It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians cant eat lobster, wear polyester, wear gold, eat rabbit, have tattoos, get divrced, have

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+82 more 
posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
In the same book that silly Christians often use to condemn Homosexuals where it says a man should not lie with another man is a whole host of rules. Many of which are on the same page as the one they love to quote so much!

One is that you should not eat shellfish....... so, no lobster for you silly fundamentalist Christians, sorry.
Shellfish.
Leviticus 11:10 "But whatever is in the seas and in the rivers that does not have fins and scales among all the teeming life of the water, and among all the living creatures that are in the water, they are detestable things to you."

Leviticus 19:27 "You shall not round off the side-growth of your heads nor harm the edges of your beard." God hated the Mods then!

It also says you should not wear two different types of cloth at the same time so silly fundamentalist Christians....... if you are cold and wearing a cotton T-shirt (and you best pray it's 100% or you go straight to hell!) you can't then pull on a woollen jumper.

Leviticus 19:28 "You shall not make any cuts in your body for the dead nor make any tattoo marks on yourselves: I am the Lord." So you have a tattoo of Jesus and Mary on your arm? Wow, I'm sure your god will be chuffed to bits!

And in Leviticus 11:8 where it is talking about pigs: "You shall not eat of their flesh nor touch their carcasses; they are unclean to you." Turns out you silly fundamentalist Christians have far more in common with silly Muslims than you like to admit.
Furthermore it actually a whole host of other meats and seems to be very much akin to Kosher laws. Its bans dozens from crocodile (which I must if you haven't tried then do so, it's tasty, although you will go to hell!) and snails (one of my favorites!) to rabbit (no rabbit pie? pft!)

People who can't come to church or worship your God:
Anybody who has any direct descendants that were born out of wedlock:
Deuteronomy 23:2 "No one of illegitimate birth shall enter the assembly of the Lord; none of his descendants, even to the tenth generation, shall enter the assembly of the Lord."
Anybody that has has surgery that removes the penis or testicles:
Deuteronomy 23:1 "A man whose testicles are crushed or whose penis is cut off may never join the assembly of the Lord."

Are you silly fundamentalist Christians committing adultery?
Mark 10:11-12, "And He said to them, 'Whoever divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery against her; and if she herself divorces her husband and marries another man, she is committing adultery.'
Mark 10:9 "What therefore God has joined together, let no man separate."
Mark is not your friend if you have been divorced!

Things you can't wear:
Synthetic or combined materials-
Leviticus 19:19 "You are to keep My statutes. You shall not breed together two kinds of your cattle; you shall not sow your field with two kinds of seed, nor wear a garment upon you of two kinds of material mixed together."
Expensive clothes, pearls, gold or even braided hair (if you are female that is, so the men, go ahead and wearing fancy pearls, braided hair and an expensive frock to church, it's ok, god doesn't mind!)-
Timothy 2:9 "Likewise, I want women to adorn themselves with proper clothing, modestly and discreetly, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly garments."

Last one for now-
Deuteronomy 25:11-12. "If two men, a man and his countryman, are struggling together, and the wife of one comes near to deliver her husband from the hand of the one who is striking him, and puts out her hand and seizes his genitals, then you shall cut off her hand; you shall not show pity."
WTF? Eh?

I also saw a post recently with a quote from the Bible that clearly states you should not be anywhere near a woman that is menstruating and although I 100% with that one it is not for religious reasons!

To understand why these rules are in the bible and what to make of them in today's society please go and watch a film called 'For The Bible Tells Me So'.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Exactly, thats the point of it that many Christians miss.

We are all in the same boat, we are all flawed.

No one sin is worse than any other, and can be forgiven freely.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by b14warrior

Yet not a single christian lives according to these rules. But I guess it is okay since they can just ask Jesus for forgivance... Does not matter if you murder someone or just lie to someone as you are still accepted into heaven as long as you ask for forgivance...

+72 more 
posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

I am not a Christian, but I can tell you that your logic and insecurity of someones elses religion is extremely flawed!
Leviticus was from the old testament, (Torah) which was a set of laws for the Jews! NOT CHRISTIANS!
The New Testament is for the Christians!

Not sure why you have to post against someones religious beliefs if you don't yourself agree with them, and if you do, you might want to make sure that your posting is accurate!
edit on 5-8-2012 by seeker1963 because: wording

+24 more 
posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
People just hate it when someone nitpicks their religion. So get ready for the you are hating on Christians crew to come in and dump on your thread. Besides Christians nowadays pick and choose what they want to follow when it comes to the bible.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
People just hate it when someone nitpicks their religion. So get ready for the you are hating on Christians crew to come in and dump on your thread. Besides Christians nowadays pick and choose what they want to follow when it comes to the bible.

Exactly.. They just cherry pick what they want from bible.
I really wonder how someone can even delude themselves like that.

+37 more 
posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963

I am not a Christian, but I can tell you that your logic and insecurity of someones elses religion is extremely flawed!
Leviticus was from the old testament, (Torah) which was a set of laws for the Jews! NOT CHRISTIANS!

Not sure why you have to post against someones religious beliefs if you don't yourself agree with them, and if you do, you might want to make sure that your posting is accurate!

Doesn't matter if it's old or new testament God's words are absolute. If only the new testament mattered then why is the old included in the bible?

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963

Maybe to counteract all the other threads where Christians tells us how evil other religions or non believers are?

+37 more 
posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
**yawn**.....

should't this be in the "Rant" forum?

Or maybe ATS should just go all-out and create a new "Things I Disagree With And Don't Understand About Other People's Faith" forum.
edit on 5-8-2012 by stupid girl because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Christians should act more like Jesus and less like the Pharisees

Jesus went unto the mount of Olives.
+
2And early in the morning he came again into the temple, and all the people came unto him; and he sat down, and taught them.

3And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst,

4They said unto him, Teacher, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.

5Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what say you? 6This they said, testing him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not.

7So when they continued asking him, he lifted himself up, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

8And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground.

9And they who heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing before him.

10When Jesus had lifted himself up, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those your accusers? has no man condemned you?

11She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn you: go, and sin no more

kj2000.scripturetext.com...

+11 more 
posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

So why do Christians ALWAYS bring up the famous quote from Leviticus concerning homosexuality?
And I see nothing wrong with having a discussion about the views of a religious group if it effect me and others around me. If their views didn't effect people then I wouldn't talk of them.
I also know that many Churches and Christians follow new and old testament.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by stupid girl

Not faith hater at all. In fact the film which I recommended at the end shows Christians in some good light at the end of the film.
My point was that parts of the old testament if taken literally and not in a modern context can be at most dangerous and at least hurtful and polorising.
Plus it is just a discussion, no hate here.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by juleol

Yet not a single christian lives according to these rules. But I guess it is okay since they can just ask Jesus for forgivance... Does not matter if you murder someone or just lie to someone as you are still accepted into heaven as long as you ask for forgivance...

Perhaps it's you and the OP who misunderstand God's commands. You want to believe that mixing linen and wool together is His message, when in reality He is giving an altogether different message. Hint: it has nothing to do with "fibers", and therefore anyone pushing that interpretation as 'proof' that the Bible is not applicable today is simply controlling your mind to keep you from even wanting to seek the salvation of the One True Living God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. If you are happy and content to think that your Creator is at all interested in what you WEAR, then it is your choice to do so. Just know that the prince of this world counts on your love of lies and your distaste of Truth.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by stupid girl
**yawn**.....

should't this be in the "Rant" forum?

Or maybe ATS should just go all-out and create a new "Faith Hater" forum.

It is based on the Christian religion so why shouldn't it be here?

And the OP isn't hating on the religion just pointing out things that Christians choose not to follow in their religion.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
There's also the part where they say that if you break God's law by working on the Sabbath the punishment is death...DEATH!

So, don't mow your lawn on Sunday and don't have a bar-b-que because cooking is work, too. Otherwise you might be smited.
edit on 8/5/2012 by LifeInDeath because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Umm... Your O.T. mentions relate to Jews.

Next?... Lol

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Their excuse for everything in the bible that they CLEARLY REFUSE to acknowledge or abide by is always the jesus and new testament excuse which "changes everything" per them now.

[color=dodgerblue]Everything written in the "old book" is now completely not valid any longer despite "god" having spent all that time and effort, into telepathically speaking this books silly content to his chosen humans to write for him. It is now old and not in effect per them because of...

...their... magical...man-god...jeeezus!!!!

So now they say a little prayer in thy mind to their sun-god and then they can ignore everything in the bible and [color=gold]do what ever they want and still go to their little golden-paved, gem-stone-filled heaven in the sky where all they do is sing songs of praise to a violent psychopath who loves hate, wars, violence, suffering, and murdering humans.

As long as you say a little prayer to a bearded guy once in awhile...

Fools and their fairy-tales. And fairy-tales that dont even make ANY SENSE at that.

edit on 5-8-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

How can two books be designed for two different religions that, by looking at the book, are based off the exact same premise, yet one has different rules from the other? Same story, some beginning, same general storyline...but different rules. Either they changed the rules to suit each religion, or they just decided that they were going to write a new version and pass it off as "how, it was MEANT for just us Christians, the Jews have their own regime. Even though we use pretty much the same book, have the same God, observe the same rituals (with a few exceptions) and we just do it the modern way and they do it the old-fashioned way". So what I'm seeing here is yet more CHERRY PICKING.

ENOUGH OF THE GOD NAMEK CHERRY PICKING!!!! Either you will follow the Bible according to the letter and punish any who do not do so, or you will STOP JUDGING based on other people breaking rules that even YOU do not obey half the time. I heard a woman the other day, a self-proclaimed Christian, calling out imprecations and judgments (words for prostitution and female dogs) on another woman who wasn't present, and I just walked up and looked at her and said, "Is that how your preacher talks?"

Christianity is mostly a religion of convenience. Dollar Store spirituality. No one REALLY takes it seriously, because it's been made so simple that it's HARD to take it seriously. No one puts in the work, no one actually tries to understand, I've been talking to people recently and they've threatened to punch me in the face for disputing their religion. I heard a phrase from a friend the other day, something I really like: "When people view new ideas with suspicion, it's because they already know the old ideas aren't working."

Does this make sense to anyone?
edit on 5-8-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

I think perhaps it is my fault for not putting my views forward or for leaving it open to interpretation to what I felt, meant and intended to show. Or even that perhaps I wrote it poorly and gave the wrong impression.

My point was that parts of the old testament if taken literally and not in a modern context can be at most dangerous and at least hurtful and polorising.
Plus it is just a discussion, no hate here.

When the bible was written men were often put to death for being homosexual so the bible is giving advice on living maybe? I don't know.
Shellfish could often be dangerous and un-sanitry in those days before modern health and safety therefore perhaps not to eat it? I don't know.

But the point is that many Chrisitans take the interpretation they WANT and ignore the ones they don't.
I was not for one second saying the 'The Creator' does not want us to wear polyester as I don't believe in 'The Creator'.
Sorry if I gave you the wrong impression.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Dear OP,

Those commandments were meant for healthy living, for a society/civilisation to progress, and were REGION & ERA SPECIFIC.

Would you grow corns in the desert lands of the M.E?
Would you rear Camels in the wet lands of fertile India?

I can understand many's confusion, and perhaps your personal hatred for Christianity. I will not seek to change your mind, nor even capable of, but I can hope, that one day you may be reconciled with our common Creator, who loved us all.

No matter the laws, He gave us free will still. We can make that choice, but will suffer the consequences for straying from His guided and well intentioned path.

For example, in the hot deserts, would you want to wear more than 1 layers of clothing?

Would you want to have tattoos, such as I love Sally, then later when Sally leaves you, will you want to leave a mark on your body?

Eunachs serve their masters for financial security, serving and servicing their wives, trusting and enjoying in the material world, than to slog it out like the rest of real men. Do they then deserve to have their voice heard in the community of man?

As to the issues of homosexuality, the then population was small. If majority were to choose that lifestyle, that group of humans would be extinct in no time. But even today, we have to be careful about the issue, because we cannot take for granted that that homosexuality will affect only a small population.

It may not, and will result in our extinction. But at the same time, we mankind must look deeper into issues surrounding homosexuality, try to correct them on free will based societal level, and not to discriminate against those that are practising such lifestyle.

There were health issues of pigs then, and the medical science of that time could not and will never help if man becomes infected with it. Even today, mankind is wary of swineflu. What more our ancestors, with no knowlegde of medical science of vaccines and treatment?

I can go on, but I hope you get the drift. Understand where that group of humans were, and you may get an idea why health directions specific to the area was given. Many claimed to have the read the Bible, front to back and in reverse several times. Reading is one thing, but comprehending the messages and its intents is quite another.
edit on 5-8-2012 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join