It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Define Christianity as Hate - The New Homosexual Agenda

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+51 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
There is an active agenda, (Anderson Cooper off CNN being the main activist) to define Christianity as Hate speech and actually legislate the pulpit in America. Anderson is spending big money to march covert filming crews into churches across America an take film of any sermons about the biblical view of homosexuality as sin. He has gone to the airwaves asking people to act as volunteers to go into churches and send video of any preacher that dares to preach Jesus's point of view on marriage as being between one man and one woman. The attack on Chik Fil-A is a proxy attack on Jesus and the church as well.. The anti-Christian (anti- Christ) spirit of thinking is that "Nobody can tell me I'm wrong.." so I Christ must be wrong... so the church is being attacked. Look.. God is love. He doesn't hate anyone. Though my belief is that homosexuality in sinful, so are a lot of things. We as Christians can't force anyone to believe as we do, and Jesus never did that either. He just stands at the door and knocks.. All have the option to believe as they will... My belief doesn't hinder any one else's. The whole marriage rights debacle is SO SIMPLE to solve!!! Most people aer just asking the wrong question..

LEGAL rights will NEVER line up with God's will. Christians shouldn't try to pretend that they ever will... homosexuals can't tell Christians how to interpret the Bible, and Christians can't force homosexuals to believe the Bible either.. People have their own choice.

God doesn't have to get a vote from anyone to tell him what His preferences should be.. He is not waiting for "likes" on facebook.. You are either with Him or against him... But we as Chrsitians dont Hate anyone. How can we HATE what our MASTER came to forgive and lay down his life for? It would be sacrilege (I think I spelled that right..) Jesus died for the very sins of man.. I am just as guilty of that sacrifice as anyone I could ever accuse. I have made so many mistakes (as we all have) that I can't point the finger at anyone. I dont hate any one of my beautiful brothers and sisters , of any belief system. I want to display the love of Christ and use that to compel others to accept Him. But if they don't, I still Love them.. Please do not try to define Christ as hate. Its not true. He died for us.. If you don't agree with him lets at least have respect for His sacrifice..

BTW.. I am not GOP or DEM, and don't have a choice for Pres yet...
edit on 7-8-2012 by sensible1 because: clarification

+27 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I read this twice, hoping that it was satire.

Apparently it isn't.

But it should be.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtap66

Apparently it isn't.

But it should be.

Unfortunately it is very true indeed. There are PACS that have formed here (and many in the UK) to outlaw Christian beliefs as hate speech. Many of the sermons in the US would be outlawed in the UK as we speak..

+56 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Please let me know when Jesus Christ, the central figure in CHRISTianity, said being gay is a sin. I could point out where Jesus teaches us to love everybody no matter what, to forgive others, and never to judge others, but I have a feeling you won't care.

If you truly follow Jesus, two men marrying each other would not bother you at all.
edit on 7-8-2012 by kimar because: (no reason given)

+15 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by sensible1

Is Cooper going into mosques or temples as well?

No?

Hmmmmm.

People have a right to believe what they want to believe. Whether anyone likes it or not.

Freedom, it's a beautiful thing.

S&F for posting something that'll get you flamed.

+60 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
If the louder of the Christians weren't as hatefull, maybe you would not have this problem.

Every action as an equal and opposite reaction. The Christian Community ( the leaders of I mean not the general population) have been VERY hatefull towards homosexuals in the last 30 years.

This is simply the result of that hate.

You reap what you sow and if you as a Christian don't feel like you belong to such a group, then you need to stand up and declare that to people and attempt to make a difference in your community.

As long as Christians allow bigots to represent them, then you will find that other groups of people who disagree will attempt to call all of you bigots.

~Tenth

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by sensible1

Originally posted by jtap66

Apparently it isn't.

But it should be.

Unfortunately it is very true indeed. There are PACS that have formed here (and many in the UK) to outlaw Christian beliefs as hate speech. Many of the sermons in the US would be outlawed in the UK as we speak..

Agreed. I am not Gay, but I strongly support the Gay Movement. Why? Well firstly, each and ever Gay and Lesbian being is a Pure Spirit, secondly each is a Human Being with God given Rights. (According to Articles and Constitution) So do Christians have a right to demonize a people just for their sexual preferences? Isn't this making a Judgement Call? I have heard my own self many sermons directly against Gays, and Wiccans, and Hindus, and Buddhist, and Krishna followers, and Rock and Roll, and any kind of sex or fun at all. Who do these people think they are? If I were to stand on the street and talk like some of them do, I would be arrested for Hate Speech. Go get them Anderson Cooper! Show them for what they really are. Hate Mongers.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

The only time I ever heard of Jesus saying he hated anybody in the Bible is when he said he hated the Nicolations. Unless Anderson Cooper is a card carrying Nicolation I don't think he should be worried about any of it.

There are just as many "Christians" who accept homosexuals as there are those who "hate" on them. Same could be said of ANY large group of people- Christian or not. Just seems awful hypocritical to me that Christianity is being labeled as Hate Speech when the group pointing the finger is harboring just as many haters.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
If the shoe fits....

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

let alone Christianity and other monotheistic religions, certifiable homosexual marriage will break down the societies, the societies are in problem already because of justifying anything by freedom! however most of them are slavery! we are not criticizing homosexuals let them do what they want in their private but governments should be responsible. you know what I am feeling, the smell of anti_christ empire!
by the way, why do not they allow animal sex, marriage with animals! human is free to do whatever it wants and f... whatever it love!
I bet that if this tsunami continues, we should be waiting for marriage with animals!!! governments are responsible!

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I like your post and agree with alot of it.

I also believe there is an "anti-christian" agenda coming, if not already here.
But all people need to realize that Christian beliefs are just that..."theirs".
It is their belief that certain things are sins, or wrong, and they shouldn't do those things.
They don't need to tell others how to live, or that they are right or wrong.
It is up to God to judge, not any one human.

So if you believe homosexuality is wrong, that's fine.
But you need not make a big ordeal about it.

Again, if you think there is nothing wrong with homosexuality, that's fine too.
Just don't go around making a big deal of it.

Pretty simple to me, and I'm a Christian.
I believe alot of things are "wrong"...but I don't feel the need to judge others.
People are going to do what they want regardless of my beliefs.
So why make a stink over something that is really irrelevant to my life?
Live and let live and things seem to work out.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
If the louder of the Christians weren't as hatefull, maybe you would not have this problem.

Every action as an equal and opposite reaction. The Christian Community ( the leaders of I mean not the general population) have been VERY hatefull towards homosexuals in the last 30 years.

This is simply the result of that hate.

You reap what you sow and if you as a Christian don't feel like you belong to such a group, then you need to stand up and declare that to people and attempt to make a difference in your community.

As long as Christians allow bigots to represent them, then you will find that other groups of people who disagree will attempt to call all of you bigots.

~Tenth

I follow Christ. I am not Christian (organized religion is anethema to the real purpose of faith, I believe). And while many so-called Christians might hate gay people, like you said, not all do.

What I have a hard time understanding is why the LBGT community is not going after ALL the Abrahamic organized religions that condemn homosexuality... Christianity, Judaism, and Islam???

Simple answer: Political correctness. It cowers even the most ardent supporters of the group that falls on the wrong side of it. Christianity is the easy target... yet have you EVER seen an open homosexual couple, far less a marriage ceremony, in any nation that is predominantely Muslim? Not a chance.

I want to see ALL RELIGIONS agree to a live and let live, agree to disagree policy. Until such time we'll continue to see the hatred and animosity fly from each side of any argument when it comes to how a supposedly free people should be allowed to live.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Initially I thought the OP was balanced and sensible, but then I started to become uncomfortable with it.
I don't understand how being homosexual can be a sin. The only way I can understand it is that something has got lost in the mists of time and that heterosexuality was the preferred method in order to breed more followers, and homosexuality is not the most practical way to do this. I assume that's why the Catholic religion is so against it, and against birth control for the same reason. I don't think Jesus said man should not lie with man because he was homophobic - he just wanted a bigger flock.
It would be great if these religions stopped being so obsessed with sex and focused more on things that matter. They seem to 'protest too much'
As a committed vegetarian (or perhaps I should be committed for being a vegetarian) who as a child was influenced by the words 'thou shalt not kill' in the bible, should I perhaps condemn all meat-eating Christians for the sin (and hypocrisy) of eating meat? I never yet found an animal that didn't need to be killed before I could eat it.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
They ridicule (the leaders of said religion) homosexuality because it is deep rooted in their religion. Homosexuality that is. There has been quite a few 'priests' that have been pegged with child molestation and other such heinous acts.

Severe homophobia is more often than not just a defence mechanism to hide their own homosexual thoughts or actions. Like the guy in highschool that used to call everyone gay, and turns out to be gay.

I hate how they just pick and choose which parts of the bible to obey. And completely ignore others.

Them: Homosexuality is a sin!
Me: Nice tattoo's you got there. Nice gold ring. Did you eat bacon this morning for breakfast?

I have nothing against what other people want to believe, but if you're going to believe in jesus christ, at least follow what he taught. Love everyone unconditionally. And remove the bankers

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

So this one group was finger pointing at some other group... and when the other group points back, the first group starts to cry? Lame.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Dreine

What I have a hard time understanding is why the LBGT community is not going after ALL the Abrahamic organized religions that condemn homosexuality... Christianity, Judaism, and Islam???

Because in Western Culture the most prevelant of religions is also the most vocal about their hatred of said community. Again, this is hatred from extremist leaders, not general population.

If Islam or Judaism were doing this in large numbers in the United States, it would be same. However the equal rights fight has always been spearheaded by primarily Christian denominations. The Mormon Church for example, WBC etc..

Simple answer: Political correctness. It cowers even the most ardent supporters of the group that falls on the wrong side of it. Christianity is the easy target... yet have you EVER seen an open homosexual couple, far less a marriage ceremony, in any nation that is predominantely Muslim? Not a chance.

But you can't compare an LGBT community in Iran, to one in the United States. The circumstances are light years apart in similarity.

It's not about PC-ness, it's about who is the most vocal of the groups that are fighting against you.

I want to see ALL RELIGIONS agree to a live and let live, agree to disagree policy. Until such time we'll continue to see the hatred and animosity fly from each side of any argument when it comes to how a supposedly free people should be allowed to live.

In that case, we have to make sure that it is the moderates who are up on soap boxes proclaiming their views and opinions. You as a Christian have to actively discourage the harsh discourse and hatred being spewed from those that claim to lead your faith.

~Tenth

+20 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Evangelical "Christians" are a hate group as far as I am concerned. As an agenda they actively work to eliminate rights for gay people (including supporting groups who lobbied Congress not the act against Ugandans promoting execution of gays), restrict the rights of black people to vote (or worse), make attack after attack on Muslims, from actively trying to prevent construction of places of worship to leveling insane charges on any Muslim working in government.

They are the most hateful and judgmental large group of Americans today. They refuse to live and let live, rather they follow a ideology that is not faith-based, but rather proclaims itself the one and only truth and demands they convert everyone. They are EXACTLY equal to Muslim extremists given their way.

How many of you honestly think that if they were given the chance, that evangelicals would entirely restructure society and law based on its narrow (and twisted) interpretation of the bible? They will do it in a heartbeat if we allow it.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Let's not include the WBC as anything to do with mainstream Christianity. Every Christian I know deplores that group without exception. They are charlatans who entice anger at them to get people involved in lawsuits to feed their greed. Absolute waste of flesh, they are.

I've made my stance about homosexuality clear to both my Southern Baptist deacon father and the rest of my family and friends. I have no room to judge anyone... I have many evils attributed to my name, and even in forgiveness somethings simply do not go away. The decision of who you want to spend your life with, or date, etc., is between you, the person you love/desire, and if you believe in him, the Almighty. It is my charge, as a follower of Christ, to treat all people with love and respect, to forgive as best I can, and to live my life to the standards preached in the Sermon on the Mount. It doesn't matter if the person needing my help hates me because of my skin color, or my religious belief, or what country I hail from, it is my charge to treat that person better than I treat myself. A failure to do so, or to attempt to your utmost to do so, is like a slap to the face of my Saviour.

We also cannot forget that the west is becoming more and more secular each year as the older generations begin to die off, and with them, their views on culture and society. Time changes everything, and with each new year we can see this happening.

edit on 7-8-2012 by Dreine because: typo, of course

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Exactly how does one "march covert"? Is that like yelling without making a noise? The act of marching is a deliberate display. Yours is an oxymoronic phrase.

+27 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
BS. It's time for you people to put on your big girl panties and stop crying. Anti-Christian agenda... LOL. I suppose you're under the assumption that all gays are not Christian. There's Christians (true followers of Christ in my opinion) that accept gays, that have the brain capacity to realize that God loves everyone.

All these threads, news articles, political footballs amount to nothing more than the majority being threatened by the minority. "Their" agenda is equal rights, "yours" is being pissed about the potential of losing your privileged status. Grow up and get over it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join