It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass shooting in Aurora, CO (At Batman Film Premiere)

page: 96
<< 93  94  95    97  98  99 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by RockLobster
reply to post by ManiShuck

Here in England thay say he used a 12 guage , and the witnesses were saying he had a long rifle .......... they said he was chased , whilst his house was - not - raided and they somehow know its rigged to blow when they havent been in yet ....... then they say he was arrested at the cinema when police pulled guns on him.

Its utter B.S

He had a Remington 870 shotgun, Colt AR-15 assault rifle, a .40 caliber glock on him and another handgun in the car. I haven't heard or read of any witnesses saying he had a non-assault rifle. Though having just lived through something like they did it wouldn't be uncommon for them to say one thing and mean another, especially if they aren't used to such weapons.

There is also no evidence of him being chased, except maybe that the police ran in the theater through the front to where the shooting was, but those couldn't get in to the theater the shooting happened due to the gas. The live police scanner had police saying he was spotted at his car. He was arrested without any, or little, struggle and he was cooperative and forthcoming at first but now has a lawyer.

His apartment wasn't raided but they did bust in windows and use cameras and spotted the explosives that Holmes mentioned.

I've been following this pretty much since it happened and have heard tons of crazy rumors but that's the most solid info we have.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by starviego

When the Feds get involved, you know it was a covert op:

www.cnn.com...
The FBI is assisting in the investigation, officials said. .... Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms agents were involved in the apartment search, agency spokesman Tom Mangan said.

star - you've moved.

You always live right near where the newest mass shooter is.

That's very....psyopy.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
How many incidents like this is it goin to take before America
Realise their culture/society and guns do not mix. I see people
All the time people defend havin guns by saying well this country has this and this country does this
Etcetera but please fce it America you are the worst for mass
Shootings with absolutely no political agenda/warfare behind it. You say that guns don't kill peopl
People do but if this happened in the UK
This guy would never have even found the gun to do
It let alone the amo.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentKoala

Yep, shame that such senseless crimes are used for anti-gun propaganda. This is tragic, and it shouldn't be used for the agenda of gun-grabbers...

I was listening to the report on tv and they mentioned the AR-15 as a "military rifle"...

These idiots don't even know that the AR-15 is a civilian rifle and it is a semi-automatic weapon, the M16 is the military version of the CIVILIAN AR-15 and only on the M16 can you have the option to select fire...

Criminals, even new criminals will find weapons EASILY in the black market.. All these regulations and bans on legal firearms are just affecting regular people's right to own and bear arms...

There are already laws that if you are a criminal one of the conditions for you to be free is to never have a weapon/firearms. Of course many criminals don't care about the law and will continue breaking it.

The shooter was a medical student but I am not sure if he burned out or what. Although looking at his picture he has the looks of a crazy person.

My condolescence for the families of the victims.

edit on 20-7-2012 by ElectricUniverse because: errors.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Yes, and no on registered unless receipt of purchase counts. CNN claimed they saw one indicating he ordered it online specifically. Good question on the funding aspect of it, it appeared he had a full setup basically (possibly even a riot shield seen at the parking lot...).

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
We still know so little about the shooter's actual motivations, but ATS being a speculative website, we are all free to speculate. Given that, here's my tentative prediction: the guy was a lone nut.

Not a member of a political group, not a "terrorist." Not a "false flag." Not an MKUltra casualty, not a psyop. Not a reptoid, not a Nephilim or an Annunaki. Not a project Monarch generational Satanist. Just a guy with mental problems. Maybe, being a neuroscience student, he might have "sampled his own wares" a bit too frequently or intensely. Or maybe not. But either way, i predict he was simply acting alone for his own deranged reasons.

Leftists will try to say he was a tea-partier. Conservatives will say he was an OWS supporter. Both will probably be wrong. Or if it turns out he did have ideological leanings to one side or another, it will probably turn out that politics won't be the underlying explanation for this madness.

I could be wrong, of course. But these conclusions seem to be where a judicious wielding of Occam's razor leads.

Those of us who were around on ATS for the Jared Lee Loughner tragedy will recall all the florid speculation about politics, psyops, gun-grabbing, and false flags that went down at the time. It all turned out to be hot air and bilious nonsense. There is a lesson there.

edit on 7/20/2012 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by IamMe14
reply to post by krossfyter

so that's where the Jay Z song came from! To each his own but staying young doesn't require me dressing up as the Hulk and hitting up the movie theater. I'm 33 by the way, and the last time I enjoyed dressing up in public was at age 5 when I went ice skating as Zorro. But, people do enjoy it and we all like different things. However, I think it's a reasonable regulation for a private business to enforce this.
edit on 20-7-2012 by IamMe14 because: (no reason given)

its totally understood to me at least if they want to endorse this law at the theater. but i can see the negative side to that as well.

however grown people dressing up in costume and supporting their childhood fav is logical to me. sure staying young to you doesnt require dressing up in whatever comic hero and hitting the theater, but that doesnt mean others believe in that. you are right to each his own. people find different ways of trying to stay young and keep that fresh spirit. personally i dont do it, u know go to the theaters with costume but i can understand why others would and i respect them.

edit on 20-7-2012 by krossfyter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by AntiNWO

Originally posted by Hadrian
Which of the other mass shootings in American history occurred in movie theaters? I'm not remembering any of them.

Read it again. I said these shootings happen in places that don't allow firearms. I thought I made that abundantly clear, but maybe I'm the brain-dead one.

Are you going to argue that this could have happened at a gun show?

No...it would not have happened at a gun show, I assure you.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by eyesdown

I will copy and paste what I put in the other thread:

UK has the highest crime in Europe. You keep picking gun crime, but you forget all the others.

For burglaries and robberies England and Wales had more crimes per 100,000 people than the USA.

link

In the UK, there are 2,034 offences per 100,000 people, way ahead of second-placed Austria with a rate of 1,677
The U.S. has a violence rate of 466 crimes per 100,000 residents, Canada 935, Australia 92 and South Africa 1,609.

linky

So you can deflect and ignore all you want, and try to focus only on gun deaths, but fact is, that is the only fact you have to use.

Crime is at a 60 year low in the states.

You rarely heard of kidnapping till the illegal immigrant population surged in Phoenix. that is a new phenomenon. Most Americans have never been pick pocketed, but always hear of cities to avoid in Europe because of how prevalant it is.

The States ranks 57th in the world for rape. Every European country is ahead of us.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I haven't seen this yet, apparently TMZ is saying Holmes had an account at AdultFriendFinder.

The eyes on the guy look similar. Plus he does have red hair in the pictures. They say he joined July 5th and has been inactive the past 3 days. Listed as similar height and age.

TMZ - James Holmes

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by xrevxoltx

I just seen this story on the news literally minutes before logging on to ATS, and only the last few minutes of that news story. From all I read the shooting made no sense, as to his reasons, who knows. And the dude does not seem to have been going trough anything in his life to really make him crack and go bat # crazy like that. I even heard that he said something along the lines of I am the joker, but that is just things I heard so I dont take it all to serious, but at a batman premiere movie something like that would make sense that the shooter could of been heard saying.

Its pretty f'd up, especially since it was at the premiere of a new movie, and worse I personally have been looking forward to the new Batman movie and I'f I knew it was out today I would of gone and watched it. Not that I am anywhere near Colorado were this case happened, but still.

Next time I see a dude all dressed up and in a mask, even if its a mascot for whatever movie, and I have seen a few before, and also people dressed up as characters from the movie they were going to watch and thought nothing of it. I can see how they would of all gotten taken by complete surprise by this whole thing. Bu Man, I'f I go out and see any suspicious characters walking around that look that they do not quite fit, I am definitely watching them for any unwarranted moves from now on, just in case.

The whole thing does not make any sense, and I have not heard anything about the possible motives of why he did all that. I mean other then being crazy, there has to be at least something that lead him to this, people don't just one day snap and decide to shoot up a movie theater over nothing and out of the blue.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Wow...it sure looks like him, he says he's looking for a gal or group for fun and his hair is dyed red...just dyed red. I don't think it has anything to do with the joker or batman. He looks feminine in the pic. Not to insult anyone, sorry. But he looks "closeted".
And he left a strange message "Will you visit me in jail?"
edit on 20-7-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Wonder if the shooter is telling the authorities all about this whole affair or will he be helped a bit.

His openness might speak of his desire for attention, if that had anything to do with it.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by theirtruthlies0806
Reports are coming in that movie theaters all around the country are calling in extra police presence this weekend.

HERE WE GO FOLKS!!

If the theaters don't have extra security; they will lose business...and a lot of money.

link   

Originally posted by ManiShuck
I haven't seen this yet, apparently TMZ is saying Holmes had an account at AdultFriendFinder.

The eyes on the guy look similar. Plus he does have red hair in the pictures. They say he joined July 5th and has been inactive the past 3 days. Listed as similar height and age.

TMZ - James Holmes

Hahaha wow. Really??

"Holmes" -- who used the screen name classicjimbo -- included a cryptic message on the top of the profile which reads, "Will you visit me in prison?"

That's... uh.. strange. Sensationalism or truth?
Dirty laundry... very dirty laundry

link   
I think he was just a lonely guy with a lot of rage, sorrow, and other negative emotions that fueled this crime. He was dropping out of school. Perhaps the stress of trying to get the PHD in neurobiology, failing to do so, and perhaps family members hating on him because he was dropping out had something to do with it. The "I'm Joker" thing is probably just his way of dehumanizing himself.. the thought of being a villain dehumanizing his victims so he could carry out this crime.

I don't think it has anything to do with anything... and the worst that will probably come out of it is stricter laws on who can go to midnight showings of movies. Honestly.. who takes a 3 yo to a movie at midnight?

As far as pro or anti gun goes, I don't think armed citizens would have helped the matter much. Possibly would have caused more harm than good, at least in this situation. People were adversely affected by tear gas. The gunman was wearing protective gear. There was confusion, darkness, and if anyone had to tried to play the hero, even more may have died. So.. I don't think any pro gun comments at least in this situation carry much weight. I don't think it would have mattered. In fact, if there was an armed person shooting back, and more innocent lives were lost, there would have been fuel against gun ownership. Perhaps be happy in this case someone didn't try to shoot back, if you are pro gun.

I do get a bit weary of pro gun folks jumping all over anyone as soon as an event like this occurs. There is no reason to act like a rabid animal and attack everyone because someone went nuts and shot a bunch of people. Typically attacking others first in these threads. Give it a rest.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

I missed that 'will you visit me in prison' line. Wow.

A Fox News guy said that one of his guns jammed and also bodies were going to be removed soon. Also mentioned being eerie inside with phones ringing constantly but noone to answer them.

Thanks timetothink, I couldn't get the image to show up like that. His other one he just looks like somethings off.
edit on 20-7-2012 by ManiShuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dryson
People with the same name of the shooter attacked on Facebook

www.technolog.msnbc.msn.com...

Why are people with the same name of the shooter being attacked on Facebook? Very simple explanation.

If you have ever watched a movie called Seven or the Matrix series of movies you will understand their method. In both movies what is seen as an evil spirit both the demons and the System Agents move through the "spirit world" taking over new bodies thus replacing the persons soul and spirit with that of the evil spirit.

Those who are attacking like named individuals are part of a group who thinks that once the spirit of a person leaves or the evil that caused the person to do what they did has done the evil deed and then leaves the body would find a new home in a body of similar name. Such people believe that the evil spirit only inserts itself in a similar named body because of the easy access to the persons body.

The group also believes that by attacking those with like names may with their words or signs may in fact run the evil spirit or demon out of the body where the spirit or demon would not survive if it does not have a new body of similar name to infest.

Such people think of theirselves as ghostbusters or exorcists but are nothing more than severely delusional people looking to create a hysteria where another person might become crazed because of the event surrounding their name to the point of committing a similar act to prove their belief of evil or demonic spirits.

Then there are those who impersonate another person to try and make someone believe that the person that they are mimicking is talking through them which is just as delusional as the group in above discussion.

There are also those who try to project theirself as being someone popular who may resemble a famous person by dressing and talking like the popular person hoping to achieve fame and fortune as the person they are mimicking has.

When such people do not get their way they usually end up becoming raged lunatics and commit an atrocious act against people to vent their anger and to take retribution out on those who did see them for who the person wanted the people to see them as.
edit on 20-7-2012 by Dryson because: (no reason given)

LOL cmon man stop trying to lie to these people. This is disinformation. There are physical people real people that can push mentally to accomplish these results. The concept you may mean is when they push words through a simple person (someone with low brain power) s mouth as far as "inhabiting bodies". Its people based, and the strongest individuals have the strongest bonds with the ethreals/ancients/6, 8, 66/Isis, Ra, El/ETC

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by eyesdown
You say that guns don't kill peopl
People do but if this happened in the UK
This guy would never have even found the gun to do
It let alone the amo.

Are you kidding?... How old are you? i am asking seriously because it is a known FACT that in your country crimes, and even FIREARM/GUN crimes have INCREASED since the bans on weapons...

Culture of violence: Gun crime goes up by 89% in a decade

By James Slack
UPDATED:03:42 EST, 27 October 2009

Gun crime has almost doubled since Labour came to power as a culture of extreme gang violence has taken hold.

The latest Government figures show that the total number of firearm offences in England and Wales has increased from 5,209 in 1998/99 to 9,865 last year - a rise of 89 per cent.

In some parts of the country, the number of offences has increased more than five-fold.

In eighteen police areas, gun crime at least doubled.

The statistic will fuel fears that the police are struggling to contain gang-related violence, in which the carrying of a firearm has become increasingly common place.

Last week, police in London revealed they had begun carrying out armed patrols on some streets.

The move means officers armed with sub-machine guns are engaged in routine policing for the first time.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

The above is from 2009 but it shows exactly what has been happening in your country since the ban in firearms...

But even since then crimes with firearms KEEPS INCREASING in your country where firearms have been banned for decades...

Saturday, Jul 21 2012 3AM

Gun crime soars by 35%

The Government's latest crime figures were condemned as "truly terrible" by the Tories today as it emerged that gun crime in England and Wales soared by 35% last year.

Criminals used handguns in 46% more offences, Home Office statistics revealed.

Firearms were used in 9,974 recorded crimes in the 12 months to last April, up from 7,362.

It was the fourth consecutive year to see a rise and there were more than 2,200 more gun crimes last year than the previous peak in 1993.

Figures showed the number of crimes involving handguns had more than doubled since the post-Dunblane massacre ban on the weapons, from 2,636 in 1997-1998 to 5,871

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Not to mention that we have seen in your country things like this happening as well...

i still remember the man in the UK that used a rifle and was shooting people he knew as well as some others, and that wasn't that long ago...

Obviously you were ignorant of these fact...

edit on 20-7-2012 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 93  94  95    97  98  99 >>

join