It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians cant eat lobster, wear polyester, wear gold, eat rabbit, have tattoos, get divrced, have

page: 30
<< 27  28  29   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by truejew

Originally posted by Tiger5
There are gay Xtians.

You are incorrect. God will not dwell in an unclean temple.
Then you should clean your unclean heart and read more ancient history! They are people just like you and I.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Then you should clean your unclean heart and read more ancient history!

That already happened years ago.

They are people just like you and I.

I never said they are not people, just living in sin.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SubAce

thats a pretty ignorant thing to say
www.mirror.co.uk...

after going on a killing spree in name of god lol. theres many many more news stories from around the world, face it they are people/animals just like the rest of us and are prone to snapping, just like the rest of us
tey also comit sex acts as well

www.dailymail.co.uk...
28 million awarded

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

oh i do, its just that i know they are human and religion, well it can only take you so far ^^

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Long thread! I didn't read all of it.

The Council of Jerusalem as recorded in the Acts of the Apostles clarified a lot of things for Christians- especially those who weren't Jewish converts. Some things are referred to in the New Testament as being prohibited to believers and are still in effect as far as the Church canons are concerned. We are to abstain from what has been strangled, from blood, from any food and other things offered to idols, and sexual immorality. One could say that these fall in the realm of what some refer to as Noahide laws.

Act 15:19-20
19Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not them, which from among the Gentiles are turned to God:

20But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.

So, when people throw the OT at Christians, only to say they're not following their religion if they aren't following 622 various laws, they're wrong. If Christians are doing it, they're wrong too. We're not under the OT law. You are correct regarding divorce though.
edit on 7-10-2012 by LeSigh because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Besides Christians nowadays pick and choose what they want to follow when it comes to the bible.

Very true. Because many of them are living under the law. If we were loving one another as we would love ourselves, as Christ commanded, and accepting His Grace we would be better examples.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: juleol
reply to post by jule01

Yet not a single christian lives according to these rules. But I guess it is okay since they can just ask Jesus for forgivance... Does not matter if you murder someone or just lie to someone as you are still accepted into heaven as long as you ask for forgivance...

Maybe the revised pagan government wants us to vote and turn us to rubble and ban our bibles at the same time, while giving us a good deal on a watermelon. One nation. Two systems. Is this bad. Is this China or the United States. There are a lot of fast snakes in the United Nations. Too bad we are busy watching teen squid or mob money.

Juleol are you sniffing the formaldehyde.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: b14warrior
reply to post by jule01

Leviticus 19:28 "You shall not make any cuts in your body for the dead nor make any tattoo marks on yourselves: I am the Lord." So you have a tattoo of Jesus and Mary on your arm? Wow, I'm sure your god will be chuffed to bits!

Yeah, I didn’t know smoking was such a threat that it was contagious and spread by bodily fluids. Something weird is going on.
The remnant of the trees of his forest will be so few that a child can write them down.
Like a wet dream.
Listen up thunderdragons.

These very troubling times, says Greta Van susteran

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Problems are in the concept of reading scriptures literally or understanding the inner because the literal is the trap. Thats where God/Goodness/Love/Tao of Goodness becomes the smiter and murderer, in other words, the demiurge.

The things you don't do is harm others. What you eat or wear is irrelevant.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: benrl
nvm.
edit on 28-11-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Yeah the OT is for Jews not christians......which is why we have the ten commandments plastered over our buildings......

Is the US then a Jewish nation?

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Prezbo369

You are incorrect. You cannot have the new testament without the old. The new is the fulfillment of the old, and you cannot have one without the other.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

So I take it you don't wear garbs of different types of cloth? or eat prawns?

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by b14warrior

warrior you need the remote.

The UN is going to make us hammer meat for the rest of our lives. Ok last meal stagger across the finish line. You know how to hammer meat? Fairly benign says Ben Carson. Come on You need to learn now how to hammer meat. We are the meat. And ye shall be hated of all men for my name’s sake.
I’ve been a northerner for years. Maybe you believe that Rand Paul is a centaur.
I am in 127 and the air conditioner is not coolish. It is damp. Too much sweat for the.
Is any of this biblical? You have to ask yourself. b14 you into the news?

Brethren, the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen. We are in a prickly city.

(Fill the coolers of Kool-aid and '___'. The fulls of it people.)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: b14warrior

With the death of Jesus we came under the new covenant, which predates the old covenant. Jesus is the Righteous King to whom Abraham gave tithe. (Genesis.)

Under the new covenant Love is the commandment. Love God with all your mind, heart and soul and Love your neighbor as yourself.

What sin is, apart from Mosaic law, and was the law prior to Mosaic law, is anything you place before God - anything that violates "love" For every man this is something different.. some men his wealth, some his pride, some his favorite thing.

We give these things up that God asks us to give up. Jesus made it easy, HE carried that burden for us on the cross. Through HIM and the spiritual death to this world, we are able to walk away from the things that God asks us to walk away from - which HE will tell you personally what your sins are after you are saved. He will say, "Don't do this, or you don't need that"

Those are your sins that you need to walk away from.

What God asks from us, is to put HIM first, Love HIM with all that you are, a life of moderation in all things, and Love your neighbor as yourself.

People will mess up from time to time, and if and when you do, you ask forgiveness and start again, and die the spiritual death to this world once more.

That is what Christianity is.
edit on 6-1-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Prezbo369

You are speaking of the Levitical Laws given to Moses to establish Israel as a nation set-apart unto God. The Levitical Laws can be divided up into primarily 5 distinct divisions:
1. Civil
2. Sanitary
3. Ceremonial
4. Moral
5. Religious

The purpose of these laws was to separate His people from the surrounding pagan nations and to shepherd His people in proper service to Him until Christ came to earth. The point of the Law was to teach Israel spiritual truths, but they inevitably made the Law their religion, rather than using it to make their hearts right with God. The civil, sanitary, ceremonial and religious laws were absolved in Christ. The moral laws are universal and absolute and represented by Christ's two greatest commandments: Love God with all your heart, soul and mind and love your neighbor as yourself.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Sorry, Christians don't follow Mosaic laws besides the ten commandments, this is one of the reasons Christians are different than Jews.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodie75
reply to post by b14warrior

One is that you should not eat shellfish....... so, no lobster for you silly fundamentalist Christians, sorry.
Shellfish.

Whale or porpoise, or salted cheerios in milk. If Joe Biden’s woman touching habit is not forbid in the bible then hey give me a platter of goat spleen and marmalade rabbit liver. Pass the napkin.

Doesn’t make a ham worth of difference what your religious beliefs are. Ninevah is getting telegraphed. God frowns on funky asian awesome. And the mainstream news that I have been watching is not trustworthy. Shocking. And crazy times we are living in, says Kennedy. Let them eat pizza. There’s food poisoning in 215 stations. My favorite thing in the world is the magic, says Gerri willis.

Come on you know. NOW. Won’t that be a hoot. I think the world is going to end. Aliens, says Kennedy.

Is God expunged? The scary thing is that we are at code red that is.

top topics

<< 27  28  29   >>

join