It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Treasure

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 12:46 AM
link   
There are two shorts on the toob around these parts, the one I see has Illuminati references but no square and compasses. I keep missing the other one my wife tells me about. Fairytales with a conspiracy twist ought to offer some light relief, I hope it's all good.

For something more bizarre than either From Hell (Alan Moore's best work IMHO) and National Treasure, look at what the "Freemasons" do in Anatomie (French/German horror flick) - see it with subtitles, not dubbed.

I have a real treasure that is more valuable Masonically speaking than anything in National Treasure, but I ain't spilling the beans on that...

Ummmm who was the member that so often posted about how bad Nicolas Cage is?

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 01:14 AM
link   
A bunch of masons from my district are going together to see National Treasure this Thursday when it opens...

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 03:10 AM
link   
i watched the trailer and failed to pick up on anything Masonic

probably because im very new to Freemasonry and subsequently dont know much about it at all. i ask what in the trailer was linked to Masonry? if it's too detailed or incredibly simple, so much so that you cant b bothered explaining it all - please provide a few keywords that i can search with on ATS or google.com etc. thanks guys.

[edit on 16-11-2004 by slickis]

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by theron dunn
A bunch of masons from my district are going together to see National Treasure this Thursday when it opens...

I wanna go with you!!!!

I can't wait to see what symbols and "secrets" they tell.

When I saw the ad for this a few months back, I was wondering why Disney had something to do with it. Just a thought I had.

We took the kids to DisneyWorld this last summer. (my first time also)

The kids are posessed!

The "World" was freaky to me. Bad vibe the whole time.

My advice, stay outside of the "World" and just visit the parks.

Stay in Orlando. Kissammee, anywhere!!

Once inside the "World", you are subject to everything Disney, especially the prices!!!

Don't give up your car!!!!!

I felt like robots there, but hey, I am weird anyways!!!

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by slickis

probably because im very new to Freemasonry and subsequently dont know much about it at all. i ask what in the trailer was linked to Masonry? if it's too detailed or incredibly simple, so much so that you cant b bothered explaining it all - please provide a few keywords that i can search with on ATS or google.com etc. thanks guys.

Well, the names they mention as integral to the plot are all masons. In one scene they are examining the back of the Delaration and blow on it, and a square and compass illuminates...

Its SUPPOSED to be heavy on masonic symbolism...

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   
As an amateur hunter of lost mines and buried treasure, I cannot wait to see the film. I am sure it will be totally nonfactual and pure escapist entertainment.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   
G'day from Western Oz.
All this stuff about a movie?
I'm just trying to find out what book the movie was based on. Never heard of a hollywood flick that wasn't taken/stolen from somewhere else. I've found 2 possible authors, Peter Blood or Timothy Kelly or are they the same person? Spent a few hours trying to get a link from author to the movie.
I've always found it better to find the original writing before worrying about what a film script might make of it. So can anyone say who wrote the book and what it's original title is?
Another wee question from my own curiosity, Does the US still use paper money as opposed to the polymer that most western countries like Oz (Australia) use?

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   
i saw the preview of this movie.

what creeps me out the most is that it takes hardcore luciferic ideals and symbols and makes it a damn disney movie! it makes evil look appealing to young people, it even makes a possible serious conspiracy look like aladdin.

i think this is either one of two things. 1) whoever made this movie knows all the hype about NWO/masons/the eye of lucifer on the dollar bill / all the conspiracy stuff online and used it to push a movie (IE make tons of money out of all the urban ledgens and internet sites...which must run into the millions....the net has done 99% of the marketing for this film already!)

2) this is more sinister....maybe the movie is being used because those who may be involved and support the whole "lets take over the world check out your dollar bill its a plan thats been going for a long time" group want to actually counteract the TRUTH that is online and make it a cute little treasure hunt for the next generation?????

either way this movie creeps me out!

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by theron dunn
since he received a dishonrable discharge from the army, and had to fight to get his empire started, and nearly went bankrupt in the process...

Not to be picky, but it was a Bad Conduct Discharge and he eventually framed it and hung it upside down behind his desk. A dishonorable discharge is equivalent to a felony conviction. BCDs are a dime a dozen. Thats what you get when your Battalion Commander gets sick of slapping you with non-judicial punishments for misdemeanor offenses.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I dont recall the dollar bill existing in its present graphical print till the twentieth century, wouldnt it be a little difficult to hide clues on something that did not exist 228 years ago? Or could there be some String Theory in the works here?

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I have seen this movie, its greatly entertaining but i'm not certain how much truths are in it. I look at it as pure entertainment, and BTW it was a pretty good movie IMHO..

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I saw the move, it was alright, but the previews were better (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy). The one thing I didn't like was the fact that they were sayinng the Knights Templar and Freemasons were good. I have one word for this: PROPAGANDA.

[edit on 24-11-2004 by invader_chris]

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by linkagge
I have seen this movie, its greatly entertaining but i'm not certain how much truths are in it. I look at it as pure entertainment, and BTW it was a pretty good movie IMHO..

I haven't seen it yet, but heard it was pretty good. But from what I've heard, it seems mostly fiction. It's true that Washington, Franklin, and many of our other Founding Fathers were very active Masons and were interested in symbolism; the treasure-hiding part is fictional, unless of course the treasure itself is symbolic.

Fiat Lvx.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   
i saw it last weekend and it was not what i was expecting at all. i was at least expecting a disney mock up of conspiracy theories but no. to me it was just a modernized #ty indiana jones with a terrible ending. best part of the movie was the preview for hitchhikers guide to the galaxy.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 07:14 PM
link   
in response to the dollar bill statement, the dollar bill in its present state 228 years ago. But the symbol on the back of it did. That is the symbol created by our founding fathers, most of whom were masons. If you google search like dollar bill and mason at the same time it will give you some awesome info on it

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   
i though seriously that the masons were going through a cutback period? maybe they have to make the name public first. i thought it was funny when none of my friends said they had never heard of the masons when they saw the movie.

so disguise it to the makers as a pro propoganda movie... ??

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by slickis

ack that sucks, because i could have sworn i saw a compass in that trailer flash at the very end. perhaps we saw different trailers. the movie makes brief mention of templars and a few passing references to masons. also if u take the day light savings time thing and add an hour you get 322 instead of 222 (the time the light was supposed to shine through in that steeple so that the next clue would be revealed. the clue subsequently leads them to a MM crypt underneath a church. Skull and bones maybe? stretching it perhaps)

*i guess this film reminds me of the ring hunt we had a while back, i dont know why. maybe just because of the word hunt and treasure.

[edit on 2004-11-25 by NuTroll]

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 05:36 PM
link   
LMAO! C'mon people, it is a movie for crying out loud. Stop whining and crying and get on with your lives. "Oh, no it's not an acurate portration of the Masons, oh boo hoo hoo."

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

Originally posted by linkagge

I haven't seen it yet, but heard it was pretty good. But from what I've heard, it seems mostly fiction. It's true that Washington, Franklin, and many of our other Founding Fathers were very active Masons and were interested in symbolism; the treasure-hiding part is fictional, unless of course the treasure itself is symbolic.

Fiat Lvx.

Without giving away too much there is a quote from the film and I paraphrase. "The treasure is too much for one man and should be shared." After seeing the end of the movie I do think the treasure is symbolism for knowledge. And it's location was symbolic if you think about what the location stands for. Not a bad movie at all. What I read from it, it's time to come clean all you'z illuminated ones and share the treasure.

::waiting patiently::

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Well in all essence the treasure is knowledge. I mean the lost scrolls of Alexandria, and just about everything in there gives us so much about the past.

[edit on 25-11-2004 by branh03]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join