It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass shooting in Aurora, CO (At Batman Film Premiere)

page: 92
<< 89  90  91    93  94  95 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

If he really wanted more attention he would have just detonated the bomb and blew the complex...why even say its booby trapped? Not a very smart mass murderer in my opinion.

Personally I think he was lookin for a way to get help, and this was his way.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
As 2012 aproches the bactune may be comming to pass,peices have been put in place the past 2-3 years the tea party has been riled up "brought to arms" now children are massacured with guns. A imidiate left wing attack on 2nd ammendment . Lines are drawn civil war may be set up or kept as heated debates. while we argue about gun laws it gives shadow government chance to make chess moves on jerusalem and egypt. Beware...

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
wtf was a baby at the screening is it a universal ???

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
The latest live CNN footage seems to show the cops trying to enter through a DIFFERENT window now.Looks like the picture window.Not the smaller one they have been working on.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ZIPMATT

I see parents taking babies to movies all the time....though the worst one was a mom taking her 5 year old to Saving Private Ryan - kid was terrified and thankfully the mother left with her child.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seeing the shock and how unprepared we are for this type of event, I wonder how the nation would respond to a "Teeth of the Tiger" event. (a Tom Clancy novel)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by curiousrb
Sorry if I sound like a tool, but think of this as a low possibility.

From the oddity of the attack maybe it was planned to introduce tougher gun laws so less people are prepared when SHTF?

Just a thought. But may prayers are with those families in grief.

Here too.
May not be the time to think of anything other than the victims; but...
I think it's a rather large possibility. Mark my words: This tragedy will not be "wasted"

Expect an unasked for expansion for Theatre security agents(TSA) "coming soon" from Aunt Janet...

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

Maybe this has been answered in this huge thread, but I have been working all day. I heard this morning the killer told the cops that his apartment was boobytrapped. If this guy wanted to kill many people why stop with the ones at the movies? Why not take out some cops too?

Why did he tip off the cops?

Don't get me wrong. I am glad he did. Just curious why.

anybody have any thoughts on the above?

Killing a cop is a capital murder?

I doubt that he would have the where-with-all to think that thru, but.....

So far, he is guilty of murder at the theater. Can they stick a capital murder charge on him? I don't know
the law--I'm not sure mass murder carries a capital murder charge....

Still, the guy would have to possess some crazy James Bond cool to think of that angle after-having
already rigged the apartment.

I would think it was probably a reaction to intimidation....real-life scenarios don't play out the
way you imagine them, and I imagine he expected to die after a wild shoot-out

link   
reply to post by Valhall

Sounds like he was expecting someone to open that door and when the cops didn't mention it he realized it didn't happen. It's a good thing that lady didn't open that door.

link   
reply to post by jam321

My guess is he planned to make a big statement like Andres Brevik.

But maybe had a change in plans after he saw the bodies. Maybe felt it was enough.

I have to wonder what his interviews are going to be like.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
People with the same name of the shooter attacked on Facebook

www.technolog.msnbc.msn.com...

Why are people with the same name of the shooter being attacked on Facebook? Very simple explanation.

If you have ever watched a movie called Seven or the Matrix series of movies you will understand their method. In both movies what is seen as an evil spirit both the demons and the System Agents move through the "spirit world" taking over new bodies thus replacing the persons soul and spirit with that of the evil spirit.

Those who are attacking like named individuals are part of a group who thinks that once the spirit of a person leaves or the evil that caused the person to do what they did has done the evil deed and then leaves the body would find a new home in a body of similar name. Such people believe that the evil spirit only inserts itself in a similar named body because of the easy access to the persons body.

The group also believes that by attacking those with like names may with their words or signs may in fact run the evil spirit or demon out of the body where the spirit or demon would not survive if it does not have a new body of similar name to infest.

Such people think of theirselves as ghostbusters or exorcists but are nothing more than severely delusional people looking to create a hysteria where another person might become crazed because of the event surrounding their name to the point of committing a similar act to prove their belief of evil or demonic spirits.

Then there are those who impersonate another person to try and make someone believe that the person that they are mimicking is talking through them which is just as delusional as the group in above discussion.

There are also those who try to project theirself as being someone popular who may resemble a famous person by dressing and talking like the popular person hoping to achieve fame and fortune as the person they are mimicking has.

When such people do not get their way they usually end up becoming raged lunatics and commit an atrocious act against people to vent their anger and to take retribution out on those who did see them for who the person wanted the people to see them as.
edit on 20-7-2012 by Dryson because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by godWhisperer

That is just proof that members of the Aurora police department knew what was going to happen ahead of time.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Is this the false flag attack to put TSA in private businesses?

link   

Originally posted by Kastogere
reply to post by sonnny1

So what your saying is that I suffer from too much Vitamin D?

Your idea of normal and a Palestinians idea of normal are 2 entirely different things....the opinion you put forth only seems to apply to the "Civilized Western nations" so its biased at best.

And again, I never said I fit the description of normal, perhaps I have been exposed to too much violence in my life. Too late to do anything about ole apathy now...honestly at this point in the game it's probably the only thing that will save my butt when someone decides to open fire in a supermarket for not having their coupons accepted.

Because I wont be cowering on the floor like a helpless shlob, thanks to apathy I'll be able to work on a way to destroy the threat. Think of my apathy as a survival mechanism.

What I am saying is, if people felt a bit more compassion, instead of using excuses, then life would be just a bit better.
Ive lived a rough life myself, but that doesnt give me the right, to justify or make excuses, if I decided to go kill innocent victims, all in the name of making a twisted point. Im not here to judge you, either. I just think sometimes, we get into this state of being callous, and cold. Sometimes we need to look around, and ask why.

link   

Originally posted by g146541

Maybe this has been answered in this huge thread, but I have been working all day. I heard this morning the killer told the cops that his apartment was boobytrapped. If this guy wanted to kill many people why stop with the ones at the movies? Why not take out some cops too?

Like I said amongst one of these pages, ...
It is my guess, the booby trapped apartment would have been a distraction to get all of the cops somewhere else than the theatre, then he could do the deed and escape.
When his distraction did not pan out, he knew he was boned and decided to give up, escaping death.
He was a coward...err is a coward, soon to be was hopefully.

I had originally thought the same as you but his apartment was only 3 miles away from the theatre. He seems like a smart dude so creating a distraction, and a complicted intricate distraction as it is, only 3 miles away doesnt seem so intelligent to me. Just my 2 cents.

I'm thinking the reality of the situation that he created hit him like a ton of bricks and he wanted to stop whatever else he could. Part of it remorse, part of it still "keeping the power".

link   

Originally posted by antonia
reply to post by Valhall

Sounds like he was expecting someone to open that door and when the cops didn't mention it he realized it didn't happen. It's a good thing that lady didn't open that door.

I think you're right.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by mattdel

the teaparty was brought to arms over past few years, now the left wing immediatly attack 2nd ammendment. this could be very bad. while it may not lead to full blown civil war, heated debates over gun laws will allow the shadow government to move more chess peices on the holy land and egypt

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by FreeEnki

Which is why I mentioned false flag, but some members don't think that should get discussed.
edit on 20-7-2012 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

It really doesn't make sense that he would tell them. It's like he didn't care anymore and he just didn't want anyone to get hurt. Maybe he thought the neighbors took the bait and opened the door, tripping an explosion.

Also, stumbled across the Daily Mail article and it seems to have some good quick info as well as images.
Daily Mail - Aurora Shooting

link   
reply to post by sirnukeem

Big pharma, sure! But what about Hollywood? Perhaps the fact that he was indeed dressed as a character from the film is precisely why we have yet to see a mug shot? Parents seeing a killer dressed as what their kid wants to be for Halloween might be bad for business. We need more disclosure, and more interviews from friends- past AND present.

link   
reply to post by sirnukeem

im going to throw one out there, obama had some kind of involvement to get people from thinking
about obamacare..

Or we find out tomorrow that Nato has been bombing Syria for over 24 hours and the Russians and Americans have been in a pitched tank battle outside their port of Tartrus.

But really. There are enough people "on the brink" out there that all the media has to do is wait around for the next Looney bin to go off. The tragedy is that people around him that knew him are right now probably going, "There was something not right about that guy." We all know somebody like that. Thats why these things happen. Nobody can say with surety who will go sproing next.

But afterwards we all go uh-huh. I knew it. Be interested to hear from his neighbors and those two roommates.

new topics

top topics

<< 89  90  91    93  94  95 >>

join