the miracle? I guess so. Have I found any scholarship that backs your claims about myrrh? Nope.

If you were a good researcher, one would find Myrrh was highly Prized by the gods of Anu. And it was likely one of the plant species they cultured.

Keep looking, Shelock. Evidently Benny Hand can't find it/ I've seen it. But I know you have comprehinsion issues. Compounded by arrogance and a severe attitude------all of which seems to be a christian trait from the need to invent miracles and violate common sense laws of nature.

Real Bible scholars know it is tied to a treatment for Lepers. And they know the raising of Lazarus was connected with Myrrh.

But, only the best Bible Scholars know that. Most miss the nose in front of their face.

edit on 14-8-2012 by MagnumOpus because: Back to the search engines

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

If you were a good researcher, one would find Myrrh was highly Prized by the gods of Anu. And it was likely one of the plant species they cultured.

Keep looking. I've seen it. But I know you have comprehinsion issues.

Hes not refuting that Myrrh was highly prized and useful..

He is saying that it could not save a persons life after suffering beatings and a death by crucifixion .
(all those on the crosses that day had to die)

edit on 14-8-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

He is saying that it could not save a persons life after suffering beatings and a death by crucifixion .

Perhaps you missed the hint. Myrrh is connected to the gods of Anu and highly so. Myrrh was once more expensive than gold due to its healing power.

When the Magi brought Myrrh, frankensense, and gold----these were the most valued of the god of Anu.

His supposition is on track-----he just needs to open his eyes a little wider.

I just want him to fight for it. No gifts for the arrogant.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by WhisperingWinds

I just refuse to go into a long soliloquy on what and who I think God is, and why because it is a personal journey for everyone. All I ever encourage anyone to do is to see SINCERELY seek the truth to be revealed to them in a humble and openhearted way , and the rest is up to God.

Why not? If you are going top push your God on all of us, then explain just who and what your God is, and what is he up to? Who is your God, anyway? He got a name? This forum is about denial of ignorance. In here, if we have a theory, we explain that theory deeply, and explore if completely.

Why would I want to talk about God when He can do the talking for Himself.

If he talks to you, then tell him to spot over. We have some things to talk about about his followers, and they way he's running the world. I'll be home all day tomorrow. I'm not kidding, I mean what I say.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Let me put it to you this way. Lazarus didn't die, and Myrrh revived him from severe Leperocy.

Jesus didn't die, got close, and Myrrh brought him back from the brink of death.

Your arrogance is an extreme bother and your fairy tales of religion all nonsense. If a person is clinically dead, nothing brings them back.

You violate the laws of natuire with absolute impugnity. Nothing in the bible violates the laws of nature, only your extreme and untrue beliefs in fairy tales tell crazy stories that are not true.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

The only relationship that Jesus might share with the mythical creation of Santa is that Jesus has made the sacrifice for your sins and offers you a gift of Grace and Mercy . This plan of Gods is law . Like a judge whose rulings can not be overturned . You don't like his decision and your helpless to do anything about it . But Jesus is your advocate and your only advocate . Don't piss him off ! As far as childish adults hiding behind Jesus like a youngster behind mom or a soldier behind cover in a gun battle , what idiot stands up and takes the blast square in the snout .
Now you might want to take a real look at the lack of a substantiated explanation of the beginning of life on this rock or for that matter anywhere . Then how could it ever make it here alive . Abiogenesis is not acceptable either for the obvious reasons RNA and DNA is way to complex to randomly occur even with all those billions of years Carl Sagan liked to BS people with .

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Nothing in the bible violates the laws of nature

Killing women and children doesn't violate the laws of nature?

hmm..

I have issues with that

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter

The only relationship that Jesus might share with the mythical creation of Santa is that Jesus has made the sacrifice for your sins and offers you a gift of Grace and Mercy . This plan of Gods is law . Like a judge whose rulings can not be overturned . You don't like his decision and your helpless to do anything about it . But Jesus is your advocate and your only advocate . Don't piss him off ! As far as childish adults hiding behind Jesus like a youngster behind mom or a soldier behind cover in a gun battle , what idiot stands up and takes the blast square in the snout .
Now you might want to take a real look at the lack of a substantiated explanation of the beginning of life on this rock or for that matter anywhere . Then how could it ever make it here alive . Abiogenesis is not acceptable either for the obvious reasons RNA and DNA is way to complex to randomly occur even with all those billions of years Carl Sagan liked to BS people with .

Try your fear mongering scare tactics somewhere else. Judge rulings are overturned all the time, this is why they have Courts of Appears and they find Judges make errors all the time.

The Sin that got Jesus on the Cross was the Pharisee didn't understand his speaking about Enki, and his blood linked linage from him and that Jesus knew the story of the gods so well that he was almost as one of them as was Enoch and Elijah.

The same problem exists today with you and the Christian arrogance that models the Pharisee that nailed Jesus to the cross.

Utter non-sense with your extreme arrogance.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

hmm..

I have issues with that

Nature tells humans can be killed. Nature isn't about moral issues.

Religions kill---just look at Iraq---Iran---etc. The warning of Revelations on the corrupt political church kills. That points at you.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

hmm..

I have issues with that

Nature tells humans can be killed. Nature isn't about moral issues.

Religions kill---just look at Iraq---Iran---etc. The warning of Revelations on the corrupt political church kills. That points at you.

Religion doesn't kill... people kill

So what does "nature" mean to you... Survival of the fittest?

Are we talking the "nature" of the spirit or the nature of the physical here?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
So, what is happening is there is a debate on the fantasy story for Jesus that violates the issues of natural laws, which makes the story a myth. A myth that exists in the same sense that Santa was a fantasy.

What has happened is the story of Jesus was never these acclaimed miracles, only embellished stories. Jews were in such a hurry to bury anyone that didn't wake up, that they literally burried live persons. In the US, this happened also, and the story of little bells hooked to peoples fingers in the grave became the saying or Saved By the Bell.

As we sort these issues out a bit, what is really happening is the theme of Sticking Jesus in a Santa outfit continues to develop. Santa is fantasy mythical and to dress Jesus in a Santa suit clothes him in the same idea of fantasy and myth. Like Santa's story violated the Natural Laws of the universe, so does the embellished Jesus story that is supported by Christian Arrogance towards remaining sane in the real story of Jesus.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Let me put it to you this way. Lazarus didn't die, and Myrrh revived him from severe Leperocy.

Jesus didn't die, got close, and Myrrh brought him back from the brink of death.

Your arrogance is an extreme bother and your fairy tales of religion all nonsense. If a person is clinically dead, nothing brings them back.

You violate the laws of natuire with absolute impugnity. Nothing in the bible violates the laws of nature, only your extreme and untrue beliefs in fairy tales tell crazy stories that are not true.

Fairy tales and Arrogance? You should know. What makes your Sitchin made-up religion any less a fairy tale using your own "logic?"

The Sin that got Jesus on the Cross was the Pharisee didn't understand his speaking about Enki, and his blood linked linage from him and that Jesus knew the story of the gods so well that he was almost as one of them as was Enoch and Elijah.

The same problem exists today with you and the Christian arrogance that models the Pharisee that nailed Jesus to the cross.

Utter non-sense with your extreme arrogance.

Enki and Enlil.
Are they gods or aliens? Please tell me. And you never answered my question: Would using your logic mean Enki & Enlil were like Fairies from the Sky?

Sitchin Is Wrong.

edit on 14-8-2012 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Jobeycool

The amount of bashing of christians on the internet is frightening and the blantant arrogance and ignorance is unreal.

I could show you a bunch of threads and replies where Christians show their own blatant arrogance and ignorance on their own book, their own religion, their own God. Ask a question, they yell Hate! Dispute something they believe, Satan!

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join