It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can I?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas
I was told by my mother, that some lodges allow you to qualify if you have had past family members as initiates. Is this true, and how would I go about doing such a thing?

The only qualifications are that you be a man*, free born, sound of mind & members, applying under your own free will and accord, that you're of lawful age (usually 18 or 21), not a felon convicted of moral turpitude, and that you believe in a Supreme Being**.

*Some places allow women. Most don't.

**Some places allow atheists. Most don't.

To join, google Grand Lodge of XXXXX where XXXXX is the state you live in. There should be a way to find a local lodge and what nights they meet. Show up. Introduce yourself. Have dinner with them. Get a petition signed, and the first step has been made.
edit on 2012.7.29 by JoshNorton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

Thank you very much for your advice. I will notify you how it goes. To be honest, there is actually a lodge within walking distance from my house.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Interesting thanks for the tips
masson site for Canada Link
i have 3 big lodges near my location but in the country capital only .. still a bit far from me
very tempting because of what you could know if you become a master masson one day
but my guts tell me to resist seeking answers from them

scientology is a branch i think
wouldnt surprise me if Ron the creator of the Battlefield earth
is a master masson that knew a lot of secrets
edit on 7/29/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

That's not accurate, Ben. Scientology is not associated with Freemasonry. And as far as I know L Ron Hubbard was not a mason. I could be wrong about that though.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2

That's not accurate, Ben. Scientology is not associated with Freemasonry. And as far as I know L Ron Hubbard was not a mason. I could be wrong about that though.

I could be wrong about him to .. he is one mysterious man thats for sure
and to enrole so many people giving half of their fortune
very secretive society that when you are high ranked
you get to know stuff about alien and advanced tech
it do sound familiar

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
well if we all came from adam and eve then we all have the same bloodline right? so we can all be masons

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

What does any of that have to do with Masonry and your mommy-issues?

Really? You are the one who believes in fairy-tale beings like the Devil and I am asleep?

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Theres a conditional response that comes into play whenever something like that happens I think

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Pseudo-Active Freemason...
Non-Freemason...
Anti-Freemason...

Do Any Of You Know What Is A "Tarot???"

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

Having family members who were Masons won't necessarily get you into the Fraternity. You still need to go through the regular process as everyone else goes through.

The way our electoral, legislative, judicial, and operating procedures are, it would be near impossible for any group to infiltrate the Fraternity in hopes of usurping power, and bending the Fraternity to their will.

reply to post by Ben81

Oh, you're serious!? BWAHAHAHAHAHA

reply to post by Ben81

So you pull your opinions from pieces of fiction?

There is nothing Satanic about Freemasonry.

reply to post by EnochWasRight

You twist the Bible and history to suit your agenda; blasphemy.

The only enemy to Freemasonry is ignorance, tyranny, and fanaticism.

reply to post by lostjohnny

I have yet to get any discount for being a Freemason. In fact, I've only ever got discounts for being a Veteran. Nor have I ever got out of a speeding ticket for being a Mason. In fact, the only speeding tickets I've got out of were due to my family name and not my Masonic affiliation.

reply to post by Ben81

How did the Templars go dark? Who is this according to?

Freemasons don't deny God.

reply to post by lostjohnny

Although interesting books, Robert Lomas and Christopher Knight take some liberty with their books. How could Tubal Cain forge the pillars when he died long before Solomon? Plus the pillars in Solomon's Templar are said to be of molten brass, not iron.

if she is my mother does that mean im half masson ?

No.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

You twist the Bible and history to suit your agenda; blasphemy.

The only enemy to Freemasonry is ignorance, tyranny, and fanaticism.

You make a statement, then leave it hanging with no context. Please expound on how I am wrong when I say that the Bible outlines Paganism as Esau and the other side reflecting Jacob to Jesus. This is the entire story of the Bible. God sees the error in using the true Mysteries (mouth to ear) in the wrong hands. Moses received these Mysteries and was charged with preserving them in symbol. Paganism is an attempt to get at God's secrets using man as the proxy. From the garden story to today, the lie form Satan is the same. Take from the knowledge and be like God. Freemasonry is the poster child for buying into the lie of the Mystery School Religion.

Most people fail to see the facts as they are. The Mysteries are not the problem. They are there locked in symbol. The problem is with one huge detail. If we seek to take from God, we are thieves. If we have the will to receive what is given freely as a gift, there is a requirement. The requirement is that what is given is then given to others freely in the form of blessing. You don't need a secret society and private associations with members only to give something away. The church holds the same honor, yet admittance is free and there are no secrets. The mysteries are there for anyone to discover and give forward.

What is the aim of the NWO and who runs it from the top? Masons (Builders). They are building the temple of Babel back again.

Let's not forget where Daddy Warbucks sends his war profits.

edit on 29-7-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

They aren't so much taking over; as merely infiltrating and abusing the teachings like they were asked not to when signing up. Masons know that they can help you empower your life, and I strongly believe that is why they won't accept people who are looking to further their business life, and power. They are attempting to keep these very same people out.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Well, as much as I'd love to stay around at this site all day long, I have things to do. Plus my statement is pretty self explanatory.

Freemasonry is the poster child for buying into the lie of the Mystery School Religion.

What is the aim of the NWO and who runs it from the top? Masons (Builders). They are building the temple of Babel back again.

Whatever makes you sleep at night.

If you think we're your enemy then you must aspire to fanatical, tyrannical, or ignorant belief systems.

Many men join thinking they'll get something without putting in any effort into it. They soon leave and often we're better for it. For far too long we haven't guarded our West Gate. I'm hoping with many reforms going on right now this will change.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
A friend of mine is a Freemason. He joined not that long ago. He asked me if I wanted to join and I honeslty had no idea if I should or not either.

The thing that got me, is he made it sound like just about anyone could get in and it was very very easy to do, which seemed odd, being such a long lasting and private organization, you would think it would be tougher.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Whatever makes you sleep at night.

If you think we're your enemy then you must aspire to fanatical, tyrannical, or ignorant belief systems.

You are not my enemy at all. You are your own enemy. From what I have seen, the Masons are ignorant of their own history and the significance of the oaths they take. Know the meaning of the word Theurgy. This is what ritual magic is all about. It is a form of taking from God at the level of using one law against another. Theosophy is the study of the Mysteries and related symbols. What does Theurgy, Theosophy and Masonic Ritual have in common with pagan magic?

It's simple. All of the above are a works religion based on using the fruit of knowledge to transmute nature for gain. Nothing about God's law or resource in nature is evil. It can only be used for incorrect purposes if it is used to take as a thief. The best example you have is our use of carbon. Carbon has 6 electrons, 6 neutrons and 6 protons. Relate technology to the misuse of carbon. Technology is our own graven image using the fruit of knowledge. The technology itself is not the problem. The fact that we did not create it to give back to nature is the problem. As with any of the knowledge we possess, it is not the knowledge itself that is the deficit in our progress as living beings. The deficit is taking instead of giving.

Why is being a member of a church far superior to being in a private association with secrets to hide? Simple. Church is open to anyone and there are no secrets. The same topics are studied and the prime motive for these open associations is to give forward for others. The prime aim of a private association is to take in a hierarchy of partiality and unjust opportunity.

The world is wise to the symbols that the Masons and Secret Societies urinate all over the world. It is not hard to associate the two together. The prime aims of Mystery Babylon and the fate of this false pagan religion is outlined in the books of Jude and Revelation, as well as Enoch I, Jasher and the Book of Jubilees. For the clearest version of all, read the book of 2 Esdra.

I am not your enemy. I am here trying to warn you of the false religion you are following.

edit on 29-7-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

There is nothing false or evil about the third eye; it's how you use it.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnochWasRight
You are not my enemy at all. You are your own enemy. From what I have seen, the Masons are ignorant of their own history and the significance of the oaths they take. Know the meaning of the word Theurgy. This is what ritual magic is all about. It is a form of taking from God at the level of using one law against another. Theosophy is the study of the Mysteries and related symbols. What does Theurgy, Theosophy and Masonic Ritual have in common with pagan magic?

Your opinion and theories are not proven history. I understand theurgy and what your trying to saying Freemasonry. I'm telling you are way off.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I also disagree about Christianity not hiding anything. There are multiple interpretations of scripture; and more often the profane learn the exoteric. You have to look deeper than what the church seems appropriate. How can a belief that a corrupted church pushed possibly be correct? There is an exoteric and esoteric explanation to all religions, Christianity is no exception.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   
not trying to derail your thread OP.
though it seems those much more knowledgeable about the subject
have answered your question much better than i.

taking a few minutes to read up on "Theurgy"

"Theurgy (from Greek θεουργία) describes the practice of rituals, sometimes seen as magical in nature, performed with the intention of invoking the action or evoking the presence of one or more gods, especially with the goal of uniting with the divine, achieving henosis, and perfecting oneself."

taken from wikipedia.
so this process of evoking a "god" for the purpose of "uniting" with the "divine".
that sounds quite dangerous!
is this commonplace within the Masons?
if i've seen at least one good reason for this religion to be a secret this is certainly it.
edit on 30-7-2012 by notkmarx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by notkmarx

Why do people think that rituals and magick always have to be demonic or satanic? Yes, they can be used for such things; however the ritual depends on the thoughts, emotions, and energy that goes into performing it. The Magick is simply the effect. There will ALWAYS be the Law of Cause and Effect. It is immutable. It is perfectly possible to create good rituals with good intentions, to create phenomenal results. I agree that the 'Illuminati' are using this for darker purposes, but do not base your judgement on miscreants.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join