It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Tase 12-Year-Old Girl Inside Clothing Store

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Does the store not have a surveillance camera? Considering the girl was in Victoria's Secret, the police might have assumed her to be older than twelve. That's probably not the case though, considering she looks young and she was with her mother. If she was physically getting involved, like others said, I don't see why he couldn't just hold her down along with her mom.
I think some police in general are getting to be abusive with tasers. A fourteen year old girl was tased in her head, and a pregnant woman was tased three times for speeding.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
tasing 12 year olds... whats next shooting granny because she didnt produce her papers fast enough for the gestapo ?

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I don't think we can really say, or at least I can't, how justified this may or may not have been. No pics, no certainty.

Now I DO know I am reading stories in the news daily about kids this age beating and even killing adults and it's getting to be entirely routine. I don't know how big a threat she may have been, but that's the problem. No tape to view.

She was hit in the chest it seems, so she was facing straight on...without that video, was she charging? Menacing in some other way?

Now..OF COURSE a full grown adult can take down and subdue a 12 year old. thats absurd to suggest inability had anything to do with it. Liability has everything to do with most of these decisions though, in my opinion. How banged up would she have needed to get in subduing if she was fighting hard and trying to protect Mamma in some misplaced since of something? A 12 year old bloodied and bruised isn't better is it? If she was fighting...and again.. hey, No tape..and of course the family will be 100% honest every time....err... anyway, it could have been as simply as, she's getting taking down by force and hurt or she's going over like a falling tree on a taze shot. The kid may have come out much better this way, depending on what we don't know.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I am pretty sure I know what will happen to the police officer!

6 week suspension with pay enjoy Hawaii!

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
When i see news like this , I like to try and imagine what would have happened if this was a little white girl instead of a little black girl.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
These are the stories that boil my blood. Being as this is my first post, I will leave my opinions of the people in that store out of this for now.

It's like over here, a pig (in battle gear, balaclavas and hidden identification) pushes a random chap trying to get home, over, he falls, later dies - Murdered, and the copper gets off with a wink and a smile. What do the general populace do? Sweet f.a.

Seriously people, where have (y)our balls gone. You stand there and let a grown man plow 50,000 volts into a child, then continue shopping.

Were the police going to arrest this woman? Take her away? (where would the child go? Would they just leave her there) That was the second thing to come to mind when reading this. The first being if this was done in my presence, it wouldn't turn out well for me, but I would at least get a good few punches in first.

As for those in this thread condoning these actions, or at the least rationalizing the officers actions. (shrugs) I just hope you are older than I, because if these are the sentiments of a newer generation, we are truly F***ED as a species.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murad
whos to say the 12 year old didnt deserve it?

WHAT?!?!?!?!?

On what planet do you live where it is right in any way, shape or form to taze a bloody 12 year old?

That is sick mate, pure and simple.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE
Criminal Mum is more than likely to raise a Criminal Child.

I see it all the time. Bet that child did something that we just aren't hearing about... Taze them all.

I vote you go first.

Pass me the tazer someone, I'm going to enjoy this.....

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

reply to post by Doom and Gloom

I would have maybe expected this sort of attitude in Nazi Germany, or the deep south, but in todays world?

Nice attitude on life you have there buddy, hope those jack boots fit nice and snug.

Says the guy who advocates tazering a 12 year old child.

Do you salivate at the thought? I would not be surprised....

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
What the heck is wrong with people, does the driving licence revocation or fines for traffic law inflictions not do the better job. But no while serious criminals, murderers and paedophiles are out there alive and well, police goes after ...people with traffic warrants to arrest them at the shopping centre and tasers in the process a 12 years old kid with no weappons.
Not enough non-sense...some people here even think it is ok.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
to stay on top, by the way the girl said " i guess he was scared or something" she most likely was trying to intimidate the cop. also, if he felt "scared or something" maybe he/or she should have used the other gun. since that's the terms for shooting someone in the u.s. correct?? if you feel threatened? but i mean seriously listen to the girl and her mom, they were beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeegging for it

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by NaturalBornLeader

A cop feeling threatened by a 12 years old and a woman at Victoria Secrets carrying no weapons, has definitely the wrong job.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I'm sure if it was a 12 year old white girl from the suburbs you'd all be outraged. #ing disgusting.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by starseedflower
reply to post by NaturalBornLeader

A cop feeling threatened by a 12 years old and a woman at Victoria Secrets carrying no weapons, has definitely the wrong job.

Methinks a better profession for him might include shoveling # out of public toilets.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I just thought I'd add something here....

13 year old nabbed for string of armed robberies

He just turned 13 so most of his stuff was 12 apparently. The little monster has two previous arrests on robbery by the story there. It sounds like he liked riding up on people on his bicycle and then robbing them at gunpoint.

Age doesn't mean NEARLY what it used to. Without a video, this girl may have deserved what she got and more. Or...the Cop may need some criminal charges. All in the context and the facts just aren't there to know, unfortunately. She seems okay, but then I'll bet this little cretin was a nice boy when he wanted to be too. It's just not the same world it used to be.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Years ago police could subdue a suspect without much more than physical effort. It was in their training. Unfortunately now their training includes the taser... of which I think should be more of a second to last method. Children can be killed by tasers, in fact many adults have been permanently damaged or killed by them as well. They're very dangerous tools and whether the girl was being a brat or not does not suffice to the men using that kind of force. Period. It's not the police officer's job to discipline children; but rather uphold the law and to protect.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Frak the internal affairs investigation, what about the CCTV in the store ?

So many police in America seem to be psycopaths, wtf is going on in your country ?

QV.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by CX
After personal experience of 9 years police service, and 7 years of looking after kids up to 16 years old with very challenging behaviour (which often involved restraint techniques being used), i have to say that if a police officer cannot arrest a 12 year old girl or boy without tazing them there is something seriously wrong.

I try not to make judgement on police situations if i was not there, but there is a serious lack of communication and gradualy increased levels of restraint in the police at times.

The only time i would even think of pulling a tazer on a 12 year old is if they had a gun, or maybe a knife. Do police these days have so little training in arrest and restraint that they have to shoot everyone now?

CX.
edit on 1/8/12 by CX because: (no reason given)

It is not like this is some angel from the suburbs. Ghetto trash grow up quick. I have seen many that age wipe the floor with adults.

GS

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

whos to say the 12 year old didnt deserve it?

WHAT?!?!?!?!?

On what planet do you live where it is right in any way, shape or form to taze a bloody 12 year old?

That is sick mate, pure and simple.

Who is to say the 12 year old doesn't go for the cops gun while he is trying to restrain the mother. Children almost always will try and defend their parents against other people.

Victoria's Secret has surveillance, lets see some footage.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by GermanShep

Originally posted by CX
After personal experience of 9 years police service, and 7 years of looking after kids up to 16 years old with very challenging behaviour (which often involved restraint techniques being used), i have to say that if a police officer cannot arrest a 12 year old girl or boy without tazing them there is something seriously wrong.

I try not to make judgement on police situations if i was not there, but there is a serious lack of communication and gradualy increased levels of restraint in the police at times.

The only time i would even think of pulling a tazer on a 12 year old is if they had a gun, or maybe a knife. Do police these days have so little training in arrest and restraint that they have to shoot everyone now?

CX.
edit on 1/8/12 by CX because: (no reason given)

It is not like this is some angel from the suburbs. Ghetto trash grow up quick. I have seen many that age wipe the floor with adults.

GS
I'd like to know how you were able to determine that the little girl that was shot with a tazer lived in a ghetto and was trash....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join