It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

50,000 year old paintings of 'Aliens'

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by HumanCondition

Originally posted by HumanCondition

Why were the eyes always so disproportionate to the face and nose?

Why not draw the mouth? There has never been a wandjina found with a mouth.
How can you be so certain that it was intended to represent the actual size and colors of the nose and eyes?

Obviously, there are some big differences, but there are
also strong similarities between ↓these↓ 2.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
This may be difficult to believe, but I'm not a highly skilled sketch artist.

This↓ is a self-portrait.

I don't actually look exactly like that, nor have I ever seen another Human, whom looked like that. Nonetheless, that IS my drawing of a Human(myself).

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

Firstly, these painting are not 50,000 years old. You can't carbon date paintings that far.

Secondly, whose to say they are Aliens? It is known a white civilization arrived here long before the Aboriginal people as there was of a similar civilization before the Mori Ori of NZ.

Carbon dating is accurate for anything up to approximately 55,000 years old, so yes you can accurately carbon date these paintings.

There is no known ‘white’ civilization known to have inhabited prior to the arrival of Aborigines approximately 85 – 100,000 years ago.

Originally posted by mainidh

You'd also think, at least I do, that if ancient aliens were visiting Aborigines 50,000 years ago, they would not still to this day be one of the most primitive tribal people on the planet. Unless the biggest technological advancement the aliens had was a bent stick.

One of the many reason human tribes ‘progress’ is due to a need. Aborigines had no need to progress beyond the hunter-gatherer state they existed in. They lived happily and harmoniously in the driest continent on Earth for 85,000+ years. Seems pretty advanced to me.

Do you really think any alien species capable of actually reaching Earth would have anything at all to learn from our supposedly ‘advanced’ state of existence? I think not.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Hey, I would consider that the art images are disinformation. I found a picture of the original and they appear to have 4 fingers, it is a fact that aliens have 4 fingers so that would increase the chance of ancient aliens being a reality.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
i know we are not alone, never were

not a one liner

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Looks about as legitimate a premise to base the notion of extraterrestrial life on as the film Prometheus posits.

(NB: If you've seen the B-schlock I cite, you'll know where I'm coming from...
)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by greyer

Good find, greyer.

I just want to say, yes there are cases where the people draw themselves in a little different way with big eyes, so that does not necessarily mean aliens.

While so, there cases where among the drawings are the story or text or petroglyphs where people from the sky or stars have landed - in this case I don't think people were drawing themselves but when they say they were drawing the one they met from the sky, that's what they saw.

And to claim it was just myth - Troy, the Nevada Red Giants and some other were 'just a myth' - so you should not exclude possibilities of any kind!

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

and in 10,000 years they'll find this underneath a cave and say

My god - it's ALIENS.

Look at the lack of ears - do you notice how there's no ears? It's because he's able to HEAR without HEARING. (quote some sort of religious book or spiritual scripture or quote about aliens)

The mouth? See how straight the mouth is? Is it because these "sticks" don't eat?

Person 2: Many of times when I've astral projected I've seen these "stick aliens" they are real.

Person 3: My brother and I were outside a few weeks ago... we saw these stick aliens.

... I want to believe, though. I do.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Sozen94

So some cave paintings with people having large eyes and a large head is hard evidence of e.t life? Don't be easily fooled and naive. There is no proof at all of e.t life. None at all.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
someday our children will understand how dynamic a solar system, our home, can be. The Sun, the planets, our moon, they can wear masks.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by greyer

Hey, I would consider that the art images are disinformation. I found a picture of the original and they appear to have 4 fingers, it is a fact that aliens have 4 fingers so that would increase the chance of ancient aliens being a reality.

I'm guessing you're playfully being sarcastic? opposable thumbs I thought would limit their ability to advance. and then the comedy behind it is it's a known fact in the cartoon industry that it saves thousands of Man hours to draw 4 fingers instead of 5.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
^ I meant to say the lack of an opposable thumbs would retard their ability to advance

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by nakiel

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher
They look like owls.

Spirits in the form of owls.

There are owls in the picture.

Yep, radiant owl masks and body-paint!

"Weaving spiders come not here"

I hate spiders.

Well, I hate their webs.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Underground dwelling beings? Would explain why pictures depict their eyes that way and if you look at nature you will see that animals which have similar eyes live deep underground and/or only operate in the dark.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
New here so I will say Hello! As for the wall writings, who says they are aliens? We really don't know but what they tried to say really. Storys change over the years and back then its a question we put ideas to. For example, I have a rock that has images on it found 25ft in the ground one day, tried to find out about it and was put off. How many of you, if finding a rock with a face, bird, cave all because of picking it up out of the hole has no factually bases of anything but what is there in your hand or eyes? Could have been how they viewed their spirtaul people at the time; like Christ with the Halo. As for 50,000 yrs ago, we as a people really don't have a clue on the things like 3,000yrs ago only spectullation on what it could be ment for. Yes my spelling is very bad, and this I ask 4 forgiveness!!! Cave paintings are quite cool and did wish we knew what they were trying to say. Point is it was important so it was written down on the wall. We tend to jump to aliens first and not concider other aspects also.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

I fully understand what you're saying, I suppose back then this may have been their only source of entertainment and maybe these paintings are based on nothing but the imagination but I do seek your opinion on a fact that surely can not be ignored. How can you explain the fact that so many ancient civilisations all painted and wrote about strange 'god' like creatures that seemed to have got involved in a lot of humanity's early days? Could it really be coincidence that they all claim to have witnessed similar events?

Personally, I do consider alien interference in humanity a huge possibility and it would seem they helped push us in the direction we're heading today, maybe for reasons we can not understand, for their own agenda.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by soaringhawk

So some cave paintings with people having large eyes and a large head is hard evidence of e.t life? Don't be easily fooled and naive. There is no proof at all of e.t life. None at all.

There's more proof of extra terrestrial life than there is proof of anything religion spews out. Yet people believe so strongly in that.

The fact that there are thousands of cave paintings of otherworldly looking beings kind of suggests that it isn't just some coincidence that they all look similar.

edit on 7-30-2012 by Springer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by stew4media

Do you really think people in the past were drawing in the caves to make 'cartoons' ? lol..

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
no one has ever "seen" god but "he" is generally portrayed as a dude with a white beard wearing a robe.

if a story is told centuries ago and the story remains the pictures the people draw will always have similarities. it doesn't mean they really saw someone that looked like that.

there is not really a half man half horse..... no one has ever seen one (except on drugs).... yet there are many paintings and stories about this half man half horse.

so anyway, it's fun to think they may have seen aliens but i really think it's just a made up image of their "rain god".

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join