It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Define Christianity as Hate - The New Homosexual Agenda

page: 64
<< 61  62  63    65  66  67 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agoyahtah

Originally posted by Annee

Love is not sex. Love is a responsibility.

A responsibility for what?

You figure it out.

And don't quote the bible to me.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Apparently "sodomy crusaders" can now become US congressmen

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Believer101

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
reply to post by nunyadammm

Just an FYI he already admitted earlier his sexual orientation was not a choice. He's just a horribly stubborn, arrogant, mean person. All there is to it. And yes that was against the T & C. But so was most of his posts and he didn't get penalized. So.... I will say it how I understand it.... he is an evil person to the bone. It's best we don't feed such evil our time and energy. It's better spent towards people with hearts intact.
edit on 16-8-2012 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

And now you understand why I haven't been posting much of anything lately. There's no point to it, at all. It was interesting at first, but now it's just insulting and annoying.

I am right there with you, and what is so very bothersome is I wrote some Damn good Replies, I thought?
I wrote my Last post in that direction,,, and it was On topic and still didn't get any real reply,, just hot air.
So As I said in agreement with Nunyadammm and yourself,,, I am trying to quit feeding the Monsters of Unreasonableness.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

There's no sex in heaven.

Great so not only is there no sex but I am gonna be stuck with people like him.

What are the mortal sins again?

My next post is going to be On Topic I promise

edit on 16-8-2012 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen23

Unfortunately, there are monsters and bigots on both sides of the issue.

I just wish people would learn it doesn't have to be that way.

As long as people aren't really hurting anyone, it really shouldn't matter what a person believes or does with their own life.

For example, Floyd Lee Corkins.

He shot a security guard Family Research Council building in Washington DC because of their support of traditional marriage.

Please don't take this to mean I am generalizing or berating all homosexuals, because I truly am not.

edit on 16-8-2012 by EvilSadamClone because: Floyd's a he not a she, sorry

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen23

So As I said in agreement with Nunyadammm and yourself,,, I am trying to quit feeding the Monsters of Unreasonableness.

Count me in.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

I FULLY understand that there are Extremes on BOTH Sides of this, and all coins,,,
and that is what needs to be dealt with,, the Extreme

Moderates never are as rude nor stupidly fixed in their worldviews,, they leave room for improvement.

I have never been one that fit into a box easy,, and I don't like being labeled a certain way just because of one aspect of my life.

I believe in the evolution of individual lives, where growth occurs and room for improvement is always given room.
I don't hate Christians,, just their dogma that stomps on me, and the Big Business aspects,,
as they love to say,, Hate the Sin ,, not the Sinner,,
I say Hate the Dogma,, not the Individual Christian

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone

She shot a security guard Family Research Council building in Washington DC because of their support of traditional marriage.

And some Christian shot up an abortion center.

Nuts are Nuts.

EDIT: I did not miss this statement in your post: Unfortunately, there are monsters and bigots on both sides of the issue.

Just kind of wish you had posted it the end - - - after mentioning the security guard being shot.

That was kind of like a ZINGER - - - there at the end.
edit on 16-8-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Why was this moved to rant, especially after all this time when it had not been moved?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

I blame the homosexual killer aliens.

There are some really great posts from a lot of members in this thread. Diamonds in the rough I am afraid.

I don't mind it being moved to Rant seems fair enough to me. I am still going to read all the posts and sometimes post on topic

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Love is not sex. Love is a responsibility.

A responsibility for what?

You figure it out.

And don't quote the bible to me.

You mean responsibility for raising kids?

Real love like this mom?

edit on 16-8-2012 by Agoyahtah because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Does anyone ever get the feeling this is one of their big agenda's and distractions. And that we should choose to safeguard our Love, weed out our prejudice and tackle the corruption at the top more, and equalizing in the world more.

And No Christ's message was never Hate, but I don't like any religion.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Agreed. If you study the words of jesus, budha, mohammed, etc. Much different than followers now seem to push. You gotta read them for yourself really. Which is a problem. People are too busy watching the retard box, and playing pointless games like sims or whatever.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Hooray !

Anderson Cooper finally getting on to the right track.

Kelly Ripa comforts Anderson Cooper in Croatia amid cheating rumours

SOURCE: ca.omg.yahoo.com...

Yesterday morning Cooper posted a photo to his Twitter account of a fresh-faced Ripa snuggling up to him. The "Live!" host is a big fan of Cooper's and recently told Us Weekly she would like him as her new co-host.

"We have a connection like nobody else," she said. "I worship him!"

Maybe Anderson will finally see the light.

No more unfaithful gay partners, time for partners that can make a real commitment.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Why do Christians hate homosexuals (but not shellfish-eaters)?

There’s a recent post at The Atheist Ethicist, The Source of Hatred, where Alonzo explores the question of why theists hate homosexuals.

According to him, religion is not the cause. It’s the excuse. It’s what bigots use to rationalize their bigotry: “the Bible says it’s an abomination.”

But… Leviticus also says that eating shellfish is an abomination! Yet most Christians probably eat shrimp, and, anyway, there was never any persecution of shellfish-eaters. Why is that? Why is one sentence taken as “God’s law”, and another just as “ancient dietary laws”, when they’re both forbidden in the same book, and the condemnation for both (“abomination”) is the same?

The answer, of course, is that people are already bigots (though an important source of that bigotry may well be church sermons). Saying “It’s God’s command” instead of admitting to their prejudice makes them feel better.

www.wayofthemind.org...

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   

But… Leviticus also says that eating shellfish is an abomination! Yet most Christians probably eat shrimp,

I have a relative that can't eat any shellfish. He has very severe allergic reactions, and could die from eating. We have to keep all shellfish away from him. Even slight contamination causes a biological reaction.

So, most probably that shellfish rule had a very good reason for being there, not all body types can tolerate it. Personally, I have no adverse biological reaction to shrimp. I don't know about other types of shellfish, since I just don't like the taste of whole species. For me, it's not religious, or allergy, just preference. But, I can understand why a loving God would create such a rule to save his people some unnecessary suffering.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensible1
The attack on Chik Fil-A is a proxy attack on Jesus and the church as well.. The anti-Christian (anti- Christ) spirit of thinking is that "Nobody can tell me I'm wrong.." so I Christ must be wrong... so the church is being attacked.

Oh how dramatic. Boo hoo.

If the owner of a business spent millions of dollars to deny you your right to be Christian.

You'd be screaming a different tune.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

But… Leviticus also says that eating shellfish is an abomination! Yet most Christians probably eat shrimp,

I have a relative that can't eat any shellfish. He has very severe allergic reactions, and could die from eating. We have to keep all shellfish away from him. Even slight contamination causes a biological reaction.

I'm allergic to shellfish too.

So what. It has nothing to do with the point being made.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Why do Christians hate homosexuals (but not shellfish-eaters)?

There’s a recent post at The Atheist Ethicist, The Source of Hatred, where Alonzo explores the question of why theists hate homosexuals.

According to him, religion is not the cause. It’s the excuse. It’s what bigots use to rationalize their bigotry: “the Bible says it’s an abomination.”

But… Leviticus also says that eating shellfish is an abomination! Yet most Christians probably eat shrimp, and, anyway, there was never any persecution of shellfish-eaters. Why is that? Why is one sentence taken as “God’s law”, and another just as “ancient dietary laws”, when they’re both forbidden in the same book, and the condemnation for both (“abomination”) is the same?

The answer, of course, is that people are already bigots (though an important source of that bigotry may well be church sermons). Saying “It’s God’s command” instead of admitting to their prejudice makes them feel better.

www.wayofthemind.org...

The shellfish rule was stricly for the Israelites/hebrews under mosaic law. So unless he is a jew or hebrew it does not apply. From what I have read on the subject.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I believe he was trying to make the case that God told people not to eat shellfish out of concern for their well-being. He is very concerned about well-being

“We read the Golden Rule and judge it to be a brilliant distillation of many of our ethical impulses. And then we come across another of God’s teachings on morality: if a man discovers on his wedding night that his bride is not a virgin, he must stone her to death on her father’s doorstep (Deuteronomy 22:13-21).” ― Sam Harris

top topics

<< 61  62  63    65  66  67 >>

join