It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

50,000 year old paintings of 'Aliens'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
The Dreamtime Story of "The Quinkins" could also be interprated as Alien Races.

edit on 28-7-2012 by Pedro4077 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-7-2012 by Pedro4077 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Historians and archeologists tend to agree that myths and simple stories were likely passed on throughout the generations in an oral tradition in the far past. What they took the time to put onto the walls and engrave into stone, likely had a more significant purpose in way of importance and meaning.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imtor
reply to post by Druscilla

You think wrong. You think that people make up stories, in the current case it is not a madeup story, it is humans seeing their 5 fingers and toes. Not a fake story if a story at all..

Ah, yes, hmm, I think wrong, you say?
And I suppose jumping to a conclusion without any critical thought into the matter, without any training or experience in sociology, nor any experience or learning in anthropology as it applies to ancient cultures, based on your opinion alone, from what you see, with no educational/academic credentials, you know exactly how to think about, look at, and interpret petrogyphs?

Please, tell us about the degrees you hold with concentrations in sociology and/or anthropology specifically as it applies to ancient cultures.
If you don't have any such training, then, I would suggest you reconsider the processes for which one learns to think correctly in the interpretation of cultural artifacts left by dead or ancient cultures.

edit on 28-7-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by mainidh

You'd also think, at least I do, that if ancient aliens were visiting Aborigines 50,000 years ago, they would not still to this day be one of the most primitive tribal people on the planet. Unless the biggest technological advancement the aliens had was a bent stick.

edit on 28-7-2012 by mainidh because: (no reason given)

I dont think like that I think the past aborigines of every land were in their time far more advanced culturally & naturally than we are today FAR more advanced...

lol anthropology training lmao degrees, modern academia is a riot, anyone who holds a piece of paper in such high regard needs more experience.
edit on 7/28/2012 by -W1LL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

Secondly, whose to say they are Aliens? It is known a white civilization arrived here long before the Aboriginal people as there was of a similar civilization before the Mori Ori of NZ.

Aliens or not, I don't know. I doubt they are and are just paintings relating their history. Almost all Aboriginal cultures around the world have done it. Saying that, this line caught my eye. Can you provide some info on this? I have never heard that claim before about Australia or New Zealand.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by -W1LL

Originally posted by mainidh

You'd also think, at least I do, that if ancient aliens were visiting Aborigines 50,000 years ago, they would not still to this day be one of the most primitive tribal people on the planet. Unless the biggest technological advancement the aliens had was a bent stick.

edit on 28-7-2012 by mainidh because: (no reason given)

I dont think like that I think the past aborigines of every land were in their time far more advanced culturally & naturally than we are today FAR more advanced...

lol anthropology training lmao degrees, modern academia is a riot, anyone who holds a piece of paper in such high regard needs more experience.
edit on 7/28/2012 by -W1LL because: (no reason given)

They knew how to look after the land, live off it and not waste resources. Pretty much it. Something we should know how to do. But that doesn't mean they were advanced. Let alone 'far more' advanced.

Whose holding a piece of paper and claiming anything by the way? It wasn't tribal nomadic peoples that gave you the technology to discuss this topic with people from every corner of the world, either.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sozen94
reply to post by nerbot

I believe the word you're looking for is ignorance, my friend.
Believing we're the only lifeforms in the entire universe isn't being level headed. In my opinion anyway

Very funny (my friend).

Believing we are not alone in the universe is a sign of gross insecurity and a refusal to accept that what we are is not important in the big scheme of things.

It is sad that so many people look outwards instead of inwards for the great mysteries of life, even our own oceans, teeming with life, go undiscovered all because we have been steered by fiction and fantasy (and the odd nutter) into funding billions into a "space-race" and space exploration.

Cave paintings prove nothing and those who currently believe without ANY proof are the ignorant ones.

And humans also lie and make stuff up....a lot.

I have seen a UFO with my own eyes but I don't believe it was other-worldly.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by HumanCondition

I mentioned it in a previous post, I always thought they looked like the Greys

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sozen94
Wow, that's amazing.

I still don't believe how people can be so skeptical when it comes to aliens.
S&F

I can't either, but as you know many are. I know because I have seen, touched, and communicated with, but even before that had a strong feeling that Earth was but a small part of a large community.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

do you have a link to your story?

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

You think wrong. You think that people make up stories, in the current case it is not a madeup story, it is humans seeing their 5 fingers and toes. Not a fake story if a story at all..

And I suppose jumping to a conclusion without any critical thought into the matter, without any training or experience in sociology, nor any experience or learning in anthropology as it applies to ancient cultures, based on your opinion alone, from what you see, with no educational/academic credentials, you know exactly how to think about, look at, and interpret petrogyphs?

Please, tell us about the degrees you hold with concentrations in sociology and/or anthropology specifically as it applies to ancient cultures.
If you don't have any such training, then, I would suggest you reconsider the processes for which one learns to think correctly in the interpretation of cultural artifacts left by dead or ancient cultures.

If you just look at the pictures the OP posted,yes you can speculate anything you want.
But IF you REALLY study the ancient civilazations and you see the same patterns over and over again,then you will assume that some things are more than fairy tales.Ancient civilazations that,as far as we know,had no contact with each other(due to different times or distance) and they share the same "fairy tales" and the same or similar artwork,means that they all saw the same thing.
Example:
Egypt

Sumer

I'm not going to jump to the conclusion that they are aliens,although the resemblance with the modern greys is obvious.
So before you go around waving your degrees and insulting the other members,do a little research and stop quoting what mainstream sociology and anthopology teaches.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Images can be interpreted in so many different ways and utilize certain contexts and recent events to influence how one sees a image.

With the recent Batman related killings, i see the Joker in this image, does it truely depict that....? who knows.

We assign meaning to images that are were not intended by the original artist in some instances.
edit on 28-7-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Are these the same beings guarding "the Pyramid of Dreams" in the grids of Australia?
www.crystalinks.com... I get goosebumps from seeing those depictions of those beings, it makes me question how high of a level of consciousness did ancient humans have to coexist with those beings?

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
These arguments are so ridiculous.

It's an art piece, a stylized representation of reality. If they wanted it to look like a real person they would have tried. The people look like they are wearing masks/paint anyway.

Do you know how many artists draw cartoon people with big eyes nowadays? Humans like you in the future will think sponge-bob was our alien visitor.
edit on 28-7-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by HumanCondition

One of 'em guy (the centre one) only got 4 finger per hands, while the other has 5.
They kinda look dorky.
Great thread. Are we sure no Illuminati is involved in creating this snake-men (reptilian) story?

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

horrible analogy of interpreting extra terrestrial/dimensional beings.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
We could stick a picture of Crowley's Lam channeling/communication and see a connection to those ancient images shown in the OP also. So perhaps it is dimensional and might not be human, but entirely earth based still in origin.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

once again if anyone disagrees with u then they aren,t worth their post......instead of shooting everyone down that posts anything then maybe this is a little crazy but actually u may want to consider they are rite and ur wrong.

and for these academical and educational credentials,what about them?do we all have to be as smart as u think u are to challenge them?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join