It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Jesus the only way to God?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by NihilistSanta
reply to post by jhill76

I guess I wished to know your intent because If you believed you would not question it. If you believe in Christ and his message of salvation then I would think you would want to bring others to that understanding but I dont think that will happen if you come in with conjecture. Why not stick with what works? If you are a Christian and I see you quote the bible so I am assuming you are then dont you think that the lords words are sufficient? Instead you imply that what the Lord says is not what he meant. Seems like you are trying to build an argument with a bad foundation.

When I was in school I watched other kids down another and my heart would hurt. I would feel what the downed kid felt like..... Kind of like I do now. * sigh*

In my opinion its not up to you to decide what anothers intent is. Telling somome if they believe then they must......?

Assuming Im Christian would be wrong too..... As Im a Seeker of Truth becuase I dont want to be labeled with a group.... I pick my label if any has to be applied for another to try and understand my pov.

Words that Jesus said can be interpreted many ways. Its what you on your personal journey deciphers unless you allow another to do it for you.

Within any religious or spiritual thread there are many who claim to know what Jesus was implying from verse to verse yet many will disagree. Why? Because we are all different on a personal journey with our own truth. I think Jesus would be proud that there are individuals seeking and loving him on their own, even if they got it wrong. The heart does not lie.

With the different ideas and thought processing there seems to be many ways to get in the heart of Jesus and it is He, in my opinion that has the authority to check the hearts intent.

The Op is thoughtful, respectful and has shown on ATS that their heart is filled with an intent of love... Thats what I see and have seen from said poster in the past. Its easier to pass judgement than it is to get in someones shoes and try to understand them....

jhill wants to hear opinions as an observer. Sometimes listening to others helps one learn.... Being quiet and listening is not a bad thing at all.
edit on 20-7-2012 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by stupid girl
reply to post by EnochWasRight

I always feel like I need to put on some Pink Floyd and light some incense when I read your posts.

I think I'll just go make some coffee and read this one again

Go to the link in my signature and read from the top down on each article. The pieces will fit together. If you are approaching this backward, without a fully reading of the Bible, then you may miss the finer points. I try to use scripture as much as possible, but fully reading the context around what I quote is also very important. If you have a good knowledge of scripture already, then you should put the overall picture together well. I can't say for sure. For me, the picture is complete.

1 Corinthians 13 says just what I said earlier about the image, only in fewer words.

12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

God sees both sides of the mirror when viewing us and Himself in the image. We are fully known, yet we can only see dimly. Why? We see from one side of the mirror only. The image is ours to use as a means to reach out to God and see what is unseen. God already sees. Compare the above verse to Acts 17.

Paul knew the deeper meaning because he witnessed dimensions firsthand. When he said that he know someone that had traveled to the heavens, he was referring to himself. 2 Corinthians 12:2 Read this verse, then read Acts 17

24 “The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by human hands. 25 And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything. Rather, he himself gives everyone life and breath and everything else. 26 From one man he made all the nations, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he marked out their appointed times in history and the boundaries of their lands. 27 God did this so that they would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from any one of us. 28 ‘For in him we live and move and have our being.’ As some of your own poets have said, ‘We are his offspring.’

The deeper we seek into the reflection, the less we can deny about divinity being in the image. Keep seeking and you will eventually see God face to face here in the image. It's our goal. Love is the refinement lens for our astigmatism.

edit on 20-7-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by stupid girl

I always feel like I need to put on some Pink Floyd and light some incense when I read your posts.

I think I'll just go make some coffee and read this one again

One more thing. The law of inverse squares states that the closer you are to a source, the smaller area is needed to focus an image. Consider a projector. If you move the screen twice the distance from the source, the image expands by the same factor. To keep focus, the screen must be an inverse square larger to continue seeing the whole image. To see God's image, you must move toward his image in proportion to your size of awareness. If you are far from the source, then you must have a large awareness to see him clearly. If awareness is small, then move closer.

How do you get close to God? You don't move. God is drawn to you when you are drawn to him. Virtue is the bridge between. Sin separates. Repentance and bearing fruit draws the image source to you.

Another way to look at this is to also realize that the light can blind you if you are too close. Back off and expand awareness by experience. Suffering causes awareness to expand. Eventually, it all becomes focused.

Confucius: I hear and I forget. I see and I learn. I do and I understand.

Suffer forward for reward or suffer as a result of taking reward--either way and reward is the result. You cannot suffer without reward following. It's a circle. Smoke and get cancer. This is because a reward is taken and not earned. The point is to suffer on purpose for the reward. Workout (suffer) in the gym and reverse the health lost. It's all in the direction we take toward truth in relation to the inverse of our distance from it.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

The portion you quoted from my post was directed at Jhill and not yourself. Also I feel his intent is very relevant to the discussion especially considering his contradictory statements regarding what he says and what he actually believes.

I dont pretend to understand the mind of the creator and I would never underestimate the power of his love, I have heard the term agape used before when describing this something I will look into further. However you are missing the point that God is infallible and so for whatever reason he has chose he is playing by a set of rules established by him which he can not or will not break because 1. he is Holy and 2. He can not be wrong. therefore your assumptions about his love saving you or anyone else despite the laws he himself has created and his word which state what the penalty of sin is and how to overcome it.

Also I mentioned 2nd Peter 1:20 earlier that the bible is not open to private interpretations. Again the message is not only clear but it is very very simple. People choose to ignore this though so that they can have their cake and eat it too. You want to say that your version of God allows you to do as you please without repercussion because God is a loving and merciful God. However I feel that this is almost like trying to take advantage of his love and mercy (not that you could take advantage of the lord even if you wanted to)

It is cherry picking, people only want to hear the things they agree with and refuse to believe what is plainly stated. I am not judging you for that is not my place but I do care about you and think that people should avoid their own conjectures and rely instead on the word of God.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
The Bible is not a Jesus buffet where you can come in and say "I think ill have a helping of mercy with a side of grace. Give me some extra salvation while you are at it. Go easy on the word. Oh and hold the judgement it doesn't agree with my stomach."

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76
reply to post by NihilistSanta

"The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent." —John 6:29

"He who rejects me rejects him who sent me."

—Luke 10:16

"If a man is thirsty, let him come to me and drink. Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him."

—John 7:37

"Whoever comes to me I will never drive away. For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me. And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall loose none of all that he has given me, but raise them up at the last day. For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life and I will raise him up at the last day."

—John 6:37-39

Does this state you must accept him as Savior or perish? I am asking, can you do good (like Jesus outlined in his speech), without worshiping Jesus, but worship or believe in Father and still gain access to heaven? None of those scriptures address what I have asked. If it did, this thread would not have gotten past the first page.

I think it does.

Are you looking for an exact quote?

Are these good enough?

John, chapter 8

23 And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.

24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

......"he" in verse 24 is referring to the Messiah that God already told them He would send.

What else did Jesus say from John, chapter 8?

28 Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.

So, once again, Jesus is telling them that they would know he was the Messiah when he was lifted up onto the cross.

What else?

41 Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God.

42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

Notice here that these people already claim God as their Father, but Jesus tells them that if God was their Father, than they would love him and not reject him.

No, I do not think it is enough to just know of Jesus, we must love him too as well as "keeping his words". Part of keeping his words was believing what he taught. What he taught was that he was the Messiah who was sent to wipe away all sin.

edit on 20-7-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Thanks for caring... I guess according to you I will be in eternal hell while you eat golden bread in Heaven looking down upon me saying I told you so....

Do you know the Bibles history?

Do you know how all this literature was passed down to become the Bible?

Do you know who All wrote and chose its content?

Do you know your own hearts intent on saving others while you yourself are above the ones who do not believe as you?

Cherry picking goes on by not you... Just others?

Glad you are saved brother, maybe one day I will become as good as you.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

The Bible is not a Jesus buffet where you can come in and say "I think ill have a helping of mercy with a side of grace. Give me some extra salvation while you are at it. Go easy on the word. Oh and hold the judgement it doesn't agree with my stomach."

Jesus serves us by the suffering he did and will continue to do so until the three days of Jonah are completed (and beyond, I am sure). You are correct in the fact that we are not serving ourselves and should not serve ourselves. We must suffer forward, just as Christ suffered for us. Suffering brings reward for everyone. Taking reward leads to suffering. You mentioned agape love.

When Jesus asked Peter three times if he loved him, each time Jesus replied to Peter, "Feed my sheep." Why?

Here is what we miss by not seeing the linguistics. Agape is divine love based on sacrifice. Phileo love is friendly love, like family.

John 21

15 When they had finished eating, Jesus said to Simon Peter,“Simon son of John, do you love (Agape/Divine Love) me more than these?”

“Yes, Lord,” he said, “you know that I love (Phileo/Friendly love) you.”
Jesus said, “Feed my lambs.”

16 Again Jesus said, “Simon son of John, do you love (Agape) me?”
He answered, “Yes, Lord, you know that I love (Phileo) you.”

Jesus said, “Take care of my sheep.”

17 The third time he said to him, “Simon son of John, do you love (PHILEO) me?”

Peter was hurt because Jesus asked him the third time, “Do you love (PHILEO) me?”

He said, “Lord, you know all things; you know that I love (PHILEO) you.”

Jesus said, “Feed my sheep.

This is a picture of us all.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

Thanks for caring... I guess according to you I will be in eternal hell while you eat golden bread in Heaven looking down upon me saying I told you so....

Do you know your own hearts intent on saving others while you yourself are above the ones who do not believe as you?

None of us are saved yet.

Hebrews 9

27 Just as people are destined to die once, and after that to face judgment, 28 so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.

We must be born again. We are judged at death and then we are born again. We are either born into the spirit or born into the water (John 3). Until we find salvation, we are not redeemed from the water. Sacrifice must still be made. We are in the water now, therefore we are not saved until we are judged at the final judgment. A final judgment implies judgments before. When does salvation come? To answer this, answer by the verse above. Not until Christ appears a second time to show us the way to salvation. An additional day (Day of the Lord) is necessary. This is why John 2:23-25 states the following:

23 Now while he was in Jerusalem at the Passover Festival, many people saw the signs he was performing and believed in his name. 24 But Jesus would not entrust himself to them, for he knew all people. 25 He did not need any testimony about mankind, for he knew what was in each person.

Jesus will not entrust Himself to us until we know Him (and ourselves) as fully as he knows us. This cannot happen while faith is not fact. Faith will become fact at his appearing, when we no longer see dimly, as in a mirror. We must see face to face. While we are INSIDE God's image, we cannot see beyond the veil. We are given this by Jesus at the appropriate time. When? Answer by the timeline. What we receive is always at the end of the age.

Epistle of Barnabas 15:4

Give heed, children, what this meaneth; He ended in six days. He meaneth this, that in six thousand years the Lord shall bring all things to an end; for the day with Him signifyeth a thousand years; and this He himself beareth me witness, saying; Behold, the day of the Lord shall be as a thousand years. Therefore, children, in six days, that is in six thousand years, everything shall come to an end."

To see this clearly, let’s put the information into context with the entire story of the Bible:

-Adam to Abraham 2000 Years of Age 1 (FATHER)
-Abraham to Jesus 2000 Years of Age 2 (SON)
-Jesus to Today 2000 Years of Age 3 (HOLY SPIRIT)
-Day of Rest (Day of the Lord) 1000 years (SALVATION)

Salvation comes when Satan is thrown into the Abyss with Gog and Magog. Revelation 20 says this happens at the end of the last day, the day of the Lord (1000 year reign of Christ). Until then, we must be baptized into the Holy Spirit of God. 1000 years is necessary.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

I care because I love the lord and it is the only way I know to show my appreciation to him for all he has blessed me with. I do not assume that the lord will look unfavorably on you or that my actions he is pleased with so please don't make assumptions about what I will be doing in the afterlife. I make no assertions about your final destination I am only going by what the lord has told us (all of us, which is freely available more so than any other source of knowledge on the planet btw)

As to the history of the Bible I am well aware of it however are you aware that if god intends for his word to remain in tact that he can do so?

As to my intent I stated why I care above. I do not look down on you in any way. If you could only know the multitude of sins I have performed in my life you would see that I am in no position to judge others. I can save no one although I am flattered you think so. You are probably better than I but I am not striving to be better than anyone. The lord has humbled me greatly and I wish only to pass on the gifts that he has given to me to others not because I want brownie points but because I am thankful.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Thank you for expounding upon Agape for me EnochWasRight.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

I care because I love the lord and it is the only way I know to show my appreciation to him for all he has blessed me with. I do not assume that the lord will look unfavorably on you or that my actions he is pleased with so please don't make assumptions about what I will be doing in the afterlife. I make no assertions about your final destination I am only going by what the lord has told us (all of us, which is freely available more so than any other source of knowledge on the planet btw)

As to the history of the Bible I am well aware of it however are you aware that if god intends for his word to remain in tact that he can do so?

As to my intent I stated why I care above. I do not look down on you in any way. If you could only know the multitude of sins I have performed in my life you would see that I am in no position to judge others. I can save no one although I am flattered you think so. You are probably better than I but I am not striving to be better than anyone. The lord has humbled me greatly and I wish only to pass on the gifts that he has given to me to others not because I want brownie points but because I am thankful.

If you examine my post above, we are all in this state of darkness together. We are all blind men describing fire. Seeing the overall picture, as I have shown above, allows us to see that we will be born again if we are in the water of baptism. We are in that water together. 7,000,000 + souls are here to see the Lord return again. Elijah has prepared the way by turning the water back on (1 Kings 17). Revelation 1:7 can now be fulfilled as the fullness of the Gentiles comes in.

Revelation 1:7

New International Version (NIV)

7 “Look, he is coming with the clouds,”[a]
and “every eye will see him,
even those who pierced him”;
and all peoples on earth “will mourn because of him.”
So shall it be! Amen.

Apart from seeing that being born again is literal, we cannot know how those who pierced Christ will be here to see him rise again.

Consider what Paul was accused of by the Sadducees.

Acts 24

I believe everything that is in accordance with the Law and that is written in the Prophets, 15 and I have the same hope in God as these men themselves have, that there will be a resurrection of both the righteous and the wicked. 16 So I strive always to keep my conscience clear before God and man.

He knew that the righteous and the UNRIGHTEOUS would be raised on the last day. Daniel stated this as well.

Isaiah then tells us what happens. We are killed for our witness, then come back form the dust when the enemy is made the footstool.

Isaiah 26

19 But your dead will live, Lord;
their bodies will rise—
let those who dwell in the dust
wake up and shout for joy—
your dew is like the dew of the morning;
the earth will give birth to her dead.
20 Go, my people, enter your rooms
and shut the doors behind you;
hide yourselves for a little while
until his wrath has passed by.
21 See, the Lord is coming out of his dwelling
to punish the people of the earth for their sins.
The earth will disclose the blood shed on it;
the earth will conceal its slain no longer.

Regardless of what the NWO will do to us, have faith. Matthew 3 outlines how the "Experts" in the law will not escape the fire. We will. Water puts out fire.

Matthew 3

7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming to where he was baptizing, he said to them: “You brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the coming wrath? 8 Produce fruit in keeping with repentance. 9 And do not think you can say to yourselves, ‘We have Abraham as our father.’ I tell you that out of these stones God can raise up children for Abraham. 10 The ax is already at the root of the trees, and every tree that does not produce good fruit will be cut down and thrown into the fire.

11 “I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me comes one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire. 12 His winnowing fork is in his hand, and he will clear his threshing floor, gathering his wheat into the barn and burning up the chaff with unquenchable fire.”

If we love Christ and bear fruit, we are not made for the fire. The moneychangers, high priests and builders (Masons) are reserved for this baptism. These are the "Experts" that manipulate law for personal gain. Magic and ritual theurgy is this practice of paganism and occult manipulation of law against law for gain.

"Woe to you experts in the law, because you have taken away the key to knowledge. You yourselves have not entered, and you have hindered those who were entering." (Luke 11:52)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

" Saved" is not a word I throw around to people as I have no authority to judge another and say if they are or not saved as in the Christian Doctrine context. I for one dont think anyone has the right to say whether or not one is saved and one isnt. The Religious people do enough judging for all of us and that saddens me. For that reason I chose to reply as if Im not good enough because others enjoy putting them self on a pedestal, look down at the other, and say to them they should do this and that ( like them) so they will be " saved". Its just not right.

We are to come here ( Earth), be reborn in water ( mothers womb) and try to Not miss the mark that has been laid out before us. But..... We all fall short and this is what I would consider " sin". Before being reborn we have a goal and whilst here we cannot remember said goal and so we fall short. We will be reborn until we reach our goal. All of this is ... My opinion.

Because of Jesus coming to Earth and setting the record straight with Truth, we are to remember our goal is to follow him and let his light shine through us so the ultimate goal of Heaven on Earth can be had. When this is done we are at that time displaying Gods love to another because at that time we are not falling short. The goal is on its way for achievement. If everyone on Earth was nice and had an intent of love with each word and action ( or at least TRIED) we would have Heaven on Earth right now. However people do not have a loving intent toward another and it comes out big time when you are in threads that discuss opinions and not facts. Each person believes there isnt another way.... Only theirs.

When we do unlawful acts we are going against what Jesus taught. Unlawful act can be applied to anything per observer but judging another is clearly forbidden.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Do you not reads my words? Do you think I do not love the Lord? Lol

I have not been on here judging everyone and their hearts intent.... I dont have tnat right.

Each and every one of us is separate. We will undoubtedly have a difference in opinion as well.

The ones who interpreted the Word also have diffefence in opinion.

Gods word has been tampered with my friend because control, greed, and the like rule this Planet. Look around at the world today. Its insanely chaotic!

This is why we are to seek in private and discern what it was Jesus meant. Translating the Word was not an easy task and the ones who seek the actual true word will discern even more with that knowledge.... Or so I think. Im sure Gods language is not English.... Its just not black and white for me.

I dont think you are above me either, its just the impression you give off in this thread. I was being sarcastic so you could see how it was making me feel. I was hoping your next reply would show more humility, and it did. Everyone needs that humility given, because we are all in this together, looking for answers.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

" Saved" is not a word I throw around to people as I have no authority to judge another and say if they are or not saved as in the Christian Doctrine context. I for one dont think anyone has the right to say whether or not one is saved and one isnt. The Religious people do enough judging for all of us and that saddens me. For that reason I chose to reply as if Im not good enough because others enjoy putting them self on a pedestal, look down at the other, and say to them they should do this and that ( like them) so they will be " saved". Its just not right.

We are to come here ( Earth), be reborn in water ( mothers womb) and try to Not miss the mark that has been laid out before us. But..... We all fall short and this is what I would consider " sin". Before being reborn we have a goal and whilst here we cannot remember said goal and so we fall short. We will be reborn until we reach our goal. All of this is ... My opinion.

Because of Jesus coming to Earth and setting the record straight with Truth, we are to remember our goal is to follow him and let his light shine through us so the ultimate goal of Heaven on Earth can be had. When this is done we are at that time displaying Gods love to another because at that time we are not falling short. The goal is on its way for achievement. If everyone on Earth was nice and had an intent of love with each word and action ( or at least TRIED) we would have Heaven on Earth right now. However people do not have a loving intent toward another and it comes out big time when you are in threads that discuss opinions and not facts. Each person believes there isnt another way.... Only theirs.

When we do unlawful acts we are going against what Jesus taught. Unlawful act can be applied to anything per observer but judging another is clearly forbidden.

Well actually unlawful acts implies there is a law to be followed. It does not change per observer. It is a standard that all are held accountable too. Praise God that Jesus came and took on this burden for us.
edit on 20-7-2012 by NihilistSanta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Do you not reads my words? Do you think I do not love the Lord? Lol

I have not been on here judging everyone and their hearts intent.... I dont have tnat right.

Each and every one of us is separate. We will undoubtedly have a difference in opinion as well.

The ones who interpreted the Word also have diffefence in opinion.

Gods word has been tampered with my friend because control, greed, and the like rule this Planet. Look around at the world today. Its insanely chaotic!

This is why we are to seek in private and discern what it was Jesus meant. Translating the Word was not an easy task and the ones who seek the actual true word will discern even more with that knowledge.... Or so I think. Im sure Gods language is not English.... Its just not black and white for me.

I dont think you are above me either, its just the impression you give off in this thread. I was being sarcastic so you could see how it was making me feel. I was hoping your next reply would show more humility, and it did. Everyone needs that humility given, because we are all in this together, looking for answers.

I am not questioning your love for the lord nor am I judging you but you are making unbiblical assumptions and as you have stated your belief is that the word of god has been tampered with. However I contend that if the lord wishes for us to have the word then surely he can keep it in tact and therefore your fear of following the word should be alleviated.

Judgement is being confused here with rebuke. I will never judge you but I will scrutinize what you say and use the word to discern whether it is truthful or not.

"Poverty and shame shall be to him that refuseth instruction: but he that regardeth reproof shall be honored." Prov. 13:18

"Open rebuke is better than secret love. Faithful are the wounds of a friend;" Prov. 27:5-6

edit on 20-7-2012 by NihilistSanta because: Added the bit about Rebuking

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

It's people like you that give Christianity such a sour taste in some. The arrogance gushes out of every letter you post. Jesus Christ came here as a messenger of God. As the son of God, not AS God. It's in the Bible. It's the story of his life. Don't read scripture alone, read the book. Read it as if you were right behind him, following him in the streets to hear him speak.

God doesn't NEED any of us to do anything. If he did, he would not have given us free will. He wants us to love him. He wants us to love him because we WANT to, not because we are afraid of going to hell or afraid of being punished.

There is no man on earth that can condemn another man's beliefs because we don't know. We have faith, but we don't KNOW.

Jesus told us to love God and love each other. Man has changed his words over time to suit their selfish needs. Organized religion has perverted God's word to rake money in and build bigger churches,and have bigger congregations than the next town over. That is not what God wants, that is what MAN wants.

Just to publicly contradict your views, any person who tries to be a good person, and lives to love God has just as much chance to go to heaven as you. How do I know that? I don't, I just have faith.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Again, unlawful in my interpretaion is the same as missing the mark.

Speaking of laws..... Which laws are you referring to? The laws handed down through Moses, The Ten commandments? Laws for the people of Israel? There were laws written in regards to God before the writings of Exodus if im not mistaken.

Where is love not in the Bible?

You are saying Im not speaking biblically.... But I am. Again, I care for you also so I am trying to show you that I love you and respect you even though I am not given the same in return. I respect where you have been and where you are going in regards to finding Truth. Jesus is the Truth for me and I feel as though there are many ways to find him, not just in the Bible.

The history of the Bible is very important to me as I think it should with anyone when following any teaching. First, understand where it came from in the time it was written. Who wrote it and how did they decide for all of us what should be contained and what should be burned. Why did anyone feel the need to burn texts? Control... Control the populace with fear is my answer.

Here is just some of what I think Im trying to say to you, maybe you will understand it better when using scripture, for you think Im cherry picking to fit my heart... But God leads me from my heart and this I know.

Romans 13:8-10
8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.

9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

I choose to live by the law of love, whereas everything else falls into place when having an intent of love on my heart with what I say and do. Even my thoughts... I try hard to control with an intent of love.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

I'll offer my opinion as a response after looking at a few scriptures.

Hebrews 9:24-28

24 For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us:

25 Nor yet that he should offer himself often, as the high priest entereth into the holy place every year with blood of others;

26 For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.

27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

It is my opinion that these verses make it very clear that Jesus lived just like every other man did. To live once and die once in the flesh.

Except is was never Jesus' goal to create heaven on THIS earth. It was to bring us eternal life on the new heaven/earth, the New Jerusalem.

John 3:6

6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

We are reborn when our flesh dies and our spirit moves on to heaven/earth, the New Jerusalem.

MamaJ, here's what I want people to think about. God gave scripture for a reason. He wanted us to know his message. To think that God's message has been corrupted so that we don't have truth to live by is one of Satan's greatest lies. To think that God would allow "The Word" to be corrupted by Satan, when it says that God was the Word and Jesus was the Word in the flesh, would mean that Satan was capable of corrupting God himself. I just don't believe that to be the case.

If you love Jesus, which I very much believe you do, take his words into your heart, because the Bible is the only place that offers those words.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I think you need a re-fill of your meds. Maybe a different dosage, or new meds all together.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join