It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Tase 12-Year-Old Girl Inside Clothing Store

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

If the 12 year old girl became violent with a police officer, I personaly do not care if she was tazered, I understand she is only 12 but does that exempt her from punishment?, I dont think so.

I cannot in any way fathom a policeman walking into a store and doing this:

Hello mam, youv not paid these, theres a warrant, unfortunatly im gonna have to arrest you, get you down to the station untill you basicaly pay the fines or see a judge. Oh by the way, is that your daughter there browsing in the shop? TAZERED.

Since when are the police authorized to punish anyone? Their responsibility is to enforce the law. Not play judge. jury and executioner. If the child were in the wrong the child could have been restrained or apprehended. Instead you have a grown man tazering a child and you approve. You better hope you NEVER break even the smallest of laws because I would absolutely uphold and support the most brutal police treatment for you.

As for the mom, well look, she knowingly decided not to pay fines to the point where she would likely know there is infact a warrant out for her arrest. Because of that her daughter has been placed in a situation involving the police. Is that what her mother wants her daughters to see is it?, her getting carted off the police?, thats nice, real good parenting that.

As if the mother actually chose to be served a warrant or arrested while in the store...... You now pass judgement on the woman's ability to parent. Perhaps you feel the government should just raise her child for her.

Point is the the LEO in this case is an incompetent buffoon that doesn't know how to deal with a situation without escalating to the use of potentially deadly force.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I agree I was not there but can rest assured that if that was my child there be one dead cop.

2nd

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Doom and Gloom

You better hope you NEVER break even the smallest of laws because I would absolutely uphold and support the most brutal police treatment for you.

I would have maybe expected this sort of attitude in Nazi Germany, or the deep south, but in todays world?

Nice attitude on life you have there buddy, hope those jack boots fit nice and snug.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Murad

I only mirror your thoughts and beliefs, perhaps you do not even understand your own supportive position regarding the use of excessive force by the police officer. I DO NOT condone the behavior of this police officer, but since you support it, I will support it to be used for your minor infractions only.
edit on 1-8-2012 by Doom and Gloom because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

So you are suggesting assaulting a police officer and interfering with an arrest is a minor infraction?

Now, call me naive, im not a police officer, a lawyer or a judge or anything, but im pretty sure thats more than just a minor infraction, infact im pretty sure thats the sort of thing, that, if you were of an adult age gets your ass thrown into jail.

Perhaps you may just have a more liberal approach to the law than I do, but in any society, anywhere in the world, Im pretty certain thats a BAD thing to do.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Honey, where I am from, a 12 yo girl will whoop your behind into next Tuesday. They are gang members at that age too.

edit on 1-8-2012 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murad

You better hope you NEVER break even the smallest of laws because I would absolutely uphold and support the most brutal police treatment for you.

I would have maybe expected this sort of attitude in Nazi Germany, or the deep south, but in todays world?

Nice attitude on life you have there buddy, hope those jack boots fit nice and snug.

Actually, police tasering 12 year old girls would fit right in with Nazi Germany.

Regrettably you are too domesticated to realize this.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

So you are suggesting assaulting a police officer and interfering with an arrest is a minor infraction?

What I am stating is that the officer had OTHER methods to deal with the 12 year old assailant than potentially lethal force.

Now, call me naive, im not a police officer, a lawyer or a judge or anything, but im pretty sure thats more than just a minor infraction, infact im pretty sure thats the sort of thing, that, if you were of an adult age gets your ass thrown into jail.

If the child's actions warranted apprehension then so be it, hitting someone with 50,000 volts is FAR more severe than an emotionally traumatized 12 year old girl trying to prevent you from arresting her mother. Have you even thought to consider the impact of the situation on the child? I would imagine that she was afraid that her mother was being taken from her and did not grasp the gravity of the situation. Humans have emotions especially children.

Perhaps you may just have a more liberal approach to the law than I do, but in any society, anywhere in the world, Im pretty certain thats a BAD thing to do.

I am the last person you could call liberal. I strongly oppose idiot cops running around thinking they are not accountable for their brutish behavior and treating citizens of the country like crap.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

Originally posted by Murad

Actually, police tasering 12 year old girls would fit right in with Nazi Germany.

Regrettably you are too domesticated to realize this.

Funny how he tried to flip his stance and demonize me for advocating him being treated the same as the little girl.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

Honey, where I am from, a 12 yo girl will whoop your behind into next Tuesday. They are gang members at that age too.

I would like to see a side by side pic of the tasing officer and the girl. She doesn't look very threatening to me whatsoever. A man of the law should be able to subdue a little girl without using a taser which can kill people, it kills grown men, it's a proven fact.

Deaths and injuries related to Taser use

While their intended purpose is to circumvent the use of lethal force such as guns, the actual deployment of Tasers by police in the years since Tasers came into widespread use is claimed to have resulted in more than 180 deaths as of 2006

That's from 2006 and I can think of many more since then.

In my opinion the whole "where I'm from" excuse is a lame cop out as a justification for this incident.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
People have forced cops to do things like this, with people taking the cops to court over every little thing there is not much the cops can do. If the cops try to restrain her every ache would be a said to be a broken bone or a sprain by a personal injury attorney. With a tazer it is painful as hell but it saves the city in the long run. This is just a case of society getting exactly what is deserves.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Im more of the opinion a child should be held accountable for there actions. If I chose to attack a police officer while he was carrying out an arrest, and he tazerd me, I would not be entirely surprised with this outcome. Why is a child exempt from a course of action that would be appropriate for an adult?

The potential lethality of tazers, well thats a debate all in itself really, but as it stands, thats the tools they are given, they will use them, under a totaly naive premise, perhaps but they will use them, pretty much in accordance with the law.

Is there a law against tazering a child? I dont think so.

Have you even thought to consider the impact of the situation on the child? I would imagine that she was afraid that her mother was being taken from her and did not grasp the gravity of the situation. Humans have emotions especially children.

Sure, but its really the mothers responsibility to consider this and take action, she didnt, she allowed her daughter to be put in this situation, simple as that, shes a bad parent. And now because of this the child will more than likely grow to distrust police officers and the law in general.

There is also the matter of what actualy happened is unkown, so again I would be very wary before judging anyone in this situation until the fact of the matter was known.

Funny how he tried to flip his stance and demonize me for advocating him being treated the same as the little girl.

No i didnt that is completely erroneous and pretty much a lie.

You suggested police brutality over minor infractions of the law, I suggest tazering people for committing something that globaly is accepted and treated as a major and serious offense.
edit on 1-8-2012 by Murad because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

Originally posted by nixie_nox

I would like to see a side by side pic of the tasing officer and the girl. She doesn't look very threatening to me whatsoever. A man of the law should be able to subdue a little girl without using a taser which can kill people, it kills grown men, it's a proven fact.

Deaths and injuries related to Taser use

While their intended purpose is to circumvent the use of lethal force such as guns, the actual deployment of Tasers by police in the years since Tasers came into widespread use is claimed to have resulted in more than 180 deaths as of 2006

That's from 2006 and I can think of many more since then.

In my opinion the whole "where I'm from" excuse is a lame cop out as a justification for this incident.

Look into the eyes of that little girl, she is more dangerous than Rambo. I have personally seen a smaller 12 year old girl beat up two cops. Vicious creatures, I tell you. There is no restraining them. Nice girls, they don't battle the cops.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
No 12 year old deserves to be tased for defending their mom. Cops are getting a bit too handy with their little toys. I believe many are afraid of getting their butt kicked. A lot of officers you see are 50lbs over weight, gasping for air after running half a block. Hopefully security cameras caught the whole thing. If he's found to have improperly used force, I hope he'll lose his job or at the very least demoted to a desk job. But, we all know that'll never happen. If there are so many good cops, why aren't they doing something about their abusive associates? When the "good" ones start taking up for the citizen getting beat, instead of joining in, I may start to trust them.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

It is sad that you are right.I remember that I was still playing
with barbie dolls at her age.How the times have changed and
not for the better.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

The lamentings of a middle class suburbanite.

If you think that just because she is a 12yo girl, that she is innocent or harmless, you have another think coming.

12 yo pushes teacher

12 yo arrested for drug possession

12 yo arrested for arson

Ohio teen suspected as drug czar

Juvenile crime in Anne Arundel County has gotten so bad that the state's attorney has formed a team of three prosecutors to focus on young offenders in an effort to get them off the street.Frank R. Weathersbee, the state's attorney, announced the formation of the Juvenile Trial Team yesterday. "By creating a trial team, we are responding to the increased numbers of petitions and [juvenile] arrests," he said.Assistant State's Attorney Thomas J. Pryal will head the team. Joining him will be Gene Whissel and Larry Caporale.

articles.baltimoresun.com...

While crime in the District is generally decreasing, crimes committed by juveniles remains a significant problem across many DC neighborhoods. Some crimes committed by juveniles appear to be growing in their intensity and violence.

greaterwashington

On average, juveniles were arrested for violent robberies or carjackings at least once a day last year, an almost 50 percent increase from 2007. During the same time, juvenile arrests for riding in stolen cars, a nonviolent crime, dropped by more than 60 percent.

washington post

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
let's face it, the cop/public relationship is at an all time low. in truth, i don't know enough about this specific incident to be certain of what happened. however, i do believe that the taser has become a means of controlling 'uppity' citizens, rather than a last step (before gunfire) with which a police officer may attempt to quell a situation.
if an arresting officer is under no physical threat then the taser should not be used in my opinion. the potential consequences (many people have died as a result of being tasered) outweigh the need for deployment.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

I was a pretty bad kid at 12 years old, and so are some of the examples of what you listed.

But what does any of those links have to do with this 12 year old getting tased by a grown man. We don't know if she was a gang member or a drug king pin. I understand the point you are trying to make but it does not apply to this situation. Even if this 12 year old girl was a drug kingping as you might be suggesting, he used potential lethal force when it was probably not needed.

This girl must weigh less than 90 pounds (give or take) and I'm willing to bet the arresting officer was at least twice her weight. I can't prove this but it's highly probable.

Are you saying cops have the right to go around tasing 12 year old girls because other 12 year olds have done bad things in the past? I certainly hope that is not the logic that you possess.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Grown man can't handle a 12 yr old girl? As a cop who is arresting, i don;t care if she is my height/weight, i will either knock her to the floor or put her in a lock where she would not move unless she wants to feel more pain.

I think even if a 12yr old girl is mastered kung fu, i think i can overpower her with just my 180 pounds force. Thats what.. grade 7?

Using a Taser as a first defense only failed excuse for a humans would use.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Is it so hard to believe that while trying to arrest the mother the girl attacked the officer, which likely caused the mom to resist further etc etc?

This is a case where I have to side with the officer .. and very rarely do.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join