It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass shooting in Aurora, CO (At Batman Film Premiere)

page: 91
<< 88  89  90    92  93  94 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Originally posted by mattdel
Booby traps are MSM way of saying "they're intentionally blowing up our fall guys apartment so no one can piece together that he had nothing to do with this(lead them off the trail of our paid merc)"

and what if those bottles contain chemicals?

If I've learned anything from this site, its to take everything you read with a grain of salt. I'm not denying your right to believe this story, but I for one don't accept a lick of it. I will not believe that there are "booby traps" in place that a trained bomb squad can't figure out, and I refuse to accept their existence until such time that it can be proven with video that they were put in place by a 24 year old neuroscience student. None of this adds up, just like other public attention garnering acts we've witnessed in the past 11 years. The sheeple keep falling for it, but I look for holes, and this story is RIDDLED with them. It brings gun control law into the straight-eyed focus of every single American for the next week. Guess what's due to be signed in 7 days? Yep. UN Small Arms Treaty.
edit on 20-7-2012 by mattdel because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by violet
UPDATE
CNN reporting they are going to detonate, blow up his apartment now. Using a robot, because it's so heavily booby trapped.

get the popcorn ready...

link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

Or perhaps you are paranoid. That's quite possible too.

link   

Originally posted by Hadrian
reply to post by SyphonX

I could be wrong, but I feel like I can assure you, if it's what you want, that the killer being a crazed psycho, while at this point being the most likely scenario, will definitely be the least explored in the future in this thread and on ATS. Are you new here?

Why are you so dead set on insulting everyone in this thread, and at the same time, ushering everyone to dismiss any claims beyond "he was crazy, end of discussion". In case you didn't realize, you're not engaging anyone you are just being a nuisance.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I don't understand why the movies would put cops in the theatres, according to many on this board an armed person would not have mattered.
Or does the badge do something magical?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

edit on 20-7-2012 by ZIPMATT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
omg i can't read 91 pages, could some one please open up an new thread with new updates

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Interesting comment just popped up at the bottom of a CNN event timeline:

Madeline Anne Love
Collapse
I went to the 12:15 am showing of Batman at Flatiorn crossing and we had police in our theater before our commercials even began. Thats a good half an hour before the event was said to occur. However, the news shows tweets from people who were actually I'm the theater around the time the cops showed up in our theater and they describe the attacks as being over. Yet the cops claim the first call was in around 12:45. The time line of this event makes no sense.

Link

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

I know, that broke my heart.

shooting a baby at point blank range, they need to let him loose naked in ADX, shut the doors for 30 minutes, and come back and report they didn't know what happened.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Sorry if I sound like a tool, but think of this as a low possibility.

From the oddity of the attack maybe it was planned to introduce tougher gun laws so less people are prepared when SHTF?

Just a thought. But may prayers are with those families in grief.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by AntoniusBlock

Originally posted by here4awhile
I love how every foreigner to the U.S. always has to state their opinion on forums like this about how typical it is for something like this to happen here in the U.S. as if it doesn't happen in their own country...

Something like this could never happen in Norway!

???? short memory?
(" At Least 80 Dead in Norway Shooting")
www.nytimes.com...
edit on 20-7-2012 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by mattdel

I will not believe that there are "booby traps" in place that a trained bomb squad can't figure out...

...but not want to mess with anyway. The whole of that building is not worth bomb disposal squad team member one. They will do like they do in IEDville overseas: "nudge" it with a small charge. Can't say I blame them.

My guess it will turn out to be windex or pool chemicals. Maybe a meth lab? Who knows...

His last measure of fame for his warped sense of attention getting.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by sam_inc
omg i can't read 91 pages, could some one please open up an new thread with new updates

No? But here are the cliffsnotes:

A sick bastard with 3 guns parked his car in the back of a theatre and bought a ticket. He sat on the front row. After the movie started (about 10 minutes) he exited through the emergency exit door and propped it open so he wouldn't be locked out. He got fully dressed in his little storm trooper battle gear and a gas mask and got his three guns. He came and tossed some canisters (police transmissions indicate it may have been pepper spray) and then opened fire.

He killed 12 people and wounded a total of 71 (great debate rages over whether they were all shot, or some were hurt in different ways - draw your own conclusions until such time the definitive answer comes to us).

Meanwhile, back at his apartment, it appears he had set his stereo to come on by timer at around 12:30 am (about an hour before he opened fire on the theater goers). It was playing very loud and on repeat. The lady in the apartment under him says this was not typical for him. It went on for a while and she got fed up so she went upstairs and started to turn the door knob and confront him. She says it "felt unlocked". She decided not to confront him and went and called the cops. They were busy working the shooting.

When he was arrested he informed the cops his apartment was booby-trapped. The cops are saying it is so complexly rigged that they have now decided to just detonate and blow up the works.

Stay tuned.
edit on 7-20-2012 by Valhall because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by Wookiep

I know, that broke my heart.

shooting a baby at point blank range, they need to let him loose naked in ADX, shut the doors for 30 minutes, and come back and report they didn't know what happened.

Fear not,
If this guy makes it to trial and does not get capital punishment, the general population in prison will set it straight.
Babies are off limits in all cultures.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk
reply to post by AntoniusBlock

This guy probably has no previous convictions though meaning he was not a criminal before these killings. It is just far too easy for ANYONE to purchase a gun in many parts of the US from my viewpoint.

A bomb would have been easier to get, in fact one can be procured from the grocery store.
A bomb may have been more deadly too.
Criminals, even felons can shop at the grocery store.

Have T(ouchy)S(tasi)A(gency) at grocery stores. Be assemilated into the collectivist Borg.
Resistant is futile.

Praise Mao!

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

So what your saying is that I suffer from too much Vitamin D?

Your idea of normal and a Palestinians idea of normal are 2 entirely different things....the opinion you put forth only seems to apply to the "Civilized Western nations" so its biased at best.

And again, I never said I fit the description of normal, perhaps I have been exposed to too much violence in my life. Too late to do anything about ole apathy now...honestly at this point in the game it's probably the only thing that will save my butt when someone decides to open fire in a supermarket for not having their coupons accepted.

Because I wont be cowering on the floor like a helpless shlob, thanks to apathy I'll be able to work on a way to destroy the threat. Think of my apathy as a survival mechanism.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Maybe this has been answered in this huge thread, but I have been working all day. I heard this morning the killer told the cops that his apartment was boobytrapped. If this guy wanted to kill many people why stop with the ones at the movies? Why not take out some cops too?

Why did he tip off the cops?

Don't get me wrong. I am glad he did. Just curious why.

anybody have any thoughts on the above?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by theirtruthlies0806

Originally posted by DrHammondStoat

Originally posted by DriCo04
So one of the victims, the girl that survived the shooting in Toronto tweeted this minutes before being murdered by the nut:

"“This empty, almost sickening feeling won’t go away,” she wrote. “I noticed this feeling when I was in the Eaton Center in Toronto just seconds before someone opened fire in the food court. An odd feeling which led me to go outside and unknowingly out of harm’s way. It’s hard for me to wrap my mind around how a weird feeling saved me from being in the middle of a deadly shooting.”

Read more: www.foxnews.com..."

Very odd.

Yes it's weird. As I wrote above, her brother seems strangely calm and is almost directing people in what to think about events!

She did not tweet this before she died. this was from a blog post she wrote just after the toronto incident. her last tweet was something about how the movie doesn't start for another 20 mins. Stop spreading false information.

don't assume he was spreading false information, the news is talking about her like crazy and her tweets, and they are reading this along with it, he may have misunderstood it.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Hadrian

Casey Anthony and OJ did.

I think he was trhing to shame people and hollywood for violence in movies. Trying to have someone blown up in his apartment, this is all a terrorist act (doesnt have to be religious or political motives) and something that would happen in the movies. the bad guy sets a trap and goes out to get others.

He stopped, let the police catch him, and then mentioned the booby trap in his apt, as well as bombs that haven't been confirmed yet.

something made him change his mind. It looks that he was planning to make this a much bigger event than it is.

If he portrayed the book with the angle of, if a terrorist wanted to get you, this is how...it just might work.

Besides, you dont' have to have a pubisher these days, anyone can post an E-book.

He had a nice car, he was in a Phd program. What made him stop his life to do this?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Maybe this has been answered in this huge thread, but I have been working all day. I heard this morning the killer told the cops that his apartment was boobytrapped. If this guy wanted to kill many people why stop with the ones at the movies? Why not take out some cops too?

Why did he tip off the cops?

Don't get me wrong. I am glad he did. Just curious why.

anybody have any thoughts on the above?

Like I said amongst one of these pages, ...
It is my guess, the booby trapped apartment would have been a distraction to get all of the cops somewhere else than the theatre, then he could do the deed and escape.
When his distraction did not pan out, he knew he was boned and decided to give up, escaping death.
He was a coward...err is a coward, soon to be was hopefully.

new topics

top topics

<< 88  89  90    92  93  94 >>

join