It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Tase 12-Year-Old Girl Inside Clothing Store

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

WOW I can't believe how many members are saying she must of deserved it, this is out rageous ats members, stop it now for goodness sake, she could of died who DESERVS that I can't believe what some of these posts are saying tase them all disgusting people.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by GermanShep

Originally posted by CX
After personal experience of 9 years police service, and 7 years of looking after kids up to 16 years old with very challenging behaviour (which often involved restraint techniques being used), i have to say that if a police officer cannot arrest a 12 year old girl or boy without tazing them there is something seriously wrong.

I try not to make judgement on police situations if i was not there, but there is a serious lack of communication and gradualy increased levels of restraint in the police at times.

The only time i would even think of pulling a tazer on a 12 year old is if they had a gun, or maybe a knife. Do police these days have so little training in arrest and restraint that they have to shoot everyone now?

CX.
edit on 1/8/12 by CX because: (no reason given)

It is not like this is some angel from the suburbs. Ghetto trash grow up quick. I have seen many that age wipe the floor with adults.

GS

Wow I'll give you credit for being openly racist unlike some of the other members in this thread. So just because she's black she's ghetto trash, do you know the girl and not just jumping to conclusions based on your racist tendencies?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
I'm disgusted by the large amount of posters who are blaming the child for her mother's actions.

Sure the mom had some unpaid traffic tickets and brought her daughter to Victoria's Secret, but you are advocating the tasing of a 12 year old girl since she had a "horrible mother".

No we are blaming the 12 year old. If she interfered she deserved it. I am not saying what she did do, I am saying IF she did, she got what was coming. The truth will come out. I find it highly unlikely the child was on the sidelines and was still tased. If that happened the cop should be fired.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by DaRAGE

YES I DO because more and more reports are appearing about children being zapped. The taser is meant to replace a gun in a life threatening situation... There was none here.

Since it is so justified I just hope some day your children suffer because you, not because I want them harmed, but, so that you have some understanding.....

I used to feel privileged being a member here. With the responses I read I am ready to break down and cry. I promise you my fallen brothers in Nam thought we were protecting our countrymen from this kind of treatment after all is this not the reason we fight communism? What is worse is the people here who support this kind of LEO practice. Our time served was a wasted.

second line.

I was just going to say "Yes" but had to say more as I am very upset after reading this posters idea of how to treat 12 year old girls. I honestly hope DaRage this happens to your family.... in front of YOU!

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Why do people here think tasers are for those that are just "belligerent" or "unruly". They are supposed to be used in situations that could be life-threatening to the officer or people involved. You don't just deploy a taser because the person "is not listening".

The taser isn't a little zap. If you people had any clue how much pain it caused, and understood the risks in employing a taser on something with an active circulatory system, you wouldn't be running your stupid ignorant mouths.

Do I get to walk around with a taser and start zapping the piss out of people who are "unruly" and don't "listen to me". If not, then tell me why?

Honestly, I like cops. I think a modest, highly functional, well organized and community friendly police force is critical for any community. You can wear a badge without being a knuckledragger, it's not hard. Really, if you can't hack it as a functioning human-being in a professional manner while wearing a badge, then you need to just turn it in and walk away. You will end up dead or in court by a probability of 100% due to your inability to defuse situations and assess risk properly.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04
No we are blaming the 12 year old. If she interfered she deserved it. I am not saying what she did do, I am saying IF she did, she got what was coming. The truth will come out. I find it highly unlikely the child was on the sidelines and was still tased. If that happened the cop should be fired.

You have what's coming to you also, Mr. I only operate on the lowest frequency possible. Try to survive the crucible, mkay?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
you know we live in a police state when: they say an officer acted accordingly for using a taser on a 12 year old.
i'm sure if the story is true, there are quite a few witnesses from the store who can collaborate the story.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Everyone on this thread is being ridiculous.

No footage of events = everyone shut your rhetoric holes.

Firstly

There absolutely is a reason to tase a 12 year old. Going for a weapon would be a perfect example. But thats right there is no footage.

Secondly

There are a couple sides to racism. Running around screaming that people with dissenting views on an issue makes them racist is just as racist as being a member of the kkk. From what I've read there was nothing racial about this thread until some absolute fool accused a member of being racist.

Thirdly

My opinion? Probably heavy handed. But hey I'm not a cop, i wasnt there, i dont even know what actually happened as there is no video. So you know what? I probably shouldnt even have an opinion. Chill the f out people.
edit on 2-8-2012 by conspiracyrus because: (no reason given)

I just want to add.... You complete buffoons who are calling out these rhetorical lines "if it had been a white girl". You are why there is no progress in racial understanding and tolerance. You should be ashamed of yourself.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Yesterday, when I first saw this story, I began reading the facebook comments attached. Employees of the VS shared what they witnessed. The mother and girl were with a group of people, all of which were known shop lifters. The group essentially circled the officer and were being threatening and intimidating, etcetera. The girl was the ring leader- and they assumed she was allowed to have full rein by the adults she was with as juveniles get off more lightly. (I'm sorry I can't recall the rest of what they said about the situation.) The employees were sharing that what made it to the news article didn't share much resemblance to what actually occurred. It is on camera. The truth will definitely come out in court and the employees said they would cooperate with authorities.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
OK, so I went and took a look at some of the Facebook comments under the article, and if what I read is true then I take back most of what I have said in this thread....

www.ksdk.com...

First of all, I was there. I work at a store located in front of Victoria's Secret. The so-called "victim" is 15 not 12 & she tried to assault the officer more than once, that is why she was tased twice. Also, the "traffic ticket warrants" the mother had were in all actuality related to serious drug trafficking offenses, which can be found on casenet.com. These two individuals were in the store w/a large group of well known shoplifters, who had the officer surrounded the whole time. Channel 5 news is very irresponsible for broadcasting this story w/o checking the facts first, which would have taken about 2mins.

I still don't like the idea of tasing children but this is a toughie I admit. I'll await video footage before I make a final judgement.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Oh wow now that theres conflicting evidence it would see a perfect time to mention to all the people who were screaming racism that your posts are still up. Might want to delete them.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by LeSigh

Link to FB comments?

Please

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Anyone can easily post what ever they want on FB to influence public opinion, they can also post comments on news articles. Sounds like a a damage control PR campaign. First off I still see no proof of these traffick offenses being "drug trafficking" and I also do not see proof of this 12 year old now being 15. Where is the proof of this.

This is starting to have similarities to a recent race related topic which I won't specify where there was an instant smear campaign against the victim. If you people are going to claim these FB claims as proof, please provide the proof.

If I see the footage and it reflects what the "VS FB" pages say I will change my tone on this but this seems like a bunch of people grasping at straws trying to demonize a 12 year old girl who got tased by the police.

LOL at "known shoplifters".

Come on guys if you want to disprove this story provide the proof.
edit on 2-8-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
BRB going to post on FB as a VS employee claiming to see the whole thing...

See how easy that was?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracyrus
Oh wow now that theres conflicting evidence it would see a perfect time to mention to all the people who were screaming racism that your posts are still up. Might want to delete them.

As of now there is NO conflicting evidence whatsoever, unless you consider FB messages as evidence.

If I posted claims on FB would it therefore be the word of god?

Where is the proof that this girl is 15?

And why would anyone who mentioned race want to delete their posts? My race related posts were related to the posters in this thread not to the actual incident. Due to this public smear campaign that even goes as far as saying this girl was 15 not 12 and was the ring leader of an angry mob of shoplifters I have no choice but to say this whole smear campaign against the 12 year girl may be race related.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Lol... The it is evidence in the fact that it is an alternate view of events. I mean have you anything that refutes this? Granted its not concrete but i find it much more plausible than a cop tazing a 12 year old for crying. Also "trafiic tickets". Lolzers you can look this woman up ... More like drug trafficking.

I dont find anything racial about this story... Or even the begining posts!! Then someone dropped the R bomb and instantly anyone who wanted to tell you guys that no one knows what happened becomes a racist... You guys are a bit sick

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracyrus
Lol... The it is evidence in the fact that it is an alternate view of events. I mean have you anything that refutes this? Granted its not concrete but i find it much more plausible than a cop tazing a 12 year old for crying. Also "trafiic tickets". Lolzers you can look this woman up ... More like drug trafficking.

Even if her mom sold drugs, which no one has proven yet, does that automatically warrant a 12 year old getting tased?

Why would I refute it? There is nothing to go on but FB comments so there is nothing to refute at this point.

You are asking me to refute possibly biased FB comments. Please present me something worth refuting and I will do my best.

Also, if this does turn out to be an "angry mob of shoplifters" attacking a LEO I will apologize since I have no problems admitting when I'm wrong.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

What i am saying is that it is more believable that the entire group of shoppers that were by admission with the person being arrested, crowded an arrest and a child of undetermined age physically assualted the officer. That is much more plausible.

Which also makes tazing the kid slightly more acceptable. If your a cop and you have a group of 5 or 6 impeding an arrest and then your assualted? Im not saying tazing the kid was the right way to go but... I can see how it got to that point

Also sorry if i sounded insulting ... I just get spirited... It is not truly my intent to insult.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by conspiracyrus

I thank you for clarifying your point in more detail. Logically your interpretation of the story is a decent possibility but all we have to go by is these unproven claims from both sides so it's difficult for either of us to prove anything at this point.

My concern is the smear campaign against her mother, and even against the daughter claiming that she is lying about her age which I find to be quite pathetic, not from you but who ever lied about her age. There is no proof of her being 15 that I have seen so far. These simple facts cause me to contemplate the possibility of a smear campaign similar to a recent one that was very popular on ATS.

No worries, you did not seem insulting. As you said you were just spirited as many of us do on topics like this so no need to apologize. I'm known for getting "spirited" as well.

I must admit that if these new revelations are true then it does change the context of the situation but at this point these revelations are nothing but heresay. But it goes both ways and the story from the mother and daughter can be heresay as well. As I said I can admit when I'm wrong but I'm not convinced that this tasing was warranted yet.

I'm going to dig into this in more detail once I have the chance.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join