It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians cant eat lobster, wear polyester, wear gold, eat rabbit, have tattoos, get divrced, have

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
We are no longer under the OT law. We are under grace. This is something that most on this board can not seem to understand.

Although, just because we are no longer under the OT law, does not give us a license to sin. Gay acts are a sin due to the fact they go against God's plan for humanity. Wearing gold is a sin because it is not modest. Getting tattoos is a sin because for a Spirit filled Christian, our bodies are the temple of God. Getting divorced for a reason other than fornication is a sin because it leads to adultery. The others mentioned in the title were only under the OT law.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by truejew

We are no longer under the OT law. We are under grace. This is something that most on this board can not seem to understand.

I believe you believe this.

Satisfied?

Now do you have any thoughts towards my argument against that?

I assume you read some of the thread.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by truejew

Although, just because we are no longer under the OT law, does not give us a license to sin. Gay acts are a sin due to the fact they go against God's plan for humanity. Wearing gold is a sin because it is not modest. Getting tattoos is a sin because for a Spirit filled Christian, our bodies are the temple of God. Getting divorced for a reason other than fornication is a sin because it leads to adultery. The others mentioned in the title were only under the OT law.

OH I've experienced the transformation that is ongoing, refining the silver, or born again, in more inner seeking journey like unto the real Christ and the real way. That singular eye is a part of that journey and deprogramming from the entire world and all the ISMS to the innocent love of a child, who would never harm anyone or have prejudice as so many Christians are doing, not following Christ.

Homosexuals also experience this very same thing. Some Church's may exclude them, but Goodness and Love above does not.

In fact, its all for our growth and learning how to serve others, understand others, and Love everyone equally, how to have discernment. Ie. someone who is raping your daughter should not have your daughter sold to them, but two consenting adults chosing to be together as friends, lovers, spouses, of any sex is nothing to harm you or your family. Discernment tells you that its a SIN to harm others, or in this day and age with understanding human rights, unbelievable.

And I felt that way when I was a Catholic, and spoke up.
edit on 10-8-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
reply to post by stupid girl

Christians still use OT as the basis for moral belief in ways that the New Covenant supposedly abolishes.

Not abolished, fulfilled. Any Christian who trys to live under the OT law leaves the law of grace and will fail.

You can reconcile that by stating they are not real Christians.

Correct.

However to non-religious we have no reason to believe you are the true Christian and they are not.

You could start by asking if they believe in three gods/persons/trinity. If they say yes, they are not real Christians. That will narrow it down quite a bit for you.

The scope is the whole of Christendom. That's the OP.

True Christendom or pagan Christendom?

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Sometimes I think this whole issue is about intelligence. And the whole world is suffering for lack of it. Well, idodide not only detox's the body, cleans up the Crystal and fills us with more light, but it also raises our intelligence. I suggest everyone start taking iodide in good healthy portions, ie at least 50-100 mgs, its absolutely safe for nursing and pregnant women according to the government. They hand this stuff out for free around the nuclear plants. Might have some more insight come then, read the bible a little more intelligently.

We have a nuclear crisis going on. Good reason to get healthy and brighter and maybe that will change this odd, fundamental distortion of what Christ's message was and spare alot of injustice taking place. For no one has the right to treat people differently regardless of their sexual orientation.

I consider it pure ignorance to think in narrow little unintelligent boxes and cause so much suffering.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

Homosexuals also experience this very same thing.

They live in sin and will be judged for it unless they repent.

Catholics/Protestants also live in sin and will be judged for it unless they repent.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by truejew

Thank you for being in agreement that the only way it could be reconciled is if they are thought of as not real Christians

Now this is what most on this board (to borrow your words) don't seem to understand.

You could start by asking if they believe in three gods/persons/trinity. If they say yes, they are not real Christians. That will narrow it down quite a bit for you.

For the non-religious even that is something we cannot do. Making that determination would require faith we do not have. We don't believe the Mormons over the Catholics over the Baptists over the Protestants over the... because it requires a belief that we don't have.

Therefore! To the REST of us. Anyone that says they're a Christian and preaches from Christian Doctrine, is considered a Christian.

If you, and others, are displeased with that fact, the whole of Christendom needs to get together and sort out these spiritual differences in interpretation.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Homosexuals also experience this very same thing.

Catholics/Protestants also live in sin and will be judged for it unless they repent.

I assure you with absolute knowledge on this, that its the opposite. They are natural and innocent and special, the cookie cutter breaks on each of us, there is no one like each person here. And we're to shine as we are, safe to be ourselves and not controlled by anyone.

All the dark squares in teh bible are Saturn. 9/11 was a Saturn/Sun opposition. Saturn has horns.

The PTB really distorted the religions, and they had help, their own puppet masters, the renegades running this planet.

There are 2 roads one is Love and Understanding and Equality and waking up and shining your true light in, the other, is a very regressive road that by you own accepting of obvious lies things even a kid gets, Love is Love, it is not hate, it does not control, it has no prejudice. Goodness is not evil and good. Its like the games snakes and ladders, and that road is the slippery snake of regression. There is always a bigger bully in another realm, who like a mirror, could dish out all that lack of compassion and understanding back.

Reach for your heart and take out the plank in your eyes, the ISMS are not truth.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by truejew

Also my dear one, there is this incredible misconception about Catholics. Where I grew up, they were the most active and helping people, humble of heart, and they outdid the Salvation Army in their food deliveries and help to families. They believe, that its what we do that counts, not just having faith, faith in action. They dont ignore the words of the bible, the ones that count, Christ's example, and his brother James.

Any Christian who judges another for sexual orientation or for what congregation they attend, is being sinful. Live the real message in the scriptures, seek and find it.

In the meantime, walk away from any script in any church or by any paster that teaches you to exclude or harm anyone. Walk with Love.

Again wrong answer you gave. I've been to many Chruch's and the Catholic congregations were the most loving of them all.

edit to add: By the way, the Church is the people, not its leaders. Its leaders are corrupt and if you are a Baptist you are just as likely to have satanists in your congregation or at the helm, and so is the Catholic.

Pay attention to the rings. They do wear it in the open.

edit on 11-8-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

No, there is no getting together on this, for some people don't understand what the bible is, and the US is the only country that has a whole bunch of fundamentalists that take this heavily coded, mystery document literally, when it can't be. There is no compromising truth with lies.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

reply to post by truejew

Therefore! To the REST of us. Anyone that says they're a Christian and preaches from Christian Doctrine, is considered a Christian.

Those whom reject Jesus, will be lost even if they try to live without sin. Therefore I do not post here to change the minds of the non-religious on this topic, but to help those Christians who may read and get confused by the thread.

If you, and others, are displeased with that fact, the whole of Christendom needs to get together and sort out these spiritual differences in interpretation.

The last time that happened, the Church was ordered to convert or be burnt at the stake by the Catholic church.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Shane

I agree.

When you use context, it becomes obvious that He did not mean pork and shellfish is now edible.

*He chastises them harshly for following the traditions of men over what God' instruction.

*He unabashedly tells them that they are, by their rules, abolishing God's commands

And then, according to Christianity, turns around and abolishes God's command . . .

And that makes sense how?

It is funny, because the same story is told in Matthew, and it clearly states what He meant.

Matthew 15:17-20
Do not ye yet understand, that whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught? But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man. For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies. [U] These are the things which defile a man: but to eat with unwashed hands does not defile a man.

But that seems to be ignored, making Him into a hypocritical liar.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

reply to post by truejew

Also my dear one, there is this incredible misconception about Catholics.

Nope.

Where I grew up, they were the most active and helping people, humble of heart, and they outdid the Salvation Army in their food deliveries and help to families.

Good works don't matter if there is sin in their lives.

Any Christian who judges another for sexual orientation or for what congregation they attend, is being sinful. Live the real message in the scriptures, seek and find it.

Incorrect.

Walk with Love.

If I say that sin is ok, what love would I have?

edit to add: By the way, the Church is the people, not its leaders. Its leaders are corrupt and if you are a Baptist you are just as likely to have satanists in your congregation or at the helm, and so is the Catholic.

Protestants, including Baptists, are partial Catholics. They will receive judgement also.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Christians still use OT as the basis for moral belief in ways that the New Covenant supposedly abolishes.

Not abolished, fulfilled.

I sure hope you are not trying to play the old Christian word game, where fulfilled means making His commands to be not followed, making them, for all intents and purposes, abolished without actually saying they are abolished.

He said in Matthew that not one jot or tittle would pass from the law until ALL is fulfilled. Check Matthew 24 for a grand list of unfulfilled things. He said in Luke that it sould be easier for heaven and earth to pass than for the least penstroke to pass from the law. Last I checked, heaven and earth are still here.

Any Christian who trys to live under the OT law leaves the law of grace and will fail.

This has to be the most ridiculous idea.

Do you refrain from lying? Murdering? Homosexuality? Stealing? Do you worship other gods? Make idols?

Do you respect your elders? How about refraining from cheating, but practicing fairness?

Do you love others as yourself? Do you love God with all your might, heart, and soul?

I would assume you do these things. Congratulations. You are following OT law. Are you now fallen from grace because of it?

But somehow, anyone who tries to keep Sabbath, eat clean, etc, which are commands from the SAME EXACT LAW as the previous commands, have fallen from grace? How is that logical?

Furthermore, to the people who say that Sabbaths, feast days, tassles, eating clean, etc are only for Jews . . . again, so are the others, including the big ten and the two greatest.

Hmmmmm

edit on 11-8-2012 by Shimri because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shimri

I sure hope you are not trying to play the old Christian word game, where fulfilled means making His commands to be not followed, making them, for all intents and purposes, abolished without actually saying they are abolished.

The last time I checked, the OT law was still there in the OT. So, not abolished, fulfilled.

He said in Matthew that not one jot or tittle would pass from the law until ALL is fulfilled. Check Matthew 24 for a grand list of unfulfilled things. He said in Luke that it sould be easier for heaven and earth to pass than for the least penstroke to pass from the law. Last I checked, heaven and earth are still here.

Yes and the law was fulfilled, not abolished.

I would assume you do these things.

I do those things.

Congratulations. You are following OT law.

Nope. I am following the NT law of grace.

But somehow, anyone who tries to keep Sabbath, eat clean, etc, which are commands from the SAME EXACT LAW as the previous commands, have fallen from grace? How is that logical?

We are not under the OT law.

Furthermore, to the people who say that Sabbaths, feast days, tassles, eating clean, etc are only for Jews . . . again, so are the others, including the big ten and the two greatest.

Hmmmmm

The Church is only Jewish. Natural born Jews saved by grace through faith and natural born Gentiles converted to the true Jewish faith by grace through faith. No one in the Church is under OT law.
edit on 11-8-2012 by truejew because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   

reply to post by Shane

I agree.

When you use context, it becomes obvious that He did not mean pork and shellfish is now edible.

Well, That seems to be a minority. Makes you wonder how anyone who has difficulty in understanding "CONTEXT" ever got out of Grade School.

And it is no wonder we see this sort of display here. People expound on what they learn, and unfortunately this message is coming from Pulpits across America and Canada.

Cut and Paste sort of mentality has no time to explore the message being presented, but are more interested in how they can apply a verse to garner support for the anal thoughts they wish to promote.

OR worse. The do so with INTENT to confuse.

Anyways, keep up the Good Work my friend.

Ciao

Shane

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by truejew

Tell me, how does a person "repent" for the thoughts in his or her head about sex with another person? How does that work exactly?

Biblical truth is an interesting term. It almost seems oxymoronic because nobody is able to prove it to be an absolute truth....they can only believe it to be so. (have faith) But if, as stated, God created and loves all his greater and lesser creatures, and the Bible is representative of God's teachings, then whoever edited a later edition of it must have misplaced the chapter explaining homosexuality, which occurs in countless different animal species, not just humankind. And Christians, I am sorry to have to tell you, you simply cannot pray the Gay out of a person. Some have tried this, with sometimes disastrous results.
Marcus Bachmann’s Gay ‘Cure’
The funny thing here is, Medicaid paid for some of these "cures."
Bachmann's husband got $137,000 in Medicaid funds

That is a Judgment. You have Judged Catholics/Protestants, and probably everyone else not in your own sect.

judg·men·tal (jŭj-měn'tl)
adjective
1. Of, relating to, or dependent on judgment
2.Inclined to make judgments, especially moral or personal ones
dictionary.reference.com...
What did Jesus say about judging others?
Conservative Christians judge Everyone. Its what they do. If you don't believe exactly as they do, You are going to hell and they have no problem telling you and condemning you. They are a blight upon this planet.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
The bible is a historical document and is a book of wisdom in places - think of the "Book of five rings". unfortunately very often stupid people use it to justify their personal hates and bigotry. These people are often fundamentalists in outlook and take everything literally but are quite ignorant.

I do not hate the bible but I dislike the fools who try to use it to justify their narrowmindedness. There are gay Xtians. God is suppose to love everyone.

Look at the early history of the bible and see all the basic sects some of whome had prominent same-sex relationships. Left to me only those who had read and understood history and understood biblical hebrew would be allowed to commento nthe bible. A Totalitarian viewpoint perhaps but the idiocy of several people here have led to this discussion.

Rgds

Tiger5

Ps I am a Pagan
edit on 11-8-2012 by Tiger5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
reply to post by truejew

Tell me, how does a person "repent" for the thoughts in his or her head about sex with another person? How does that work exactly?

The same as repenting from any other sin.

And Christians, I am sorry to have to tell you, you simply cannot pray the Gay out of a person. Some have tried this, with sometimes disastrous results.

The methods of pagan Christianity rarely work. Repentance, baptism in the name of Jesus Christ, and receiving the gift of the Holy Spirit is what works for all sin. No Medicaid needed. It's all free.

That is a Judgment. You have Judged Catholics/Protestants, and probably everyone else not in your own sect.

No, it is a warning of God's coming judgement and giving a way that they can avoid it through repentance.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tiger5
There are gay Xtians.

You are incorrect. God will not dwell in an unclean temple.

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30 >>

join