It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

50,000 year old paintings of 'Aliens'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by HumanCondition

I love aboriginal culture!

I wish it was as strong here in Victoria as it is up north and out west. Whilst my old man was working on the Tiwi islands he developed a strong bond with the locals.

I've been lucky enough to have been exposed to quite a bit first hand and also had a lot of Koori friends growing up. They're amazing people.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Anything is possible, who knows what they really represent.
The story connected with the Wandjina would sort of refute the idea tho.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imtor
Look, they have 5 fingers and 5 toes per hand/foot. We should not exclude that even if drawn with black eyes, these could be humans drawn.

P.S Apology not accepted. Aborigens will come to slice you, cook you in a cauldron, spice you up and eat you.
edit on 28-7-2012 by Imtor because: (no reason given)

They are supposed to represent human spirits. Nothing alien about them at all.

As one other poster said, Most Native Australian paint figures look very much alike, even when compairing them from tribe to tribe and region to region.

So there's nothing really to see here folks exept some really beautiful artwork..

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Charmeine
I read through the comments here, and was going to post my own. But I'm so disgusted at how some of you treat each other in the forums that I'm not saying anything else. Thumbs down for several of the posts here. Why can't people have civilized debates and discussions without getting rude and insulting?

I found the photos interesting, thanks for sharing OP.
People seem to take things a bit to literally, even tho I specifically tried to point out it was just a loose idea.

I wish I could just share an interesting idea without some people jumping to the conclusion that it is my life's philosophy or something...If those people actually took the time to read the OP they probably wouldn't have posted such crap.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by repeatoffender

To the OP no offense taken, great work.
Good to hear and thank you.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pirateofpsychonautics
reply to post by HumanCondition

I love aboriginal culture!

I wish it was as strong here in Victoria as it is up north and out west. Whilst my old man was working on the Tiwi islands he developed a strong bond with the locals.

I've been lucky enough to have been exposed to quite a bit first hand and also had a lot of Koori friends growing up. They're amazing people.

Its amazing, and yet we only know a tiny part of it.. Literally like one grain of sand on a beach.

The decline in culture is depressing, obviously I do not need to elaborate on the cause. Just another part of our world that will soon be demolished.

I have had a decent experience of their peoples and culture and I am thankful for that. I hope future generations can get that chance too.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
They looking like aliens from Zeta Reticuli 2.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Terrance Mckenna also saw Gray type aliens during his Ayuascha trips to south America. I think this is what the aborigionals see during their dreamtime hallucinations.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
5000 years from now, someone will discover video of some horror movies showing werewolves and zombies.

This will be conclusive proof to those living in 7012 that werewolves and zombies actually existed on the earth in 2012.

And if no gets this... there is no hope for humanity sanity.

edit on 29-7-2012 by pacifier2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
The beings in the OPs pictures sure do look like what a lot call the "Greys" to me.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by HumanCondition
No one is saying that they have to be exactly like greys.
These are tens of thousands of years old!

Actually your OP does say they look just like greys...

Originally posted by HumanCondition
In fact, they look just like Grey aliens from modern U.F.O. abduction scenarios.

I'm not saying that they aren't just "exactly like greys", I'm saying they don't resemble greys at all. Is there any feature whatsoever on the wandjina that is the same as the typical grey? Why is the color, neck, head, eyes, body, mouth and nose all wrong?

edit on 29-7-2012 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
S& F OP great post and great pics , im sorry you have to be attacked by the NAY sayers , PEOPLE THE POINT OF THIS FORUM IS TO BRING FOURTH TOPICS LIKE THIS ...How can you just shoot every topic down no it cant be , no there is no way , what is wrong with you kind of people , do you have to make the world as boring and plane as you are to sleep at night . Yes there is alot of BS out there but when you are given very very good proof that our ANcestors saw some very intereseting things ...SIGH +( this is ATS DENY IGNORANCE and denial is the wors kind of IGNORANCE

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Evidence shows & says it all. Yet people are ignorant.
Good post OP.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Left Brain, Right Brain

Right Brain: Atlantis, Emerald Tablet, there is a higher purpose to life.

Left Brain: People were not as intelligent 390 generations ago. It looks like my 8 year old drew a picture of his dad and two Aunts.

/shrug

Not a lot of Michelangelo's David's come from that area.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExploitedAliens
Evidence shows & says it all. Yet people are ignorant.
Good post OP.

Where is this evidence showing these paintings depict aliens? You should post it in the thread for us.

Why do the aboriginal people themselves deny that these pictures were of aliens? Why do they say they are paintings of cloud and rain spirits instead?

Who are you to tell them what their cave paintings represent? Don't you agree that's a bit arrogant?

Please have some respect for their sacred site. You could at least listen to the explanations of the aboriginal elders and story tellers instead of making up your own conclusion about what they represent and then calling anyone who doesn't do the same as you "ignorant".

edit on 29-7-2012 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Its their own myths that go with it that these are star people and don't use mouths to speak with, so telepathic. To attribute something else to it is to view their pictures and not read their myths, this is their artwork and their story.

Some of the quotes are on the OP.
edit on 29-7-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Im a doodler. Most of the day, at home or work, I doodle. I doodle so much that It blows my mind how every single doodle is diffrent. BUT.. Once in a while, and sometimes often, I tend to draw this one or a very few images that tend to look exactly the same every time I do it. They dont mean anything, and honestly, dont really look like anything. Yet, I have doodled this many a time.

Majority of my doodles dont look like anything... Some do. Though, in all my doodles, I have never tried to draw anything purposely, as all of them have been while completing other tasks... The doodles just help the thoughts flow from my mind easier, I think, without ever really knowing what you're putting down on paper.

About 2 months ago.. I started doing something I wouldnt normaly do.

I have a lazer mouse that doesnt like specific surfaces. I HATE using a mouse pad, and at the same time, I hate my mouse jumping all over because it doesnt like reflective surfaces. My desk happens to have a very reflective surface, so one day, I grabbed a stack of clean white paper (printer paper). Probably about 4-5 sheets made the perfect mouse pad. It was flat, stopped my mouse from skipping round, and most of all, I had a doodle pad!

So, over the months, I had been doing the usual, and doodling now and then on my makeshift mousepad. What I noticed though, many of my doodles were actually images of things, objects and what not. What were completely random doodles, none of which had any vision of a concept, somehow turned out to look like lil men with weird faces, cool looking inventive textures, animals, ships, stars, and just random stuff. Come to find out, even though my doodles were random and totaly not meant to be anything, yet they all took on forms of other things. It made me think.. "was this my subconsious telling me something by drawing out clues?" then I laughed to myself and crumped up one overly doodled page to be replaced by the clean sheet beneath it.

Point is... Anyone can draw their imagination, wether they do it on purpose or not. Either way.. it's still an imagination. You should see the story I wrote about a frog man in a family friends pond, that I wrote in 1st grade. My mom swore I copied it and didnt write it because of my age... but damnit.. I had a great imagination. If i didnt, I wouldnt have such wonderful dreams!

So.. sometimes, some things may be exactly that... Someones imaginative doodle. Remember, those guys didnt know science, they didnt know what a microscope was, a car, a buggy, probably didnt even know what a wheel was... Yet their imaginations were wild.. My first drawings in school was of big square robots.. I had never seen one, but I damn sure imagined them up so i could draw them.

I do the exact same with art. I use textures that I create from my mind and only my mind. I think about the feel, the glare, shadows, etc.. Some of those, many of those textures, I created out of thin air, based on something I touched or felt in some point of my life, I'm sure.. But my mind pulled up every detail, in such a way that had i seen it before hand, it might have taken it as a real texture or object. But almost every bit of my art comes from my mind and only my mind. When I draw or paint.. the first thing I see is a bright white paper with nothing but the image playing in my 3rd eye, invisioning it laid out on the paper... Then my hands softly trace what I see laid out there, but only reflecting from my mind.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I was taught that they had no mouths because, unlike 'modern gods', Wandjina don't pass judgement. They are there watching from the stars through the eyes of a pelican or eagle but they are not there to judge.

The truth is that there are a multitude of nations, family groups and ancient stories across Australia and only the right people will ever be given the stories to hold. Even then, one person will only be told a part of the story, the rest being held amongst other members of the community.

Then add into the mix that where there are stories, there are often minerals in the ground. That alone should give you a good indication of why these stories are so closely guarded. Mining companies have been know to take the wire brush into caves to remove all traces of prior occupation and culture before applying for exploration licenses.

Don't mistake silence for a diminishing culture.

As for aliens, one old man I knew referred to whitefella Australians as 'astray aliens'. I don't think he was being completely serious, or completely joking.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Alexander the Great

How do we know it's not? It's all about having an open mind. Where did the whole idea of Gods and beings of higher power even come from? It might have originated from different cultures having contact with extra terrestrials and them seeing them as Gods.

Or it might have just come from human imagination, who knows.

reply to post by jhn7537

I'm not sure if I would class myself as one, but I deeply love their music. Are you?

reply to post by lonewolf19792000

There are countless wall paintings and art from different civilizations and cultures that are very similar. Would this mean they're all hopped up on desert shrooms?

You can't just disregard everything that might have something to do with life from another planet just because there is no solid evidence that supports it. There is no solid evidence of Gods from Christianity, Islam or Judaism but look at how many followers they have. Diehard followers too.

Why can't it be the same for extra terrestrial life? Why do people need solid evidence to believe in them?

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Looks to me like they were buzzing of some form of natural psychotropic and shared their experience by painting the visions they had the previous night.

They would of done this because there would of been no words at the time to describe the experience they had, paintings would of been a good way to express the visions they had. That is my opinion on the subject anyway.

But who knows, maybe they did see extraterrestrials.
edit on 29/7/12 by Ezappa because: (no reason given)

edit on 29/7/12 by Ezappa because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join