It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Horror Hospital: Shocking Photos And Testimony From The Dawood Military Hospital Scandal

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I believe it, I have friends that are nurses, one is terrified of ending up in a nursing home for these exact reasons.

Understaffed, employees that don't do their job, yea the list is endless, and then considering the aging baby-boomers, yikes,

I think I would prefer taking a walk off a cliff, I am getting up there, been thinking about this a lot, I was also hoping a space ship might come rescue me.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Star and flag for the OP.

Still reading thru documents, and I have a quick question that maybe one of the military members or vets would be so kind as to answer for me... While reading Colonel Carozza's testimony, I noticed that everytime he gives a date, he states the date for the calendar year and then the date in the "solar year." I looked up "solar year" on wiki and it explained the differences between a calendar year and a solar or tropical year, so I understand that. What I didn't understand is why he is giving a date in "solar years." Is this common in military communication or is there another reason? I'm actually embarrassed to be asking, but I've never heard this before... Thanks in advance

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Terrible, absolutely terrible.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
This is just plain despicable.
Period.
$11.2 billion?

Loss for words at the moment, wait...

If the U.S. discovered any or its' captured troops were being treated this way (at least nowadays) we would glass that country several times over.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
reply to post by CthulhuMythos

This hospital should be the poster child of everything that is wrong with the war in Afghanistan.

Agreed!!! A total disgrace on an epic scale.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Disgusting, sickening, vile, inhumane......
I pray justice comes swift & hard to those guilty of these crimes, & also those that observe in silence & allow it to continue.
JUSTICE NOW.

edit on 31-7-2012 by jewells because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I was also hoping a space ship might come rescue me.

you and me (and my g/f)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Never could understand why we are there in the first place much less give tax payer money for any of their welfare. Russia was smart to get out before they became entangled in that muslim mess. Don't forget that your also looking at lots of American medical people involved in this and that there will be a scape goat after the shoe drops. Obama was quick to fire General Stanley MC Crystal who is a top notch loyal American but covers for this frankenstein (good ole Bill as he calls him). What a bunch of misfits.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I could only read through part of the statement oversight committee hearing papers. My stomach is about to hurl.

To save their own butts, they play the blame game majorly. They are blaming the Afghanistan government and people for stealing the medicine. It almost sounded like they were trying to say that Afghanistan people working in the hospital let this happen to their own people.

I'm sorry, but there were Americans working for the American government there also if any Afghanistan people worked there. It was a military hospital created by us, and supplied by us. You would think it would have been run by us also. It was the military delivering the medication and supplies to the hospital that allowed this to happen. If they knew that stuff was being stolen, then they should have tightened security a lot at the hospital and any warehouses they stored anything for the hospital.

This is corruption at it's core.

To compare it to Auschwitz just about says it all. If only we could do a study on why people did what they did to people in Auschwitz and compare it to why people let this happen in DaWood Military hospital, t hen maybe we would have a little more insight of how and why people could be so cruel and let things like this happen.

I just hope this wasn't a dress rehearsal for health care in Fema camps. If it was, then we probably should expect even worse care. I hope I die first before ever stepping foot in some place like that.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Images from the hospital are not for the weak of stomach. I can't believe that our military allows this. Unbelievable. Gangrene, maggots, decubitous ulcers that tunnel into muscle ugh! I can't believe that they tried to cover this up to. No wonder the Afghan people hate us. We go and bomb the heck out of them and then allow this. We have to clean up our act.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
This is horrible!

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
This is human rights abuses. The USA has lost all credibility in world politics, thanks to two heinous wars. How can the US point fingers at other countries when we fund and permit such horror as this to take place.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I wish I could flag this more than once.

This should never be allowed to happen anywhere in the world. I don't care who is involved, where they are, financial issues, anything like this.

I don't know what I'm more heartbroken over, what these poor souls had to endure, or the fact that humanity is capable of such cruelty.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
"Afghanistan is where empires go to die"

Somebody important once said that.

I hate to see what the world press is doing with this.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
That's sick.
I see that the funds are going to good use. I say this sarcastically, of course.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Well they're philosophy might be something like "We don't repair cannon fauter, that's why it's cannon fauter, hello??"

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Absalutley horrifying. Sadly the guy who should be held liable for these crimes against humanity will most likely get off the hook with a slap on the wrist. :/

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
The military never seems to phase me . Could the ones who run it really be that evil ? Well yes they can and they proved it time and time again. Abu ghraib prison was just as bad if not worse . I wonder how they managed to manipulate these soldiers minds to see these people as less then human . When Is This Maddness Gonna Stop. I dont know how much longer I could just sit on the sidelines and watch these people get abused sexually. mentally and physically by a millitary who feels to disarm every other country . Also I would like to say that this is not really to badger the respectable soldiers or the soldiers who must had some kind of mk ultra used on them to perform such acts on humanity ,its more so for the mindsource behind them telling them to do so..damn you all

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oaktree
This is just plain despicable.
Period.
$11.2 billion?

For reference, I used to work at a 110 bed hospital in a fairly rural area. The annual budget was around $20 million, and it was a facility that had modern equipment and appropriate staff to handle the majority of cases without sending them to larger university-affiliated hospitals. I can't even conceive of how magnificent a hospital $11.2 billion could fund if it was in the right hands.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by kabfighter

Needless to say, they likely could have funded the health care of the entire nation at a rate that matches that of the much vaunted English health care system (or, so the NBC folks would have had us believe during the opening ceremony).

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join