It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

50,000 year old paintings of 'Aliens'

page: 8
74
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
In this vast universe of billions of galaxies, billions of stars, trillions of planets, i must say that I firmly believe that there are other life forms out there, not necessarily advanced, maybe primitive. If we ever discover life in some basic form in our own back yard for example on say 1 of jupiters moons then we could start thinking that life in the universe is wide spread, and therefore advanced intelligent life forms are likely.

But to think that an alien life form that has visited earth would even remotely resemble us I think is ridiculous, 2 big eyes? 2 arms, fingers and toes, I can't stop lolz.




posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla
 


Wow, good to see that Thesaurus you bought is working out great for you.

Any-who, I grew up in parts of Queensland where the Aboriginal culture is still very believed in and practiced. I also have Aboriginal cousins. I now live in New South Wales, and my farmer neighbour is of Aboriginal heritage. The entire valley that my town is set in, was once his peoples land. He has taken me into very remote parts of the hills, and shown me cave paintings that only his family knows about. He tells me the stories that were passed down to him, by his father, and his fathers father. I have been EXTREMELY offended by some of the comments made on this thread. The Australian Aboriginals live in peace with the land. How can anybody say that they are or were 'less advanced'. Technologically, maybe, but spiritually and physically they were extremely advanced human beings. Being able to live peacefully with your earth surroundings, and not destroying it for profit is being an advanced race.



posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by just_julie

Wow, good to see that Thesaurus you bought is working out great for you.
Seriously? Your follow-up to that↑, begins with "Any-who"?


Originally posted by just_julie

Any-who.......



posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles
 


Is there something wrong with saying any-who?
It's common slang where I live. Sorry if it means something degrading to you, I really didn't know.



posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by messar
reply to post by TheLegend
 


Where did you find these pictures? Are there any more? They're quite stunning.


Plenty. Many are even in renaissance paintings.





Here's a compilation of several.
www.design-laorosa.com...

In my research last year I noticed a very peculiar connection.
In oral history, the Moai on Easter Island were said to be commanded by "divine power" to "walk". The earliest accounts say a king named Tuu Ku Ihu moved them with the help of the god Makemake. This is the only ancient account of how the statues were moved (which sounds like a technological process that was being misunderstood by a primitive observer). One of the statues still at the quarry is 70 ft tall and 270 tonnes btw.

Even more curious is how Makemake looked, as recorded on a petroglyph.
Easter Island.


Which is similar to one of the figures of Nazca.
Peru.


And the Wandija.
Australia.



edit on 29-7-2012 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by HumanCondition
 


Im just thinking aloud here...what if all these very similar petroglyphs worldwide were inspired by something very real that we all know has a lot of superstition attached to it worldwide:

the mandrake root

London science museum files



posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by reject
reply to post by HumanCondition
 


Im just thinking aloud here...what if all these very similar petroglyphs worldwide were inspired by something very real that we all know has a lot of superstition attached to it worldwide:

the mandrake root

London science museum files


I've gotta say that does not look like any mandrake root I've ever seen, or even a root at all. It looks like a carved piece of coral. Do you have a link for the pic?

At any rate there is no mandrake in Australia. Nice hypothesis though...



posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
This is my philosophy on alien life.

Of course there is alien life out there but it may not be in the form we think it is. Look at life here on earth - bacteria is a form of life. Right?

The universe is a big place, it would be an awful waste of space if it was just us. Quoting from Contact.

Other races will make their presence known, when the time is right - on their terms. It won't be for our benefit. And it may not be a friendly visit. I'm with Stephen Hawkings on his theories. Smart man.

As for the paintings, unfortunately we'll never know the truth behind them or what the artists inspirations were. For all we know, this could be a form of abstract art like we see today. Still - an interesting find.



posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pedro4077
reply to post by bluemirage5
 



"It is known a white civilization arrived here long before the Aboriginal people" - Pfft. Sure mate.

We have been here for 60 000 years, where is your proof of a white civilization.
edit on 28-7-2012 by Pedro4077 because: (no reason given)


I don't believe his claim but where is your proof it was your people who have been here for 60 000 years.

As soon as you remove all the signs excluding me from 1000's & 1000's of square km of my country (based on my race) I will be glad to investigate his claim though.

Remove No Blacks/Dogs/Irish sign cause it is offensive, replace it with no Whitey. No problem.



posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by WorkingClassMan
 


As Pauline would say it best: "Please Explain?"



posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by repeatoffender

Originally posted by Imtor
Look, they have 5 fingers and 5 toes per hand/foot. We should not exclude that even if drawn with black eyes, these could be humans drawn.

P.S Apology not accepted. Aborigens will come to slice you, cook you in a cauldron, spice you up and eat you.
edit on 28-7-2012 by Imtor because: (no reason given)


hey mate, i dont slice people,or cook them in a cauldron, or eat them. but i have pointed the bone. think about your comments before reply.
To the OP no offense taken, great work.


There is a fine line between what is taken as a joke & what is not, I'm just not sure where u stand, cause you seem offended but then "possibly" make a joke.

I could respond with of course u don't cook them in a cauldron, Indigenous cooking never evolved that far, you would just skin them and roll them around in the coals for a while before chowing down.

Is this bone you speak of the same bone I point at womenz daily or one of your ancestors finger bones?
My house boy died after having the bone pointed at him so think about your comments before you reply.

OP why the apology, anybody who takes offence to such a good post isn't worth apologizing to.



posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by just_julie
reply to post by WorkingClassMan
 


As Pauline would say it best: "Please Explain?"


Ask a question I would be glad to otherwise I can only make statements based on assumptions.

Disclaimer assumptions involved in answers below.

I have not been presented with hard evidence of white man predating black man in Oz so I don't believe it, but due to the law I can't investigate it either.
Such investigation while pointless IMO would give me access to places I would like to go though. Any excuse is a good excuse.
How do we know current Aboriginals are the descendants of origional Aboriginals?
The signs we used to display were considered racist & imo rightly so. i.e No Blacks, Dogs, or Irish allowed.
These racist signs were removed yet others are now common place which to me are equally racist & are accompanied by fines & jail time.
In layman's terms because I'm white I have to pay and go to jail just for being in the wrong part of OUR country.
Way to move forward Australia, fight racism with racism.
edit on 30-7-2012 by WorkingClassMan because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   



posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by WorkingClassMan
 


What are these 'signs' you are talking about? Yes I know about the usage of signage in public places that promoted segregation, but I'm sure there aren't places like that now. Are you referring to the 'no trespassing signs' on the edges of certain sacred land spots that are now legally owned by Aboriginals? Well, how would you like someone coming onto your property uninvited, trashing up your sacred place?? I'm pretty sure trespassing is illegal no matter who you are. You can get permission from elders to go onto the land, to appreciate it's history and culture if you would like to. Otherwise, it's trespassing, plain and simple.



posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by just_julie
reply to post by Druscilla
 


Wow, good to see that Thesaurus you bought is working out great for you.

Any-who, I grew up in parts of Queensland where the Aboriginal culture is still very believed in and practiced. I also have Aboriginal cousins. I now live in New South Wales, and my farmer neighbour is of Aboriginal heritage. The entire valley that my town is set in, was once his peoples land. He has taken me into very remote parts of the hills, and shown me cave paintings that only his family knows about. He tells me the stories that were passed down to him, by his father, and his fathers father. I have been EXTREMELY offended by some of the comments made on this thread. The Australian Aboriginals live in peace with the land. How can anybody say that they are or were 'less advanced'. Technologically, maybe, but spiritually and physically they were extremely advanced human beings. Being able to live peacefully with your earth surroundings, and not destroying it for profit is being an advanced race.



Right.
So, nothing you've said disputes anything I've discussed.

So what if the aboriginals lived peaceably in harmony with the land?
So what if some of your heritage is connected to the aboriginal culture?
So what if you were given privileged access to cultural heritage sites?
So what if you're personally offended over comments in a public forum?

That's all very well and good. Be proud of your heritage all you want.

Are these depictions of aliens, or are these depictions of a BELIEF in aliens/sky people, or whatever you want to call them?

Or perhaps these are depictions of something a little bit more abstract?



posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
awesome pics op, im fortunate enough to have seen these in northen aus. i believe what you imply out of this world mate



posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

Originally posted by just_julie
reply to post by Druscilla
 


Wow, good to see that Thesaurus you bought is working out great for you.

Any-who, I grew up in parts of Queensland where the Aboriginal culture is still very believed in and practiced. I also have Aboriginal cousins. I now live in New South Wales, and my farmer neighbour is of Aboriginal heritage. The entire valley that my town is set in, was once his peoples land. He has taken me into very remote parts of the hills, and shown me cave paintings that only his family knows about. He tells me the stories that were passed down to him, by his father, and his fathers father. I have been EXTREMELY offended by some of the comments made on this thread. The Australian Aboriginals live in peace with the land. How can anybody say that they are or were 'less advanced'. Technologically, maybe, but spiritually and physically they were extremely advanced human beings. Being able to live peacefully with your earth surroundings, and not destroying it for profit is being an advanced race.



Right.
So, nothing you've said disputes anything I've discussed.

So what if the aboriginals lived peaceably in harmony with the land?
So what if some of your heritage is connected to the aboriginal culture?
So what if you were given privileged access to cultural heritage sites?
So what if you're personally offended over comments in a public forum?

That's all very well and good. Be proud of your heritage all you want.

Are these depictions of aliens, or are these depictions of a BELIEF in aliens/sky people, or whatever you want to call them?

Or perhaps these are depictions of something a little bit more abstract?




The whole post wasn't in reply to you, just the thesaurus bit, but I will answer your questions.

Right.
So, nothing you've said disputes anything I've discussed.
-Yes that is correct. I am neither challenging or supporting your guesses. It just looks like you are trying way too hard to impress with linguistic skills.

So what if the aboriginals lived peaceably in harmony with the land?
-In my eyes, that is an advanced race. They knew how nature worked, how to survive in some of the toughest climates on earth, that you need to give to receive with mother nature. They did it for 60,000 years. I doubt we will be around that long with the way we treat this planet.

So what if some of your heritage is connected to the aboriginal culture?
-And what do YOU mean by that??

So what if you were given privileged access to cultural heritage sites?
- I feel very lucky and privileged to be trusted enough to be shown these places.

So what if you're personally offended over comments in a public forum?
-I am also free here to express my opinions and feelings.

Are these depictions of aliens, or are these depictions of a BELIEF in aliens/sky people, or whatever you want to call them?
- At the end of the day, NOBODY KNOWS. Anyone, no matter how educated in ancient histories they are could tell you. Too much history and culture has been lost and forgotten over time, not only in the Aboriginal culture, but all over the world since humans started being able to move around the planet, country to country a lot easier.

So we can only listen to our elders. Listen to their advice. Listen to the stories that have been passed down through generations.
edit on 30/7/2012 by just_julie because: Just added last bit.



posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
no doubt... there is hundreds of paintings alike worldwide



posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by just_julie

The whole post wasn't in reply to you, just the thesaurus bit, but I will answer your questions.

Right.
So, nothing you've said disputes anything I've discussed.
-Yes that is correct. I am neither challenging or supporting your guesses. It just looks like you are trying way too hard to impress with linguistic skills.

So what if the aboriginals lived peaceably in harmony with the land?
-In my eyes, that is an advanced race. They knew how nature worked, how to survive in some of the toughest climates on earth, that you need to give to receive with mother nature. They did it for 60,000 years. I doubt we will be around that long with the way we treat this planet.

So what if some of your heritage is connected to the aboriginal culture?
-And what do YOU mean by that??

So what if you were given privileged access to cultural heritage sites?
- I feel very lucky and privileged to be trusted enough to be shown these places.

So what if you're personally offended over comments in a public forum?
-I am also free here to express my opinions and feelings.

Are these depictions of aliens, or are these depictions of a BELIEF in aliens/sky people, or whatever you want to call them?
- At the end of the day, NOBODY KNOWS. Anyone, no matter how educated in ancient histories they are could tell you. Too much history and culture has been lost and forgotten over time, not only in the Aboriginal culture, but all over the world since humans started being able to move around the planet, country to country a lot easier.

So we can only listen to our elders. Listen to their advice. Listen to the stories that have been passed down through generations.


Thank you for your clarifications.
Your personal attack in jealousy over my education and facility with language, however, is not welcome.
I don't have to try. I don't need or use a Thesaurus, ever.
That might be a difficult concept for you to grasp, but, that's your handicap, not mine.

As for listening to elders, have you considered that the world is the way it is because of our elders, what they've done, or didn't do when they could have?

Not everything, however, is bad. The world is far from being perfect. In some ways it's much better than it has been in the past, or ever has been, and in other ways, it's much worse.

As for belief, you're welcome to your beliefs. Everyone should be welcome to their beliefs.
Everyone, should, however, also be welcome to criticism from those that don't share their beliefs.
You have your opinion, and others will have theirs.



posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Very cool. We will be seeing these creatures soon. Ive seen plenty of ufos lately. no lie!




top topics



 
74
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

log in

join