It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Tase 12-Year-Old Girl Inside Clothing Store

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
They tased her IN THE CHEST.

It could have killed her.

I don't understand the resisting arrest thing. Is it not normal behavior for any animal to try to keep from being put in a cage? Now, I get you shouldn't beat the crap out of a cop trying to do his job, but they USE that so that if you struggle even a bit, they hit you with that charge or taze you, and I just do not think that is right.

I want to ad that Victoria's Secret is definitely marketing to younger kids now - lots of preteen and teen girls love their stuff - they have a big line of cotton "PINK" undies. It is not all racy lingerie for adult women. It is not at all unusual for a girl to be in that store.
edit on 1-8-2012 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Small problem in real life people don't tap out when they feel pain, they are also not always compliant. So if I have somebody in a shoulder lock to restrain them and they keep flailing around thinking they are going to get free. They may not notice the pain or be familiar with the type of pain that is the precursor to a torn ligament in the shoulder. That person struggles just a pit too much or goes in the wrong direction or angle with their body and they will severely damage their shoulder before they even realize it. trust me I did the exact same thing to my should in training once and it took 18 months of sedentary-ness to heal said shoulder and I'm still edgy about putting it under a full load. Shoulder injuries rarely ever fully heal. That person now has the lawsuit of a lifetime to sick on the police and city and ultimately we as citizens will be paying for it.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

??? It doesn't matter where you get tased .. the Volts disperse across your entire body. If you have a heart condition and get tased in the foot, you're just as likely to die of a heart attack during the tasing. It will hurt more where the prongs hit you, naturally, but the actual electric attack is not concentrated.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

One time I - at that time 5'4 and 120 pounds, took down a 6'5 HUGE linebacker sized dude. I managed to get behind him, and do a wrap takedown. That's when you basically grab them with your arms around theirs, then fall back to the ground with them by knocking their knee out, as you hit the ground, you wrap your legs around them and basically hold tight.

It took about 15 minutes for a car with help to get there. I didn't get hurt. He didn't get hurt. He was just really ticked off.

So forgive me if I don't understand why a male cop can't handle a 12 year old girl, even if she looks fairly full grown.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Yes, I know, but usually there are restrictions to hitting someone with a taser in the chest. It is more dangerous.

Taser manufactors say don't aim at chest
edit on 1-8-2012 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Murad

She has to right..because she is black...

Most of the time you post something like this on here...and there is outrage...until people like you show up.

I am pretty freaking sure there is never a good time to taze a child..but idiots like you well...that's a different story..

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murad

There is also the matter of what actualy happened is unkown, so again I would be very wary before judging anyone in this situation until the fact of the matter was known.

But you had no problem demonizing, criticizing and basically finding the child and her mother guilty while defending the LEOs

Does that seem a bit hypocritical to you?

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Why did I know the child was Black
and the debates here are pointless....The undercover racist are gonna support the racist officer who tazed the girl period.Why debate these racist to those on the side of logic...Any 190 pound man could throw that boney girl on a roof let alone restrain her with ease.This officer clearly has the understanding its protocol to use no restraint on certain groups.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Money to spend on fancy underwear but no money to spend on fines she incurred for breaking the law?

I see.

I imagine the stores CCTV will be reviewed in due course to discount anyones version of events. Obviously the police and the wanted criminal will have a different version of events, whos to say the 12 year old didnt deserve it?

Traffic violations. It was a warrant for traffic violations...

Give me a break.

I had one I didn't even know about once. It happened like this: I had originally paid a lawyer to resolve a traffic violation (Speeding maybe?) , but he told me the officer involved would not be attending court for the traffic court, so it would be thrown out.

There was a mix up given that I paid him I thought he would be attending in my place. I was supposed to show I guess, so a warrant was issued and about a year later (Because of no other interaction) it suddenly came up by a very courteous officer. Who issued a bond on site without ever actually "Arresting" me so-to-speak.

In the long run I went to court and it was dismissed. Much ado about nothing.

I don't understand how these issues can lead to such stupid insanity (For both sides involved.)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
this happened because the cop most likely came in and treated a 12 year girl like a hardened latin kings gangbanger, instead of a 12 year old, startled and scared that her mom is being hunted by the cops.

if she was a white suburban kid shopping at the gap, this story would have turned out much, much different, with lots of please's and thank you's exchanged.

edit on 1-8-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

reply to post by Doom and Gloom

So you are suggesting assaulting a police officer and interfering with an arrest is a minor infraction?

Now, call me naive, im not a police officer, a lawyer or a judge or anything, but im pretty sure thats more than just a minor infraction, infact im pretty sure thats the sort of thing, that, if you were of an adult age gets your ass thrown into jail.

Perhaps you may just have a more liberal approach to the law than I do, but in any society, anywhere in the world, Im pretty certain thats a BAD thing to do.

I consider most of their arrests illegal and hope a lot more people do not comply with them at all.
They need to be arrested and I'm no longer willing to passively stand under a corrupt system.

Also I don't OK my representatives and employees to actually arrest people and separate them from family, work if they have it, or school, for unpaid fines.

Fines are absolute usary, and don't seem to hurt the wealthy, and no judge has the right to ever levy a fine.

I don't agree with our political systems or our legal sytems and won't stand under idoits, criminals or demon infested people.

Just completely fed up.
edit on 1-8-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Did anyone notice how the news reporter said "You have warrants out for your arrest so why should we believe you?". It was for traffic violations for # sakes, that jerk wad is obviously trying to spin the story. I tried to keep the race issue out of my OP but due to some of the posts in this thread I'm going to pull that card.

I believe that if this was a white girl many of you would be reacting differently. I would like to know the race of the officer as well. That may help shed light on the situation...even though I'm not committing to race being an issue in the incident, but I am pretty confident race is an issue with a lot of the members posting.

Sorry but that is just an observation of mine and I mean no offense so take it as you will.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

A mother that does not leave their kids in the car while shopping i guess. That in it self is a good thing right..?

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Never underestimate the biting power of a 12 year old.
I had one clamp down on on my arm during a domestic disturbance.
Then mom joined in.
It wasn't pleasant but it got resolved...forcefully on both.
I got stiches and antibiotics for a human bite.
Tasers are a viable alternative.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Cops do the darnedest things.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
If you can not restrain a 12 yo, you suck., If it was Mum and child on to Mr Wimpy then taze Mum and restrain the child. This is just wrong. Neither Mum nor the child were armed. In the end there are not two sides to these stories, there is the cops version and there are lies.

P

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
We have to stand against this. People are being DE-sensitized with people being tasered. Tasering should be the last straw, not using it on people who will not listen. It can kill people, it is lethal force.

If it were a white girl with a soccer mom everyone in this thread would be in an outrage.

edit on 1-8-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Tasing a child is low.
Ok if it's some 6ft5 guy who's built like an absolute tank and out of control.
Gives the police force such a bad image. If you don't comply straight away your gonna get a beat down.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Legion2024

They do have online shopping and mail order for these
types of stores.I like to buy things once in a while

I don't take my grandkids' along with me when I do.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Red and yellow,black and white they are precious in His sight,
Jesus loves the little children of the world.
It is wrong to taser children I don't care what color their skin is!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join