It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muppets bash Chick-fil-A over owners faith

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Since you folks allow the government to have the "authority to license", than you are complicit in their actions of not allowing gays to marry.

Why? Because if you agree that marriage is a privilege, and that the govt has power to grant or deny it, than you cannot cry when the govt becomes bias/bigoted and denies a group they don't like.

You all deserve this 100%.
You support the government's false authority, you ASKED for this.

I have no sympathy whatsoever until you folks get your heads out of the sand and start thinking straight for once and making solid plans to resolve problems.

Until then, keep crying.
The tears taste great.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

I have no sympathy whatsoever until you folks get your heads out of the sand and start thinking straight for once and making solid plans to resolve problems.

Thinking straight. Equal Rights in how things are TODAY!

I'm personally sick of you and others - - - who cry their little Pity Party - - - about government being/not-being involved in marriage. It is. And that's how it is TODAY!

Equal Rights is about everyone having the same Rights - as they stand right now!

Go start your own thread on getting government out of marriage.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
It's OK to make fun of Christians or Jews.

They won't declare a Fatwa against you and have people trying to kill you.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
It's OK to make fun of Christians or Jews.

They won't declare a Fatwa against you and have people trying to kill you.

Christian terrorism: en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Glee Actor 'Through With' Chick-fil-A; Activists Cook Up Kiss-in, Protests

Glee's Grant Gustin tweets that he'll no longer patronize the fast-food chain, while activists plan a kiss-in and other actions in protest of the company's funding of antigay groups.

BY Trudy Ring - July 25 2012

The chickens are continuing to come home to roost for fast-food chain Chick-fil-A, with a Glee actor registering his objections to the company’s antigay donations and a kiss-in and other protests planned.

Grant Gustin, who plays gay student Sebastian Smythe on Glee, sent a Twitter message yesterday saying he’s “officially done with Chick-fil-A.” The straight Gustin has been supportive of LGBT people and causes for some time; last April he appeared at the GLAAD Media Awards with Glee castmate Max Adler, introducing the family of Jamey Rodemeyer, a youth who committed suicide following antigay bullying.

Other actions against Chick-fil-A include the National Same-Sex Kiss Day, scheduled for August 3. Organizers of the event are asking same-sex pairs to kiss at their local Chick-fil-A at 8 p.m. Eastern time, 7 p.m. Central, and 5 p.m. Pacific. More information is available on Facebook.

A protest is scheduled at the grand opening of a Chick-fil-A in Laguna Hills, Calif., Thursday. And next Wednesday, August 1, LGBT supporters are asked to donate the value of a Chick-fil-A dinner —about $6.50 — to their local gay rights organization.

Meanwhile, government officials in some large cities are lining up against Chick-fil-A in light of revelations about the company’s donations to antigay groups and executive Dan Cathy’s recent admission that he is “guilty as charged” with opposing same-sex marriage. Boston mayor Thomas Menino has followed through on a promise to send a letter to the company discouraging it from locating in his city, and Chicago alderman Proco Joe Moreno says he will seek to keep Chick-fil-A from opening in his ward unless it changes its policies. Chicago mayor Rahm Emanuel recently said, “Chick-fil-A values are not Chicago values.” www.advocate.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
reply to post by grey580

I agree. Liberals should stop hating conservatives and Christians.

And I guess you will get the chip off you shoulder and stop hating them? Somehow I doubt it.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Thinking straight. Equal Rights in how things are TODAY!

I'm personally sick of you and others - - - who cry their little Pity Party - - - about government being/not-being involved in marriage. It is. And that's how it is TODAY!

Equal Rights is about everyone having the same Rights - as they stand right now!

Go start your own thread on getting government out of marriage.

Proof :

License - Free Dictionary

li·cense (lsns) n. 1. a. Official or legal permission to do or own a specified thing. b. A document, plate, or tag that is issued as proof of official or legal permission: a driver's license. 2. Deviation from normal rules, practices, or methods in order to achieve a certain end or effect. 3. Latitude of action, especially in behavior or speech. See Synonyms at freedom. 4. a. Lack of due restraint; excessive freedom: "When liberty becomes license, dictatorship is near" (Will Durant). b. Heedlessness for the precepts of proper behavior; licentiousness. tr.v. li·censed, li·cens·ing, li·cens·es 1. To give or yield permission to or for. 2. To grant a license to or for; authorize. See Synonyms at authorize.

You keep talking about Rights but yet you willingly infer that we should ALL waive our natural rights to government permission?

Why would you be pro-gay marriage, but also pro-licensing and agreeing that the government does and has authority to choose who is allowed and not allowed?

So actually you are anti-gay or anything else marriage, because you support the same system set up by bigots to oppress you?

You should join the anti-license point of view if you ever hope to get equal rights for anyone, in my opinion.
Real Freedom could really use someone like you. It would be a shame if you made the same mistake over and over again and expected a different result.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

You keep talking about Rights but yet you willingly infer that we should ALL waive our natural rights to government permission?

I do not care about your personal agenda.

Right now we have Legal Government Marriage. That should be the Right of all who want to marry.

Legal Government Marriage is a contract for protection and special rights for those joining together as one household. Gender should not be an issue.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Other then ALL having the same right - - - I don't care. That is a completely separate issue.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
In the United States, the current marriage license schemes derive from complete racism and bigotry.

Blacks Law Dictionary points to this historical fact when it defines “marriage license” as, “A license or permission granted by public authority to persons who intend to intermarry.” “Intermarry” is defined in Black’s Law Dictionary as, “Miscegenation; mixed or interracial marriages.”

One of many many sources

So not only are the pro-license supporters anti-gay rights, they are anti- everyone's rights because they wanted to regulate miscegenation through government authority and contract law.

I believe everyone should have the right to pair with whomever allows them to.
And we actually do, considering there is no enforcement indicating otherwise.

But what this really boils down to is $$$$, because no police are arresting anyone for miscegenation are they?
This is about IRS taxes, which are also illegitimate (look up the Whiskey Rebellion).

If the IRS didn't exist to leech the public's production $, than we wouldn't even have this fake debate about "marriage rights", because technically anyone can say they are married through common law practice and it stands in court, but the IRS doesn't recognize common law they only recognize commerce/maritime law as their "tax forms" are heavily founded upon contractual waivers and licensing schemes.

This whole debate is out of context. It's just that these people want a tax break. It's just about $$$.
No one has been arrested for living with their mate and having intimate relations with them...

Rights? Nope. We are talking about permissions here to things you waived willingly although unknowingly.

If you so choose to come to the side of good and sensibility, than I highly suggest you declare fraud and naivety,
This gives you full legal grounds to nullify all existing contracts with said legal entity because a legal contract cannot be fraudulent if it is to be considered legitimate.

Show me examples of gay people getting arrested for being gay in the last 10 years in the US? Or can we finally admit this is about getting a IRS Tax Break %?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

I do not care about your personal agenda.

Right now we have Legal Government Marriage. That should be the Right of all who want to marry.

Legal Government Marriage is a contract for protection and special rights for those joining together as one household. Gender should not be an issue.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Other then ALL having the same right - - - I don't care. That is a completely separate issue.

Oh so you claim EQUAL RIGHTS, then you claim government marriage gives CERTAIN people (those who want to marry) SPECIAL RIGHTS?

So all of the single people are being oppressed by your personal agenda?

This is about IRS Tax breaks and you know it.
Has nothing to do with actual rights to have intimate relations with anyone.

Stop claiming it's a rights issue when I have proven and you admitted the opposite.

You know as well as I, that married people don't deserve special rights that single people don't have.
We all know that there are TONS of SINGLE PARENTS out there. So the children are being screwed over by this pro-marriage license tax break scheme.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

In the United States, the current marriage license schemes derive from complete racism and bigotry.

What part of I DON'T CARE - - - do you not understand?

This is about ONE specific thing. ALL have the same Equal Right to Government Marriage.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is no marriage license scheme.

If you are talking about why a government marriage license originated - - - it really is moot at this point.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I believe single parents who aren't contractually married through government licensing should have the same freedom from taxation that married folks have.

Why should a woman or man who got left by a dead beat have to pay the more taxes than someone lucky enough to have their mate still supporting them?

I support human rights for all humans.
That means I have to say the IRS Tax Scheme is illegitimate and not founded upon consistent ideological principles.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

What part of I DON'T CARE - - - do you not understand?

This is about ONE specific thing. ALL have the same Equal Right to Government Marriage.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is no marriage license scheme.

If you are talking about why a government marriage license originated - - - it really is moot at this point.

So you agree that single parents should be taxed more than married parents?

You are against single parents rights?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Not the subject.

The subject is same sex legal government marriage.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Yep, Chick-fil-A is still stuck in its own reality and is doubling down on its lie. Instead of owning up to the fact that The Jim Henson Company stopped doing business with them because they're overrun with bigots, the chicken sandwich company appears to have made fake Facebook accounts to defend its honor on the social network. How do we know the accounts are fake? Just check out this back and forth on Chick-fil-A's Facebook page between real, breathing people and "Abby Farle", a Facebook account that was made 8 hours ago by a chicken PR flack with a stock image of a teenage girl as her profile picture

gizmodo source

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Not the subject.

The subject is same sex legal government marriage.

The subject is same sex legal marriage, which you claim, should be allowed, because the master government doesn't currently allow it.

That derives from the entire subject of marriage licences, it's historical roots, the subjects of waivers, permissions/licenses, and contract law.

I am totally on topic, and you know it.
I am revealing the weakness of the entire liberal vs conservative gay marriage debate.
Both sides are pro-state power.

We wouldn't even be debating gay marriage (through govt licenses), had the IRS not existed to regulate our lifestyles in the first place.
edit on 25-7-2012 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

That derives from the entire subject of marriage licences, it's historical roots, the subjects of waivers, permissions/licenses, and contract law.

NO - it doesn't.

It involves social progression in acceptance of homosexuality - - and that they are Equal to heterosexual couples.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

NO - it doesn't.

It involves social progression in acceptance of homosexuality - - and that they are Equal to heterosexual couples.

No one's getting arrested for being homosexual.

Tons of same sex couples live together and have intimate relations, and no one gets in trouble.

So this has nothing to do with social progression, instead it is all about tax code reform.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

No one's getting arrested for being homosexual.

Tons of same sex couples live together and have intimate relations, and no one gets in trouble.

So this has nothing to do with social progression, instead it is all about tax code reform.

So - - you are off on your own personal agenda again.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

Funny how the same people who remain silent on a religion that KILLS homosexuals (cough)

Harass a man for his faith, because he chooses to not sway from his belief....

And its not like hes banned homosexuals from coming to his restuarants, he just stands by his belief on marriage.........

But its ok, lets not touch the fact that in the Arab world you can be killed for being homosexual........

People want others to be tolerant of their lifestyle, yet they are intolerant of anyone who doesnt agree with them....to the point of character assassination

Lets brow beat someone because they just dont think gay marriage applicable in their faith........

Man do we ever have our priorities straight!

Sounds legit

And for the record, I dont care if you want to get married and are gay, has no bearing on me.
edit on 25-7-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join