It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass shooting in Aurora, CO (At Batman Film Premiere)

page: 94
<< 91  92  93    95  96  97 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Emergingtruth

Originally posted by John_Rodger_Cornman

Originally posted by 46ACE
reply to post by jam321

Perhaps:
He got a mental rush from all his planning and preparations;

Once he chose and executed his first few victims He learned the awful truth "Real life killing is not fun or video game easy";either with a gun or pointed stick. He had satiated his rage with 40+ victims and possibly re- gained a sliver of sanity and compassion.???????

edit on 20-7-2012 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

He did play video games. He had a PHd doctorate that used to work for DARPA.

The question is why did he quit or stop working for DARPA?
edit on 7/20/2012 by Emergingtruth because: (no reason given)

or even perhaps.... he continued working for DARPA ?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

Thank you for the update - my heart goes out
to the victims, their family and friends.

What is this world coming to?
edit on 20-7-2012 by crazydaisy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leonidas
reply to post by SilentKoala

As opposed to what you are doing on the other side of the issue?

This is about people, not politics.

He never stated he didn't care about the people....of course we are all saddened about what happened.

But the more gun control crowd has already started pushing for more regulations....which is just a knee jerk reaction which does little to prevent things like this from occurring.

link   
reply to post by senselessness

A theory we had about 50 pages back was that he had the music playing at his apartment to lure someone to open the door. His neighbor said the music started about midnight, if she had opened the door and triggered the explosion then police and other emergency services would be headed over there before he started his assault at the theater.

From here it's interesting because things played out so weird, from various sources, direct police transcripts included, he was simply just at the car not doing anything and didn't give up a fight. He just submitted. I'm pretty sure the first part was what he had planned... from there I'm at a loss. He seemed to definitely want a lessened police presence around the cinema, but for a getaway or to make it easier to shoot cops (not as badly outnumbered) nobody knows but him.

link   
The thing that bugs me the most is that most of the witnesses have said over and over that someone received a call sitting in the front row to open the door to let the shooter (Holmes) in and yet the news stations like CNN have kept on saying Holmes went outside and came back in at the emergency exit....

link   

Originally posted by seenavv

Originally posted by Emergingtruth

Originally posted by 46ACE
reply to post by jam321

Perhaps:
He got a mental rush from all his planning and preparations;

Once he chose and executed his first few victims He learned the awful truth "Real life killing is not fun or video game easy";either with a gun or pointed stick. He had satiated his rage with 40+ victims and possibly re- gained a sliver of sanity and compassion.???????

edit on 20-7-2012 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

He did play video games. He had a PHd doctorate that used to work for DARPA.

The question is why did he quit or stop working for DARPA?

or even perhaps.... he continued working for DARPA ?

It would make sense if he did have a connection to DARPA because it would be the reason why the police would have to blow up his "booby trapped" apartment and eliminate any evidence that will be used to find out the truth.
edit on 7/20/2012 by Emergingtruth because: (no reason given)[/editby

extra DIV

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by HazyChestNutz

Interesting video. Especially the dude at 1:40 who states:

If you want to guarantee more copy cats of these types of crimes then:

Do begin the story coverage with lots of flashing lights and sirens blaring.
Do show photos of the killer on the news.
Do fill all the outlets with 24/7 coverage of the event.
Do focus on the body count.
Do make him to be some kind of anti-hero.

Shame on... shame on (derp) the media. The agenda of course is ever increasing "security" (read that erosion of your rights) and more and more control of your day to day lives.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
I wonder if they have any government/federal programs in the department of neuro science where he was a student?
Drug trails?Hypnosis maybe?

Why did he tell the cops about the bombs?

This totally reeks to me.

Yet again more innocent people die for reasons we may never know or understand.
Poor families,my heart goes out to them.

I agree.

Am I the only person who is thinking 'MK Ultra'?

This story, like others, is getting a little Lee Harvey Oswaldish......

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Is this the false flag attack to put TSA in private businesses?

You've asked this twice.

Answer is the same both times - no. I'm sooooo sick and tired of kids stomping their feet, squinting their eyes, and screaming "FALSE FLAG! FALSE FLAG" Eric Cartman style. It seems that people want to say this about everything bad that happens in this world these days.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by sam_inc
omg i can't read 91 pages, could some one please open up an new thread with new updates

Have you got a tv or search engine?

I'm watching CNN now and not much in new updates. They haven't blown up his residence as they reported earlier. AC just said they are still carefully trying to diffuse the booby traps.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
There was a poster on here as well talking about the "next big media event" and I guess this was it. Here is his thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The freaky thing is, is that they were talking about Batman

I quoted the posts in my last post there. Freaky stuff, hope theres not more coming....

EDIT: what im saying is the posters in the above thread may have accidentally predicted last nights shooting a month ago, thats what freaks me out!
edit on 20-7-2012 by strangedays because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
i keep seeing people saying they are going to blow up the building but the news is saying it MIGHT take a couple of days for them to get in there. the only place i'm hearing about the building getting blown up is here.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
This is a terrible story, I've been following it as best I can all day while at work. I think most likely this is just the act of a troubled young man and there probably isn't much of a conspiracy here. However, I am puzzled as to why he would alert the police about the bomb/explosives in his apartment. That really perplexes me. I guess he could have just had a change of heart after finally going through with his premeditated plan and realizing killing wasn't what he expected. But I don't know, just very strange...

As for the costumes, I have no problem with individual theaters enforcing a dress code. Frankly, I don't see why a grown man or women would feel compelled to wear a costume to a theater to begin with. I can see an argument for children though, there shouldn't be an issue with a young child dressing up.
edit on 20-7-2012 by IamMe14 because: ...

edit on 20-7-2012 by IamMe14 because: oops typo

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by seenavv

Where are you guys getting this info about him working for DARPA?

I can't find anything besides rumors.

link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher

Originally posted by AntiNWO
I don't know about CO, but in AZ we have very liberal CCW laws (you don't even need a permit), but most places like movie theaters have signs stating "No Weapons Allowed". IMO they might as well say "No Self-Defense Allowed", because these are the places that this kind of thing happens.

Justifying a citizen fueled shoot out in a smoke filled theater with a panicked crowd, when the main perp is largely bullet proofed, is one of the dumbest ideas I have yet to hear.
edit on 20-7-2012 by Regenmacher because: (no reason given)

"a smoke filled theater"? You need to make up facts in order to insult me and bolster your weak argument?

I'm not going to make this an anti vs. pro 2nd Amendment thing, but I would suggest that you read my post a second time, because obviously you have a reading comprehension problem. I was talking about these situations IN GENERAL, and IN GENERAL, these nutcases are not covered head-to-toe in armor. Do you really think that this coward would have tried this if he knew that there would be armed citizens in that theater? None of these people do that, because while they may be insane, they're not that stupid.

The problem with people of your ilk is that you always fantasize that anyone who legally carries a firearn is an insane careless, untrained maniac, just looking for an excuse to play cowboy, and just shoots anything that moves, when you've never taken the time to engage any of them in friendly conversation. Try that sometime, maybe you'll learn something about the difference between human nature and propaganda.

The sad, disgusting reality is that you'd prefer 12 people dead and 59 wounded over anyone legally having a chance to defend him/herself, or a theater full of people. But I guess if you can sleep at night, then who am I to question it?

link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
I wonder if they have any government/federal programs in the department of neuro science where he was a student?
Drug trails?Hypnosis maybe?

Why did he tell the cops about the bombs?

This totally reeks to me.

Yet again more innocent people die for reasons we may never know or understand.
Poor families,my heart goes out to them.

I agree.

Am I the only person who is thinking 'MK Ultra'?

This story, like others, is getting a little Lee Harvey Oswaldish......

People say that crap about every person that goes off and puts bullets in a few people, or eats a person's face off, etc. It gets a bit old.

link   

Originally posted by flyswatter

You've asked this twice.

Answer is the same both times - no. I'm sooooo sick and tired of kids stomping their feet, squinting their eyes, and screaming "FALSE FLAG! FALSE FLAG" Eric Cartman style. It seems that people want to say this about everything bad that happens in this world these days.

Perhaps you should stop reading those posts then.....bit uptight today?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
why so serious

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide

Originally posted by flyswatter

You've asked this twice.

Perhaps you should stop reading those posts then.....bit uptight today?

How is one supposed to know the content of a post without reading it? Not thinking much?

It just gets really old with people screaming false flag, mk ultra, and sleeper cell at every nutcase that goes off and shoots a few people.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
That dude has been set up ......... um hum ...... hook line and mofo sinker. Sky News keep changing the story "on the hour every hour"

This story stinks , especially when Osama is using it as a cheap shot for the up coming elections ........... fly flags at half mast
who did he shoot ? Bat Man ?

By the way , just been to see the movie and it is is AMAAAIIZZIIING ...... seriously

EDIT : throw a grenade in the window ....... problem solved

edit on 20-7-2012 by RockLobster because: (no reason given)

<< 91  92  93    95  96  97 >>

join