It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Horror Hospital: Shocking Photos And Testimony From The Dawood Military Hospital Scandal

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+55 more 
posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Horror Hospital: Shocking Photos And Testimony From The Dawood Military Hospital Scandal

www.buzzfeed.com

Colonel Gerald Nicholas Carozza: “Patients were lying in filth, in some cases starving and with grotesque bed sores. One patient was on the brink of starving to death.”

"The Auschwitz like conditions at the National Military Hospital.”

Maggots began falling out of this patient's wounds. He died a week later.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
This is from the Dawood Hospital, a U.S. funded military hospital in Afghanistan.

The photos and details of the conditions released to Congress about this place are beyond imagination. Even worse:

The investigation also revealed that Lt. General William B. Caldwell, then commander of the $11.2 billion dollar a year Afghan training program, tried to block the probe and ordered a cover-up.

This should be the biggest story of the year. This place makes Walter Reed look like a daycare center.

WARNING: VERY GRAPHIC IMAGES.

Click here for photos and more on this horror show.

www.buzzfeed.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

cj6

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Im gonna be sick

I dont like people in general and not even i would wish that kind of mistreatment upon anyone

+13 more 
posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Wow... i don't even know what to say... This is war crime type stuff...

I really hope those responsible for this are brought to justice, not just some sorry sap who gets to play the role of scapegoat while those that knew about this and allowed it to happen go on their marry way.

I am Atheist, but stuff like this makes me wish there was a hell, because that is the only punishment that fits these kinds of crimes.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Extremely sadistic. I'd pay for tickets to watch the hangings of those who did this (I'm aware of the irony). The visible disgust is one thing, but the disgust of what is lacking in mercy by the idiots who did this is unspeakable.
edit on 7/29/2012 by shockedonlooker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
At least at Auschwitz (some) people got gassed and suffered briefly, this is on a whole different level if the pictures are accurate. That is not medicine, but torture. A very perverse type of torture where death would probably be a relief.

Dear god...

Okay I should clarify, the comparison is pointless but you get my drift...

Those not killed in the gas chambers died of starvation, forced labor, infectious disease, individual executions, and medical experiments.[8]

edit on 29-7-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

I'm so disgusted this was covered up by both the Afghani and US Govt.

Damn bloody shocking!

+13 more 
posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
My taxes funded this horror? My country sponsored this? I'm grateful there were decent men involved who blew the whistle on this atrocity. Unlike the situation at Auchwitz, we are not all Nazis and do not condone this. But it took brave people to come forward and speak out against a power structure that did create this.

I've had a comparatively small necrotic wound in my life and it was excruciating. I've had another infected wound that maimed and even with excellent state of the art medical care it was a rough experience to recover. I can't even imagine how horrible it was for those patients in the pictures. That's torture. It's like something out of one of those sick horror movies I refuse to watch but hear so much about.

I think this is the most shocking piece of news I've seen all year and considering what just happened last week, that's saying something. This was the deliberate act of not one lunatic but an unbelievably corrupt and evil and vile group of sociopaths whose salary we pay and whose power is derived from our alleged consent.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by SheeplFlavoredAgain
I think this is the most shocking piece of news I've seen all year and considering what just happened last week, that's saying something.

I agree.

This was the deliberate act of not one lunatic but an unbelievably corrupt and evil and vile group of sociopaths whose salary we pay and whose power is derived from our alleged consent.

I think it's safe to say that Caldwell's career is over. He's currently running the U.S. Army North Command and the senior commander of Texas’ Fort Sam Houston. Even if Obama calls him Bill.

"How could we make this request with elections coming?" Caldwell reportedly said, referring to President Obama. "He calls me Bill."

edit on 29/7/2012 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Oh my god, WTF?

Whoever was responsible for this needs to be tried for war crimes.

Where did all the money go that was supposed to be funding this?
edit on 29-7-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Wow, this is absolutely horrific.... Who are the doctors and nurses here? Have they had ANY training at all?! I suspect the hospital isn't staffed by the Americans but the military obviously knew about the appalling conditions and failed to act, they should all be held to account...
edit on 29-7-2012 by Milkflavour because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
wow, massive money laundering.

who has the privilege of pocketing that money in a swiss bank account.

this isn't about care, its about embezzling billions.

don't make people die and save their lives and no-one would care if you were stealing trillions.

edit on 29-7-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
then they try and blame our out of control spending on people who have two cars or took out loans. Yeah, it's not corruption in our government that spends like it's going out of style. No, it's because we like cell phones and nice things. Thats it.

This is just wrong. If it were me and I saw no way out, I would just take them out of their misery. This is just cruel. And we use Auschwitz to show the level of depravity people are capable of. I say look at these pictures, they are recent and just as bad. Hate fueling the misery of our enemy. An enemy we all know is not an enemy beyond his claim to land and resources that we want.

People who claim to be men of progress are actually scared cowards that can´t imagine adapting to a world in which they are not supreme. They truly lack the vision of a unified species. They talk the talk, but this is how they walk.

This is why people call us enemy of mankind. Our children will live with these scars like the Spanish with their inquisition, their conquest of free native peoples, and the Germans with their holocaust. Just to name a few. This makes the cycle of violence that brings sane and happy men to become savages here to destroy out of hate and revenge. Pitiful since this is coming from people who don't have a worry in the world. They have their lives already solved but think to bring misery to mankind just in case their supremacy is not assured for their great great great grandchildren.

Fortune tellers really acting like they need to kill millions of people just to keep a buck. I call them cave men and monkey people, not responsible men of reason. Like I would trust them with a world government, or the UN to be a voice of reason between nations. This is why we don't trust them. Everything like this. The end result of their rule.

They bring the sword, nothing else. Though they hide behind our accomplishments and take credit for them, we know that it is a mask and that they resent everything good we do for ourselves.

this just sucks.

edit on 29-7-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Don't care if you have minimal supplies and no funding. Much of what was pictured can be easily prevented. There is no excuse, however, I'm sure they'll find one... or two.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
And imagine all the other cases that none of us ever hear about.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Im no specilist in the field of nursing, But this looks to me like basic ward care not being supervised and basic hygine/sterilisation policies ignored for the sake of manning levels,

The only thing i can imagine whats going wrong here is extreme failure of man managment and thus failure in the "Duty of care" of the male paitants, Maybe this is a religious issue ? as in Females (Nurses) are not allowed to even be on the wards, Let alone supervise basic ward practises.

Even i could provide better basic care than this, Someones ass is going to fall for this..

S&F OP..

edit on 29-7-2012 by foxhoundone because: Mong fingers

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
disgusting to compare this to ww2 concentration camp hospital the germans were better

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I wish Doctors Without Borders or Red Cross can jump in and clean this hospital up.

Afghani doctors and nurses doing nothing to lift a finger until they are paid a mighty sum of $$$, they should go to jail for this disgusting filth; they obviously lack in basic empathy of their own fellow man.

I think I've seen African clinics with barely any basics in better condition than this hospital.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
That is truly disgusting.

If this is happening in Afghanistan now, what will happen in a full blown war with hundreds of thousands more troops?

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

I'm so disgusted this was covered up by both the Afghani and US Govt.

Damn bloody shocking!

You act surprised, where have you been living, in a cave? No offense of course.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join