It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians cant eat lobster, wear polyester, wear gold, eat rabbit, have tattoos, get divrced, have

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by b14warrior

In the same book that silly Christians

They aren't silly, why are they silly? Sure you may not agree with their religious views, but that doesn't mean they are silly.. Your quoting bible passages that you don't believe in...I just don't understand that. I guess what I'm trying to get at is why did you make this thread? Were you trying to bash Christians? Trying to teach people on here how silly someones religion may be? Please explain it to me.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SyphonX
Since you choose "shellfish" as the flagship of your rant...

Let me just say, shellfish is disgusting and no one should be eating it period. I stopped eating pork about 2 years ago, and I've never eaten shellfish. I have tried it, but never liked it anyway.

---
I have a short story to tell you:

My grandmother used to live in a coastal fishing village. One day, while browsing the menu at a local restaurant, she was told that... If a fisherman goes overboard, and drowns, the townspeople do not eat shellfish (Lobster, etc.) for at least a few months .. or more.. Because if they do, they would be eating their drowned friend.

Shellfish are the bottom-feeders of the ocean. There are fewer places on Earth that are more vile, wretched and filthy than the bottom of the ocean.

As for pigs. Everyone knows they're filthy, some people refuse to eat pig flesh for that reason alone. Pigs emulate shellfish in their eating habits. They eat just about anything, and roll in their feces and urine while they do it.

What really turned me off to pork though, is how Pig flesh is very similar to human flesh. As far as the animal kingdom is concerned, pigs share the closest resemblance to human flesh, the last I checked. I really thought about this one day after reading about cannibalism, and eating a piece of bacon. I wondered why we, humans, think bacon tastes so special, even though it's really simple. It seemed more horrible, the longer I thought about it. Thus I no longer eat pork.

How can anyone with an awareness of cool comics (Viz your avatar) be so wrong?

How do you know that pork is similar to human flesh? ?? have you made a visiual examination of both types of meat? The fact is that many fish are scavengers the same thing can be sadi about chicken.

Just the facts.

T

edit on 5-8-2012 by Tiger5 because: add in a bit

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Faith.

The old testament is the new concealed, the new? The old revealed

This is why in the old Testament the lord said to many when they asked him, his name, "Why do you ask when you know it is a secret?"
The revelation did not come until the new testament for Peter, when Christ asked ".... Who do you say I am?"

That is why the old and new are together.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by sinthia

There are many thread on here that have nothing to do with conspiracies.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by murphy22

Whoa! Hold your horses there, Bonzo.

Why do I need to get my facts straight? I'm not the one making any claims here or deciding what or what not to follow from the Bible. I'm making observations based on the posts I see in this thread so do us all a favour and get down off the cross; Jesus has already done all of that for you. If you religion doesn't make sense to anyone outside of it, that's your look out, not ours.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

Nobody uses fundamental in the religious sense like that. I was using fundamentalism in the modern religious sense. The same way if I used gay in a sexual conversation it would be obvious that I was meaning the sexuality and 'n-word' in a racial sense would be a racial slur and not a word for somebody that is ignorant.
I was looking at how the Christians that are wanting to control how others live their lives take things out of the context they were meant in and how they pick at the bits they want.
edit on 5-8-2012 by b14warrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tiger5
How do you know that pork is similar to human flesh? ?? have you made a visiual examination of both types of meat? The fact is that many fish are scavengers the same thing can be sadi about chicken.

Just the facts.

T

edit on 5-8-2012 by Tiger5 because: add in a bit

Those are the facts.

Some fish are scavengers yes, but not all are disgusting bottom-feeders, ala Shellfish.

Chickens are "scavengers" when kept in poor conditions. They'll even eat one another should the situation arise. Hence my bit about "factory farming' at the end there. Cattle that are "factory farmed" stand up to their "knees" in their piss and feces, in a tiny space where they can't even turn around.

As for the "pigs are humans" bit, I do believe out of all animals, they are probably the closest. Notably, all the research done on cloning, raising and transplanting animal organs into humans. Pigs are the most viable. I believe pigs are the most common flesh used in "emergency" skin grafts as well, but I may be wrong.

It's really more about them being disgusting, and the added knowledge of their 'similarity' to humans just tipped me over.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SolarIce

Point taken, agreed with but too late to be edited.
I can be rash and rude sometimes.
Thanks.
edit on 5-8-2012 by b14warrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SyphonX
Since you choose "shellfish" as the flagship of your rant...

Let me just say, shellfish is disgusting and no one should be eating it period. I stopped eating pork about 2 years ago, and I've never eaten shellfish. I have tried it, but never liked it anyway.

---
I have a short story to tell you:

My grandmother used to live in a coastal fishing village. One day, while browsing the menu at a local restaurant, she was told that... If a fisherman goes overboard, and drowns, the townspeople do not eat shellfish (Lobster, etc.) for at least a few months .. or more.. Because if they do, they would be eating their drowned friend.

Shellfish are the bottom-feeders of the ocean. There are fewer places on Earth that are more vile, wretched and filthy than the bottom of the ocean.

As for pigs. Everyone knows they're filthy, some people refuse to eat pig flesh for that reason alone. Pigs emulate shellfish in their eating habits. They eat just about anything, and roll in their feces and urine while they do it.

What really turned me off to pork though, is how Pig flesh is very similar to human flesh. As far as the animal kingdom is concerned, pigs share the closest resemblance to human flesh, the last I checked. I really thought about this one day after reading about cannibalism, and eating a piece of bacon. I wondered why we, humans, think bacon tastes so special, even though it's really simple. It seemed more horrible, the longer I thought about it. Thus I no longer eat pork.

I stray away from meat in general now, anyway. Mostly because of factory farming. I'm likely to go full vegetarian soon as the alternatives are few..

While I welcome all the other comments that have been made so far, even the ones claiming I am 'bashing' all Christians when I really don't believe I am, I'm just wanting discussion and to better understand it all for myself,
this comment is a bit daft no? I cover my vegetables with my horses excrement doesn't mean I wouldn't eat them. Bottom feeder seafood and pork are both tasty and healthy in a balanced diet.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Not a problem at all Man, just don't like seeing hate being spread around like that, but thanks for showing you had better intentions then what I thought

just thought I'd add I notice you weren't trying to hate or bash. so sorry for my poor choice of words.
edit on 5-8-2012 by SolarIce because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Amadeo

I am on no cross. This isn't hurting me one bit.
But you do have your facts wrong.
Nothing is taken out of "historical context." According to the bible, Liars, Cheaters, Murderers, Adulterers, idoliters, along with Homosexuals will be punished nobody is "just" pointing out homosexuals as suggested in your post.

edit on 5-8-2012 by murphy22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by b14warrior
this comment is a bit daft no?

No, it is not.

Bottom feeder seafood and pork are both tasty and healthy in a balanced diet.

That's your opinion. I can think of healthier diets, and frankly I think the placebo effect would do you some good.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Your right religion is a delusional afair to all. Really is a backward lifestyle. I figure if humanity survives another 300-500 years there will be very few who believe any of today's modern religions thogh a few may still think they are Jedi and believe in the force.

X

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

I thought the OT had nothing to do with me. How can the new be the old revealed if it has nothing to do with me and why not just reveal it in the old? Wow. Confusing. So you are saying that the OT is the new t just revealed due to Jesus say "I am". That's the jist of it?

CJ

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Bodhi7

Under the Mosaic Law we gentiles would not be saved either. You were right in saying it was a "strict law". Because it was and nobody could live by it.
But as another posted the apostles did not teach gentiles had to be circumsized either. The law was not ment for the new covenant testament. When Jesus died on the cross he said "It is finished." This started the new testament time we live in now.

The Jews had there Prophecies mixed up big time. And because of their situation was looking for a saviour to deliver Israel out from servitude to Rome. Their hearts were not where they needed to be. They confused the first comming with the second in prophecy, were he won't be playing nice.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Christians are under Grace, so are messianic jews who believe. The law was created to show mankind that we cannot keep all of them. Homosexuality is an abomination and still is a sin, but its no worse than masturbating or using sexual toys, or performing oral sex. If it wasn't for Jesus we'd all be roasting in the fire.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Erm. I truly don't understand. How can God's words be wrong? Is it not the idea that the Bible is God's words, written by man? If the OT was wrong, do you admit the new one maybe also?

CJ

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

There are many prophecies in the old testament about the new testament time period. We know this? Because the jews were looking and waiting for a saviour. Through prophecy is all they had.
But it was not just for them but also for the Christians that were not even around yet. Like a time capsule.
But the UNDERSTANDING was not given to them, in the old testament. They could not understand or the plan of redemption would not have worked.

Jesus said: "If I be lifted up. (hung on the cross) I'll draw all men to me". If the jews had recieved him this would not have happened.
This saying/prophecy is true because he is talked about with both hate and love. Yet the focus is on him and just about every nation and tounge has heard of him.

King David Said: "My lord, said to my lord...." Talking/prophesying of Jesus coming through his blood line. This is the promise God gave to King David that his "seed" will rule Israel "forever" and it will, through Jesus. Mary Jesus's mother was a daughter of the house of David.

Prophecy of the old is the ground work for the new. If they had understood the prophecies in the old the new would have never happened. Because they would have heard and understood Jesus.

But the second coming of Christ is what the Jews thought the first coming would be like. There understanding was not open.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

In what way did I say, it was wrong?

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Amen! Or Stoned to death by others that have sinned.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join