It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.N. Commission Calls for Legalizing Prostitution Worldwide

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I wouldn't want my daughter to be somebody's maid either. I guess that profession is for other peoples daughters. I wouldn't want my daughter to be a soldier in the army either. I guess that profession is for other peoples daughters. I wouldn't certainly would want my daughter (with respect to 2the10th's daughter) to an attorney. I guess that profession is for other peoples daughters.

If my daughter were to become a maid, a soldier, or a prostitute I would love no less...not sure about if she were to become an attorney though...just kidding.

It is not up to me what profession my daughter chooses. I am there to guide her and instruct her as best I can, but more importantly than anything else, I am there to love her and protect her as best I can.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I took a little straw poll in between posts while ago, from my office staff, 2 men, and 2 women, asked them if they would let a naked, sweaty, fat man grind around on top of them for $1000 per hour for a couple of hours 5 days per week. I got 3 yeses and 1 no. Both women said a resounding yes, the younger man also said yes, the older man rolled his eyes and shook his head no.

Saying yes and actually doing it are two different things.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by stolski21

I didn't I said perhaps you felt this way.

And no, that won't solve the problem of the human trafficking trade to educate girls and put more funding into certain things.

You have to destroy the market for illegal sex if you want to solve the problem. You don't do that by creating a black market like they have by making it criminal.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

OMG guess what, that is exactly what I do, I am a housekeeper.

I scrub peoples toilets to earn money to buy supplies for my jewelry making supplies,

Yup that's what I do.

Now what?

On another forum many years ago, I was actually told that since I was a housekeeper, I was to stupid to have a valuable opinion,

edit on 033131p://bWednesday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Very true.

Saying vows, and actually sticking to them are very different things as well.

Sex is a healthy, natural, and enjoyable thing. Taking a lifelong vow to abstain from it, with dire penalties of breaking up families or careers at the very mention of infidelity decades down the road is about the most illogical thing anyone in this nation could agree to.

Prostitution may not be for everyone. Personally, I could never be a nurse. I couldn't clean up feces, and blood, and watch people waste away in old folks homes, the profession is disgusting to me, but I don't want to outlaw it, I'm glad there are people willing to be nurses. I would be a better prostitute than I would a nurse.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
If the female apes are taking multiple partners, doesn't that indicate that the males are also having sex with more than one partner?

Once they have earned procreation rights, yes. But they are equally able to consign themselves to a subordinate role within the group, for the sake of the group. So no, it is not hard wired, my point remains.

As for human evidence, can I present to you the US's divorce rate due to infidelity, the single-parent statistics, the child support industry, the crimes of passion, murders, rapes, etc. How about the cliche of the man jumping out an upper story window with pants on one leg when a hubby comes home early? Things don't become cliche if they never happen. How about young males braving overbearing fathers with shotguns, just to get a goodnight kiss? You think that is love or lust? Sure, a lot of the examples are pop culture, but they were pop culture in the 90s, 80s, 70s, 60s, 50s, all the way back to the 1800s, 1700s, etc. Why do you suppose the religions are so intent on regulating the sexual activity?

If that is all you can come up with, by all means present it. However, given that we, as a species have existed and evolved over many, many tens of thousands of years, and you are presenting behaviouralism from only the past few hundred, it does seem rather paltry evidence at best of what is and isn't hard wired. We may have been conditioned by civilisation to behave in the way that you describe, but again, absolutely nothing to do with any 'hard wiring' as you claim.

If it wasn't an innate desire, we wouldn't need religious mandates and laws preventing it would we?

Social control, that would be why, dear. Religious mandates and laws do not prevent anything, they legitimise certain and defined behaviours. There is a very considerable difference. Humans were pair bonding, or raising children in groups and generally procreating quite happily and efficiently long before laws were introduced defining the norm of how that was to be done.

link   

Well I'll tell you what, I would "love" her enough to get her out of the business of selling her body.

link   

Your outlook on sex...grosses me out. Just saying'

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

OMG guess what, that is exactly what I do, I am a housekeeper.

I scrub peoples toilets to earn money to buy supplies for my jewelry making supplies,

Yup that's what I do.

Now what?

On another forum many years ago, I was actually told that since I was a housekeeper, I was to stupid to have a valuable opinion,

edit on 033131p://bWednesday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

AWESOME!

I don't know what you mean by "now what?" But surely you can see the corollaries?

Are prostitutes too stupid to make up their own minds and have valid opinions? Hell, I've worked as a maid before for that stupid Swisher company cleaning toilets, and I've also worked as an executive at a huge corporation. Our profession doesn't define us, so why do we want to dictate what other people can or can't do as their profession?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Please don't be angry with me because I want better for you or my daughter. If you are happy with this profession, who am I to tell you not to do it. If my daughter was happy doing the same who am I to tell her not to do it. If I want better for the both of you, who is anyone to tell me I shouldn't want this?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Biliverdin

Social control, that would be why, dear.

So we agree? The only reason it is illegal is for social control. An intelligent and well-informed population doesn't require social control, and there is no logical need for the religous norms or the restrictive laws. They are just forms of manipulation against a people deemed to stupid to make their own decisions.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Ah yes. I thought I should add for OrphenFire - as an extension of what I was posting there earlier:

Let me float another outcome for you about the idea that if payment makes more sex available for the guys who might go psycho for being turned down. If you monetize sex in society as a primary model, most of the men on this planet can't afford the "services" being rendered to them right now. You might want to think about what it would mean if women actually were thinking in these terms regularly.

Most men can't afford a ten minute bad blow-job from a cross-eyed syphilitic whore in anything expect a society in total breakdown.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Well I'll tell you what, I would "love" her enough to get her out of the business of selling her body.

Would you expect me to "love" my daughter enough to get her out of the business of selling her body as a housekeeper too?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by stolski21

I didn't I said perhaps you felt this way.

And no, that won't solve the problem of the human trafficking trade to educate girls and put more funding into certain things.

You have to destroy the market for illegal sex if you want to solve the problem. You don't do that by creating a black market like they have by making it criminal.

~Tenth

DJHGLSJDGS this goes back to what I said, " Being more productive than destructive" If these underprivileged young women can get a education and make something of themselves and fend for themselves and be productive. Then they wouldn't have to resort/ be in the position where sex is the only way to make ends meet. Now saying that I know that won't solve the trafficking, but Rome was not built in a day as they say. With more of these women gaining more knowledge and more of a ability to stand on their own. They increase the likeliness that their kids will follow in their footsteps.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by lambs to lions

Your outlook on sex...grosses me out. Just saying'

Are you trying to proposition me?

Come on now, you'd be surprised how many times a very similar statement to that has led to sex within hours!

I'm not saying everyone has to have the same outlooks, or habits, or fetishes, or perversions as I have, that is the whole point. Nobody should be dictating the sex lives of others, and that includes prostitution.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I'm actually quite conservative when it comes to prostitution. I don't believe any woman given the choice would want to sell her body and I don't believe any father would ever wish for his daughter to take up the profession. For me they are strong enough arguments against prostitution. I don't think people should be criminalised for sleeping with a prostitute, but I don't think it should be something society promotes.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

This isn't about intellect.

Many women that get involved with prostitution have also been victims of sexual abuse,

Who on earth would want their child to be reduced to prostitution.

Listen I am far from a uptight women, I love my partner, had a wonderful sex life.

This topic always makes me livid.

It's a long story.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

And how would you do that?

Say she has a law degree, 5 years working for a firm she despises, a boss that manipulates and abuses her work ethic to get richer themselves. She has dated men, been unhappy in several relationships, but enjoys sex. She is strong-willed, capable of taking care of herself, confident in her own beauty, and own body, and she has a good support system in you and her friends, and she decides to start stripping, and the money is quadruple what she makes at the law firm, and she loves the dancing, and loves the other girls, and is respected and appreciated by her boss.

You would "get her out of the business" for her own good? Really?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

reply to post by Biliverdin

Social control, that would be why, dear.

So we agree? The only reason it is illegal is for social control. An intelligent and well-informed population doesn't require social control, and there is no logical need for the religous norms or the restrictive laws. They are just forms of manipulation against a people deemed to stupid to make their own decisions.

I have already stated I have no strong feelings about the legalising of prostitution one way or another. I was arguing solely against your point that males are hard wired to inseminate as many females as possible. So no, we do not agree. If you are asking now whether I believe in marriage, no I don't, but you are still failing to address my point. In terms of prostitution, it is in itself a form of social control and is very much a construct of civilisation, a modern invention, so in that respect, no I don't agree with it, just as I don't agree with marriage for the same reasons...but still you are evading my point.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Would you expect me to "love" my daughter enough to get her out of the business of selling her body as a housekeeper too?

OH please, there is a big difference between prostitution and house cleaning, give me a break.

If you are saying it wouldn't matter, then that's sad.
edit on 043131p://bWednesday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join