It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.N. Commission Calls for Legalizing Prostitution Worldwide

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

Wow this would be great! the government would have to pay me for screwing me out of money every payday? I get money and a good time! Oh wait its the government, forget the good time, and they would just tax me on the money they just paid me. so they would have to pay me again for taxing(screwing)me, and then ... aw damn i just pulled a muscle in my brain.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Please don't be angry with me because I want better for you or my daughter. If you are happy with this profession, who am I to tell you not to do it. If my daughter was happy doing the same who am I to tell her not to do it. If I want better for the both of you, who is anyone to tell me I shouldn't want this?
This once again depends in which society/culture you're brought up in. The 'Who' is a responsible parent. Its a parent's duty and right in many cultures to stop someone from making a mistake knowingly (entering the profession of prostitution). In many cultures, there is no questions asked who the father or mother is to stop the children from wrong doings. But that is a whole different thread about 'Culture' in itself.
edit on 25-7-2012 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by tluna1
reply to post by hp1229

Wow this would be great! the government would have to pay me for screwing me out of money every payday? I get money and a good time! Oh wait its the government, forget the good time, and they would just tax me on the money they just paid me. so they would have to pay me again for taxing(screwing)me, and then ... aw damn i just pulled a muscle in my brain.
In other words...its their way of saying and actually make you 'go eff yourself'

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

reply to post by SibylofErythrae

And again you rely on logical fallacy to make an argument. You have no facts to support your advocacy of prohibition of prostitution, so you've spent most of your time engaging in ad hominem attacks and declaring crowning yourself royalty on what "the depths of a woman" constitutes and what demonstrates meaningful sex. If you had facts on your side, it is reasonable to believe you would rely on facts instead of logical fallacy.

I love the fact that you sort of bastarize my style while actually inputting no actual content. Its an interesting talent.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Most men can't afford a ten minute bad blow-job from a cross-eyed syphilitic whore in anything expect a society in total breakdown.

OMG that's hilarious, on that note I have to go cook supper.

edit on 043131p://bWednesday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

LOL your right!

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
Fair enough. I think we agree on a lot more than you realize, but if you are keying on the "hard-wired," I can make it irrelavent.

Suppose I'm not hard-wired, but I just happen to enjoy fast cars, motorcycles, lean adventurous women, guns, barbeque, swimming pools, music, etc., and through my travels and relationships with women, I have found a number of women that enjoyed the same things, and eventually married one, and maybe occasionally we enjoy hiring a prostitute, or maybe just a few sexy guys and girls to cater a party we're throwing. We hire "entertainers," not because we are hard-wired, or even socially programmed, but just because we made the conscious choice to do so, and the entertainers are people we know that are also educated, successful, and have made the choice to work as an entertainer...... why would it be anyone's business but the individuals involved? Why would there need to be social norms, religious idealogies, and laws prohibiting it?

It's not irrelevent, you made a statement that was false which you have been unable to support, so you have attempted to deflect rather than admit to such.

As an adult you can make any choice that you want, be as self-indulgent and materialistic, as you can afford to be. Morals may or may not have anything to do with it. It is your choice, not hard wiring. If you wish your daughter to be as equally driven by materialism that she will willing sell her body for cash, because it's cash that counts, then fine support her in doing so. But to me, there is far more to being human, and I certainly do not admire anyone who would choose such a lifestyle or make such a choice. But it is their choice. And it depends very much, I suppose on the values that you instil in your children as to whether they would consider that a viable choice, personally, I do not wish my child to be so materialistic, but that is my choice in the values I try to instil. I believe that such selfishness is what is most harmful to us as a species and what is leading to the societal rot, and the behavioural sink that we currently find ourselves in. But your child, and your choice in how to raise them, and clearly, the example that you set for them.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

You seem pretty experienced in the field, however the figures don't add up.
It was 50 euro for 20 min, the bottles were 20 euro every hour or so. Basically, simple arithmetic dictates that she was actually making a lose while with me.

Trust me, that place was packed, and she was probably the prettiest girl in there. So I'm not sure your point is valid in this case.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Originally posted by SibylofErythrae
reply to post by getreadyalready

And prostitution IS a societal norm my friend. Name me ONE time in the history of man that there wasn't sex for money or sex for trade?
Name one time in the history of man that there wasn't slaves for money or sex ? It is abolished. But it wasn't impossible. Slavery that is

edit on 25-7-2012 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

So now the frail, physical body = the eternal soul? I don't understand why some people are so defensive about their bodies. Like if its some holy vessel that must remain pure and untouched. Literally, you are a bag of meat. Living and aware, yes. But still a bag of meat. This goes for everyone. And being penetrated for money doesn't mean you lose your "soul".

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

I love the fact that you've ignored the demonstrable content I most obviously put in this thread that handily demonstrated a decrease in rape and STD's where prohibition of prostitution does not exist and now pretend that demonstrable content doesn't exist. It exists and is there for you to respond to at any time.. Instead you have declined to do so.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TheReclaimer

So we are a bag of meat?

Exactly, that is what we have been reduced to.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

And prostitution IS a societal norm my friend. Name me ONE time in the history of man that there wasn't sex for money or sex for trade?

Just one.

Here's a tip, you won't find one.

There is no evidence of sexual trade prior to civilisation. Sex as a commodity is a modern invention.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Most men I know, myself included, everything they do, they do for the love of woman. Not just sex with that woman, but for the true blue love of that woman. Men I know, including myself, bust their assess off so they can provide for that woman as best they can, as is expected of them. Men I know, including myself, make all kinds of efforts to understand the raging hormones rushing through a woman at any given moment that even they don't understand and will attempt all sorts of appeasements and acknowledgments just to keep them happy. Men I know, myself included, have resigned themselves to the fact that sex is up to them and we are only lucky if they favor us with their sexual desires. Most men I know, myself included, want sex several times throughout the day every day, 7 days a week, every week out of the month, 13 months a year.

For that single guy who has not found any favor with that special woman willing to favor him with her sexual desire, who are you or anyone else to tell him he is an asshole for paying for that sex from a woman who is willingly providing a service?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

I love the fact that you've ignored the demonstrable content I most obviously put in this thread that handily demonstrated a decrease in rape and STD's where prohibition of prostitution does not exist and now pretend that demonstrable content doesn't exist. It exists and is there for you to respond to at any time.. Instead you have declined to do so.

Would you also like to address the general decline of the family and the ability for society to continue itself in these homoegenous cultures? Because several of these cultures are homeogenous, and in fertility breakdown. The consequences of this are just starting to become apparent, and the lack of a contingious culture is meaning they are bringing in cultures that do not agree and are breeding and will replace them in under two generations. Where your views will become totally irrelevant as these cultures are replaced by ones that are not so self-destructive to the individuals and the societal whole with their long-term blindness.

In some of the other cultures, reporting is sketchy at best.

Again, I'm not against legalization. I'm against prostitution as a societal normal model.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Biliverdin

Just one.

There is no evidence of sexual trade prior to civilisation. Sex as a commodity is a modern invention.

Where are the records that indicate this as being fact? As far as I understand it, that sort of recorded history would have only began with civilization.

We've been "civilized" for thousands of years, I hardly call that modern.

~Tenth
edit on 7/25/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

No, not reduced. This is what we physically are. Men and women. I am trying to point out that a prostitute would share this mentality too, their bodies as a tool for monetary gain. And again, not all women would be comfortable with this idea.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheReclaimer

So now the frail, physical body = the eternal soul? I don't understand why some people are so defensive about their bodies. Like if its some holy vessel that must remain pure and untouched. Literally, you are a bag of meat. Living and aware, yes. But still a bag of meat. This goes for everyone. And being penetrated for money doesn't mean you lose your "soul".

I didn't say you lose your soul.

You don't understand why people might be defensive about putting other's body parts inside themselves.

Really?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Biliverdin

Just one.

Where are the records that indicate this as being fact? As far as I understand it, that sort of recorded history would have only began with civilization.

We've been "civilized" for thousands of years, I hardly call that modern.

~Tenth
edit on 7/25/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

And over most of that time men have set up cultures so that they don't have to sexually share women because they don't want to share them if they have any choice.

Says something pretty profound in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Would you also like to address the general decline of the family and the ability for society to continue itself in these homoegenous cultures?

I regularly address the general decline of the family in this site and also regularly point out, and have in fact made the point in this very thread that "society" has no ability at all. Your deflection of the general decline of the family is not germane to this topic. The general decline of the American family began long after prohibition for prostitution, but that decline of the American family has nothing at all to do with that.

All you have done is deflect and once again declined to address the facts I posted in this thread - that would be the content you disingenuously claimed I had not added - but instead are now yammering on about off topic issues.

edit on 25-7-2012 by Jean Paul Zodeaux because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join