It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For Adults who refuse to grow up, Is Christianity the Adult version for Santa Clauss

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide
who wants to grow up anyway? it sounds a bit overrated and seemingly not all it's cracked up to be... Myself I want to enjoy life.

I guess grown-ups are interested in what makes it work? but knowing somehow takes away from the mysterious glory of it all.

Perhaps, as you speak, many don't want to grow up.

Yet, the unity of the world depends upon the common ground of truth and when the religious extremes and lies exist no longer, the wrongs won't exist, honesty will return, a heaven on Earth made of truths, and love of others can exist in greater abundance.

So, growing up is part of stewardship toward others that promotes a universal benevolence that becames Heaven on Earth. Such is the order of the day in Revelations Prophecy and what appears the issue of Jesus work for Heaven on Earth. Truth is expected and required, the essential essence of true religion that values truth, and a truth common to all. That becomes a religion that all support, and that promissed peace.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by MagnumOpus

Originally posted by SisyphusRide
who wants to grow up anyway? it sounds a bit overrated and seemingly not all it's cracked up to be... Myself I want to enjoy life.

I guess grown-ups are interested in what makes it work? but knowing somehow takes away from the mysterious glory of it all.

Perhaps, as you speak, many don't want to grow up.

Yet, the unity of the world depends upon the common ground of truth and when the religious extremes and lies exist no longer, the wrongs won't exist, honesty will return, a heaven on Earth made of truths, and love of others can exist in greater abundance.

So, growing up is part of stewardship toward others that promotes a universal benevolence that becames Heaven on Earth. Such is the order of the day in Revelations Prophecy and what appears the issue of Jesus work for Heaven on Earth. Truth is expected and required, the essential essence of true religion that values truth, and a truth common to all. That becomes a religion that all support, and that promissed peace.

growing up as related to this thread means a scientific explanation of life...

nobody ever told or showed me any different... it is heaven on earth for me... I'm in love

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by MagnumOpus
Kids know Santa might be real because of the story and presents show up under the tree, if they are good children.

Now, does Jesus leave any rewards, like eternal life, that anyone has found anyone telling about?
lets not be good and never let any others enjoy life on this planet in relative safety.

Should adults grow up, or keep Jesus in a Santa Suit?
i dunno... eternal life sound so much better than some underwear and socks wrapped up under a tree.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
**ATTENTION**

There will NOT be another warning.

ANY violation of the Terms & Conditions, including off topic remarks, will warrant a 72 hour posting ban.

No questions asked, and no possible lift of said ban for the full 72 hours.

If you have issues with staff, please file an alert, otherwise, discuss the topic.

~Tenth
ATS Mod

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
The allegorical and metaphore bottom line of the OP was this, and it goes right over most Christian's heads:

"Should adults grow up, or keep Jesus in a Santa Suit?"

It is an allegory that tests the knowledge of Bible Scholars and one that exposes the issues of Revelations.

To understand the central issue for the metaphore, it is a comparison of myths. To get to the myth of Jesus requires an understanding of Revelations and the warnings about the corrupt political church. The Corrupt Political Church is generally considered to be the Church of Rome and the Bible derived of Constantine. Constantine was a Sun Worship person, whose Mom was early Christian. But his Bible selected the corrupted text of John with the forged Trinity derived of Nimrod Trinity, or that of Sun Worship. One has to admit to the Political Churches forgery, if one is grown up to face that truth.

Everyone, but little kids, know that Santa is a myth and so it causes not much harm except perhaps telling children a lie. It is exploited for commercial gains, yet resembles the Gifts of the Magi theme. It generally brightens the gloom of winters and holiday good dinners for family get together. But, it is still highly following Sun Worhip patterns. It sneaks in various little fantasy and pagan things from Santa to Sun worship for the holiday's imagery.

I consider getting to the bottom of the allegory "Should adults grow up, or keep Jesus in a Santa Suit?" to be a good mental challege to get the Christian Communities to begin to think. Because the political church forged Trinity, there is no grounds to consider Jesus as god. So, the political church invented a myth for Jesus.

Santa is a myth also, but given up as such. So, to keep Jesus in a Santa suit is to cast him as a myth. But does anyone want Jesus the Myth, or Jesus The Man, the Prophet, the Messiah as the honest truth.

Should adults grow up, or keep Jesus in a Santa Suit? is a challenge to all to present the truth on Jesus, and take him out of a Santa Suit not only on Christmas, but every day of the years to come.

When one does this, one departs from the politcal church theme, gains some common ground with Islam and Judaism who don't believe the Jesus is god theme, as they have the proof of the forged Bible text.

So, the issue is kids grew up and accepted Santa as myth, and adults appear to not have grown up and cling to the myth view of Jesus that is the product of the Political Church and the essence of the Revelations prophecy.

More than half the world speaks to this being the case, yet only those that hold to this wrong interpretation become the same as those that caused the destruction of the 1st and 2nd temples that was 666 years apart in time, and they associated with the Beast. It is this flawed belief that is the mark of an uncaring Beast.

So, to discuss this bottom line: "Should adults grow up, or keep Jesus in a Santa Suit?", many issues of religion and Christianty come into play, and the issues for the untruths of a political church, that one has to grow up to accept, that it is a reality.

One has to come to terms with: 'I have not gone to the Father" and tell them about My Father and their Father, and My god and their god. And to do that one finds the heaven in the skies, the fallen angels, the want of Jesus for a heaven on Earth. One finds these same god issues sprang up all over the planet, yet who created these fallen angel's god finds the true concept of God. Most Christians literally don't know the concept for the god Vs God theme in the Bible.

Until everyone can get down to these four factors, no one knows the story of Jesus or how to cast his message in a light of truth and not myth.

It is those that can't understand these factors that are the false Christians, ones that worship false Idols, ones that worship graven images, ones that mix Sun worship pagan tied to a political church.

Should adults grow up, or keep Jesus in a Santa Suit? is a way of saying that modern Christians are a poliitcal belief that does not present Jesus in a truthful light. But very few have the depth of though to see the allegory's message.

edit on 14-8-2012 by MagnumOpus because: The real Jesus and the mythical jesus

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Well, I was hoping this thread was going to move into a more different direction than a bashing thread

Anyways, there's some interesting information out there on the archetype of Santa back down to his Pagan origins and his Christianization (St. Nicholas).

Here's some quickies:

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 14-8-2012 by Arles Morningside because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Most Christians I know, do not promote Santa Claus at Christmas.

Whether they teach their children about a mythical legend is another topic, but equating the belief in Santa to that of Christianity seems a tad bizarre to me, considering that is usually Christians who scream the loudest about not perpetuating that lie to our children, especially concerning where presents actually come from.

I never lied to my children about where presents came from, and they certainly knew the myths behind Santa ..and the real focus behind Christmas.

While some may not believe that Jesus was even born, or died and resurrected , it would be difficult to prove that it was all a myth.

There are still miracles performed today in the name of Jesus, by the power and grace of the resurrected Christ, and this has been happening since His death and resurrection 2000 years ago.

edit on 14-8-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by WhisperingWinds

You must have a very narrow social circle then. MOST Christians embrace Christmas as a huge holiday, arguably the most important one of the year, and fill it with Christmas carols talking about Jesus' birth.

That is evidenced by every shop and large store putting up decorations, selling boxed or single cards, and promoting spending on gifts. Most Christians don't? The JWs and a few evangelicals are the only ones I know of that DON'T.

Just didn't want you to have the last word here. The OP's point still stands: Santa is Jesus-lite for kids. Those same kids that get presents very, very often also go to CHURCH over Christmas. Not all, no, but the majority who are the offspring of Protestant and Catholic Christians.

Are you American?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhisperingWinds

Whether they teach their children about a mythical legend is another topic, but equating the belief in Santa to that of Christianity seems a tad bizarre to me, considering that is usually Christians who scream the loudest about not perpetuating that lie to our children, especially concerning where presents actually come from.

I never lied to my children about where presents came from, and they certainly knew the myths behind Santa ..and the real focus behind Christmas.

While some may not believe that Jesus was even born, or died and resurrected , it would be difficult to prove that it was all a myth.

There are still miracles performed today in the name of Jesus, by the power and grace of the resurrected Christ, and this has been happening since His death and resurrection 2000 years ago.

The Christians I know all play the Santa Game with their kids.

IF you have issues with this OP theme---take it up with the Christian Web folk that tell the story that Santa upsets issues of god:

biblefocus.net...

So, you be sure to accuse Christians of Bizarre Behviors.

Quite to the contrary, you have to prove Jesus is god. And can't, so end of story.

Most of the Jesus issues on his god speak were about the gods of Anu theme, and in the pagan minds of man in those times this term stuck. The gods of Anu are pagan god issues.

No logical person assume Jesus is god and try to go the other way. When Jesus spoke of being like god, he was speaking of his blood kinship and likeness to these gods of Anu that bred Adam and Eve. Such is a reasonable statement, if taken in the context that these are pagan beliefs in gods of the Elohim and the gods of Anu. These are the very same ones Abraham walked with as a child in the City of Ur.

Anyone that fails to take into the account the god and God issues of those times, usually lies to their children and to themselves. They don't understand the contexts of the times.

The only real God Concept is the God that created the gods of Anu, and the one in common with the architech of the universe. Jesus, god, The Father, was Enki. Most other's god was Anlil / Yahweh. Neither are the Capital G God.

Until the Christians all learn this difference, you are basically pagan.

The reason that Islam won't allow you to pray to Jesus on any of their sites, is Jesus isn't God, but he has a kinship with the gods of Anu. But your Bible and Your prayers offend Islam. Likewise, go to Israel and try to tell your evangelical story to a Jewish person and you'll end up in jail and tossed out of the country for your offensive behavior. Your beliefs are offensive to large parts of the world, and for good reason.

They are also offensive to most folks that value truth and couching the issues in the correct ways.

edit on 14-8-2012 by MagnumOpus because: Bogus gods and offensive behaviors

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arles Morningside
Well, I was hoping this thread was going to move into a more different direction than a bashing thread

Anyways, there's some interesting information out there on the archetype of Santa back down to his Pagan origins and his Christianization (St. Nicholas).

Here's some quickies:

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

Yes, I have read those before and some of that did begin the Santa theme. But then the Santa theme grew legs and Santa got Reindeer to fly around the planet to have out mega-tons of toys to kids. Then Santa moved to the North Pole and enlisted a bunch of Elves to make Toys. The original literal beginning were embellished into mostly myths.

But, the like process happened with the Jesus story as the Christians kept inflating his story with embellishments to make it largely myth with being god, then blended with Nimrod Sun worship issues.

There are many similarities in how Santa became almost a godlike myth, and how a like process drove the Jesus story embellishments to myth.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by MagnumOpus

The only real God Concept is the God that created the gods of Anu, and the one in common with the architech of the universe. Jesus, god, The Father, was Enki. Most other's god was Anlil / Yahweh. Neither are the Capital G God. Until the Christians all learn this difference, you are basically pagan.

Where is your solid proof that the above is truth , and not just merely more myth ?

How can you call all Christians believers in myths and fairy tales, and then come along with your concept and tout it like it is truth, when you have very little proof.

Many would believe that you are only trying to promote more myth, with little proof to back up your claims.

If you can't or refuse to believe in the accounts of the death and resurrection of Jesus , because you feel the history and eye witnesses behind it are fabricated, what makes the documentation of what you base your concept on any more reliable ?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

The only real God Concept is the God that created the gods of Anu, and the one in common with the architech of the universe. Jesus, god, The Father, was Enki. Most other's god was Anlil / Yahweh. Neither are the Capital G God. Until the Christians all learn this difference, you are basically pagan.

Where is your solid proof that the above is truth , and not just merely more myth ?

How can you call all Christians believers in myths and fairy tales, and then come along with your concept and tout it like it is truth, when you have very little proof.

Many would believe that you are only trying to promote more myth, with little proof to back up your claims.

If you can't or refuse to believe in the accounts of the death and resurrection of Jesus , because you feel the history and eye witnesses behind it are fabricated, what makes the documentation of what you base your concept on any more reliable ?

One is Jesus own words. Don't touch me for I have not gone to the Father.

Meaning, I am not a ghost and you don't have to test me with touching, and I did not die and have not gone to the Father.

I doesn't get any more plain than that.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

One is Jesus own words. Don't touch me for I have not gone to the Father. Meaning, I am not a ghost and you don't have to test me with touching, and I did not die and have not gone to the Father. I doesn't get any more plain than that.

You're getting very confusing in what you are trying to imply with your words.

Can you clarify please ?

Jesus said those words after rising from the dead and before his ascension into heaven , within the 40 days that he witnessed to and taught his disciples ,after his resurrection from the dead.

What exactly, and plainly are you trying to say using that reference ?

Are you using Jesus's own words as an attempt to back your concept of who the "real" god is?..and are you using them in the correct context they were originally intended for?

edit on 14-8-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

One is Jesus own words. Don't touch me for I have not gone to the Father. Meaning, I am not a ghost and you don't have to test me with touching, and I did not die and have not gone to the Father. I doesn't get any more plain than that.

You're getting very confusing in what you are trying to imply with your words.

Can you clarify please ?

Jesus said those words after rising from the dead and before his ascension into heaven , within the 40 days that he witnessed to and taught his disciples ,after his resurrection from the dead.

What exactly, and plainly are you trying to say using that reference ?

Are you using Jesus's own words as an attempt to back your concept of who the "real" god is?..and are you using them in the correct context they were originally intended for?

The words assigned to Jesus say:

bible.cc...

John 20:17 Jesus said, "Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet returned to the Father.

Do not touch me, I have not gone to the Father. Which means he never died on the Cross. Else, he would have gone off as his spirit to heaven. The words clearly tell he didn't die, nor will he any time soon. Also, there is no need to worship me, as no miracles occured.

Joseph and Nicodemus just treated Jesus with a 100 pounds of Myrrh, which is the miracle medicine for puncture wounds used to treat gladiators in the times of Hippocrates. It stops bleeding, acts as antibiotic, promotes rapid healing with little scaring. I use this myself and it works. Hippocrates never lost a gladiator using Myrrh, and they were cut to pieces with sword fights.

The problem is you believe in things that can classically have you termed Insane. You readily jump into the world of non-reality without even a question. Nobdy suspended the rules of the Universe and it is crazy to suggest that, but you do.

There are no big mircles, just words that you embellish into something they are not meant to mean.

The rest of the story is Jesus is climbing a learning ladder and finding the clues that allows him to know the total truth for the issues of god. These are called Raisings in the land of Masons. When Jesus is returning unto his god and their god it simply means he has learned the ultimate knowledge of the gods and he has found the ultimate truths, and that makes Heaven on Earth where truth is known.

Even the Muslims do better than Christians, as all their Mosques don't have a single image for god, nothing but a pretty building, a few Muslim prayers to Allah on the wall. And Allah can't be discribed in any human form or otherwise, because the Great Architech of the Universe has no definite form. You will never find any Icons for God there

So, when Bible Narrative says that god created man in their image, they did not refer to the Allah version of god and the architech of the Universe. They refered to the gods of Anu and the Creator gods of the Fertile Crescent where Abraham was born. There are two distinct differences, which you fail to acknowledge.

When you violate the laws of the planet to attempt to make Jesus into god, you move into a world of make believe and a total loss of reality. Such fabricate nonsense lingo makes Christians appear as nutty to the whole world.

edit on 14-8-2012 by MagnumOpus because: The Christians loss of reality

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

When you violate the laws of the planet to attempt to make Jesus into god, you move into a world of make believe and a total loss of reality. Such fabricate nonsense lingo makes Christians appear as nutty to the whole world.

I don't attempt to violate laws of nature ...It was God , who suspended the laws of nature, so that the Man God, Jesus could be raised from the dead, and ascend into heaven 40 days later.

You think Jesus is saying those words because he did not die on a cross, but again you take bible verses out of context to what they actually meant. His words in that passage meant that He had risen from the dead, and would ascend into heaven when the time was right.

I think it best to not get into a "debate" with you, because your logic is confusing , as well as your interpretation of the words in a book you don't believe in.. being incorrect.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

I don't attempt to violate laws of nature ...It was God , who suspended the laws of nature, so that the Man God, Jesus could be raised from the dead, and ascend into heaven 40 days later.

You think Jesus is saying those words because he did not die on a cross, but again you take bible verses out of context to what they actually meant. His words in that passage meant that He had risen from the dead, and would ascend into heaven when the time was right.

I think it best to not get into a "debate" with you, because your logic is confusing , as well as your interpretation of the words in a book you don't believe in.. being incorrect.

If your mind believes, by saying, anything violated the laws of the universe-----you violated reality. You think using the word god is a sudden say anything game. It isn't. Everything in the Bible follows the laws of the universe, except human imagination which violates rational thought.

Your second paragraph is pure Non-sense.

If you go off into violations of the laws of the Universe, using your little imaginary god game, that is just crazy talk.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

If you go off into violations of the laws of the Universe, using your little imaginary god game, that is just crazy talk.

The laws of nature have been suspended many times throughout history through the will of the Almighty. It is not violation for Him to suspend what he has created for His own good purposes. He will continue to do so as He sees justified into the future as well.

That is my belief, and you can ridicule my beliefs all you want, it won't change what I believe.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

The laws of nature have been suspended many times throughout history through the will of the Almighty. It is not violation for Him to suspend what he has created for His own good purposes. He will continue to do so as He sees justified into the future as well.

That is my belief, and you can ridicule my beliefs all you want, it won't change what I believe.

Jesus and the gang were limited to the gods of Abraham, the small g god. Creator gods of human breeding experiments are not the Big G architech of the universe type.

The Big G God pays no attention to little human issues on Earth and the Laws of the Universe remain fixed.

Just like Santa Clauss, there is a lot of embellishment on things over the years. Anything violating the laws of universe require extensive evidence, because the Big G God doesn't pay humans any mind at all.

The Small g gods have some extensive sciences, because they were very advanced. So advanced at the time the humans called them gods. But in today's terms the gods of Anu are not GOD.

edit on 14-8-2012 by MagnumOpus because: g and G issues and laws of the Universe

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join