It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Tase 12-Year-Old Girl Inside Clothing Store

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Here is another case of over zealous LEO's not bothering to assess the situation before they react with force on a child. She is 12 years old and the police were there due to a warrant that has been issued on the mother.

A police officer tased a 12-year-old girl inside a Victoria's Secret Wednesday afternoon at South County Center.

Police say the officer came into the Victoria's Secret looking for the teenager's mom, who had warrants for her arrest. But it was the teen who got tased.

"This one goes in my chest. It was stuck in there so she had to keep on pulling trying to pull it out," said Dejamon Baker, as she pointed to a small wound on her chest.

www.ksdk.com...

I won't act like I was there and that I know the whole situation but this certainly appears to be a complete over reaction by the officer. They track the mom down at Victoria's Secret for traffic violations and end up tasing her daughter

A police spokesman says the officer stated the girl was physically getting involved and would not back away, but Dejamon and her mother deny that.

Of course they are trying to blame the 12 year old girl. I hope the Internal Affairs investigation gets to the bottom of this. I wonder whether witness reports will validate the girl's storie or the police. Even if the girl did get physical she is a small 12 year old girl, she could have been restrained without being tased.

Children getting tased seems to be a growing trend. These tasers are known to cause injury and even death. If this girl had a heart condition she could possibly be dead.
edit on 1-8-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: title

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Money to spend on fancy underwear but no money to spend on fines she incurred for breaking the law?

I see.

I imagine the stores CCTV will be reviewed in due course to discount anyones version of events. Obviously the police and the wanted criminal will have a different version of events, whos to say the 12 year old didnt deserve it?

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

edit on 1-8-2012 by Murad because: double post

CX
+16 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
After personal experience of 9 years police service, and 7 years of looking after kids up to 16 years old with very challenging behaviour (which often involved restraint techniques being used), i have to say that if a police officer cannot arrest a 12 year old girl or boy without tazing them there is something seriously wrong.

I try not to make judgement on police situations if i was not there, but there is a serious lack of communication and gradualy increased levels of restraint in the police at times.

The only time i would even think of pulling a tazer on a 12 year old is if they had a gun, or maybe a knife. Do police these days have so little training in arrest and restraint that they have to shoot everyone now?

CX.
edit on 1/8/12 by CX because: (no reason given)

+19 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Murad

Money to spend on fancy underwear but no money to spend on fines she incurred for breaking the law?

Wow!

What does the mom's spending habits have to do with the child being tased by police?

I think you're missing the whole point of the thread. If you want to judge the mom then go ahead, but what are your thoughts about the girl getting tased?

You think she might have deserved it?
edit on 1-8-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

+16 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Murad

I see.

I imagine the stores CCTV will be reviewed in due course to discount anyones version of events. Obviously the police and the wanted criminal will have a different version of events, whos to say the 12 year old didnt deserve it?

you think its ok to taser kids.

nice.

its not any wonder this planet and the human race living on it are on a fast track to complete self destruction.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

The police are way to eager to use their tazers and there is
something wrong with a grown man who can't control a child.
I wonder what kind of mom takes her young child shopping at
Victoria's Secrets anyway?

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

As I said, there isnt enough evidence to really make much of a judgement call, no ones version of events can be trusted unless backed up by more third party eye witnesses, and of course the shops CCTV would be handy. If the 12 year old girl became violent with a police officer, I personaly do not care if she was tazered, I understand she is only 12 but does that exempt her from punishment?, I dont think so.

I cannot in any way fathom a policeman walking into a store and doing this:

Hello mam, youv not paid these, theres a warrant, unfortunatly im gonna have to arrest you, get you down to the station untill you basicaly pay the fines or see a judge. Oh by the way, is that your daughter there browsing in the shop? TAZERED.

Thats fairly psychopathic behavior.

As for the mom, well look, she knowingly decided not to pay fines to the point where she would likely know there is infact a warrant out for her arrest. Because of that her daughter has been placed in a situation involving the police. Is that what her mother wants her daughters to see is it?, her getting carted off the police?, thats nice, real good parenting that.

Who knows though, at least the mom will get a nice settlement if she afford a good lawyer, probably not though.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Criminal Mum is more than likely to raise a Criminal Child.

I see it all the time. Bet that child did something that we just aren't hearing about... Taze them all.

+12 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE
Criminal Mum is more than likely to raise a Criminal Child.

I see it all the time. Bet that child did something that we just aren't hearing about... Taze them all.

Yeah sure, blame the kid for her mom's traffic tickets

This has to be one of the most ignorant posts I have seen on ATS

And I have seen quite a few.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

I think to save money the departments aren't teaching most police how to do basic restraints anymore. Also they may be worried about injuring the other person. I mean lets be honest as much as I deplore tasers (been zapped by a stungun once or twice, so I can imagine a taser) the injuries (barring any heart related trauma) will be minor to if I had to use a blood choke or a armbar or shoulder lock on a resisting person. That person has a very good chance of tearing their shoulder and suing the city.

But I agree. Most cops I hang out with off duty don't know squat about basic restraints. It's like the police should at least hire a bouncer to train them how to restrain or handle resisting aggressive people.

Also, ever been to a gun range lately and watched a cop shoot? Pretty sad. I think most cops discharge their sidearm at a range for practice maybe twice a year. Putting 200 rounds down range a year is not nearly enough to get competant at shooting. It's not even enough to be able to shoot straight.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
maybe they felt threatened because she was black?

police brutality on blacks in not un-common over in the states i hear

anyway it seems either the officer was a wimp who couldn't handle a 12 yr old or

that child had superhuman strength was armed and meant buisiness

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Also if you listen to the video, the mother basicaly contradicts the story that her daughter did not get involved. Listen to it, she states the police officer should have

"had the control to tell her to step back and......"

Now why would the mother say that if her daughter did not get involved with the arrest?

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I'm disgusted by the large amount of posters who are blaming the child for her mother's actions.

Sure the mom had some unpaid traffic tickets and brought her daughter to Victoria's Secret, but you are advocating the tasing of a 12 year old girl since she had a "horrible mother".

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Every week I see stories like this, why?
Why are kids being abused so much by LEO's?

And why are some of you people on the police officer's side when they do these things?
What the Hell is wrong with you people, and what is wrong with our society that this is how we handle things? Tase first, ask questions later. Those tasers CAN KILL PEOPLE!

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

"This one goes in my chest. It was stuck in there so she had to keep on pulling trying to pull it out," said Dejamon Baker, as she pointed to a small wound on her chest.

Looks like cop's Tazermon is more powerful than warrant's Dejamon

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
Yeah sure, blame the kid for her mom's traffic tickets

I'm not blaming the kid for the mums traffic tickets. I'm blaming the kid for doing something stupid enough to get herself tasered. You honestly think the cops go "oh your the child of the woman we are here to arrest on this warrant? ZAP". No reason? Pffft. Don't be so naive. That kid did something and the journalist left some part of the story out to get a better story...

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

I believe the posters you are refering to have Stockholm syndrome. The amount of igorance shown so far in this thread is ridiculous.

Thank you for sharing a voice of reason, I was honestly quite disturbed by some of the comments in this thread so far.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Without a tazer, imagine what would have happened. The "little" girl would have been really bruised up and her clothes would have been torn off. That would make for a louder public outcry. So in this case, the tazer worked well.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murad

Thats fairly psychopathic behavior.

Yes, it was.

I'm sure the poor little LEO was terrified of the big bad 12 yr old girl. Why else would she have been tasered except in self-defense?

J

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join