It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Treasure

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 06:46 PM
link   
The movie tells you in symbolic terms how to get your answers, and that you don't possess knowledge without earning it.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scorpio Shaping Flow
The movie tells you in symbolic terms how to get your answers, and that you don't possess knowledge without earning it.

Unfortunately, the majority of people are way too busy just trying to earn being alive.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 12:23 AM
link   
That is of course by the design of people who do have the time to learn what needs to be learned to survive the next six-thousand years (cosmic scale winter is now upon us - starting in 2001).

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Also, so many of these "busy people" seen to be able to drop hours per day in semi-trance watching tv without any thought.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I enjoyed the movie, it was good, I watched it with my mother. However, I was hoping there would be more about the Masons in there.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Neither the Knights Templar nor the Freemasons were portrayed as bad. And both societies still seem very secretive and peak one's curiousity.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Watched it last Wed.

Great Movie.... that's right... it's a movie... or is it...

Seroiusly, the Masons get some mention in it, which is cool, basically its a treasure hunt... by one good guy one bad guy !

I loved the way that they tied actual events from history into this story and hunt.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   
[font=Tahoma]Very entertaining....it is strictly amusement. Sure, I recognized some of the masonic references, but the overall message was to save family name and honor.

I hope it does stir up some growth in the Masons. In general, I have never heard a substantiated bad word about the work the organization does with and/or for the general populous.

I am not an active mason these days, but I know many who are and the basic premise of the group is in my eyes, still honorable.

FWIW...

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Good fun action flick with limp acting and a requirement for constant suspension of disbelief. Kind of Indiana Jones meets Mission Impossible.

Hollywood and Disney have a penchant for tampering with history, and it is often movies that leave a lasting impression of "what really happened" - look at the furore over JFK and the constant attempts to quash alternative explanations surfacing again.

In the case of National Treasure a naive viewer will be left with these impressions:

* Masonic founding fathers did bad to achieve good and were anti- the nation from which Freemasonry emanated;
* Knights Templar "evolved" into the Craft;
* There is a wealth of artifacts transferred from the KTs to the Masons (!)buried under a Masonic tomb somewhere in a US city.

Maybe it was far too light on the design of Washington DC as a reference point...

Just a flick, but for what purpose...?

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 07:37 PM
link   
it was a good movie, action was kinda cool and the masons were viewed 100% positively. It was mostly about Ben Franklin, I'd give it 8/10

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Can anyone tell me the UK release, or am I spending too much time in the house?

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   
More than anything else, more than anything else: This is a VERY. BAD. MOVIE.

The 'red herring' factor is obvious for sure, but from the word go, everything about this movie is horrid.

The tacked on romantic interest, the foreign bad-guys, plot holes as glaring and giant as a meteor crater - it's all there.

It was hard work to watch, my attention was not held from one scene to the next at all.

A terrible, terrible movie!

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   
And yet most people her still enjoyed it...

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 04:55 AM
link   
i thought it was entertaining, and liked the look of the actress

it is a load of propoganda and they know how kids think nights are noble, hence why they made sure they went right back to when the masons were templars, and left out that the templars were nearly exterminated when executed for homosexuality, occult and devil worship etc only to surface later when supporting the scottish against the british after william wallace died (the mel gibson movie also left that bit out at the end just saying that the scottish won).

I guess since walt disney was a mason, u can't expect anything less that this sorta mind washing content from a disney movie.

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by el_illumbrato
I guess since walt disney was a mason, u can't expect anything less that this sorta mind washing content from a disney movie.

Well, you guessed wrong.
Walt Disney was never a mason.

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by el_illumbrato

it is a load of propoganda

It isn't propaganda, it's a movie, and is fiction. Same thing with "From Hell" with Johnny Depp, where it was pretended that Jack the Ripper was a Mason. When that movie came out, I didn't see many non-Masons rushing to defend Masons against "propaganda"; why is it now, that when a movie comes out that portrays Masonry in a positive light, it becomes a "red herring"? The fact is that both of those movies are simply make believe stories, made for entertainment purposes only. Neither should be confused with the real world.

and they know how kids think nights are noble, hence why they made sure they went right back to when the masons were templars, and left out that the templars were nearly exterminated when executed for homosexuality, occult and devil worship etc only to surface later when supporting the scottish against the british after william wallace died (the mel gibson movie also left that bit out at the end just saying that the scottish won).

It has been demonstrated that the Templars were not Masons, nor were they guilty of the crimes they were accused of. Furthermore, the story of Templars in Scotland is legendary only, with no basis in historical fact.

There are several websites who make this claim, but it is incorrect. Walt Disney was a member of the DeMolay Society while in his teens, but he never became a Mason.

[edit on 9-1-2005 by Masonic Light]

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I watched this movie on the day of it's US release a while back and i thought it was a pretty fun movie to watch, and to tell you the truth it is what led me ot here.
I'm a huge fan of european history and i had read some on the kngihts templar a while back then when i saw the movie it sparked interest on the knights templar again so i started reading tons on them.
It also sparked my interest on who the masons are which led me to do research and find tons of stuff good and bad and then i found this while reading some book on the whole NWO and crap. I tried to find more stuff on the internet and this forum poped up and now here i am lol

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I saw the movie yesterday and thought it was alright.
But what surprised me is that at the end of the movie they make the Masons look like they saved the day. A percentage of the loot goes to Cage and his buddy. LOL!! The reason the treasure was hidden was beacause it was too much for one man to have. Yeah right!

Another thing too.. This is a Walt Disney Picture!!!
Since when are they making family movies about friendly Free Masons?
We all know whats on the dollar bill, and no its not a clue to a treasure man! LOL!!!

[edit on 10-1-2005 by RaDIO_GnOmE]

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by RaDIO_GnOmE
I saw the movie yesterday and thought it was alright.
But what surprised me is that at the end of the movie they make the Masons look like they saved the day.

Actually, NO. Nicholas Cage and his buds are seen to have saved the day.
and the cops arrested the bad guy.
The Mason cop just made a deal with Cage's character to not arrest his butt.
Sorry if that's a spoiler to anyone who hasn't seen the end.

Another thing too.. This is a Walt Disney Picture!!!
Since when are they making family movies about friendly Free Masons?

apparently he had been associated with DeMolay Intl. whe he was younger, so knew that Freemason were a friendly organization. Why shouldn't Disney make a movie with "friendly Freemasons"?

We all know whats on the dollar bill, and no its not a clue to a treasure man! LOL!!!

I sure do know what's on the back of the dollar bill!
Look here... www.geocities.com...

[edit on 1/10/2005 by cotwom]

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Templars are in no way affiliated with the Masonry, the masonry likes to take credit for the reappearance of the Knighthood but it is their desire to tie themselves in connection to the Templars, in order to fulfill some memetic prophecy they believe they need to rush in order to confirm their belief is true and supreme.

There are about 50 different kinds of Knights Templar lodges that do not affiliate that were all started or born out of text book nerds who want to live out their medieval fantasies and lodges with no point...In fact Masonry is like Math courses in the 600s, only for idiots.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join