It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Horror Hospital: Shocking Photos And Testimony From The Dawood Military Hospital Scandal

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Attention All 18 year old American Males: Join the military. They wlll take care of you. They will teach you a job skill. And if you end up injured while putting your life on the line for your country, we will make sure you receive the best treatment possible. All soldiers receive the medical care that they have earned through their bravery.

Enlist today!!!

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Greetings Blackmarketeer,

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer

The investigation also revealed that Lt. General William B. Caldwell, then commander of the $11.2 billion dollar a year Afghan training program, tried to block the probe and ordered a cover-up.

This should be the biggest story of the year. This place makes Walter Reed look like a daycare center.

Thank you, Blackmarketeer, for posting the article.
Wired Magazine published a details of the apparent root cause, at this link:
Exclusive: Top General Proposed Corruption Probe He’s Accused of Blocking

Wired Magazine "Caldwell allegedly scolded his staff for inviting the Pentagon inspector general to join a probe that would occur at a politically sensitive moment — the eve of U.S. congressional elections. President Obama himself “calls me Bill,” ..."

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Another more in-depth article that goes into the length Caldwell tried to delay any reporting or investigation of this hospital:

Army Gen. allegedly delayed probe into abuse at U.S.-funded Afghan military hospital
(cbsnews.com)

From the very start the US war in Afghanistan was very badly managed. No real mission, corruption, and billions upon billions of dollars poured into a hole in the ground.

Here is the Congressional Committee page on this scandal:
Dawood National Military Hospital, Afghanistan: What Happened and What Went Wrong?
(oversight.house.gov)

One of the things I found really over the top, the hospital - a military hospital for Afghan soldiers - was "pay to play". The ones from the wealthy families got treatment, those who weren't, were left to rot in their beds.

The testimony of the witnesses can be read here:

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Wow. I'm in absolute shock! I can't believe people are treated like this in HOSPITALS! It's terrible to see people in that sort of condition. Sad sad.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Abhorrent to say the least. Now, if we could just find the same outrage when it comes to many of our senior citizens in nursing homes within our own United States who, in simiar fashion to the patients in this military hospital, rot to death from bed sores and lay in filth and are under fed and hydrated, on a daily basis, year after year after year.

If you have the money, you get the great care. If your poor, you get neglected. Doesn't matter if it's Afghanistan, or the United States.
edit on 29-7-2012 by fockewulf190 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Damn... thought had seen the worst of humanity in the places Ive worked as a physician over the years ... but this by far is even more sickening... attempting to control the cold rage I feel toward the things that cause that kind of suffering to human beings ... the entire lot needs to be tried for crimes against humanity ....

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
My question is why?
Was someone selling off the medicines for a few $ on the side?
This type of neglect rarely results from incompetence and more often from motivations for financial gain by someone.

There is no excuse for leaving wounded men in these conditions.
None.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
NYTimes has a great article on the hospital.

At Afghan Military Hospital, Graft and Deadly Neglect

Dawood is the premier hospital of the Afghan security forces, akin to the Walter Reed Army Medical Center in the U.S.

As early as 2006, American officers noted evidence of severe dysfunction at the hospital, including patients who appeared to be malnourished, a U.S. military mentor who served there at the time says. He adds that the findings were reported to the Afghan Ministry of Defense, but no action was taken to improve conditions.

In 2008, doctors complained to hospital administrators that patients were being given defective morphine, according to internal documents produced by the NATO Training Mission-Afghanistan, or NTM-A. Later testing revealed the presence of counterfeit morphine, suggesting that U.S.-procured medicine had been diverted.

Karzai should hang for this travesty. I hope the US goes after those in the Afghani government who stole all the medical supplies and pilfered all that money. They've done as much damage as the Taliban could have ever hoped for.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I'm in shock....I looked at this thread this morning and still feel sick.....absolute revulsion at what we are capable of allowing to happen to people who have risked giving everything because we asked them to. I'm not a medical person at all, but I suspect that the treatments and drugs a lot of these people needed were not expensive at all...maybe even basic, decent nursing care would have prevented most of it, I dunno.

Ok....so who do we write to to really make a noise about this eh? Posting here, however valuable that might be for getting the information out, isn't enough to change it......we have to shout about this until we know it has changed for good.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
Attention All 18 year old American Males: Join the military. They wlll take care of you. They will teach you a job skill. And if you end up injured while putting your life on the line for your country, we will make sure you receive the best treatment possible. All soldiers receive the medical care that they have earned through their bravery.

Enlist today!!!

you need to make it smaller, more of a soundbite, so as to be easier to remember
for those with short attention spans

"Join the Military, see the cemetery.
if you're lucky "

now excuse me a mo'....

edit on 29-7-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit and comment

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

nuh-uh. you didn't.

ok...now that i have regained my composure....i feel horrible for laughing.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Regardless of what these people have done, there is no excuse on earth for this kind of treatment. I'm usually an advocate for an 'eye for an eye' but this is just not right. The people involved may have only been acting 'on orders' but they must surely have some form of a conscience, those involved should be put away for a very long time but I'm sure that'll just be the lower-down workers that'll end up getting punished.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Colonel Schuyler K. Geller: "Afghan soldiers’ families have sold their farms and indentured themselves for healthcare in the US- and coalition-supported Daoud Khan Hospital."

Sounds like US health care. You only get the treatment you can afford. Sell the family farm, sell yourself into indentured servitude so your family can get health care.

The travesty at Dawood had been going on since 2006 at least.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Apparently they imported the staff at Dawood from 1864. Jesus Christ.

Prevention of several of these infections is simple, a child could do it. It takes almost no supplies, hell even clean water would help. Complete lack of care. Put these people on trial and send them away.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Well, it is obvious that someone needs to be held accountable. And i would say that would be many someone's. I hold the position that any US staff member should be held to account for the abuse and neglect that their patients saw. If this happened in a hospital here in the private US sector, people would go to prison, and all licensed staff would have their licenses suspended.

We have a VA hospital here in my town. There are a few doctors that worked there formerly, and have their own practices now. I wouldn't take a dog that I hated to see them. They are horrible doctors. One of them, a 49 year old man, just had a massive heart attack last year and almost died. If his ability to care for himself is an indication of his ability to care for me, nuff said.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Exactly, just treat this like a military hospital in America. If this is as bad as it looks, I wouldn't be against trying some of these people for murder or at least manslaughter though. This looks really bad.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by xDeadcowx

Think of all the money wasted on defense. Research into new weapons, fighter aircraft and so on. I can only imagine how much the health of our nation would improve if so much less were spent on defense and instead went toward the health and well being of our citizens. Money to go towards businesses to have more jobs, for many things to make life happier and more enjoyable. But we live in a world that loves bloodshed if it's done for a so called good cause. Instead of money spent on saving life, trillions are spent on how to destroy it. It is insanity and just one more proof that we live in a fallen world and I firmly believe that turning to Jesus Christ is the only answer.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
What are you implying with this ?

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
My question is why?
Was someone selling off the medicines for a few $ on the side?
This type of neglect rarely results from incompetence and more often from motivations for financial gain by someone.

There is no excuse for leaving wounded men in these conditions.
None.

Whether it be your own men or enemy soldiers. In war, people may be killing each other but if there is wounded they all need to be treated equally.

It seems a little strange, but it's the difference between civilized war and war by savages. The difference of two men stepping into a ring to duke it out or one person clubbing another unwittingly in the back of the head.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer

. Later testing revealed the presence of counterfeit morphine, suggesting that U.S.-procured medicine had been diverted.

All that misery and death for a few dollars.
Thanks for posting that.
Yep, someone should hang - by their fingernails

Eta: In fact, since these were Afghan soldiers and this happened in their country this is one time where Islamic law would provide a fitting punishment which is something we no longer have in the US.
edit on 29-7-2012 by Asktheanimals because: added comment

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join