Christians cant eat lobster, wear polyester, wear gold, eat rabbit, have tattoos, get divrced, have

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Polyester SHOULD be a sin.. and outlawed.. in any religion or culture. It all started with the leisure suit...

I do wonder what the obsession is with trying so hard to disprove the bible and bash on Xtians is all about. Gee, if that was done to.. lets say ISLAM and MUSLIMS.. it would be just terrible and met with anger and PC police sirens.
Anyway, who cares. Let people believe what they wish. 2 things I cant stand are PC police and the Thought Police demanding groupthink and that everyone who deosnt think like them is defective or stupid, or hypocritical or believes in fairy tale things. Im not even a Xitan and I can comprehend the new covenant made and all of that in the NT. **shrug**

Where does a thread like this belong on ATS?? Rants IMO. This is exactly the same as the homosexual bash threads and any other thread that demands you think or believe a certain way or its okay and acceptable to bash and ridicule. Just silly IMO.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

I will let people believe and do as they want as long as it is not trying to take away the human rights of others.
I have just as much of a problem with Muslims trying to destroy some human rights of certain people as I do with fundamentalist Christians.

If people just sat by and watched as people did things they don't believe in then America would still be living in an apartheid.

I support fundamentalist Christians right to believe what they want as much as I would defend my right to voice my concern that their views and actions are effecting people around them.

edit on 5-8-2012 by b14warrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

I agree with your polyester comments. I was going to add in any sans-a-belt type pants but they have made a comeback so I might offend someone.

CJ

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bodhi7
reply to post by murphy22

So then why are there direct quotes in the bible with Jesus saying to still follow the old law?

Because Jesus had not yet been crucified and resurrected. Israel was still under the old covenant.

The claim that christians aren't supposed to follow the old law is false and a cop out to avoid living such a strict life.

If that were true, Paul wouldn't have been teaching that circumcision was no longer profitable. He also wouldn't have told them that eating meat sacrificed to idols was no big deal under the right circumstances. These two teachings alone would have gotten him stoned under the old covenant. And come to think of it, they did a few times by those who would not accept the new covenant.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Very little of the old testament applies to you. Unless you are a jew. But there were many prophecies that related to the new testament.

When Moses asked god before going back to Egypt "Who shall I say sent me?" God said "Tell them, I am, sent you" (Old testament)

When the Jews asked Jesus "You are young. Do you know Moses? Jesus Replied, "Before Moses was, I am." In onother verse Jesus replied, "I am, that I am."

There are many other things in the old testament and the new tesament that prove each other.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

“For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass the law until all is accomplished. Whoever then relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but he who does them and teaches them shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.” (Matthew 5:18-19 RSV) Clearly the Old Testament is to be followed until the end of human existence itself.

The original Messianic prophecies given to the jewish people even said that when god came to earth, one of the requirements to prove his validity was that he would not try to abolish the old law in any way. (It also said he would not die under ANY circumstance or be proven a fraud, but that's a whole different discussion.)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Very little of the old testament applies to you. Unless you are a jew.

So Jews are special in God's eyes, then? He actually picks favorites and decides "You guys get the shorter end of the stick because I like you"?

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by b14warrior

I will let people believe and do as they want as long as it is not trying to take away the human rights of others.
I have just as much of a problem with Muslims trying to destroy some human rights of certain people as I do with fundamentalist Christians.

If people just sat by and watched as people did things they don't believe in then America would still be living in an apartheid.

I support fundamentalist Christians right to believe what they want as much as I would defend my right to voice my concern that their views and actions are effecting people around them.

The christians on here are harming you by believing? Or is it simply easier to attack strangers anonymously? If you want to make a difference with all of these horrible human rights violations by the xtians and all other groups you disagree with, then get off of here and do it. Here, youre simply fulfilling your need to bash people without doing any work and then telling yourself youre doing something good. You ARE sitting by and doing nothing. Babbling on here and attacking your fellow members accomplishes nothing. You mentioned things they did contrary to the bibles edicts. Wearing polyester may be a deadly fashion sin, but I dont think its a human rights violation. last I checked anyway.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens

I agree with your polyester comments. I was going to add in any sans-a-belt type pants but they have made a comeback so I might offend someone.

CJ

The more I thnk about it, people wearing tight polyester just might really be a human rights violation. My mind and eyes are violated every time I see things shoved into 2 sized too small polyester. Dont even get me on the death of civilization when they thought that polyester was a great material for panties.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

The christians on here are harming you by believing? Or is it simply easier to attack strangers anonymously? If you want to make a difference with all of these horrible human rights violations by the xtians and all other groups you disagree with, then get off of here and do it. Here, youre simply fulfilling your need to bash people without doing any work and then telling yourself youre doing something good. You ARE sitting by and doing nothing. Babbling on here and attacking your fellow members accomplishes nothing. You mentioned things they did contrary to the bibles edicts. Wearing polyester may be a deadly fashion sin, but I dont think its a human rights violation. last I checked anyway.

Never said wearing polyester was a sin. Was bringing that up to make the point that many people are taking things out of the historical context of the day. I personally don't believe that any of those are a sin.

Also never said that anybody on here was harming me or anybody else by believing what they want. I believe that many outside of ATS are harming people by influencing laws and such and they are free to do so as all opinions count, even those which I find abhorant but I am am also able to refute such opinions.
The point of me posting this up here was to have a discussion, some debate, an exchange of opinions and at times agreement.
All of which we are having

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Bodhi7

Show me were it tells Christians to follow the ten comandments. And why just the ten? There are many more laws in the old testament.
There is no place it says to follow the ten comandments. I know it doesn't say that for us gentiles! But there are some laws carried over to Christians from the Mosaic law, ie.. Thou shalt not.... commit adultry, lay with beast, man with a man, so on and so forth......But this is in the new and old testament. I think god summed it up when he says "These things I hate..."

You also have to have an understanding that the bible says if you use the law as a defence, you will die by the law or be judged by it. Only because man can not live by the law. They just can't. There is none good but god, no, not one.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by b14warrior

wow just like Muslims my brother is Christian and he keeps saying we are nothing like Muslims but its there in the book , you know he has had that bible for years and he still hasn't finished reading it

were can i find the film ,'For The Bible Tells Me So'

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Very little of the old testament applies to you. Unless you are a jew

Then why include it in my bible?

CJ
edit on 5-8-2012 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I ones had a fellow tell me the bible said, "Spare the rod, spoil the child" Then ask me, "What god would tell you to beat your child? Well for one, the saying itself doesn't say anyting about beating. For two? The bible does not say that, any place!

People say stuff they hear and assume because someone said it was in there, that it's true. The bible does not say that any place.
It does say, "Foolishness is in the heart of a child, but the rod will drive it far from him."

Still, says nothing about beating.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Here is a fact. Leviticus was written to explain the Levites who were a particular tribe of Israelite. It was never for all Jews. Now these Levites havd certain priestly duties (i.e. they had certain religious duties) which forbade then from doing certain acts. If the author of the OP wishes to quote the Bible they should at least try to understand the context of the people they are refering to. Leviticus NEVER applied to all Jew much less modern Xtians as it is in the Old Testament.

Also

Looking at the Social and genetic considerations please understand that allergies are genetic and can run in families/tribes so it is possible that the dietary taboos could have come from genuine allergies that and paced through the familiy gene pool.

I have no proof and I wasn't there but iti is worth a thought.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I guess you could say early on? Yes. But even then there were people of the gentiles among the jews that followed there laws.

I am not god, I'm not going to say who was, is or isn't saved. Not my place. Do I believe they were the chosen people, Yes. For their time, they were.

The bible also covers this question, telling how the tree of the gentiles was "grafted" in.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by b14warrior
reply to post by FidelityMusic

If fundamentalist Christians did not persecute and try to stop homosexuals gaining human rights then I would let them be.
I have not started a thread about Bhudists or Sikhs. Why? Because they don't try to stop others from living how they chose.

Fundamentals are the underlying basis and foundation of anything. Therefore a 'fundamentalist Christian' are those who hold to the fundamentals of God's words and faith in Him in/through Christ Jesus. Your post therefore is aimed at only us, not any Christian who chooses to live and accept a modern man made version of the gospel. If you cannot understand the prohibition against mixing linen and wool (by believing that Christians who wear polyester are somehow breaking His commands), then how will you ever understand why the Holy Spirit inspired scriptures declare that a man laying with another man is an abomination to Our Creator? In other words, if you are holding to one wrong interpretation, how can you be so insistent that those pushing the acceptance of sodomy and homosexuality today on to the descendants of Christians are right and fundamental Christians are in the wrong? Perhaps you cannot see that the same group is very happy for you to believe that a sexual practice is grounds for 'human rights' because they themselves full well know the importance of ritual sodomy and know that you do not. They count on you never understanding why secret and mystery schools base their rituals on sodomy and that you would never accept it unless they can repackage it as a 'human right'. See, they are happy for you to believe that Christians 'persecute' homosexuals because it allows their worship practices to become accepted by society. They are happy for you to never understand that evidence exists of rampant sodomy, beastiality and sacrifice in many failed and destroyed ancient civilisations. Understanding the connection to today should be of interest to you, but sadly, it isn't. Their symbols are declaring themselves at every turn, indoctrinating you into their religion and worship practices, and since you reject the Creator of Heaven and Earth, they own you. Instead, you believe them and reject the God of Truth as a liar and His faithful as "silly".

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by b14warrior

Your ignorance of Christianity is astonishing.

But the question I want you to answer is What has your anger at Christians got to do with conspiracies? Fair enough, you want to make a fool of yourself by highlighting your misunderstanding of freedom in Christ, but where does that fit in with conspiracy theory?

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Since you choose "shellfish" as the flagship of your rant...

Let me just say, shellfish is disgusting and no one should be eating it period. I stopped eating pork about 2 years ago, and I've never eaten shellfish. I have tried it, but never liked it anyway.

---
I have a short story to tell you:

My grandmother used to live in a coastal fishing village. One day, while browsing the menu at a local restaurant, she was told that... If a fisherman goes overboard, and drowns, the townspeople do not eat shellfish (Lobster, etc.) for at least a few months .. or more.. Because if they do, they would be eating their drowned friend.

Shellfish are the bottom-feeders of the ocean. There are fewer places on Earth that are more vile, wretched and filthy than the bottom of the ocean.

As for pigs. Everyone knows they're filthy, some people refuse to eat pig flesh for that reason alone. Pigs emulate shellfish in their eating habits. They eat just about anything, and roll in their feces and urine while they do it.

What really turned me off to pork though, is how Pig flesh is very similar to human flesh. As far as the animal kingdom is concerned, pigs share the closest resemblance to human flesh, the last I checked. I really thought about this one day after reading about cannibalism, and eating a piece of bacon. I wondered why we, humans, think bacon tastes so special, even though it's really simple. It seemed more horrible, the longer I thought about it. Thus I no longer eat pork.

I stray away from meat in general now, anyway. Mostly because of factory farming. I'm likely to go full vegetarian soon as the alternatives are few..

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Bodhi7

“For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the law until all is accomplished. Whoever then relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but he who does them and teaches them shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.” (Matthew 5:18-19 RSV) Clearly the Old Testament is to be followed until the end of human existence itself.

A very good quote. This must be one of the most misunderstood verses in the bible. But lets quote all of it, shall we? Matt 5:17-19

Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall In no wise pan from the law, till all be fulfilled. Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven (Matt. 5:17-19).

So here we see that Jesus repeated what God had already established. The law was perpetual and never-ending. But what does the bible say about the fulfillment of the law?

Romans 10:4

4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

Hebrews 8:7-13

7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.
8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:
9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.
10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: 11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.
12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.
13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

Galatians 3:23-25

23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.
24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

Galatians 3:10 and 13

10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

So Christ fulfilled and completed the demands of the Mosaic law, which called for perfect obedience under threat of a curse. Only by fulfillment of the old covenant law could God institute a new covenant. It could not be abolished, it had to be completed. Which it was.

edit on 8/5/2012 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join