It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muppets bash Chick-fil-A over owners faith

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by Annee

I don't think you can embed it here.

I edited my post to describe the show a little more. It's pertinent to this discussion, I think.

OK - thanks.

It will probably go viral and end up on YouTube.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
I am not a cultist nor am I a Christian.

Stop insulting because I disagree with you guys.

See, any disagreement on any subject regarding homosexuality and you get insulted all to hell and back, regardless of anything else you say.

It doesn't matter if you say you don't support discrimination, if you criticize homosexuals on other things you're a hater.

Screw you people.

This is why I can't stand liberals.

You can not have an open and honest debate with them because all they'll do is insult you no matter what you say and do.

And all this insulting does not change heart and win minds.

edit on 24-7-2012 by EvilSadamClone because: (no reason given)

Okay genius. I'll accept you're no Christian (but then I don't accept Christians as being Christ-like anyway -- much the opposite). You rail against me for making that assumption, even as you assume I'm a liberal. Gotta love that. Hypocritical reasoning, don't you think?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

No, because you're using typical liberal tactics to shut dissent against them up.

All liberals do is insult people all to hell and they can not have an honest and open respectful debate against them.

Plus you're assuming many things about me because I'm against CERTAIN things they do, and ignore anything else you want to in order to call me a hater.

I am not against homosexuals and would not discriminate against them.

I hate double standards and view some of the things they're doing as double standards, such as when they say it's okay for them to criticize people but expect other to not criticize them.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

It's not about being liberal, bigots deserve to be insulted. Bigots don't deserve my money.

This is about being a decent human being and treating others with equality and respect regardless of sexual orientation. If you can't get on board with that go join the Aryan Brotherhood or some other group of like minded individuals. Open your mind a hair, or keep your antiquated ideologies to yourself.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Osiris1953

Oh so, ye olde "it's okay to be a jerk to somebody who's being a jerk eh?

Then it's okay for somebody to be a jerk to the person who is being a jerk to the jerk. To claim otherwise is a double standard.

There's is a lot of bigotry, and it's not just one side doing it to another.

If bigotry is wrong, it's wrong for EVERYONE, otherwise stop the bs pretense and just admit your own bigotry towards certain groups.

And you're right, it is okay to insult bigots, and liberals are the biggest bigots of all.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

reply to post by pajoly

No, because you're using typical liberal tactics to shut dissent against them up.

All liberals do is insult people all to hell and they can not have an honest and open respectful debate against them.

Plus you're assuming many things about me because I'm against CERTAIN things they do, and ignore anything else you want to in order to call me a hater.

I am not against homosexuals and would not discriminate against them.

I hate double standards and view some of the things they're doing as double standards, such as when they say it's okay for them to criticize people but expect other to not criticize them.

I don't feel the need or responsibility to be respectful to someone who actively promotes the denial of rights to others. What's surprising is that you except to be treated as just someone having an intellectual debate. It shows just how callous you are. I imagine slave owners felt wounded too when others called them out. It is amazing and silly you feel so abused here when the basis of your entire argument is support to restrict the same rights you demand for yourself.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Could this bash have anything to with Bert and Ernie being gay?

I really do think so.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

There will come a day when people will think murdering christians will be doing the world, or God a service. Already building up to that. We're the one thing standing in the way of the one world order and one world religion and the UN's plans for world domination. I don't think there's a one of us now who can't see whats coming soon, it's in the media, newspapers, hollywood. I can feel the dam beginning to break.

If homosexuality was normal in nature you'd see males getting other males pregnant, or females geting other females pregnant, yet you do not because it is not a part of the natural order. It requires an egg from a female and sperm from a male to produce offspring and thats a fact.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

There's a difference between normal and natural. Some people are born with 3 nipples. It's not normal, but it's natural. Tattoos aren't natural but they're normal.

There is the display of homosexuality in the animal kingdom. It's natural. We don't know enough about genes and genetics to confirm confidently what is naturally inherent or what is learned. Therefore, we should err on the side of tolerance.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

If homosexuality was normal in nature you'd see males getting other males pregnant, or females geting other females pregnant, yet you do not because it is not a part of the natural order. It requires an egg from a female and sperm from a male to produce offspring and thats a fact.

In response to this, I will repeat what I said in another thread...

Such behaviors include sex, courtship, affection, pair bonding, and parenting among same sex animals. A 1999 review by researcher Bruce Bagemihl shows that homosexual behavior has been observed in close to 1,500 species, ranging from primates to gut worms, and is well documented for 500 of them.

According to Bagemihl, "the animal kingdom [does] it with much greater sexual diversity – including homosexual, bisexual and nonreproductive sex – than the scientific community and society at large have previously been willing to accept."

One species in which exclusive homosexual orientation occurs is that of domesticated sheep (Ovis aries). "About 10% of rams (males) refuse to mate with ewes (females) but do readily mate with other rams."

An example of overlooking homosexual behavior is noted by Bruce Bagemihl describing mating giraffes where nine out of ten pairings occur between males.

An estimated one-quarter of all black swans pairings are of homosexual males. They steal nests, or form temporary threesomes with females to obtain eggs, driving away the female after she lays the eggs.

Group sex from the swans!

Mallards form male-female pairs only until the female lays eggs, at which time the male leaves the female. Mallards have rates of male-male sexual activity that are unusually high for birds, in some cases, as high as 19% of all pairs in a population.

Can you please stop claiming that "alternative" sexualities are not "natural"...it would seem mother nature disagrees with you. You know they say "It's not nice to try, and fool Mother Nature"

It's really all around you...you just are not paying attention.

link   
reply to post by pajoly

See, that's the thing, I am NOT denying the rights to others, like you seem to think.

I am not against them getting married, like you seem to think.

I have stated before that I do not support discrimination, but you are ignoring that because I am critical of other things. You call me callous but it's your constant insults of me that make me that way.

You are not gaining a friend here, and you may get me to shut up, but I swear to you, if you do shut me up you will not have any support from me I will start supporting any and all discrimination against homosexuals and I will fight you guys any way I can. You do not win hearts and minds by insulting people, you do it by showing them respect and kindness. You do not win hearts and change minds by imposing your will upon people either. That is why you guys are losing on this issue.

I am against them forcing churches to marry them and have stated before that they should go to churches who will marry them. I am against them trying to force private organizations who don't want to let them in because a private organization has every right to choose who they want and don't want as their members. But you ignore that to insult me. I would not be opposed to them forming their own private organizations and will fight against others who would try to shut them down if they did.

Churches have every right to refuse to marry people they don't want to. You seem to think they don't.

Liberals claim to be against bigotry, but they label anything that doesn't agree with them as bigots.

link   
double post

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Witness all, the whining, victim mentality and delusional self-importance that defines modern American Christians. This is the same group that controls the government and all public institutions (Don't believe it? Tell me a an admitted atheist, agnostic or even a Jew could become president today.) This is the same group that is part of the largest voting block in the country. Victims my a$s. And that you have this twisted savior complex where you think your team is the only thing standing between civilization and the dark ages proves just how wildly dangerous and ignorant you are. The things modern Christians want the most if they have the balls to admit it is a government that is a democracy in image, but a theocracy in reality where laws are all biblically rooted and the members of their team exercise final say on all matters, history and science books are re-written to support their myths and making them masters of all others. We are close to that as it is.

The Christian States of America. Now there's a true nightmare I can foresee on the horizon. It is a key reason why I (who speaks only English and am of Irish ancestry) am raising all my children to be bi-literate in English and Spanish. I want to equip them to function successfully outside this deteriorating nation, to escape it before the theocrats have completely won.

Do people like you ever wonder why most in the 50s and 60s and even 70s had no problems with Christians and, in fact, largely considered themselves Christians? Is is because those Christians were not a political party. It is because those Christians were not sociopaths and theocrats. Ask yourself what has changed that many should fear the modern American Christian.
edit on 24-7-2012 by pajoly because: clarity

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

LOL.. You think I am a liberal. Ha ha. There you go again. How do you expect to get anywhere if you are so close minded and stereotype so much.

I am a very conservative libertarian. The thing is people like you get brainwashed by the media into thinking liberalism is something that it isn't (abortion and gay rights).

Liberal means big government, big spending, more laws and programs. Conservative is small government, less spending, less laws and programs.

I am far more conservative than you could ever imagine or ever will be. Conservative libertarian.

And I love where you said:

That's the thing about racists and deviants is they always think they aren't and can never see their own bigotry and deviant behavior and always think they're right.

You should pay extra attention there. I have a basis for my accusations of you. Those words fit you, they don't describe me at all and actually I am having a hard time seeing how you even got that considering I am defending everyone's right to be equal and you are opposing it.
edit on 24-7-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
He thanks God for giving him his wife? When did God start pimpin?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Baloney, you are the one who's doing the same thing to me that you are claiming that I am doing to you.

You are the one who's stereotyping me and twisting the things I say into saying that I am a bigot without reading anything I said.

I am the one who is defending EVERYONE'S rights here, it is YOU who are claiming that one groups has SPECIAL RIGHTS because they've been discriminated against for millenia. To which I say horsechit.

Everyone has the same rights, and you are wrong to say that they do not.

And you are no libertarian.

Until you stop insulting me and lieing about me you are nothing more than a liberal.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

I am not lying.
Actually you are lying unless you actually believe everyone has the same rights. Gay people can't get married to the person they love in every state like everyone else. So YOU ARE WRONG.

And yes I am a libertarian, but there is no sense in debating that with you because.. well I know better than you. I don't even know what your basis for arguing that would be.. or even how you could argue it. Just so you don't try though.. I believe in small government, sound money, equal rights across the board (all races and sexuality), I believe in less taxes (no income tax), ending funding both financially and militarily around the world (including to Israel) so we can use it at home, I believe in the right to bear arms, and most importantly FEWER LAWS and programs.. Yeah.. I know who I am better than you do.

The mere fact that you support existing laws that forbid gays from getting married shows to me that YOU are the big government liberal.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Yes, you are lying.

That's all liberals do anyway.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Haha.. again, nice answer.
Unfortunately you can't back it up. I am not lying, and between the two of us, you are likely the liberal.
I don't support creating laws to keep people from marrying each other. That is liberalism. You can call me liberal all you want.. it wont make it true.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
After GVM's excellent post:

Yes, you are lying.

That's all liberals do anyway.

You guys need any more proof that a troll is in our midst?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join