It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass shooting in Aurora, CO (At Batman Film Premiere)

page: 93
<< 90  91  92    94  95  96 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
reply to post by FreeEnki

Which is why I mentioned false flag, but some members don't think that should get discussed.
edit on 20-7-2012 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

It's not that it shouldn't be discussed-It's because you guys scream "False Flag" everytime something happens. Yet none of what you guys proclaim will happen due to said false flag happens. I swear I could go to the white house and take a crap in a public toilet, tweet that and you guys would proclaim it was a false flag to get the TSA in public bathrooms. At some point you have to accept there really are just crazy people out there who are deluded and living in a fantasy world. It's a guy who paints his hair read, says "I'm the Joker" and kills people just like the joker did in a Batman movie? Hey, if it walks like a duck.....
edit on 20-7-2012 by antonia because: opps

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Just heard on the news, legislation is being proposed to not allow any type of costumes or masks in movie theaters. No more Rocky Horror Show nights. Nor little kids dressing up for Disney films. Over reaction I think. Politicians using a tragic, high profile situation to flap their gums in front of a camera.

My heart goes out to everyone touched by this tragedy...the shock and pain will last a long time for many.

Des

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by rival

he wouldnt have! he may be a pattsie.they are going to destroy apartment so they can pertray him as they wish.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj
reply to post by jam321

My guess is he planned to make a big statement like Andres Brevik.

But maybe had a change in plans after he saw the bodies. Maybe felt it was enough.

I have to wonder what his interviews are going to be like.

I kinda agree. Seems like there's been some testimony that he oddly just quit shooting and returned to his car. Also, it's pretty easy to imagine a suicide, murder before any interviews/prosecution, isn't it?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Masks aren't going to stop people from using guns.

The knee jerk on this is ridiculous.

They need to be passing legislation on JOBS.
Reading he was unemployed and collecting unemployment and struggling to find a job.

We are led by just a bunch of idiots.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Huh, wonder how many times I mentioned false flag. Think this might be the first time I mentioned. With the UN small arms treaty coming this July 27, you can make the connection. Yes, more then likely he is some nutcase who snapped.....but I happen to entertain the thought there might be more to it.

No need for you and others to get your panties in a bunch over it.

Also, if he wanted to be the Joker, why paint his hair red? Green hair.
edit on 20-7-2012 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Perhaps:
He got a mental rush from all his planning and preparations;

Once he chose and executed his first few victims He learned the awful truth "Real life killing is not fun or video game easy";either with a gun or pointed stick. He had satiated his rage with 40+ victims and possibly re- gained a sliver of sanity and compassion.???????

edit on 20-7-2012 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
The way I see it... With the amount body armor he had on, I am pretty sure he was expecting a long gun fight with police, and maybe a fight to the death. Why all that armor for unarmed movie watchers? I know he was expecting a police gun fight in the end. The amount of guns and ammo he had also points to that. From reports, I don't think he used all his ammo, or even used all the guns.

Something tells me that he planned a big event, but he didn't plan for the psychological aspect of killing people and watching them die. I am pretty sure the horrific scene he caused gave him a change of heart during his rampage, and he decided to stop prematurely, and give up.

Some people get really angry, and then act out in anger, then instantly come to their senses and feel guilt during the act, and stop. I am pretty sure that is what happened here.

I think he planned to kill whoever entered his apartment too... maybe police, family, friends... but again, I think the psychological effects got to him, and he decided to stop killing, so he told the police about the explosives.

I think this could have been a lot worse than it was. There was no real reason for him to stop, I heard he had more ammo. I truly think he was overcome with guilt and decided to stop, and submit to the police.

He probably didn't have the courage to take his own life either, or cause his own suicide by police. After seeing people die, some fear death a little more. I think he got psyched out.

-edit-

After reading posts that were made while I was typing, I see some people agree with me. It seems to be the case.
edit on 20-7-2012 by senselessness because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kastogere
reply to post by intrptr

If he really wanted more attention he would have just detonated the bomb and blew the complex...why even say its booby trapped? Not a very smart mass murderer in my opinion.

Because he knows that this will extend the coverage of his deeds. A lonely person with delusions of grandeur. Why do you think he picked a blockbuster packed movie and then shot it up? Cause he wanted less attention?

Personally I think he was lookin for a way to get help, and this was his way.

Except this kind of disfunction is afraid to ask for it. That would make people think that there is something wrong with him and he is afraid of others knowing that. He knows that but won't admit it. All the while the resentment towards others is building... until one day he takes all that built up resentment out on the people (any people) that caused him all that pain (whether real or perceived).

edit on 20-7-2012 by intrptr because: spelchek

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

An aspiring sportscaster who just barely avoided the Toronto Eaton Centre shooting in June has been identified as one of twelve people killed at an early morning massacre at a Denver movie theatre.

ca.news.yahoo.com...

unbelievable

link   
reply to post by hadriana

Hi Hon:

Totally agree about the kneee-jerk. Although I think I did hear at one time he had been unemployed, but this wasn't the case now. He had a job in Aurora ... right?

link   

Originally posted by ZiggyMojo
reply to post by Evolutionsend

Yes, there are so many elements that can't be weighed out without being there. Bystanders and other innocents is a huge one. It is my biggest fear that in the event that I would ever have to use my own firearm, I run the possibility of injuring someone besides the attacker. It is with great responsibility that anyone carries a weapon, and of even greater caution when it is used. Who is to say that someone in that theater didn't have a gun on them.. But in a dark theater, full of teargas, screams, gunfire and confusion.. It would be extremely hard to pull a trigger with confidence that you would hit the attacker and only the attacker.

Couldnt have said that better myself.....I have been a long time card carrying member, using my 2nd rights. It is a major responsibility!
This is a tragedy and nothing can ever be done to change that fact.....

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
isn't it interesting that heath ledger died before the airing of dark knight and now this ?

death seems to be a common theme that surrounds this movie
edit on 20-7-2012 by seenavv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hadrian
reply to post by hadriana

Hi Hon:

Totally agree about the kneee-jerk. Although I think I did hear at one time he had been unemployed, but this wasn't the case now. He had a job in Aurora ... right?

He dropped out of med school a month earlier.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
why i'm calling it a conspiracy

someone make a thread on this video. I want everyone to see it.
edit on 20-7-2012 by HazyChestNutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by seenavv

An aspiring sportscaster who just barely avoided the Toronto Eaton Centre shooting in June has been identified as one of twelve people killed at an early morning massacre at a Denver movie theatre.

ca.news.yahoo.com...

unbelievable

That is freaky-deaky. Ever see "Final Destination"?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

Yes, and the New York Times reports that he is/was collecting unemployment.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE
reply to post by jam321

Perhaps:

Once he chose and executed his first few victims He learned the awful truth "Real life killing is not fun or video game easy";either with a gun or pointed stick. He had satiated his rage with 40+ victims and possibly re- gained a sliver of sanity and compassion.???????

He did play video games. He had a PHd doctorate that used to work for DARPA.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentKoala

As opposed to what you are doing on the other side of the issue?

This is about people, not politics.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by John_Rodger_Cornman

Originally posted by 46ACE
reply to post by jam321

Perhaps:

He did play video games. He had a PHd doctorate that used to work for DARPA.

The question is why did he quit or stop working for DARPA?
edit on 7/20/2012 by Emergingtruth because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 90  91  92    94  95  96 >>

join