It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muppets bash Chick-fil-A over owners faith

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Tons of same sex couples live together and have intimate relations, and no one gets in trouble.

So this has nothing to do with social progression, instead it is all about tax code reform

What if you couldnt get into the hospital to see your partner would it seem important beyond a tax break to you then to have that legal right of marriage

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

This person is mad at being called a racist and a homophobe when they are acting like a racist and a homophobe.

This is like watching a parakeet attack it's own reflection in a mirror.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Chick-fil-A has taken a bigoted stance. Why would it be incorrect to no longer do business with them?

As far as Mike Huckabee's "support chick-fil-a day", this is in essence declaring that he supports their bigoted decision.

As a disclaimer, I'm a straight happily married man, with many gay friends (several of whom are also happily married), who fully supports gay rights to marry and all other gay rights (as most Canadians actually do).

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
The statement doesn't implicity say that they do not support the biblical version of marriage between a man and a woman, it only states that they support gay rights.

In the 21st Century, most people do.
edit on 25-7-2012 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

I just want to say something. The majority of the Arab world could give a crap less what people want to do in the privacy of their own homes. Lets not confuse extremism with the majority of Muslims.

I believe anyone has a right to stand behind their beliefs, to many religious people marriage is just that, a religious institution, and as such it does not fit into the belief. Anyone who says this is what I believe has the right to do so.

That includes the man who owns Chick fil A.... and from what I heard the company is great to work for, they pay a higher than average starting wage and are an honest company who doesnt try to screw their employees or their customers...

All we are seeing in this statement is more of that same honesty that makes people seem to think its a great company to work for and do business with..

I see nothing wrong with that at all. People do not have to agree to be good neighbors.
edit on 25-7-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

But its ok, lets not touch the fact that in the Arab world you can be killed for being homosexual........

Seriously! What does that have to do with this discussion

No one is forcing Chick Fil A - - to do anything.

However - - - boycotts and protests are part of America. Just like the Westboro Church has the right to picket funerals - - - supporters of Equal Rights has the right to boycott anti-gay businesses.

I graduated high school in 1964 - - same year as the Civil Rights Act. I have heard ALL the excuses to justify discrimination of a minority.

Society is evolving - - in that majority no longer want or accept discrimination.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

However - - - boycotts and protests are part of America. Just like the Westboro Church has the right to picket funerals - - - supporters of Equal Rights has the right to boycott anti-gay businesses.

You mean supporters of "Special Rights" --- your own quote.

You said it yourself, special rights.

You are actually misleading yourself in order to support the licensing agenda.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Legal Government Marriage is a contract for protection and special rights for those joining together as one household.

supporters of Equal Rights

Equal = Special?
Talk about contradiction.

You are actually supporting the exact thing you claim to oppose.
Restriction of certain people and favoring others.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by iforget

Tons of same sex couples live together and have intimate relations, and no one gets in trouble.

So this has nothing to do with social progression, instead it is all about tax code reform

What if you couldnt get into the hospital to see your partner would it seem important beyond a tax break to you then to have that legal right of marriage

Patients at nearly every hospital in the country will now be allowed to decide who has visitation rights and who can make medical decisions on their behalf -- regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity or family makeup -- under new federal regulations that took effect Tuesday.

Check the first result from ABC News

As you can see, it wasn't just homosexuals being denied, it was pretty much everyone, even people who were common law married.

But the new rules say that the patient makes this decision now.
So that problem is hopefully in our past.
edit on 25-7-2012 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

But its ok, lets not touch the fact that in the Arab world you can be killed for being homosexual........

Seriously! What does that have to do with this discussion

No one is forcing Chick Fil A - - to do anything.

I graduated high school in 1964 - - same year as the Civil Rights Act. I have heard ALL the excuses to justify discrimination of a minority.

Society is evolving - - in that majority no longer want or accept discrimination.

And chic fil A isnt forcing anyone to do anything either.........

yet this man is having his character assassinated because he has a particular belief in something........

You think its justifiable to do so, just because you dont agree with someone?

This is acceptable?

As far as the boycotts go? I could care less, of course the American people have the right to do that, ad should if they feel the need to do so......

My argument has EVERYTHING to do with it, because what it is a clear indication of, is political correctness, and the INTOLERANCE of those, who accuse THIS man of being an intolerant bigot, the hypocrisy is ridiculous!

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Because when you divorce, it is the government court room that has to divide your belongings.

If you die, it is the law that makes sure that the right person gets the inheritance, or goes to court if it doesn't happen.

If you start a business together, you have to pay the right taxes.

If you have children and don't take care of them properly, it is the government that has to come in and either make sure they end up being taken care of, or give them a new home.

Government has to decide what the limitations and ramifications are of a marriage contract and reside over it.

So government only is involved in the legal aspect of marriage.

The religious and personal part is up to the couple.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Legal Government Marriage is a contract for protection and special rights for those joining together as one household.

Equal = Special?

Thats exactly right, BUT , its ok for THEM to do it as long as it falls in line with their belief system......

Thats the problem here, YOU cant disagree with me because that makes you a bigoted homophobe....

But I can badger you and and be as intolerant of your belief system as much as i want, because IM right and YOUR wrong, and IM tolerant.....

Gotta love it

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Not surprised... it's Disney. Anyone who has ever worked for Disney can tell you that they are one of the major propagators of the gay agenda.

That's the part I always found funny. Lots of southern folks, I assume bible belters, coming in for vacation. Now, I'm just assuming here, but I always thought that they would be the first to shy away from anything gay, yet here they were, at the gayest place on earth.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

And chic fil A isnt forcing anyone to do anything either.........

Never said they were.

yet this man is having his character assassinated because he has a particular belief in something........

No one forced him to mix business and religion. He did. His problem.

You think its justifiable to do so, just because you don't agree with someone?

I don't have to agree. He does not support Equal Rights - - I do.

This is acceptable?

Acceptable?????????????????

This man has given millions of dollars to NOM (National Organization of Marriage). NOM was formed with one purpose in mind. STOP Gay marriage. It is their single purpose. Therefore - - Mr. Cathy intentionally and deliberately put himself in the political game of Equal Rights being denied a minority.

He is not quietly sitting at home with his bible.

Please - go read about NOM.

NOM - - one of the 18 Anti-Gay Groups and Their Propaganda - - official hate list SPLC.

National Organization for Marriage

The National Organization for Marriage (NOM), which is dedicated to fighting same-sex marriage in state legislatures, was organized in 2007 by conservative syndicated columnist Maggie Gallagher and Princeton University politics professor Robert George. George is an influential Christian thinker who co-authored the 2009 “Manhattan Declaration,” a manifesto developed after a New York meeting of conservative church leaders that “promises resistance to the point of civil disobedience against any legislation that might implicate their churches or charities in abortion, embryo-destructive research or same sex marriage.”

NOM’s first public campaign was in 2008, supporting California’s Proposition 8, which sought to invalidate same-sex marriage in that state. It was widely mocked, including in a parody by satirist Stephen Colbert, for the “Gathering Storm” video ad it produced at the time. Set to somber music and a dark and stormy background, the ad had actors expressing fears that gay activism would “take away” their rights, change their lifestyle, and force homosexuality on their kids.

The group, whose president is now former executive director Brian Brown, has become considerably more sophisticated since then, emphasizing its respect for homosexuals. “Gays and Lesbians have a right to live as they choose,” NOM says on its website, “[but] they don’t have the right to redefine marriage for all of us.”

For a time, NOM’s name was used by a bus driver named Louis Marinelli, who drove a van for NOM’s “Summer for Marriage Tour” this year. Marinelli called himself a “NOM strategist” and sent out electronic messages under the NOM logo that repeated falsehoods about homosexuals being pedophiles and gay men having extremely short lifespans. In homemade videos posted on his own YouTube page, he said same-sex marriage would lead to “prostitution, pedophilia and polygamy.” But this July, NOM said it was not associated with Marinelli. www.splcenter.org...

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

You mean supporters of "Special Rights" --- your own quote.

You said it yourself, special rights.

You are actually misleading yourself in order to support the licensing agenda.

Where do you get special rights out of that?

The only time I used "Special Rights" - - is in referring to Legal Marriage. Those who are Legally Married have "Special Rights" - - not afforded by any other means.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Patients at nearly every hospital in the country will now be allowed to decide who has visitation rights and who can make medical decisions on their behalf -- regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity or family makeup -- under new federal regulations that took effect Tuesday.

This applies only to hospitals that receive government funding.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Equal = Special?

Thats exactly right, BUT , its ok for THEM to do it as long as it falls in line with their belief system......

You both seem to have reading comprehension problem.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Gays already have equal rights, they have the same rights through civil unions as married people do.....

the agenda isnt about rights, its about pushing an agenda.......there is a difference.......

Marriage is a traditionally RELIGIOUS union.........

They have the same rights through their unions as any married couples do.......

Other people donate to the Lesbian and Gay community, many are large companies, and I dont see people going nuts over them.......

So this person cant do what he wants with his own earned money, according to his own belief system?

Give me a break........the door swings both ways

Again im not saying I agree with his point of view, but i also dont agree with degrading and trying to publicly crucify the person because they dont agree with you......

especially from standpoint of supposedly being "tolerant"
edit on 25-7-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Gays already have equal rights, they have the same rights through civil unions as married people do.....

This is tiring.

Separate but Equal was tried before and failed.

Equal is Equal - - - PERIOD!

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by muzzleflash

Because when you divorce, it is the government court room that has to divide your belongings.

If you die, it is the law that makes sure that the right person gets the inheritance, or goes to court if it doesn't happen.

If you start a business together, you have to pay the right taxes.

If you have children and don't take care of them properly, it is the government that has to come in and either make sure they end up being taken care of, or give them a new home.

Government has to decide what the limitations and ramifications are of a marriage contract and reside over it.

So government only is involved in the legal aspect of marriage.

The religious and personal part is up to the couple.

Please read:

Link to NYTimes article

Marriage wiki

As you can see, the advent of "government licensing" is fairly new, and was used explicitly for extremely prejudice reasons to prohibit specific people from marrying. Inter-racial, same-sex, etc etc.

By supporting the government licensing scheme, it's supporting their ability to oppress specific sections of society while giving "special" treatment to another.

Inheritance issues were dealt with in the absence of licenses, by following the already existing common law practices. Courts of law are mandated with upholding legitimate contracts when they are disputed, and serving as an arbitrator.

By having them co-sign rather than arbitrate, the flood gates were opened to all sorts of repressive policies to be implemented.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join