It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians cant eat lobster, wear polyester, wear gold, eat rabbit, have tattoos, get divrced, have

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by b14warrior
In the same book that silly Christians often use to condemn Homosexuals where it says a man should not lie with another man is a whole host of rules. Many of which are on the same page as the one they love to quote so much!

One is that you should not eat shellfish....... so, no lobster for you silly fundamentalist Christians, sorry.
Shellfish.
Leviticus 11:10 "But whatever is in the seas and in the rivers that does not have fins and scales among all the teeming life of the water, and among all the living creatures that are in the water, they are detestable things to you."

Leviticus 19:27 "You shall not round off the side-growth of your heads nor harm the edges of your beard." God hated the Mods then!

It also says you should not wear two different types of cloth at the same time so silly fundamentalist Christians....... if you are cold and wearing a cotton T-shirt (and you best pray it's 100% or you go straight to hell!) you can't then pull on a woollen jumper.

Leviticus 19:28 "You shall not make any cuts in your body for the dead nor make any tattoo marks on yourselves: I am the Lord." So you have a tattoo of Jesus and Mary on your arm? Wow, I'm sure your god will be chuffed to bits!

And in Leviticus 11:8 where it is talking about pigs: "You shall not eat of their flesh nor touch their carcasses; they are unclean to you." Turns out you silly fundamentalist Christians have far more in common with silly Muslims than you like to admit.
Furthermore it actually a whole host of other meats and seems to be very much akin to Kosher laws. Its bans dozens from crocodile (which I must if you haven't tried then do so, it's tasty, although you will go to hell!) and snails (one of my favorites!) to rabbit (no rabbit pie? pft!)

People who can't come to church or worship your God:
Anybody who has any direct descendants that were born out of wedlock:
Deuteronomy 23:2 "No one of illegitimate birth shall enter the assembly of the Lord; none of his descendants, even to the tenth generation, shall enter the assembly of the Lord."
Anybody that has has surgery that removes the penis or testicles:
Deuteronomy 23:1 "A man whose testicles are crushed or whose penis is cut off may never join the assembly of the Lord."

Are you silly fundamentalist Christians committing adultery?
Mark 10:11-12, "And He said to them, 'Whoever divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery against her; and if she herself divorces her husband and marries another man, she is committing adultery.'
Mark 10:9 "What therefore God has joined together, let no man separate."
Mark is not your friend if you have been divorced!

Things you can't wear:
Synthetic or combined materials-
Leviticus 19:19 "You are to keep My statutes. You shall not breed together two kinds of your cattle; you shall not sow your field with two kinds of seed, nor wear a garment upon you of two kinds of material mixed together."
Expensive clothes, pearls, gold or even braided hair (if you are female that is, so the men, go ahead and wearing fancy pearls, braided hair and an expensive frock to church, it's ok, god doesn't mind!)-
Timothy 2:9 "Likewise, I want women to adorn themselves with proper clothing, modestly and discreetly, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly garments."

Last one for now-
Deuteronomy 25:11-12. "If two men, a man and his countryman, are struggling together, and the wife of one comes near to deliver her husband from the hand of the one who is striking him, and puts out her hand and seizes his genitals, then you shall cut off her hand; you shall not show pity."
WTF? Eh?

I also saw a post recently with a quote from the Bible that clearly states you should not be anywhere near a woman that is menstruating and although I 100% with that one it is not for religious reasons!

To understand why these rules are in the bible and what to make of them in today's society please go and watch a film called 'For The Bible Tells Me So'.

These are all (with the exception of the quote from Mark)...NOT Christian laws... They are Hebrew (Jewish) Jesus came to free Christians of the law..

Jesus did not say Chrsitians couldn't divorce.. He said don't put away your wife our husband unless they commit adultery.

edit on 6-8-2012 by sensible1 because: further explanation

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Im not a christian... Saying it again for the record just in case some are still confused.

Should I pick through this entire thread and post every example of you praising god or jesus?

I'm tired of Christianity. I'm sick and tired of it. I'm tired of them saying, "Smoke? There's no smoke, I see extraordinarily low clouds...." or "Smoke? Hmm, must be fire. Well, God will send some rain. If he doesn't, at least I still have Jesus."

The entire world is going to s**t, and we're waiting on something we've never even seen or met before to help us when the time is right? When will that time come? WHEN?!?!

How can you expect anyone to try and save you, when you won't even try and save yourself? The world is our responsibility, and you've put it all on your god. You know, we were given hands for a reason. TO HELP OURSELVES!!!!

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by wittgenstein
I see most fundamentalists as followers of the anti-Christ. I am speaking metaphorically. I do not believe in a literal anti-Christ. However, they have an image of Jesus that is exactly the opposite (anti) of who Christ was and what his message was.
www.youtube.com...

Its so sad.... How did the message of Christ end up like this? I have my own reasoning behind the mass chaos but.... Why do you think the message has become distorted? And.... Why so many following the message of hate? Its backwards!

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
“These are all (with the exception of the quote from Mark)...NOT Christian laws... They are Hebrew (Jewish) Jesus came to free Christians of the law..”
sensible1
O.K. we should abandon the Old Testament. ( Tho that seems to be an odd position for a Christian to take especially when bible.cc... ) Let’s see how reasonable the New Testament is,

www.infidels.org...

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by MamaJ

Im not a christian... Saying it again for the record just in case some are still confused.

Should I pick through this entire thread and post every example of you praising god or jesus?

I'm tired of Christianity. I'm sick and tired of it. I'm tired of them saying, "Smoke? There's no smoke, I see extraordinarily low clouds...." or "Smoke? Hmm, must be fire. Well, God will send some rain. If he doesn't, at least I still have Jesus."

The entire world is going to s**t, and we're waiting on something we've never even seen or met before to help us when the time is right? When will that time come? WHEN?!?!

How can you expect anyone to try and save you, when you won't even try and save yourself? The world is our responsibility, and you've put it all on your god. You know, we were given hands for a reason. TO HELP OURSELVES!!!!

Who the hell are you talking to? My God... Have you not read and comprehended anything Ive said??

Are you telling me im the first person you have spoken to who believes in God and Jesus, yet not a christian?

Look buddy, been there done it and got the baptism to prove it.

Im not sugar coating anything. Im calling it like I see it. You are too.... Thats wonderful but take in some understanding along the way. Please! Stop hating.... Listen.. And understand!

Did I not say I dont need saving and you dont either? Sure did.. So why must you continue to act like you dont understand english? Im wording everything simple....

My God? Honey.... Baby boo.... He is Your God too! Im not selfish.... Ya want him too? Have him! :-)

Why are we given two hands? To help OUR NEIGHBOR, but hey.... Your perception must be right and mine is wrong?? Maybe we are both right!! Maybe it shouldnt even be an arguement in the first place!
edit on 6-8-2012 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

reply to post by AfterInfinity

You are speaking on behalf of your experience and your own perception. YOU have never met or seen Jesus..... Others have. So...... Unless you are the observer or the one who experiences such.... Its never happened??

Im not waiting on Jesus..... Im waiting on the kids to get done with homework.

If Jesus comes back.... We will only know I THINK by the light he gives others. To me.... The ones who kept with nis teachings will no doubt.... KNOW when he has arrived. There will be much more chaos and the world will crumble.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Here are some more self-contradictions in the New Testament.
www.skeptically.org...
I realize that many ATS members will not believe me, but I trained to be a minister. I know my Bible. However, I came to the conclusion that even the New Testament cannot be taken as Gospel truth. The Bible does, however, contain many profound and wise teachings.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

www.skeptically.org...
I realize that many ATS members will not believe me, but I trained to be a minister. I know my Bible. However, I came to the conclusion that even the New Testament cannot be taken as Gospel truth. The Bible does, however, contain many profound and wise teachings.

I'm not a trained minister, but I have read the bible and more than once too. I agree with you, there are beautiful teachings in the bible. But that can be said about a lot of religious texts too. Take Buddhism. There are a lot of profound teachings in Buddhism, and it would benefit many Christians (anyone really) to study it. One thing I like about Buddhism is that it places responsibility for actions and therefore our own salvation in our own hands. Some form of the Golden Rule can be found in many religions around the world. I think if we practiced The Golden Rule, in what ever religion or non-religion a person chooses, we would be a happier earth.

edit on 6-8-2012 by kisharninmah because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by wittgenstein

All of these teaching are from the OLD covenant. They just list the preferences of God because Jesus was to come in the bloodline of the Jews, so God gave his dietary preferences(kosher) to prepare the way for the messiah. The Jews were in the desert, so the fabric caution was to tell them how their clothes would last longer if they all shrunk at the same rate.. Its clearly stated in Leviticus.. Looks like the OP just took things out of context because of hate for Christianity.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilentKillah

Originally posted by Fromabove
I will take it that you're a homosexual. Going from there, having a non believing homosexual explaining the Bible and it's meaning is like having a trash collector attempt to understand quantum theory and operate the LHC.

Anyway, there is an Old and a New Covenant so preaching things meant for the ancient Jews as being relevant to New Covenant gentile Christians is at best misguided and erroneous. Only the moral law stands for the gentile believer, and there are 10 good ones for you to look over as well as the laws against homosexuality, sex with animals, sex with your mother or father or sister or brother.

Anyway, all sin is sin whether it is adultery or fornication, or homosexuality. The only sex that is blessed and permitted by God according to the Bible is the kind in a marriage between a man and a woman. All other sex is sin because it is against the will of God according to the Bible.

And yet another post on the Old Testament being only for Jews.

I'm going to keep doing this until someone properly acknowledges me with a scripture in the Old Testament saying "This old scripture is meant for Jews only" or something of that nature. Point is... nobody has proved this and all my life I've been taught otherwise in a Baptist church. Yet so many people keep on making this statement. Sounds like more cherry picking and stating what works best for one's particular argument on a matter to me.

Someone please post a scripture or tell me at least how you have come to this conclusion. Most likely i won't believe it unless it's in the Bible anyway... otherwise it's just hearsay. Thank you anyone.

You have been answered many times but it went over your head. It's about the old covenants and the new covenant.
The old covenants were bound by law and the blessings and curses associated with keeping them or forsaking them. The new covenant is about grace. It's the whole thing, every book. Read it and you won't need to remain in this ignorance. Jews are still operating on these covenants. Christians see the old as predecessors for the law written upon our hearts as fellow heirs. Read Hebrews for the legaleze. I am guessing you are confused with the use of testament. If the jews accepted payment in full by the shedding of the blood of the lamb, they too will be free from the law and live under grace. It's not hard. Maybe we need to clarify for you as, "those that live under the covenants of the law" and "those that are freed from the law". Our freedom comes from the propitiation in Christ's blood shed for us at Calvary. Go back and look. You were answered many times. Just not in the manner you dictated.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by b14warrior

Homosexuals often attack the bible because it clearly states that their lifestyle is sin.. Of course THEY CANT be wrong, so its gotta be the bible that is wrong right??

Its why Anderson Cooper from CNN (before he outed himself) sent his troops into churches to record sermons and demand explanantion from preachers on their sermons not meeting his standards...

Even if you dont believe in the bible... Almost all plants and animals depend on sexual reproduction to survive. If there was none, the world would die in one generation. One of the three has to be true:

1 God got it right..(my belief)
2. he messed up somehow, and wasn't smart enough to know it.
3. or God doesn't exist.

take your pick...

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensible1

Of course THEY CANT be wrong, so its gotta be the bible that is wrong right??

or could be someones interpretations are wrong. if you see yourself as logical mind. surely you got to factor that one in.

maybe study the original text. hebrew/greek/sumerian/vulcan. whatever.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

www.skeptically.org...

Well here's the answer to the first one, I need not go into the others because there are no inconsistancies in the Bible.

1. Jesus' lineage was traced through David's son Solomon. Mt.1:6.
Jesus' lineage was traced through David's son Nathan. Lk.3:31.

As it turns out, Josephs father was Heli, who died. Jacob then married Josephs mother. Both genealogies go back to King David. A note on this is that Joseph also died early as did his father Heli. Gee whiz, can't you atheists give it up already.

edit on 6-8-2012 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by wittgenstein

I looked at number two and laughed and laughed and laughed.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
“Even if you dont believe in the bible... Almost all plants and animals depend on sexual reproduction to survive. If there was none, the world would die in one generation. One of the three has to be true:
3. or God doesn't exist.
take your pick...”
sensible1
So you are saying that the natural world and its processes (www.youtube.com... www.youtube.com..., cancer, malaria….) are examples of God getting it right?
edit on 6-8-2012 by wittgenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

You will find that Religulons of all stripes rarely follow the teachings of their chosen fairytale, unless it conveniences them. Hypocrisy and victim hood are the only two constants, and usually perpetrated in the same sentence.
Example:
"Everyone is against us and discriminates against our beliefs, and it's because they allow gay marriage and immigrants with opposing beliefs to enter our country"...
You see, it's only discrimination when they are criticised, and a "Protected religious belief" when they do it to others.
Neat, hunh?

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

“Even if you dont believe in the bible... Almost all plants and animals depend on sexual reproduction to survive. If there was none, the world would die in one generation. One of the three has to be true:
3. or God doesn't exist.
take your pick...”
sensible1
So you are saying that the natural world and its processes (www.youtube.com... www.youtube.com..., cancer, malaria….) are examples of God getting it right?
edit on 6-8-2012 by wittgenstein because: (no reason given)

Just where does the bible say God causes disease? He heals disease... Thats God getting it right.. I was just healed of diabetes.. My A1C went from diabetic to non-diabetic without weight loss..

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Are you saying that cancer, malaria, the struggle for life etc are not natural? Are you saying that God did not create nature?
Nature is cruel. Is that God getting it right? Or did God not create the natural world?

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
i like to believe that every religion has a beautiful message underneath all the confusion.

but as everything has oposition, even religion can be used and manipulated by man to have the impact on peoples lives in a "good","righteous", or "bad", "detestable" way.

ive yet to walk into any church or place of worship that is not about the $.
show me a church lead by a heart and not $.

until then the only value religions have are historical ones. to me at least. i love good stories.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by sensible1

The bible says NOTHING about God controlling the weather either. Jesus rebukes the wind.. How could he do that if he caused it? The ENEMY is the lord "little l" of the air, and what we see, while God is in charge of the REAL world (the spiritual one) . Thats why we walk after the spirit not the flesh.. Our whole lives are a strugle to NOT go by what we see, but what we know spiritually to be true. We have it backwards.. we thin what we see is real and the spirit is ethereal... its actually the other way araound. Science has even proven beyond a doubt that most odf the mass of the universe can not be seen.. and they have NO IDEA what it is... They thought it was dark matter, or dark energy, but that has now been proven not true. The mass of dark matter is no where near the volume it would need to be to create the mass of the universe... So the things you see are only about 10% (a tithe) of what actually exists.. Its given to us as an advance, to see where our hearts are.. The rest is our true inheritance.. Point is.. man was in charge of these things before he ceded his authority to the enemy (satan). Now he controls these tings and tries his bests to get us to fight over the scraps so we can lose the whole kit and kaboodle...

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join