It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Define Christianity as Hate - The New Homosexual Agenda

page: 61
<< 58  59  60    62  63  64 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agoyahtah

Originally posted by Annee

I am not focusing on Jesus. I can assure you of that.

Every time you mention the name Jesus, he blesses you. You're on your way.

And your objective evidence for that is?

Or is it simply blind belief?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

And no, simply thinking about something doesn't automatically mean you worship it. If I think about Jesus I don't automatically worship him, just like I don't automatically worship unicorns if I think about them.

Perhaps you can tell me then, how is your worship different?

I posted the definition, that should make it pretty clear why your definition is wrong

You printed some dictionary collection of meanings. Get another dictionary, you'll find another collection. That's why I asked you what your idea of worship is.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Pretending the bible is flawless and answering everything isn't rational given that it is proven to be scientifically wrong in hundreds of cases.

Now, everyone has the right to believe whatever they want...

Yes, scientists can believe what ever they want. But, to prove something in the bible right or wrong with science, you first need to understand "both" the bible and science. Unfortunately, the scientists have no clue what the bible is saying. Herein is the problem.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Pretending the bible is flawless and answering everything isn't rational given that it is proven to be scientifically wrong in hundreds of cases.

Yes, scientists can believe what ever they want. But, to prove something in the bible right or wrong with science, you first need to understand "both" the bible and science. Unfortunately, the scientists have no clue what the bible is saying. Herein is the problem.

I prefer to base my beliefs on OBJECTIVE evidence

So for example if the bible claims there was a global flood, but objective evidence PROVES that this never happened...then well...it never happened.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

And no, simply thinking about something doesn't automatically mean you worship it. If I think about Jesus I don't automatically worship him, just like I don't automatically worship unicorns if I think about them.

Perhaps you can tell me then, how is your worship different?

I posted the definition, that should make it pretty clear why your definition is wrong

You printed some dictionary collection of meanings. Get another dictionary, you'll find another collection. That's why I asked you what your idea of worship is.

Here's a link to a definition from another dictionary: LINK

Your definition still doesn't match it whatsoever.

You can't just change definitions of words. And apple is an apple is an apple...and NOT something else.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

no its not all hate

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
Really? I have a few questions, perhaps you could point out chapter and verse where I can find the answers?

1. Why are there multiple Gods in the Bible, and most wish to be called "Lord?"

2. In Hebrew, the Rabbi's name is Yeshua. Why was a name made up for the Rabbi, one that had a new letter just 500 years ago, the "J," and Vowels which are not in the Hebrew language at all?

3. Why was the Rabbi made into a God, when clearly God commanded his people not to have any other Gods before him?

I will try to help you make heads or tails of the first & second question, this question, I think about alot, It is very important. I will say that I have about fifty different translations of the text.
I use bibletime (apt-get install bibletime) all of the different translations can get a little overwhelming, and frustrating, it has changed so many times. I believe some translations were made in order to Keep ML from being killed or exiled.

Anyway, the various names have been changed in the text, and been replaced with the words "Lord& God" this was done in order to preserve His sacred name. It was done out of respect, because we don't want the mindless masses using the name in vain. That's my take on that question.
Someone please chime in with a more eloquent response.
Jehovah witnesses have added what they believe to be the name instead of using "Lord/God" I have a copy of that version and the J.Smith version. This subject could use its own topic/forum/website...
edit on 15-8-2012 by SmikeS because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Agoyahtah

Unfortunately, the scientists have no clue what the bible is saying. Herein is the problem.

So you use science to support your biblical beliefs, as you have done in this thread, but you don't trust any scientist with the Bible.

Like I said earlier. It must be really handy choosing when science is applicable

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

I am not focusing on Jesus. I can assure you of that.

Every time you mention the name Jesus, he blesses you. You're on your way.

Hogwash. As said there is zero real proof of the Mythical Biblical Jesus.

Which means - - - he never existed.

So now I'm being blessed by the non-existing? Your fantasy - not mine.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Sadly, if there is propaganda and an Agenda going on here I would like to point out that this Agenda was an Original creation of the Right wing Christians to begin with, so it Really is not a Homosexual Agenda, as Much as A Minority Faction of Right Wing Fundamentalist Christian Agenda that is pushing us towards the wrong direction,,
were we will be like Denmark,,
With a STATE RELIGION,,,
not the gay marriage.
Which is really worse??

Here on this thread it was mentioned and no one took the time to investigate, (no One from Denmark Here?) about the Slanted Information from a Right Wing Web Site complete with a scary PIC of wedding cake with two grooms.To make it seem like it is a big deal Denmark is ''Forcing" the Church into some kind of sleazy relationship with the Government, and allow Homosexuals the Right to marry in ANY CHURCH when in reality it is the Nations Bitch ,,, so it had better do what the Government says.

Some want this Here,,, screaming about the USA being a ''Christian Nation"" and such,,, just wonderful to have our own Sanatized Christian Version of the Taliban. Is this what you want??

TRUTH is Denmark has a STATE RELIGION and it happens to be the Church of Denmark or Danish National Church. It Was Formerly called,, as in the slanted towards christianity article, Evangelical Luthern Church in Denmark.

So, my only remark is if you are the State's 'bitch', then you gotta toe the line.

Individual Priest may opt out of doing a ceremony,,
so NO ONE INDIVIDUAL WILL BE FORCED TO DO ANYTHING that they don't want to do
Plus this is ONLY for THE STATE RELIGION,,,
can't force the pagans or any other religions (including Christian churches) to do anything,,, Danes are just liberal that way.

See Here in AMERICA that is WHY we do not have a State Religion,, and it is written into our founding documents clearly None can be Made,,, so that BOTH SIDES are Protected.
You can't force me to ''be'' a "Christian" No more than I can force you to Join all the Pagans at the Misfits Sanctuary.
Denmark Made the law,, for it's STATE RELIGION,,, so,, personally,, if you don't want to be affected by that,, Don't move to Denmark.
Other Places have STATE RELIGIONS that do the opposite,, and COMMAND the Government,, like Iran and maybe Saudia Arabia,,, and other such Fun and wonderfully ''free'' nations.

There seems to be a disconnect in the Minds of some who clamour to make everyone Obey,, THEIR Words from THEIR god,,, yet pitch a ninny fit if the reverse happens.

Neither are smart, sane, logical in my mind.

I Don't think anyone should be forced to adhere to Ancient Laws that were produced by religious figures that were the ""Voice of God"

I am not denying that they may have heard a word or two by the Supreme Being, or that She may have whispered a few words to encourage development of barbaric, nomadic, sheep herding folk in the day.
But, I should not be forced to follow,, or for that matter,, even have to hear so much from the Crowd of God Knowers.

If I want to know,, I will research it myself,, if I need advice or help,, I will ask if I need,, but no need to be the super missionary,, WHO KNOWS ALL THE SECRETS OF THE UNIVERSE,, and get all cocky and high and mighty with the fluency of ability to twist words and meaning of even the shortest verses of the great Holey Books they cart around endlessly.

But Back to what was written by such wunderkins of philosophical pablum It is ALL BS

A State Religion is just that ,,, sanctioned by the state.
Or as I said,,, ''the states bitch'' so Man Up, and take it,,,
Because this is what happens when a Government MARRIES a Religion,,,, Nothing but trouble.

The Danes should have known,, they are brilliant people.
As we can tell by always being Ahead of the curve,,, and beautiful people,,,, did you see those two dudes getting married!!! They were gorgeous,,, Good Luck to them!!

So,, Tell the Whole Story next time,, or find more convincing Propaganda for your Right Wing Conspiracy and Agenda

Also, for anyone who cares,,
I have already said all that needs to be said to certain individuals about this,, Discuss,, don't preach to me, and circular logic doesn't work here. Find some other sources for your reasoning as many see the Holey Books as fatally flawed pieces of fiction,, so it has no effect.

There are many other sources you could use and still make a "Christian" point that might sound more logical and meaningful in todays world.

Again,, This is NOT ANCIENT PALESTINE

It is Modern America,, and we definitely need to move forward and away from this type of thinking as it is what has caused us the most trouble in History.

Screaming KILL THEM ALL AND LET GOD SORT THEM OUT is not going to work in todays America.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Hey Annee,, My Boss is Constantly screaming "Jesus F-ing Christ" or ""Jesus, Joseph and Mary"" and seems to use Jesus almost constantly in every sentence.

He Is RICH..

Is this Proof that He Worships Jesus and is being Blessed everytime he says the J Word??

If so,, Should I do the same so I can win the Lottery??

I think his Bible was Written by Ann Rand,, is she Holy too because of the worship her followers have bestowed upon her,,, I hear her name ALL THE TIME NOW!!

edit on 8/15/2012 by EarthCitizen23 because: her to hear correction

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen23

Sadly, if there is propaganda and an Agenda going on here I would like to point out that this Agenda was an Original creation of the Right wing Christians to begin with, so it Really is not a Homosexual Agenda, as Much as A Minority Faction of Right Wing Fundamentalist.

For sure. I've been watching them screaming and bitching and claiming persecution - - - ever since atheists got prayer booted from public school.

They're losing power an dominance. Its not only homosexuals - - - but the growing Muslim population too.

Back in the 50s - - - Jew was spoken in whispers.

Its been an interesting evolving process.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen23
reply to post by Annee

Hey Annee,, My Boss is Constantly screaming "Jesus F-ing Christ" or ""Jesus, Joseph and Mary"" and seems to use Jesus almost constantly in every sentence.

He Is RICH..

Is this Proof that He Worships Jesus and is being Blessed everytime he says the J Word??

If so,, Should I do the same so I can win the Lottery??

I think his Bible was Written by Ayn Rand,, is she Holy too because of the worship her followers have bestowed upon her,,, I hear her name ALL THE TIME NOW!!

Funny.

I have zero respect for anyone that holds Ayn Rand in high esteem.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunyadammm

What are you thinking about that gets you excited while you are looking at that wall with your eyes closed?

It's my thought. I know of nothing else. There is only one thing that produces one effect.

You know how hard you are dancing around this.
You know the answer is you cannot choose to become aroused by a wall. You cannot choose to become aroused by either sex. You become aroused by what arouses you and you have no choice in it.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

So for example if the bible claims there was a global flood, but objective evidence PROVES that this never happened...then well...it never happened.

Objective evidence proves there was a global flood - where have you been?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

What are you thinking about that gets you excited while you are looking at that wall with your eyes closed?

It's my thought. I know of nothing else. There is only one thing that produces one effect.

You know how hard you are dancing around this.
You know the answer is you cannot choose to become aroused by a wall. You cannot choose to become aroused by either sex. You become aroused by what arouses you and you have no choice in it.

Speak for yourself - seriously.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeisterFahrer

Did you miss the "IF"?

Actually - - there was a flood. But it was a local flood.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   

No it doesn't!!! There is ZERO geological evidence for a global flood, and given the scale of such an event there would be evidence if it really happened at one point in time. It's also physically impossible because earth doesn't have enough water to submerge everything

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Speak for yourself - seriously.

No.
What I wrote is a fact and the truth.
If you feel it does not apply to you somehow then please make the case your friend could not.
So you can choose to be gay, straight, aroused by a wall? You can make that choice?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by nunyadammm

Just an FYI he already admitted earlier his sexual orientation was not a choice. He's just a horribly stubborn, arrogant, mean person. All there is to it. And yes that was against the T & C. But so was most of his posts and he didn't get penalized. So.... I will say it how I understand it.... he is an evil person to the bone. It's best we don't feed such evil our time and energy. It's better spent towards people with hearts intact.
edit on 16-8-2012 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 58  59  60    62  63  64 >>

join