It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

50,000 year old paintings of 'Aliens'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Sozen94

It's rather easy. How do we know this is depictions of aliens?
They could as easily be (moreso imo) depictions of spirits or their gods.
I can't believe how people scream alien before anything else!

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

The Aborigines had a lot of dreamtime legends. The Waugal for instance, which I think you may be referring to as the dreamtime snake? It's a large snake that inhabits the Swan river... but .. there is no large snake there. It's different to the rainbow serpent. It is also known that when the first fleet arrived the white man scared the Aborigines because they believed that the white men were the ghosts of their ancestors. Who knows what was reality and what was a way of remembering dreamtime stories as they passed down through generations. You'd also think, at least I do, that if ancient aliens were visiting Aborigines 50,000 years ago, they would not still to this day be one of the most primitive tribal people on the planet. Unless the biggest technological advancement the aliens had was a bent stick.

There are many dream time stories that could relate to real things. Certainly the idea of a large snake could have been passed down from generations who traveled through Southern Asia or something like that. I am not saying they are all fact, just that its possible for some to be.
Ghosts of ancestors is certainly not the most abstract thing thought on first contact. I mean the Polynesians thought they were gods and worshiped them.
Who knows what would of happened if they actually did visit.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pedro4077
reply to post by bluemirage5

"It is known a white civilization arrived here long before the Aboriginal people" - Pfft. Sure mate.

We have been here for 60 000 years, where is your proof of a white civilization.
edit on 28-7-2012 by Pedro4077 because: (no reason given)
Well if I did offend you at least this guy took the heat off me.

The Dreamtime Story of "The Quinkins" could also be interprated as Alien Races.
Interesting, certainly could be.
edit on 28-7-2012 by HumanCondition because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot

Originally posted by Sozen94
Wow, that's amazing.

I still don't believe how people can be so skeptical when it comes to aliens.

It's called being level headed.

No it's not, it's called doing the math. Math works on a universal scale and predicts that there are potentially millions of different alien life forms out there in our unfathomable universe.

Research the Drake equation.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Wow, that's amazing.

S&F

I agree it is quite amazing...

Random question based off your avatar- Are you a juggalo?

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Wow, that's amazing.

S&F

There is an owl in the right corner of the picture. These figures could well be deities these aboriginal believed in, with owl like faces.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
oh so ancient people didn't have abstract art??? and could not be creative outside of what they physically saw.?

Are you saying that accent people literally drew every thing they saw as they ACTUALLY saw it.!?!

how much crap do we write on bit of paper? don't mean we are all writing what we saw.
edit on 28-7-2012 by definity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
The kids, listen to the kids I tells ya.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Phantom traveller

Thank you for addressing the topic.

Now, have you considered at all the documented propensity for human cultures to deify their environments through the process of imagining/creating a mix and match morphological menagerie of anthropomorphic animals, typically through the arrangement of animal heads or parts onto human bodies?

Ancient Egyptian culture comes to mind with Bird headed, Cat headed, Jackal headed and other such mythical representations for their ideological 'understanding' of how the universe works.

Mediterranean culture with the Macedonians, Greeks, and other such had their own with the Minotaur, Harpies, Satyr, Nymphs, and many many others.

Indo-Hindu culture developed elephant headed Ganesh, Monkey attributed Hanumon, as well as blue skinned people, some with many arms, and in the Mahabharata we've personalities with fancy technological flying machines capable of nuclear destruction.

In Pre-Colombian South America we see Jaguar, Vulture, the feathered serpent, and other animal related hodge-podge mix and match creations.

Native North American culture focuses more on talking animal spirits, but also ant-people, snake-people, wolf-people, etcetera.

We see the same with Greater Eastern Asia with Naga, Dragons, Fu dogs, Animal spirits like Fox spirits, and other similarities, physical and philosophically abstract concepts replicated and imagined independently from other disparate cultures separated by time and geography such no cross pollination of cultural ideals is likely.

Sailors among many differing cultures imagined mermaids, and a plethora of many other imaginative flights of fancy and fear in sea-faring lore.

Thing is, the human mind from a cultural perspective works with what it knows and is influenced by it's immediate environment.
Agricultural/pastoral societies will develop myths that usually depict bulls, goats, and other animals they work with on a close basis, as well as beings controlling the sun, rain, and seasons they depend on for their crops and animals to flourish.

Hunter-gatherer societies will deify the elements they contend with, as well as the animals they pursue for food and are familiar with in their local environments, developing mythologies around them.

It's a logical path of fundamental development in primitive cultures. Cultures are effected by the local environments they work, toil, struggle, and are intimately familiar with whether it's coastal/oceanic, agrarian, jungle, mountains, deserts, or frigidly cold climes.
Animals get anthropomorphic elevations in the stories and mythologies that develop. Often it's simply a device of putting an animal head on a human body. Other times we get a mix-and-match

This happens independently, and reoccurs independently as a function of predicable human psychological invention.

It's thus very plausible and even EXPECTED bug-eyed alien-looking petroglyphs, figurines, relief art, and cultural remnants of long past societies show and depict this logical path of developmental mythology in the roots of their cultural beginnings.

Besides animals
Pyramids are often cited as a "shared technology" given mankind by aliens, or gods, or some such, across the world, most notably in China, South America, and the Nile Delta region, but, fact of the matter is, a broad-based structure tapering as it gains altitude is an engineering no-brainer. Children without any exposure to engineering concepts will do with with building blocks intuitively without any training or exposure to pyramid "technology"

Think what you will regarding aliens, or gods, but, environmental influences on the development of cultural mythologies is a predictable path full of animals, animal spirits, people with animal heads, animals with parts of other animals, and other chimeric creations based on and off of the familiar every day animals a culture is familiar with.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
If they are supposed to be greys then why aren't they grey?

Why don't they have the long bulging skull above the eyes?

Why is the eye shape round instead of that tear-drop shape the grey have?

Why are their bodies not thin and slender like the greys?

Why don't they have long necks like the greys?

Why are their noses round instead of the two slits?

They don't look like greys to me.

edit on 28-7-2012 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
These are always a tough call for me. Paintings are SO open to interpretation and are influenced on a wide spectrum culture to culture around the world. A lot of people argue "why would they paint figures like THIS, instead of their prototypical perception of their race, their culture." It's the same as asking "why did George Lucas portray Jabba the Hutt the way he did? It's his imagination."

I'm not claiming to know this for fact. It's my opinion. I believe in intelligent life elsewhere, but until they show up, things like this are always going to be split among believers and non-believers BECAUSE they're so open to interpretation.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by definity
oh so ancient people didn't have abstract art??? and could not be creative outside of what they physically saw.?

Are you saying that accent people literally drew every thing they saw as they ACTUALLY saw it.!?!

how much crap do we write on bit of paper? don't mean we are all writing what we saw.
edit on 28-7-2012 by definity because: (no reason given)

Did you even read the OP?

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

No one is saying that they have to be exactly like greys.
These are tens of thousands of years old!

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Give a kid a paintbrush and they get creative. I bet the parents fifty thousand years ago got a chuckle out of these. I do wonder if there were white people around there then though. The Chinese had pictures of white people in their ancient paintings and historic writings. Could be some albino people.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by HumanCondition

They look like indians....

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Was taught in school that during the first fleets arrival to Australia some Aboriginals thought white-men where the ghosts of their ancestors. Just so happens their ancestors have cave paintings of white-men or DNA altering ancestral aliens.

Does anyone know what the rate of albinism is today within the indigenous tribes of Australia and whether it may be possible there is a link to these cave paintings?

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
Give a kid a paintbrush and they get creative. I bet the parents fifty thousand years ago got a chuckle out of these. I do wonder if there were white people around there then though. The Chinese had pictures of white people in their ancient paintings and historic writings. Could be some albino people.

Bet those Chinese parents were having a chuckle as well.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I read through the comments here, and was going to post my own. But I'm so disgusted at how some of you treat each other in the forums that I'm not saying anything else. Thumbs down for several of the posts here. Why can't people have civilized debates and discussions without getting rude and insulting?

I found the photos interesting, thanks for sharing OP.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imtor
Look, they have 5 fingers and 5 toes per hand/foot. We should not exclude that even if drawn with black eyes, these could be humans drawn.

P.S Apology not accepted. Aborigens will come to slice you, cook you in a cauldron, spice you up and eat you.
edit on 28-7-2012 by Imtor because: (no reason given)

hey mate, i dont slice people,or cook them in a cauldron, or eat them. but i have pointed the bone. think about your comments before reply.
To the OP no offense taken, great work.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

I'm sorry, all I see here is a yearbook of family faces, here represented as they appeared in death. Maybe their death masks(?) as their eyes are black or "empty" and they have no mouths because they no longer speak. Sort of a scrap photo album of their individual members, preserved for posterity. On down thru the ages to us so we could see them too.

Kind of creepy. We think we have the most permanent records on what, kodak paper, dvd and ram? pffft. Hats off to the "photographer" whomever he may have been. Without knowing it he chose a medium that has lasted thousands of years.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join