Define Christianity as Hate - The New Homosexual Agenda

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Labels....

Any time you put a label on someone.

Don't be surprised if you get one put on yourself.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Dreine

Let's not include the WBC as anything to do with mainstream Christianity. Every Christian I know deplores that group without exception. They are charlatans who entice anger at them to get people involved in lawsuits to feed their greed. Absolute waste of flesh, they are.

We agree, but they still claim to be Christians, and they are VERY vocal. Doesn't matter if you don't think they are, people who see hatred, only see hatred.

I've made my stance about homosexuality clear to both my Southern Baptist deacon father and the rest of my family and friends. I have no room to judge anyone... I have many evils attributed to my name, and even in forgiveness somethings simply do not go away. The decision of who you want to spend your life with, or date, etc., is between you, the person you love/desire, and if you believe in him, the Almighty. It is my charge, as a follower of Christ, to treat all people with love and respect, to forgive as best I can, and to live my life to the standards preached in the Sermon on the Mount. It doesn't matter if the person needing my help hates me because of my skin color, or my religious belief, or what country I hail from, it is my charge to treat that person better than I treat myself. A failure to do so, or to attempt to your utmost to do so, is like a slap to the face of my Saviour.

Thank you for being Christ-like instead of Christian.

We also cannot forget that the west is becoming more and more secular each year as the older generations begin to die off, and with them, their views on culture and society. Time changes everything, and with each new year we can see this happening.

More and more people are under the impression that organized religion is really the problem, not religion itself.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
If the louder of the Christians weren't as hatefull, maybe you would not have this problem.

Every action as an equal and opposite reaction. The Christian Community ( the leaders of I mean not the general population) have been VERY hatefull towards homosexuals in the last 30 years.

This is simply the result of that hate.

You reap what you sow and if you as a Christian don't feel like you belong to such a group, then you need to stand up and declare that to people and attempt to make a difference in your community.

As long as Christians allow bigots to represent them, then you will find that other groups of people who disagree will attempt to call all of you bigots.

~Tenth

If I could star you ten times, I would. The modern "Christian" right is reaping what they how sowed and the real Christians must be called out for not rejecting the massive number of bigots in their midst.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by kimar

Well, he may not have spelled it out, but it's not like he shied away from the conversation of Sodom.

From Chirst:

Matthew 10:15

"Truly I say to you, it will be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrah in the day of judgment than for that city.

Matthew 11:23-24

23 "And you, Capernaum, will not be exalted to heaven, will you? You will descend to Hades; for if the miracles had occurred in Sodom which occurred in you, it would have remained to this day. 24 "Nevertheless I say to you that it will be more tolerable for the land of Sodom in the day of judgment, than for you."

Luke 10:12

12 "I say to you, it will be more tolerable in that day for Sodom than for that city.

Luke 17:26-29

26 "And just as it happened in the days of Noah, so it will be also in the days of the Son of Man: 27 they were eating, they were drinking, they were marrying, they were being given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, and the flood came and destroyed them all. 28 "It was the same as happened in the days of Lot: they were eating, they were drinking, they were buying, they were selling, they were planting, they were building; 29 but on the day that Lot went out from Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven and destroyed them all.

Now, I've been clear, in the past, that the main issue in of Sodom wasn't homosexuality--homosexuality was merely the tool that they used to piss God off, but to state that Christ didn't even mention the stuff is to ignore what actually went on in Sodom, and the fact that Christ consistently used Sodom as a comparative tool--something that the Apostles followed Christ in--explaining in more detail.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
In america If the Christians don't want to associate with gay people isnt that their right??? Both Christians and gay people need to get over all this crap. The gays can do what they want! The Christians can do the same! This bull #e about people trying to force other people to like them or to do something for them or be a certain way or live like them etc. is ridiculous.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by kimar
Please let me know when Jesus Christ, the central figure in CHRISTianity, said being gay is a sin. I could point out where Jesus teaches us to love everybody no matter what, to forgive others, and never to judge others, but I have a feeling you won't care.

If you truly follow Jesus, two men marrying each other would not bother you at all.
edit on 7-8-2012 by kimar because: (no reason given)

Jesus says that marriage is between one man and one woman. He didn't come to condemn, but to forgive...

He created the place, and almost all plant and animal life is depandant on sexual reproduction for survival. Without it, THE WHOLE WORLD WOULD DIE..

So either:

1. God believes sexual reproduction is important and set up marriage as rules to define the relationship for this improtant thing (my choice)

2. God doesn't exist.

3. He was not smart enough to see that he'd be wrong.. surely certain people's happiness in an alternate sexual preference trumps God's wisdom and a small thing like the survival of the world .....
edit on 7-8-2012 by sensible1 because: left out word "people's"

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Our culture has accepted two huge lies: The first is that if you disagree with someone’s lifestyle, you must fear them or hate them. The second is that to love someone means you agree with everything they believe or do. Both are nonsense. You don’t have to compromise convictions to be compassionate.
~ Rick Warren

And you don't have to compromise convictions just because someone insists in seeing you as a racist monster, either.
edit on 7-8-2012 by CynicalDrivel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Replying to myself to add...

I'm also sick of the analogy that in Islam you can be put to death for being gay. While it is true in some places that doesn't make it okay for us to keep denying people in AMERICA access to everything everyone else has access to. I have a different analogy...

Let's say it's about buying a car. Straight people can buy any car they want. However gay people are restricted to buying only lemons. Is that fair? Or is the response going to be "Well in some countries you can't even buy a car so be grateful."?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
The Op is clearly caught up in duality and have do not seem to have any ability to ask god himself and belives his own minds views and humans views above gods. I hope one day you will understand the process of Christ conciousness and experiance gnosis. The true Christians are not blind followers that follow ego. They know better than to judge anything they do not understand. Maybe you should stop playing around with duality like a smallminded child and start and questioning Jesus message as it is supposed to be used to achive gnosis. Jesus teaching is a perfect workbook for the ready student to struggle with right and wrong and understand the hidden thruths that Jesus could not say in plain to the smallminded.

If you cannot understand the reality of god, and Jesus and yourself from The Sheep and the Goats parabale then you frankly don't understand anything at all from my point of view what it means to be a true Christian (and not a dogmatic follower of a group) and will always fail in understanding Jesus real message.

The Sheep and the Goats

31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life. ”
edit on 7-8-2012 by apushforenlightment because: spellchecking

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Well, you want to use that? Let's say that only married couples can get this car.

So the gays go on clammering about this right to get the car, insisting that they should have it too.

What about the single mom who is getting help from her parents, why can't she have the car too?

Why don't we make this car plain available to the masses and forget about merely including gays? Why in the world does this always come down to "you're hating on gays?!?"

See, as long as we make it about marriage, and not the legal-financial boon this $50 document brings, over and beyond what is available to others? We're nuts! What types of things does this document bring? The ability to change you name, free of charge--last time I saw someone going in to change their name separately from a wedding-derived? Costs several hundreds to do separately. Quazi-incorporation of finances? How much does it cost to incorporate? It's not fair to a single mother to not be able to legally bind herself to her parents, for the protection of her children, at a higher cost than a marriage. It's not fair for gays to fight for this right by changing a definition, just to exclude this woman. We're on the wrong track, and have been for a long time.
edit on 7-8-2012 by CynicalDrivel because: w=m, snot=not, a comma

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Please let me know when Jesus Christ, the central figure in CHRISTianity, said being gay is a sin
reply to post by kimar

The majority of xtians make the claim that jesus (the one that appears in the bibles) and yahwhe are one and the same being.

The bibles are claimed by the majority of xtians to be a kind of instruction manual on how to live from their god ie yahwhe/jesus.

The bibles specifically state that those practicing homosexuality ie homosexuals are to be put to death as their actions are an abomination and once they are dead they are off to hell to be tortured for all eternity.

Should I write a book tomorrow and write the same thing about my god Papa Smurf and how he considers kissing on the lips an abomination and that those that practice this should be put to death, then this would be coonsidered hate speach and an incitement to harm others.

The bibles are replete with this kind of warped thinking and preaching it from the pulpits is most definately "Hate Speach" QED and those that indulge in its'promelgation should be swiftly taken to task.

Of course, there is a very easy option for christians to bring this matter to a swift end and save a lot of heartache pain, misery hatred and mistrust.

"Edit the bibles" and remove every instruction to harm or judge others, it's not as though the bibles have not been edited before as they have been over and again. If xtians seriously don't put their rather empty heads together on this and take action, then likely as not it will be done for them and we could possibly see the gradual banning of the bibles.

Personally I think the UK could be one of the first places to get these disgusting magic books off the shelves and when homosexuals reclaim their human rights and get married like any other "people" then this will be the spark of the final solution to the biblical problem.

Again, xtians you have been warned if you want to save your religion from persecution and inevitable demise then revise all the horrific and insane instructions in your manual or have it done for you.

To a casual intelligent rational reader Jesus/yawheh is just not nice, not nice at all you saddled yourselves with a huge carbuncle when you made them one and the same being and Doctor reason is out of the cupboard to do some lancing.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by tazdeill2
Initially I thought the OP was balanced and sensible, but then I started to become uncomfortable with it.
I don't understand how being homosexual can be a sin. The only way I can understand it is that something has got lost in the mists of time and that heterosexuality was the preferred method in order to breed more followers, and homosexuality is not the most practical way to do this. I assume that's why the Catholic religion is so against it, and against birth control for the same reason. I don't think Jesus said man should not lie with man because he was homophobic - he just wanted a bigger flock.
It would be great if these religions stopped being so obsessed with sex and focused more on things that matter. They seem to 'protest too much'
As a committed vegetarian (or perhaps I should be committed for being a vegetarian) who as a child was influenced by the words 'thou shalt not kill' in the bible, should I perhaps condemn all meat-eating Christians for the sin (and hypocrisy) of eating meat? I never yet found an animal that didn't need to be killed before I could eat it.

Homosexuality is a sin because God said so. He created the world based on sexual reproduction, and then created woman for mans companionship. In her he gave the tools for mans companionship.. THANKS GORGEOUS WIFE!!!

God is NOT waiting for "LIKES" on Facebook to tell tell him its ok how he created the world.. Gods creation is his signature on that. We would all be dead in a generation without it.. Look at the SCIENTIFIC evidence. Look at the creation to determine its purpose.. Just because a hammer likes acting like a screwdriver doesn't make it one. About 30% of a womans body organs have reproductive purposes.. It's the most delicate and intricate system in the body, encompassing sll other major systems. Our aging and mortality, body temperatures, breathing, cardiovascular, renal systems are all based around this purpose... This is undeniable. God's purpose is His will.. Anything against God's will and purpose is sinful.. Because He said so.. We have a boss. Whether we like it, believe it or not...

edit on 7-8-2012 by sensible1 because: spl

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColCurious
reply to post by sensible1

So this one group was finger pointing at some other group... and when the other group points back, the first group starts to cry? Lame.

Human duality at it's best
. Is it a wonder that this place is quarentined from the rest of creation. We cannot have the sickness of duality and ego infecting the healthy ones.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

I will fight for the gays to have the same freedom of expression and all rights as everyone else.

But

I will also fight for the christian church to have th ability to freely express their beliefs.

The two aren't mutally exclusive.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
This title is SO funny to me.

Christians don't NEED homosexuals to define them as hate - they do it to each other and for themselves.

There's nothing Christian about hate, but as a pagan, I've felt their hate - and fear - quite often.

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalDrivel
reply to post by kimar

Well, he may not have spelled it out, but it's not like he shied away from the conversation of Sodom.

From Chirst:

Matthew 10:15

"Truly I say to you, it will be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrah in the day of judgment than for that city.

Matthew 11:23-24

23 "And you, Capernaum, will not be exalted to heaven, will you? You will descend to Hades; for if the miracles had occurred in Sodom which occurred in you, it would have remained to this day. 24 "Nevertheless I say to you that it will be more tolerable for the land of Sodom in the day of judgment, than for you."

Luke 10:12

12 "I say to you, it will be more tolerable in that day for Sodom than for that city.

Luke 17:26-29

26 "And just as it happened in the days of Noah, so it will be also in the days of the Son of Man: 27 they were eating, they were drinking, they were marrying, they were being given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, and the flood came and destroyed them all. 28 "It was the same as happened in the days of Lot: they were eating, they were drinking, they were buying, they were selling, they were planting, they were building; 29 but on the day that Lot went out from Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven and destroyed them all.

Now, I've been clear, in the past, that the main issue in of Sodom wasn't homosexuality--homosexuality was merely the tool that they used to piss God off, but to state that Christ didn't even mention the stuff is to ignore what actually went on in Sodom, and the fact that Christ consistently used Sodom as a comparative tool--something that the Apostles followed Christ in--explaining in more detail.

If you are a follower of ego and duality without regard for the golden rule the it does not matter if you are gay or hetrosexual. When the purpose for this place is stopped and it becomes anti-purpose then the reseed will happen. Always have in the past and always will be in the future.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Oh, the organized isn't even the problem. Organized religion can be a wonderful thing, when it's organized to recognize the individual. In every conflict, post-Christ, that the early Church documented, they got together as a CONGREGATION (assembly) and debated. The art of debate is not in most congregations---and really hasn't been since the 60s, in the few movements that did practice it. They also had to deal with the same issues we deal with today, seriously. We tend to forget about how normal homosexual practices were, back in the era of 1st century church. The other issue is that a few can dictate to the many what they should believe. Whether it's a Pope (who changes mandates from the previous one, so that there's little to no commonality in practice of belief for the followers), or an Eldership, or a fluent Preacher, doesn't matter. When the few get out behind the congregation with a cattle prod, instead of leading from within or at the front like a Shepard would? Like usual, the issue in the church isn't the FRUIT (hatred of gays, hatred of outsiders), it's the SEEED SOWN (we give up our autonomous responsibility to go into these groups--so Unbiblical!).

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by apushforenlightment

That was a touch out of left field. I think I got you, but you're using jargon (words that only a few would understand the intent of, because they are specialized), so I would like you to define them:

"ego and duality"?
Got the Golden Rule, but go ahead and pull that up.
Purpose?
Anti-purpose?
Reseed?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensible1

Originally posted by kimar
Please let me know when Jesus Christ, the central figure in CHRISTianity, said being gay is a sin. I could point out where Jesus teaches us to love everybody no matter what, to forgive others, and never to judge others, but I have a feeling you won't care.

If you truly follow Jesus, two men marrying each other would not bother you at all.
edit on 7-8-2012 by kimar because: (no reason given)

Jesus says that marriage is between one man and one woman. He didn't come to condemn, but to forgive...

He created the place, and almost all plant and animal life is depandant on sexual reproduction for survival. Without it, THE WHOLE WORLD WOULD DIE..

So either:

1. God believes sexual reproduction is important and set up marriage as rules to define the relationship for this improtant thing (my choice)

2. God doesn't exist.

3. He was not smart enough to see that he'd be wrong.. surely certain people's happiness in an alternate sexual preference trumps God's wisdom and a small thing like the survival of the world .....
edit on 7-8-2012 by sensible1 because: left out word "people's"

All people have their purpose. Not all are meant to be carpenters and not all are supposed to be fisherman. Not all people are supposed to be parents. It is not for you to tell another persons purpose. How can you be sure the person that is gay is not a holy person that in fact have more information than you from the other side and is doing what he/she is supposed to do with approval from god?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join