It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muppets bash Chick-fil-A over owners faith

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

My apologies Snarky.I admit I get too worked up sometimes when it comes to the bane that is the American evangelical. I do wish though you'd consider that your choices do matter and that you'd refuse to support Chik-A-Filet because they are pushing for legislation contrary to your beliefs. At some point I think we need to make stands. Would you have supported a restaurant in Germany that supported Nazi views because they served good food? Your money matters. For example, I also don't buy anything from Wal-Mart as its my belief they kill local businesses and pay slave wages.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
The owner of Chick Fil A - - - gives millions of dollars to NOM (National Organization of Marriage).

You would think the National Organization of Marriage would have something to do with supporting and studying why so many marriages fail. Last time I checked Christian failed marriages were at 52%.

But NO! They were formed specifically to stop Gay marriage. It is their only purpose.

And they are on the Southern Poverty Law Centers Hate list.

Along with these other lovely groups.

The Southern Poverty Law Center monitors hate groups and other extremists throughout the United States and exposes their activities to law enforcement agencies, the media and the public. We publish our investigative findings online, on our Hatewatch blog, and in the Intelligence Report, our award-winning quarterly journal. We’ve crippled some of the country’s most notorious hate groups by suing them for murders and other violent acts committed by their members.

Currently, there are 1,018 known hate groups operating across the country, including neo-Nazis, Klansmen, white nationalists, neo-Confederates, racist skinheads, black separatists, border vigilantes and others. And their numbers are growing.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

This is the united states of America, and if Jim Henson decides they're only doing business with openly supportive groups, then that's their right to do so. Don't expect me to pitty the poor Christians that lost business. Anyone can decide at any time to stop doing business with you, for whatever reason they choose. This whole persecution angle Christians are working is getting old. Christians are the majority of people on Earth, they aren't a minority in any sense. Stop trying to act like it.

Conservative Christians are trying to take away a huge win for liberals and progress, under the guise of a persecution story.
edit on 24-7-2012 by Evolutionsend because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelknives52

"Marriage is a religious institution."

That's where you are wrong, partly. It is also a legal institution. A marriage license is a legal document, not a religious one. It affects your tax status, your rights in law in many ways, from inheritance to life insurance to Social Security benefits, to visitation of loved ones in the hospital. Denying it to any set of consenting adults bars them from a vast array of things.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
"Faith?"
Call it what it is; HATE.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by pajoly
reply to post by michaelknives52

"Marriage is a religious institution."

That's where you are wrong, partly. It is also a legal institution. A marriage license is a legal document, not a religious one. It affects your tax status, your rights in law in many ways, from inheritance to life insurance to Social Security benefits, to visitation of loved ones in the hospital. Denying it to any set of consenting adults bars them from a vast array of things.

True. It is a legal government contract with special rights.

What's sad/pathetic is - - - Americas legal government marriage license was enacted to prevent interracial marriage. That was its purpose.

State Rights. Anyone ever bother looking up why states have marriage rights. The reason is: DISCRIMINATION.

States were given marriage rights to keep undesirables out of their communities.

It is Damn Time this government makes its Legal Marriage honorable - - by including everyone.

edit on 24-7-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Mankind isnt a monogamous by nature and needs rule of religion and gov, to live in an orderly fashion.

I will say this, It must suck to have to hide in a closet anything not considered NORMAL

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by rebellender

Sorry, but we don't need either to tell us how to live. We don't even need the rules of society to tell us how to live. All of these three entities do is seek to turn people into unthinking unfeeling uncaring robots.

People should be left to their own devices. It's called life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. Those three entities seek to take all of that away.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

People should be left to their own devices. It's called life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. Those three entities seek to take all of that away.

Aurora Colo. knows all about personal choice, no?
Go ahead and see how far anarchy get you personal pursuit

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

My apologies Snarky.I admit I get too worked up sometimes when it comes to the bane that is the American evangelical. I do wish though you'd consider that your choices do matter and that you'd refuse to support Chik-A-Filet because they are pushing for legislation contrary to your beliefs. At some point I think we need to make stands. Would you have supported a restaurant in Germany that supported Nazi views because they served good food? Your money matters. For example, I also don't buy anything from Wal-Mart as its my belief they kill local businesses and pay slave wages.

Apology accepted.

If a person were to let every issue bother them that's around today, one could drive themselves crazy.

I have to respect Chik-fila's views just as I respect Jim Hanson Co. for their views, therefore I really am not bothered by it. I think that there are more important crisis going on in this world other than whose beliefs trumps the others. That's just my opinion.......

Now Wally World, we hate & loath going there when we have to.

We support the local business's first & only resort to going there on occasion. The only lure to going there for people is cheaper prices for families that need to save money.

Nor do I support or buy Nikes ......when we saw the documentary on the slave wages, poor working conditions & then see what they charge retail for those sneakers, made me sick. $150- $200 for a pair of $1.00 sneakers???? No freakin' way!!!!
edit on 24-7-2012 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evolutionsend

This is the united states of America, and if Jim Henson decides they're only doing business with openly supportive groups, then that's their right to do so. Don't expect me to pitty the poor Christians that lost business. Anyone can decide at any time to stop doing business with you, for whatever reason they choose. This whole persecution angle Christians are working is getting old. Christians are the majority of people on Earth, they aren't a minority in any sense. Stop trying to act like it.

Conservative Christians are trying to take away a huge win for liberals and progress, under the guise of a persecution story.
edit on 24-7-2012 by Evolutionsend because: (no reason given)

Where I stand, BOTH business's have the right to their own beliefs. Neither one should be forced to back down. No one expects you to pity either one.

And if you read my earlier posts, you would have seen I'm not acting like any thing. I have no "views" either way. I could care less about this. There's a lot bigger problems in our country than this stuff. But the MSM seems to think that this is important so, I guess it is for some.

Just let people be happy, regardless of who they decide to be with. It's none of my business nor yours.

But I truly don't believe it will have a big impact on Chik-fil-A. Nor will it affect who watches the Muppets. IMO.

Life's to short to sweat the small stuff.

edit on 24-7-2012 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
reply to post by rebellender

Sorry, but we don't need either to tell us how to live. We don't even need the rules of society to tell us how to live. All of these three entities do is seek to turn people into unthinking unfeeling uncaring robots.

I had to jump in here, as denying anything to any group that is different is denying them their basic rights including "life, liberty and pursuit of happiness". Today, it is "those gays", 50 years ago it was "those negros", 100 years ago it was "those women". As long as there is ignorance running rampant in our society, including hating or oppressing groups because of their sexual orientation, there will be hatred/bigotry. Personally, I have found that some of the worst offenders against others happen to be very religious people,so-called Christians. However, not ALL Christians are this ignorant, as many also spend their time helping others and loving everyone, as Jesus intended.

And no, I am not religious at all. I am also not gay. I feel, however, that America is behind socially regarding the perception of gays/homosexuals/lesbians. We claim to be a very open-armed country, made up of all kinds of peoples. Yet, many are still intolerant of differences, no matter what they may be.
edit on 7/24/2012 by Menrva because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by eyesontheskies

I GET that it's a marketing ploy, but it's USING people's emotions of "oh, they're saving cows" in order to do so.

You can't kill chickens and brag that you're saving cows. It's stupid.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Wait... Chick-Fil-a...

Who cares?

Their food looks like crap, in my opinion. The Chick = Chicken, Fil-a = filler? ... What the hell is in this, plastic?

Chicken Filler between bleached bread

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I don't think choosing to end a business relationship is equal to bashing someones faith. We get it, you approve of only man-woman marriages. I was expecting to read that Kermit was going to open up a can of jihad or something.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   

This isn't the first time Chik-fail-a has had bad media coverage. Their habbit of mixing business with personal has bit them on the butt many times. It won't be the last time we see them have an issue with the community.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

reply to post by KnightFire

"Other than being closed on Sunday's, they are not pushing their beliefs onto people that choose to eat there."

Well, except for the fact that they are donating millions to deprive others the rights they assert for themselves. That and the fact that they happily take the money of gay patrons while spending to limit their rights. That's really the picture of the modern Christian -- smile at you and sing hymns on Sunday as they self-righteously act in the background to deprive you of the same rights they demand as their natural right. Pretty detestable I think.
edit on 24-7-2012 by pajoly because: correction

And you could say this about any other company that gives to various charities. The company I work for gives $30 mil a year to the United Way for political gain. I do not agree with the amount given considering people need jobs and $30 mil could provide a lot of jobs for the very people that in some way depend on the United Way.

They also give to gay charities, but they refuse medical insurance for for legally married gay people. Every company has a double standard concerning gay people. Yes I agree that it's wrong because I beleive everyone should be treated as equal. But, every company will take whoevers money and use it to their gain.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by KnightFire
Every company has a double standard concerning gay people. Yes I agree that it's wrong because I beleive everyone should be treated as equal. But, every company will take whoevers money and use it to their gain.

Yes - - I try to keep it about Equal Rights. It is not Gay Rights - - but Equal Rights.

Boycotts do work. Target did an about face - - and is now selling Gay themed T-shirts and greeting cards.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by KnightFire
Every company has a double standard concerning gay people. Yes I agree that it's wrong because I beleive everyone should be treated as equal. But, every company will take whoevers money and use it to their gain.

Yes - - I try to keep it about Equal Rights. It is not Gay Rights - - but Equal Rights.

Boycotts do work. Target did an about face - - and is now selling Gay themed T-shirts and greeting cards.

You mean equal privileges?

Because requiring the government to stamp your marriage is essentially claiming that it would be illegitimate to get married without their explicit approval.

License = Permission to do something otherwise prohibited.

Stop supporting government tyranny because you are blinded by simplistic notions that the TV inserted in your mind.

The government has no authority to stamp anyone's marriage, gay straight or whatever.

But you are so blindly in favor of being equally oppressed that you fail to see you are promoting the concept that marriage is a privilege that the government must authenticate and license.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Check it out I just explained the fallacy of the whole debate, but these people won't bat an eye.

They will keep on supporting their corrupted desires no matter what facts or reality I tell them.
Why?

Because they only care about themselves.
They don't care about rights or ideology.

If they really cared about RIGHTS, they would be protesting the government's false claim to authority in licensing marriage which is technically a breach of law wherein the church and state mix.

What they really want are Licensed Privileges and for us all to be slaves to the federal government!!

Religious Freedom insinuates that every human has the natural right to marry whomever is willing to marry them.
And the government has no authority of jurisdiction in that realm.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join