It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

50,000 year old paintings of 'Aliens'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
They are very cool, but no one can say they are supposed to depict aliens.

How does anyone know what an 'alien' actually looks like? Unless someone has somehow had an interaction with an alien, then you cannot compare it to one, if they exist.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Do you ever make the difference when I say 'it is possible to be alien' and 'I am sure it is aliens'. Exactly because my area is not antropology to say what they desribed, I do not claim aliens,

Also in the current case I said this could be men even though they have black eyes and look like greys, judging by the 5 fingers and 5 toes and normal human bodies. So this is not even the place to judge my opinion being 'aliens'

Oh and is any of the areas of study you mention yours?
edit on 28-7-2012 by Imtor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

How is it a sign of insecurity? Believing that we're not alone in the universe is a sign of open mindedness and rationality.

In my opinion space & the universe is a much, much more interesting topic than sea life. I agree that the mysteries of our own planet life are fascinating, but why can't the universe be too? I would much rather zoom around in a spaceship with extra terrestrials, learning their way of life, understanding their history, etc. than be in some dinky claustrophobic mini submarine on the seabed.

When there are thousands of cave paintings that can all relate to one another and are all relatively similar from different time periods and areas of the world, that proves quite a lot.
edit on 28-7-2012 by Sozen94 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by sparky31

once again if anyone disagrees with u then they aren,t worth their post......instead of shooting everyone down that posts anything then maybe this is a little crazy but actually u may want to consider they are rite and ur wrong.

and for these academical and educational credentials,what about them?do we all have to be as smart as u think u are to challenge them?

So, what you're saying is that if i make a statement on topic, and then someone in turn addresses me directly, and on top of addressing me directly they make a personal remark regarding myself saying I "think wrong" as opposed to simply arguing the topic, and staying on topic, you're going to side with them when I defend myself?

Right. You're a real winner.

I reserve the right to respond appropriately and in-kind to any direct remarks in my defense.
Argue the topic, and I'll be happy to argue the topic. Toss in a personal snipe and you've just invited me to snipe right back, so, being a cry baby about it isn't going to help.

In regards to similarities between cultures vastly separated by both geography and time, the answer is, we're all human, and we tend to think, and imagine, and tell similar stories over and over.
Look at the invention of the Sword.

Who was the first person is Asia/Japan/China to invent a sword? Do you think they consulted with someone else, or was this invention independent from other cultures who also happened to figure out that whacking someone with a big piece of sharp metal tends to put an end to disagreements quite quickly?
Who invented the sword?
As the link provides, it was invented independently all over the planet without the help, cooperation, influence or contamination of any other cultures.

Look at the spear and invention of the bow and arrow combination. These have been invented and reinvented independently across cultures worldwide that have never had contact.

Look at Clovis points. Clovis points sprung up all over the planet during the neolithic, independently invented/discovered as a rather efficient method for napping stone.

Human beings are human beings and will think in similar directions given similar obstacles, challenges and environments in which to solve these similar challenges.
It's not a difficult thing for differing cultures separated by both vast gulfs of geography and time to develop similar concepts in mythologies and stories.

Some of these are discussed in philosophy for those of you that have actually attended University under the debate of 'universal truths'.
There are also in conjunction to these, fairly universal archetypes directions for imaginative and creative paths to take. Cultures that have zero knowledge of or influence from other cultures will have some overlaps.

Now, if you want to say that all these similar and independently arrived at solutions and overlapping independently imagined mythologies were given to humanity by aliens, you can say that all you want, but, I will disagree, as will many others.

edit on 28-7-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Not only pictures of ETS/greys, but also description of how they speak telepathically and so don't use their mouths.

Yes, pretty clear what is being said.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Some of these are discussed in philosophy for those of you that have actually attended University

theres the dig again,ok some of us may not have had any uni education but does that mean our opinions mean any less?if its left to u then i,m guessing they wud be.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

theres the dig again,ok some of us may not have had any uni education but does that mean our opinions mean any less?if its left to u then i,m guessing they wud be.

If you wish to submit your opinion in a public forum for scrutiny and criticism, then by all means do so. You should, however, expect your opinion to come under scrutiny and criticism by those who happen to know a bit more about any given subject than yourself.
If you're taken to giving out personal statements in regards to the opinions of others, then, prepare to get your little feelings hurt when someone returns the favor of a personal statement.

If you don't like getting wet, don't get in the water, and certainly, don't complain about it if you do.
No one like a complaining crybaby. Your friends don't want to hear it, and your enemies don't care.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

I just blame bath salts.......they were on bath salts and said hey let's mess with the future people by drawing wierd figures. That way they will waste countless time and energy trying to figure out the meaning.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Originally posted by Sozen94
Wow, that's amazing.

I still don't believe how people can be so skeptical when it comes to aliens.

S&F

I think the average person does believe in aliens. Many don't know they've been here and are STILL visiting so......it's a slow process.

Collectively, we're not ready to 'know' this. We're still a very primitive, materialist and a violent race.

Until we live in love, we're on our own. That's why we were put and remain in this lonely location in space with no neighbors we can reach.
We need to be quarantine from other species and until we change, we'll remain uninformed and ignorant.

Except we're never alone, and have many star friends watching over us both corporally and spiritually.

And the big cycles are all about the group's ability to move on.

I think this is something that affects everyone and that is the time we're in. Group progression.

Maggie: [singing] The stars are all my friends / Till the nighttime ends / So I know I'm not alone / When I'm here, on my own. / Isn't that a wonder? / When you're alone / You're not alone / Not really alone.

www.imdb.com...

Robin Williams has been in some very good movies: Hook and What Dreams May Come are two of my favorites.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

In regards to similarities between cultures vastly separated by both geography and time, the answer is, we're all human, and we tend to think, and imagine, and tell similar stories over and over.

It's one thing to have similarities in tales and legends,for example the gods came from the sky and another thing to have the same/similar images repeated in different cultures.
How do you explain descriptions of advanced technology in ancient myths?Have you ever read about Talos, a giant robot that was protecting the Minoan Crete?
Homer also talks about the golden maids of god Hephaestus.If you read the "technical"part of the story you will be amazed of the knowledge(or imagination according to you) of this blind poet.
Or the flying chariots of the gods(similar to many mythologies).I could give you countless examples of advanced technology.
Yes humans think alike and they make stories,but sometimes they give descriptions that don't fit in the technological knowledge of the era.
The way i see it:
a)an extra terrestrial race was lurking the planet.
b)a very advanced terrestrial race existed and the mainstream archeology is either ignorant or they are hiding it.
c)some people could see the future
d)very very creative imagination(just to make you happy)
e)our ancestors were more advanced than we are let to believe.

Look at the invention of the Sword. Who was the first person is Asia/Japan/China to invent a sword? Do you think they consulted with someone else, or was this invention independent from other cultures who also happened to figure out that whacking someone with a big piece of sharp metal tends to put an end to disagreements quite quickly?

That is not a very good example.Let me explain.
Things that people used everyday in their lives,they knew how they worked and what they had to do to make them better.Since the times that humans lived in caves they noticed that the more pointy the stones were,the better they cut.This is not rocket science and they were not stupid.
In the need of a sharp blade,someone would eventually figure out how to make it sharper and stronger,no matter where he lived.
The same would go about boats,houses,forks,baskets etc

for those of you that have actually attended University

Here we go again...Yes some of us have attended university.I have a couple of degrees in different subjects,but i also expanded my knowledge in more "underground" thesis in the subjects i was interested in.I didn't stay stuck to the school books and i don't use my knowledge to show off to people or make them feel bad.
Having a piece of paper that says that you attended university,doesn't mean you are smarter than other people or more educated than them.In ancient Greece education(παιδεία-paideia) meant not only knowledge,but having proper manners as well,among other things.

Now, if you want to say that all these similar and independently arrived at solutions and overlapping independently imagined mythologies were given to humanity by aliens, you can say that all you want, but, I will disagree, as will many others.

It could be aliens among other possibilities.Denying a possibility,because it doesn't fit in your world theory (or your education as you keep repeating) to my eyes is as ignorant as the people who claim that the pictures are 100% figures of ETs.I said i see similarities with the greys and if you don't see them,i can't do anything about it.
The truth is we don't know what they are and we speculate.We have the right to discuss any possibility,either you agree or disagree with it.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I personaly believe aboriginals LIKED TO TAKE A LOT OF DRUGS.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by HumanCondition

Aboriginal dream time stories and cave paintings have often been considered more myth then reality, like the stories we find in the teachings of modern day religions. But recent discoveries of Animal fossils such as the mega fauna have revealed that some of these stories were probably once accounts of real life events; passed down by thousands of generations...

HumanCondition, don't know if you've seen it but Zazzafrazz has made another interesting thread below dealing with Aboriginal dream time and UFO sightings - it also contains this intriguing account from 1933:

In Rex Gilroy's account, the aboriginal woman claimed her tribe had been frightened off from Discovery Well when a "large shiny egg" suddenly came down out of the sky. In broad daylight the strange object flew low over them. Several beings, described as strange, grey skinned and man like, came out of the "egg". The woman said she was "stunned" by an object carried by one of the beings. Her story indicates she was carried aboard . Inside the "egg" the interior was glowing. She was strapped to a shining table and apparently "experimented with". The woman told stockmen of her experience, but perhaps not surprisingly they laughed at her.

Aboriginals: Their Flying Shiny Eggs and Moon-Man tales

Cheers.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by HumanCondition

In my oppinion, these drawings are not of aliens, but the natives that used to live there, an ancient civilization like atlantis, everyone thinks of ancients as cave men, but think about it, give a city 100 years with no people in it, there will be barely anything left of it, all you would find is pitch forks and knifes, 500 years, all you will see is green valleys.

Glass, metal anything that is formed from a liquid will eventually go back to its origional state. Dont get me wrong, something are meant to last, like these cave painting, maybe the last painting before departing? leaving some sort of evidence to be remembered?

No mouths? maybe they didnt need to eat, i mean if they are the ones that built the pyramids all over the world (and other ancient tribes), they could have been functioning at a while different lvl, hence they would look different to fit the life style.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sozen94
Wow, that's amazing.

I still don't believe how people can be so skeptical when it comes to aliens.

S&F

So some really old cave paintings by some people hopped up on desert shrooms and peyote, constitutes as proof of aliens? Wow, scientific method goes out the window there.

I want something a little more concrete like, a ship, a spaceport, ray guns, some technology millions of years more advanced. Do you think aliens actually travelled across the galaxy or universe just to ditch their tech and live like paupers? This stuff would be lying all over the place because technology breaks down and we're just not finding it. We're not finding it because it doesn't exist.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
They look like owls.

Spirits in the form of owls.

There are owls in the picture.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I never seen that first photo. They're not 50,000 years old tho. 3,000 BC is what most sources say.

To the unbelievers, I would like to see your rationalizations for what follows. How can so many ancient sources all depict what eyewitnesses in modern times describe as space ships and aliens...and why is there a 1561 newspaper describing a UFO battle over Germany? If it was fantasy, then did those thousands of people suffer from a mass hallucination, simultaneously?

No, there was something in the sky that day. Before airplanes or weather balloons existed.

Figurine from Kieve, Ukraine, 4,000 BC.

6,000 BC

5,500 BC, Utah.

10,000 BC, Italy.

Native American Petroglyph, 1,500 years old. There is a story about this one. The Native Americans claim they were taught spirituality by these "star people" who crash landed. They lived among the Indians for a time before other star people came to take them.

Prehistoric India.

Sahara Desert, 6,000 BC.

UFO battle over Nuremburg, Germany, 1561. Please read the eyewitness accounts and interpretations in the link. It pretty much seals the deal.

At sunrise on the 14th April 1561, the citizens of Nuremberg beheld "A very frightful spectacle." The sky appeared to fill with cylindrical objects from which red, black, orange and blue white disks and globes emerged. Crosses and tubes resembling cannon barrels also appeared whereupon the objects promptly "began to fight one another." After about an hour of battle, the objects seemed too catch fire and fell to Earth, where they turned too steam. The witnesses took this display as a divine warning. This report is unique in the annals of Ufology, in that it has never been repeated. There is no record of such "objects" in either local or German national folklore. The surviving Town records from the period, give no indication of any unrest either civil or external. Given the uniqueness of the incident, it appears that something supernatural or paranormal took place.

edit on 28-7-2012 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
These arguments are so ridiculous.

It's an art piece, a stylized representation of reality. If they wanted it to look like a real person they would have tried. The people look like they are wearing masks/paint anyway.

Do you know how many artists draw cartoon people with big eyes nowadays? Humans like you in the future will think sponge-bob was our alien visitor.
edit on 28-7-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

Exactly. So many people think story telling and imagination was birthed in Europe. These paintings are nothing more than a very popular story book on the rocks.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

If you wish to submit your opinion in a public forum for scrutiny and criticism, then by all means do so. You should, however, expect your opinion to come under scrutiny and criticism by those who happen to know a bit more about any given subject than yourself.
If you're taken to giving out personal statements in regards to the opinions of others, then, prepare to get your little feelings hurt when someone returns the favor of a personal statement.

If you don't like getting wet, don't get in the water, and certainly, don't complain about it if you do.
No one like a complaining crybaby. Your friends don't want to hear it, and your enemies don't care.

i do but please don,t say u know more than i do,what cause u think u have so much a better education than me that i shoudn,t have an opinion? its going to hurt u but not all of us have to have qualifications to have an opinion on something,someone has a little more foresight than u do then don,t be hurt by it.......tho i,m guessing grammer and stuffs about to be spouted.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by HumanCondition

Firstly, these painting are not 50,000 years old. You can't carbon date paintings that far.

Secondly, whose to say they are Aliens? It is known a white civilization arrived here long before the Aboriginal people as there was of a similar civilization before the Mori Ori of NZ.
I was referring more to the culture then the paintings when I said 50,000 years because we have no real time line, but their stories and influences certainly would have gone back that far.

If you'll notice I did put the term aliens in comers. I think I was pretty fair in explaining that this is only a loose theory, I was really just trying to share an interesting and intriguing idea.

Are you talking about the Polynesians? I don't think they got here that long ago..

edit on 28-7-2012 by HumanCondition because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeeKlassified
They are very cool, but no one can say they are supposed to depict aliens.

How does anyone know what an 'alien' actually looks like? Unless someone has somehow had an interaction with an alien, then you cannot compare it to one, if they exist.

Very cool, and yes of course not.

Well we don't know what certain aliens look like. BUT we do know what humans look like, and they certainly do not look like Wandjina's..

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join