It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Jesus the only way to God?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by stupid girl

Originally posted by jhill76
reply to post by stupid girl

the answer is an infinite loop of perception.

Yes, it is. Thank you for your answer. I think if others saw it like you saw it (my question), they would understand what I am getting at.

edit on 20-7-2012 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

Do I get a gold star now?

No, now we get to take you above to see heaven!

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by stupid girl

reply to post by stupid girl

the answer is an infinite loop of perception.

Yes, it is. Thank you for your answer. I think if others saw it like you saw it (my question), they would understand what I am getting at.

Do I get a gold star now?

No, now we get to take you above to see heaven!

Woo hoo, Yeah!!
Okay, but I'd really like to at least get my hair washed first.....and maybe shave my pits too, if there's time

edit on 20-7-2012 by stupid girl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Now, we get to the substance of the conversation.

So, others may follow this. Some, say Messiah is the Word made Flesh, not being a savior. So, can you explain why you equate messiah with Savior?

Mes·si·ah (m-s)
n.
1. also Mes·si·as (m-ss) The anticipated savior of the Jews.
2. also Messias Christianity Jesus.
3. messiah One who is anticipated as, regarded as, or professes to be a savior or liberator.

www.thefreedictionary.com...

Luke 4:18

18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

Galatians 5:1

5 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

Galatians 5:13

13 For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.

Galatians 5:18

18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

And what does the Bible tell us is the FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT?

Galatians 5:22

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

So, we see these are signs of the fruit of the Spirit, but that includes FAITH.

FAITH THAT GOD SENT HIS SON, JESUS, TO LIBERATE US. THE MESSIAH!

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoolerAbdullah786
reply to post by jhill76

Not to stir the pot and draw out the usual anti-Islam suspects (though I have a feeling it will happen), but to answer your question from an Islamic standpoint: Most Muslims believe that if Jesus really did make this statement (we question the authenticity of the Bible) then it should be taken in the historical context. He was speaking to the Jews and he specifically said many times "I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel."

So it seems he was sent to preach to the children of Israel, not the whole world. He was sent to reform the way that Jews were worshipping the One God, to correct their corruptions. Muhammad was sent to spread the message to the whole world.

Now this I can answer as a lot of subjects are over my head. And I don't mind your faith, I can't believe how polite everyone is. I do have a quote from Mark 16:15 He(Jesus) said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation."

The good news is that through the blood of Christ we are redeemed. The spilling of the perfect blood, a reaction to the use of blood for occult reasons from animals and victims, is a covering over vast sin. Often, Christians forget that the blood is what does it. This is the heart of the gospel in fact...the blood sacrifice of who we see as God himself. This sacrifice is considered by us the once and for all need completed by G--. Other quotes from the bible exist about this same matter to go out into the world...and preach the good news. Hope you don't see this as hostility I don't feel that way at all.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Can you quote where Jesus said this, so others may see?

We have:

John 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

John 6:40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 6:47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.

John 11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

One can say believe in his words, but where does it say confess him as Savior? Yes, he is Savior by what he did. I am interested in the requirement of doing this to gain access to heaven.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

To separate Jesus' message from the rest of the herd, he did in fact declare himself as our liberator (Messiah) in these verses.

John 8:31-36

31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;

32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

33 They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?

34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.

35 And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever.

36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Yes, we all know what he did. But, where is the requirement to confess that he is savior to get into heaven.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Yes, we all know what he did. But, where is the requirement to confess that he is savior to get into heaven.

Romans 10:9-10

9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

John 8:31-36

31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;

32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

33 They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?

34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.

35 And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever.

That's beautiful!

Free!

Among other things that's the freedom to be our true and authentic selves as we really are, without the motivation to sin which is always a form of self or other hatred at some level. Set free for the sake of freedom to freely love as we are loved!

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Romans 10:9-10

9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

No, that's words of another. I am asking where did Jesus state this?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Matthew 10:32-33

32 Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.

33 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Which brings me to another point about whether "loving your neighbor as yourself" is really enough...

Matthew 10:37

37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

We must also love Jesus above all others.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Matthew 10:32-33

32 Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.

33 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

This comes close, but he is talking about confessing as in walking the walk, still not confessing him as Savior to gain access to heaven.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Many are taught that accepting Jesus Christ and accepting him into your life, you will be saved from hell. But, did Brother make this claim? The closest we can come to this is:

John 14:6

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Could Jesus have meant, imitate me, be like me, and you can enter heaven? Do you really think people who lived their lives like Brother, but don't accept him as Savior will be sent to eternal damnation?

You have other scriptures that talk about accepting Christ, but did Brother specifically say to do this or perish? Is it possible with having a direct relationship with God, or choosing your own way to God, but being good?
edit on 19-7-2012 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

I am a follower of the teachings of Jesus as presented in the Urantia Book. In the Life and Teachings of Jesus laid out in its pages he does say the above quote that no one comes to the Father except through me. But let me explain the expanded view of what that means as described in the Urantia Book (www.urantia.org...).

The UB teaches that the domains of Time and Space are managed by God's creator Sons. Beings created by God the Father and the Eternal Son and bestowed with creator powers. Each of these Sons are trying to duplicate in Time what God the Father did in Eternity. That is to have a perfect creation. It takes time though. Think of it as a large corporation, like Starbucks, the founder of Starbucks does not personally run all the individual stores. But these stores have certain prerequisites that are in place, like logos, menus and so on. The same is true for these creator sons. God created time and space and energy and so on, and these creator sons are endowed with the powers to organize and mobilize these energies into matter and utimately planets and life forms.

The "heaven" most people invision would be the after life in our corner of the universe and you don't have to be a follower of Jesus to attain that. But to progress beyond to the greater parts of the universe and ultimately the eternal home of God you do literally have to "come through" Jesus. That is you have to have progressed spiritually enough, or qualify to move on to higher levels. Similar to a video game where you have to beat level 1 before you get to level 2 the same concept applies. You have to grow and develop to a certain level as a person, both mentally and spiritually before you can progress. Think of Jesus as a gate keeper of sorts

I hope that helps. Peace

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

This comes close, but he is talking about confessing as in walking the walk, still not confessing him as Savior to gain access to heaven.

Matthew 3:2 (No?)

2 And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Luke 13:3 (No?)

3 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

Luke 13:5 (No?)

5 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

Revelation 3:19-21 (Yes/No?)

19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

I'm still digging.....

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by UB2120

I am a follower of the teachings of Jesus as presented in the Urantia Book. In the Life and Teachings of Jesus laid out in its pages he does say the above quote that no one comes to the Father except through me. But let me explain the expanded view of what that means as described in the Urantia Book (www.urantia.org...).

I'm not interested in how the Urantia Book describes it.

I only want to know Jesus' quotes that are in it.

What quotes from Jesus do you have there? Care to share any others?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

No, that talks about changing ways, but not confessing him as savior as a requirement. I appreciate you looking, but this has been taught by others and not Jesus himself. If I am wrong, I will gladly admit it.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

reply to post by visualmiscreant

There is the living by the law; which has pretty much been described as impossible.

This is what others will tell you is impossible, but it is not. Father said there was none righteous no not no one. Man can overcome, he just chooses not to. If man did, Brother wouldn't have had to come down.

This is the post I was referring to when I asked if it was a conscious choice on the following page. I should have quoted it, especially in such an active thread. My apologies...

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by UB2120

I found this quote inside your Urantia Book link:

The Urantia Book, first published by Urantia Foundation in 1955, claims to have been presented by celestial beings as a revelation to our planet, Urantia.

We already know you can't trust every celestial being.

Have these particular celestial beings been tested by the receivers?

What tests were they put through?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

No, that talks about changing ways, but not confessing him as savior as a requirement. I appreciate you looking, but this has been taught by others and not Jesus himself. If I am wrong, I will gladly admit it.

Well, this we know for sure.

John 10:9

9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

So, JHill76, go ask Father what Jesus meant when he said, "by me IF any man enter in" and get back to me on that, would you please? Thanks!

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join