It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muppets bash Chick-fil-A over owners faith

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
reply to post by Annee

I don't have to agree. He does not support Equal Rights - - I do.

Gays already have equal rights, they have the same rights through civil unions as married people do.....

This is tiring.

Separate but Equal was tried before and failed.

Equal is Equal - - - PERIOD!

Yes this is tiring..........you dont like someone elses belief system pushed on you.......and its not fair.....

But its ok for you to push YOUR belief system on someone else.......and try to change it to what YOU deem is acceptable.......

do you not see how this is hypocritical...........

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Legal Government Marriage is a contract for protection and special rights for those joining together as one household.

supporters of Equal Rights

Equal = Special?
Talk about contradiction.

You are actually supporting the exact thing you claim to oppose.
Restriction of certain people and favoring others.

Thats exactly right, BUT , its ok for THEM to do it as long as it falls in line with their belief system......

You both seem to have reading comprehension problem.

Please explain why "special and equal" are the "same thing."

I knew arguing with you would be challenging, so instead I chose to lead you into disagreeing with yourself.

The fact you keep denying it after you disagreed with yourself reveals a major problem.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Yes this is tiring..........you dont like someone elses belief system pushed on you.......and its not fair.....

Well thank you for mentioning BELIEF! Personal choice. Not valid as a reason to deny Equal Rights.

Which is why NOM trains its workers never to use the word BELIEF or RELIGION - - - because they know it is illegal / not-valid as reason for discrimination.

Equal is Equal - - - PERIOD! MARRIAGE FOR ALL!

edit on 25-7-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Don't INTERPRET.

It never works.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

yet they see it as a violation of THEIR right to the sanctity of marriage, in THEIR belief system...

So you would violate THEIR right to their belief , in favor that YOUR belief system is better......calling it equal rights has nothing to do with it.....

They already have EQUAL RIGHTS, they have all the rights of hetero married couples....

Thats why its not about RIGHTS, and about an agenda.......

I cant believe you are blind to this.........

Which is why NOM trains its workers never to use the word BELIEF or RELIGION - - - because they know it is illegal / not-valid as reason for discrimination.

but marriage IS a religious institution.........full stop........

the legal or religious ceremony that formalizes the decision of two people to live as a married couple, including the accompanying social festivities: to officiate at a marriage.

Religious institutions have the right by law to conform to the statues that rule their religion.........
edit on 25-7-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

No way, some people don't want to get married.

And it's not fair that people who do get married get "special rights', as you put it.

You really don't believe in equality at all.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

No way, some people don't want to get married.

OK

Equal is Equal - - - PERIOD! MARRIAGE RIGHTS FOR ALL!

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Don't INTERPRET.

It never works.

If you refuse to explain / elaborate I have no choice but to interpret it the best I possibly can.

What you expect me to read people's posts without interpreting anything? Then I wouldn't even be reading, reading is the act of interpreting letters and conjoining them into words and sentences for sensible communication.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

And it's not fair that people who do get married get "special rights', as you put it.

Legal Government Marriage provides "Special Rights" - - not afforded by any other means.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

If you refuse to explain / elaborate I have no choice but to interpret it the best I possibly can.

What you expect me to read people's posts without interpreting anything? Then I wouldn't even be reading, reading is the act of interpreting letters and conjoining them into words and sentences for sensible communication.

You are trying to take what I said - - and make it mean what YOU want it to mean.

That is INTERPRETING.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

They already have EQUAL RIGHTS, they have all the rights of hetero married couples....

This is news to me.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Legal Government Marriage provides "Special Rights" - - not afforded by any other means.

What rights?

And please don't list tax-related privileges.
Because you already claimed that it wasn't about taxes, it was about "equality".

List the "special rights" afforded by government licensing.
I challenge you.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

You are trying to take what I said - - and make it mean what YOU want it to mean.

That is INTERPRETING.

Than please correct me.

Explain what "SPECIAL" means, and explain what "EQUAL" means.
Define them.
Show me why they are the same thing.

Show me how someone having Special Rights, has anything to do with everyone having Equal Rights?

I am interpreting what you said according to the dictionary definitions.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
What's the rub?

They have different view points, one is about liberty for all w/o limits from story book from a time before history and the other isn't.

Don't go to a Muppet movie/buy their gear if you don't like their opinion.

Don't go to Chik-Fil-A if you don't like their opinion.

What's the rub?

Derek

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpectreDC

reply to post by Annee

This is news to me.

Me too.

People have to actually educate themselves - - - - to know they are believing lies and propaganda.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

This is news to me.

Me too.

People have to actually educate themselves - - - - to know they are believing lies and propaganda.

Really? then educate us, what rights do they NOT have that married couples do?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

EQUAL - - SAME

SPECIAL - - RIGHTS OTHERS DON'T HAVE

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

EQUAL - - SAME

What?

You said that marriage affords special rights.
And then claimed everyone has a right to marriage, although some prefer being single.

So how is it possible that everyone can be equal when special rights are handed out to people who want to live a certain lifestyle (marriage)?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

EQUAL - - SAME

What?

You said that marriage affords special rights.
And then claimed everyone has a right to marriage, although some prefer being single.

So how is it possible that everyone can be equal when special rights are handed out to people who want to live a certain lifestyle (marriage)?

Your interpreted twisting is making me dizzy.

Its just not that complicated.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

This is news to me.

Me too.

Really? then educate us, what rights do they NOT have that married couples do?

In the US, civil unions do not equate to marriage. First and foremost, because of the Defense of Marriage Act, there is no federal recognition of civil unions or same sex marriages as legitimate, and therefore social security benefits, military pensions, and insurance benefits do not apply. Federal tax breaks and the ability to file taxes jointly also do not apply for same sex couples.

At a more local level, civil unions do not grant immunity from being made to testify against your partner, the ability ot speak for them (in medical and legal terms) when they cannor speak for themselves, the right to be informed of the medical condition of one's partner in a medical emergency, the right to inherit, the right to automatically have any children born into the relationship to be legally both partners'. In those states that do have an income tax, same sex couples generally are not able to access those benefits. Only in those states in which same sex marriages have been ruled legal can the married couples enjoy those same benefits.

Also in before you call me a liberal. I attack liberals on more issues than I attack conservatives on. Also I should add a few of these things have changed as far as hospital rights are concerned. It's one of the few things Obama has done that was good.
edit on 25-7-2012 by SpectreDC because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join