It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muppets bash Chick-fil-A over owners faith

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by snarky412

Just like the Jim Henson Co. has their right to their beliefs also.

Is Jim Henson's Co. donating millions of dollars to anti-Christian hate groups?

This isn't just about a Christian having a belief.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by OpinionatedB
reply to post by Annee

if individual hospitals refuse to recognise existing laws it is not the fault of the laws, it is the fault of the individual businesses.... They can be sued if they deny rights

you cannot say you do not have these rights because they exist, are a part of the law, and anyone who does not follow them is not following the law.

Period.

Private hospitals can do whatever they want in discriminating against gays.

They are only protected in hospitals that receive government funding.

Did you read the articles? Yes - - they can seek legal council - - - while their partner dies alone.

If they were legally married - - no one could say anything - - no matter what their belief is.
edit on 26-7-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Just like the Jim Henson Co. has their right to their beliefs also.

Is Jim Henson's Co. donating millions of dollars to anti-Christian hate groups?

This isn't just about a Christian having a belief.

As I said before, I don't care......

What Jim Henson Co. does with their money, is none of my business.
What Chik-fil-A does with their money, is none of my business.

It's a free country to think and feel as one pleases. Neither opinion bothers me directly.

Now, the piss poor economy, high unemployment, and an administration that has no care to how much they spend, now THAT bothers me.

Wasted tax payers money on the Solendra scandal [$535,000,000], the Tesla scandal[$465,000,000] , the Fast & Furious scandal, etc.,....those things affect every one & to me, are a hell of a lot more important than what a food company does with their hard earned money. THEIR money, not yours or mine. It's their right to do with it as they please, just like it's your right to not eat there.

[NOTE: All W.H. administrations have scandals....not just the current one. Repub / Dems a like have their share of problems.]

As long as neither one breaks the law, they can donate their money to whom ever they please.
This is America after all, right?!

edit on 26-7-2012 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Now, the piss poor economy, high unemployment, and an administration that has no care to how much they spend, now THAT bothers me.

The Gays have all that and inequality.

But - - as long as your front porch is taken care of.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   

The Gays have all that and inequality.

But - - as long as your front porch is taken care of.

Actually, my front porch is.

No need to get all wound up about this. You've attacked about any one that takes this topic lightly.

If you read my earlier comments, I said that any one who wants to get married should, if that's what makes them happy. Never did I discriminate against them or take their rights away. Don't be so quick to criticize some body just because they see a situation differently from you. We're both on the same page, I just don't take it to heart like you do.

But speaking of their right to marry, they also need to be aware that getting a divorce is actually trickier than getting married. So, they need to work on that also.

Same-sex couples can currently marry in six states and the District of Columbia, and there's no residency requirement to marry. That means that couples who live outside of those states can just pop in for a day to get married and then go home. There are also five states that allow civil unions.

But if a marriage should fall apart in a state that doesn't recognize the couple's legal status in the first place, that's when things get complicated.

Some states that do not allow same-sex marriages to be performed also do not grant divorces for same-sex marriages that occurred outside of the state's borders. It's a tricky situation when a couple wants to dissolve their same-sex marriage, and neither spouse is a resident of a state that recognizes their marriage as legal and valid.

To satisfy the residency requirements, under these circumstances, you'd have to live in a state for six months to two years -- depending on local laws -- in order to get a divorce from a same-sex partner, said Susan Sommer, director of constitutional litigation at Lambda Legal, which represented Cowan

Denied divorce, some same-sex couples 'wed-locked'

It really is a messed up situation.....

But I think we're getting a little off topic here.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Off topic

Never heard of Chick-fil-A untill one day I read a story about them doing something about someone
and same day ran across a video (posted later)

Now its here on ATS many said they had great sandwiches how do they compare to carls Jr? Spicy chicken?

either way
since the muppets are fake and well this video is done buy trans gender / vestite ? Fake female ( male pretending to be female knowing hes male like rue paul )

anywho I think the song is better then the original so

Kids turn away
Mind the language
Video

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by EvilBat

AWESOME!!!!!

Thanks for that video, LMAO.....

Hopefully some on here will see the humor & loosen up some.
But then again, I don't know. Some don't seem to have any humor.................But I do!!

Thanks again .....

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   

But then again, I don't know. Some don't seem to have any humor.................But I do!!

Thanks again .....

At who's expense?

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

Quite welcome

If and when I get fast food I play it in my head yet no chick fil a - here

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by OpinionatedB
reply to post by Annee

if individual hospitals refuse to recognise existing laws it is not the fault of the laws, it is the fault of the individual businesses.... They can be sued if they deny rights

you cannot say you do not have these rights because they exist, are a part of the law, and anyone who does not follow them is not following the law.

Period.

Private hospitals can do whatever they want in discriminating against gays.

They are only protected in hospitals that receive government funding.

Did you read the articles? Yes - - they can seek legal council - - - while their partner dies alone.

If they were legally married - - no one could say anything - - no matter what their belief is.

Ummm no hospitals are bound to a code of ethics. If someone comes in and needs treatment they cannot lawfully deny it to them based on sexual orientation.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

nobody's they do it on their own and post it as humor

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by EvilBat

See what I meant about people not having a sense of humor????

But I guess they fail to see that the Transgenders were the ones that made the video.

And yes, I still think it was funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Thanks again .....

At who's expense?

I guess yours, since your the only one getting bent out of shape.

I still think it is a great video that has some very talented people in it. Actually, a lot of time went into making the video. My hats off to them......

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Any one that might be "upset" over the video I posted either might not know the people behind it or are just
way to - I'm trying to be to politically correct

or I'm like a way open person and thats not right yet
behind closed doors .......

either way if you don't like it
take this video and put it towards yourself

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Thanks again .....

At who's expense?

Oh yeah, one more thing......

They are all consenting adults & it's their right to make a humorous video whether you like it or not.

This is America, remember?!

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by EvilBat

That is too funny! I guess they weren't offended by chick-fil-a at any rate.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by EvilBat

Damn, now I got a craving for waffle fries......

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by dorkfish87
I'm with the Hensen company on this. Why should they give money to people that admit to donating their money to fight gay marriage, when they support it?

You have it backwards, Chic-Fil-A donated money to Hensen Co., not the other way around. My opinion is that those who go around saying others are not open minded tend to be the most close minded people I meet.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Private hospitals can do whatever they want in discriminating against gays. They are only protected in hospitals that receive government funding.

Now you are just making things up............

We asked for facts and REAL inequality............

Youve yet to name aything thats not been rebutled.......

So now in typical Annee style, youre making up your own facts......

Hospitals have to , they take a hypocratic oath..........as another poster said, its against the law for them to deny treatment and against their own oath.........
edit on 26-7-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

Hospitals have to , they take a hypocratic oath..........as another poster said, its against the law for them to deny treatment and against their own oath.........

Here's fact on what a hospital is required by Federal Law (not gay explicit. But this has nothing to do with recognizing the legal spouse of married homosexuals.) Later on that.

The Hippocratic Oath is not a hard law - - but an ethical oath that involves personal integrity. Something lacking in this modern - money fueled world. Doctors are not required to take it and not all do.

Oh well - - just one of those things to throw into a conversation I suppose.

If individuals do not carry health insurance, they are still entitled to hospital emergency care, including labor and delivery care, regardless of their ability to pay. The federal Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act (EMTALA), 42 U.S.C. § 1395, which is a separate section of the more comprehensive 1985 Consolidated Omnibus Reconciliation Act (COBRA), mandates minimum standards for emergency care by hospital emergency rooms. The law requires that all patients who present with an emergency medical condition must receive treatment to the extent that their emergency condition is medically “stabilized,” irrespective of their ability to pay for such treatment. An emergency medical condition is defined under federal law as one that manifests itself by acute symptoms of sufficient severity (including severe pain, psychiatric disturbance, and/or symptoms of substance abuse) such that the absence of immediate medical attention could reasonably be expected to result in the following:

* placing the health of the individual (or unborn child) in serious jeopardy
* the serious impairment of a bodily function
* the serious dysfunction of any bodily function or part
* the inadequate time to effect a safe transfer of a pregnant woman to another hospital before delivery, or, that * the transfer may pose a threat to the health or safety of the woman or unborn child

The law goes on to define “stabilization” as meaning “that no material deterioration of the condition is likely within reasonable medical probability to result from or occur during the transfer of the patient from a facility” (or discharge). However, once the emergency is over and a patient’s condition is stabilized, the patient can be discharged and refused further treatment by private hospitals and most public hospitals.

If the individual seeks routine medical care or schedule a doctor’s appointment for non-emergency medical problems, doctors have a general right to refuse treatment if they have no insurance or any other means of paying for the provided care. There are numerous protections for HIV-positive and AIDS patients that prohibit hospitals and facilities from refusing treatment if the facility’s staff has the appropriate training and resources. However, most private physicians and dentists are under ethical but not legal obligations to provide treatment. healthcare.uslegal.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join