Christians cant eat lobster, wear polyester, wear gold, eat rabbit, have tattoos, get divrced, have

page: 30
<< 27  28  29   >>

join

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by truejew

Originally posted by Tiger5
There are gay Xtians.

You are incorrect. God will not dwell in an unclean temple.
Then you should clean your unclean heart and read more ancient history! They are people just like you and I.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Then you should clean your unclean heart and read more ancient history!

That already happened years ago.

They are people just like you and I.

I never said they are not people, just living in sin.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SubAce

thats a pretty ignorant thing to say
www.mirror.co.uk...

after going on a killing spree in name of god lol. theres many many more news stories from around the world, face it they are people/animals just like the rest of us and are prone to snapping, just like the rest of us
tey also comit sex acts as well

www.dailymail.co.uk...
28 million awarded

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

oh i do, its just that i know they are human and religion, well it can only take you so far ^^

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Long thread! I didn't read all of it.

The Council of Jerusalem as recorded in the Acts of the Apostles clarified a lot of things for Christians- especially those who weren't Jewish converts. Some things are referred to in the New Testament as being prohibited to believers and are still in effect as far as the Church canons are concerned. We are to abstain from what has been strangled, from blood, from any food and other things offered to idols, and sexual immorality. One could say that these fall in the realm of what some refer to as Noahide laws.

Act 15:19-20
19Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not them, which from among the Gentiles are turned to God:

20But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.

So, when people throw the OT at Christians, only to say they're not following their religion if they aren't following 622 various laws, they're wrong. If Christians are doing it, they're wrong too. We're not under the OT law. You are correct regarding divorce though.
edit on 7-10-2012 by LeSigh because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Besides Christians nowadays pick and choose what they want to follow when it comes to the bible.

Very true. Because many of them are living under the law. If we were loving one another as we would love ourselves, as Christ commanded, and accepting His Grace we would be better examples.

new topics
top topics

<< 27  28  29   >>

join