It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Jesus the only way to God?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Perhaps because you are obfuscating your intent with contradictory statements or without logic. Like the statement that some above were sent here to learn as well? I cant argue if you received some kind of secret God decoder ring that only you are privy too but perhaps the burden is on you to show your intent?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by NihilistSanta

Perhaps because you are obfuscating your intent with contradictory statements or without logic.

Why does one feel they need to know my intent to respond to the question posed?

Like the statement that some above were sent here to learn as well? I cant argue if you received some kind of secret God decoder ring that only you are privy too but perhaps the burden is on you to show your intent?

This made me smile. When one has information others do not, they always seem to ridicule that person for some odd reason.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by NihilistSanta
reply to post by Akragon

Care to point out those needs or desires?

Exodus 20:5
Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

Exodus 34:14
For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:

Deuteronomy 4:24
For the LORD thy God is a consuming fire, even a jealous God.

Joshua 24:19
And Joshua said unto the people, Ye cannot serve the LORD: for he is an holy God; he is a jealous God; he will not forgive your transgressions nor your sins.

This God needs worship... and gets pissed off if you don't worship it.

edit on 20-7-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76

Well you did not include those reasons because no one knows.

I did not include them, because I have parameters in which I must abide by. Everyone seems to give my intent for me.

You are correct Jhill...the gift is also a curse...
Others will determine Your intent as they percieve...

Akushla x
edit on 20-7-2012 by akushla99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by akushla99

It would be ideal if they could just ask and quote why did I say this, than draw assumptions or conclusions of their own. I have a reason for which I do everything.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   

reply to post by akushla99

It would be ideal if they could just ask and quote why did I say this, than draw assumptions or conclusions of their own. I have a reason for which I do everything.

Strength, heart, thoughts are with You...

Akushla x

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Perhaps because you are obfuscating your intent with contradictory statements or without logic.

Like the statement that some above were sent here to learn as well? I cant argue if you received some kind of secret God decoder ring that only you are privy too but perhaps the burden is on you to show your intent?

This made me smile. When one has information others do not, they always seem to ridicule that person for some odd reason.

Ok this is becoming ridiculous I will just say that if you have to wonder why people question your intent then perhaps you should go back and reread your contradictory statements.

And I am sorry if you feel ridiculed. Many people have claimed that God told them to do things but the bible tells us to judge a tree by its fruits and your fruit smells rotten. Are you sure this knowledge you claim to possess came from God? The lord does not operate in darkness.

I am no expert but you seem to suffer from a pariah complex brought on by your delusions of grandeur. I will pray for you.

God Bless.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I know most Christians will disagree with me, but when we read the word 'me' in that passage we automatically think of me - the body, mind and ego. But when you think of Jesus, what was he? He was infinite consciousness, love, wisdom. So when Jesus says "nobody can come unto the Father but by me" he is saying "but through the infinite consciousness and eternal principles I represent."

In my mind this is the most misunderstood passage in the bible and it leads to so many arguments and divisions. Is that what he would of wanted? Would he want every single being in the entire infinite cosmos to go to hell, except for his little flock? It's been completely misconstrued, and it conveniently serves as a high horse for egotistically inclined Christians to ride on.

Most Christians think Hindus and Moslems are going to hell, and in the main, Hindus and Moslems think Christians are going to hell. People often think their path is the only way back to God, it really is ridiculous. Can you imagine the billions of other civilizations out there thinking the same thing?

I bet Jesus looks back at that passage and thinks 'oops'.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Ok this is becoming ridiculous I will just say that if you have to wonder why people question your intent then perhaps you should go back and reread your contradictory statements.

Others have stated this before, but can you do a post by post quote on myself, and I will answer each for you. They seem contradictory, because I do not include all of the information that is needed, and you are drawing your own conclusions based upon my limited reply.

And I am sorry if you feel ridiculed.

I hold no emotion to the matter. Simply stating what is known to be true.

Many people have claimed that God told them to do things but the bible tells us to judge a tree by its fruits and your fruit smells rotten. Are you sure this knowledge you claim to possess came from God? The lord does not operate in darkness.

Did I state Father has told me to come onto these boards and post questions? My fruit smells rotten because I am asking questions of others on here? I see.
edit on 20-7-2012 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

So your message to the World is :- It's no good being good because you will still go to hell... is it people like you and the bible that creates evil.?

Your telling people to do what they want and pray..... Jesus did not say that did he.???

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Others have stated this before, but can you do a post by post quote on myself, and I will answer each for you. They seem contradictory, because I do not include all of the information that is needed, and you are drawing your own conclusions based upon my limited reply.

And I am sorry if you feel ridiculed.

I hold no emotion to the matter. Simply stating what is known to be true.

Many people have claimed that God told them to do things but the bible tells us to judge a tree by its fruits and your fruit smells rotten. Are you sure this knowledge you claim to possess came from God? The lord does not operate in darkness.

Did I state Father has told me to come onto these boards and post questions? My fruit smells rotten because I am asking questions of others on here? I see.

Ok I will bite only because I dont like conflict with anyone much less a fellow believer. As to your contradictions you already stated in a previous post about suffering that your statement appears contradictory because of "parameters" you have not given. Which leaves the reader back at square one as far as contradiction goes.

Your fruit smells funny because you are being vague and evasive about your intent, omission is a factor in dishonesty. Perhaps no one has asked so I will. What is your intent? If it is merely as I stated earlier to stir the pot a little and get people thinking that is fine and good but groups of Jewish scholars went down the road of conjecture and that is partially how we ended up with things like the Zohar which while interesting is not foundational to salvation and may well be heretical and thus contradictory to salvation.

About the ridicule you are not stating what is known to be true because your statement was a generalization.

I did not intend for there to be any animosity so I apologize if it comes off that way but I can only go by what you say which is difficult if you dont mean what you say or say what you mean. Peace be with you brother.
edit on 20-7-2012 by NihilistSanta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   

And I am sorry if you feel ridiculed. Many people have claimed that God told them to do things but the bible tells us to judge a tree by its fruits and your fruit smells rotten. Are you sure this knowledge you claim to possess came from God? The lord does not operate in darkness.

I am no expert but you seem to suffer from a pariah complex brought on by your delusions of grandeur. I will pray for you.

God Bless.

Random posts on random forums...anyone can question whatever they like...an interpretation of intent is not the intent...

'delusions of granduer. I will pray for You'...really?

Akushla x

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   

As to your contradictions you already stated in a previous post about suffering that your statement appears contradictory because of "parameters" you have not given. Which leaves the reader back at square one as far as contradiction goes.

I am simply stating, I gave one answer, that is not all of the answers. I don't see how this is contradictory?

Your fruit smells funny because you are being vague and evasive about your intent, omission is a factor in dishonesty.

That is all perception. I have stated my intent clearly many times. I am asking questions to gauge others responses. I may learn something, you may learn something, or another may learn something, not by what I post. But others responses. Many have questions about these things, but are too afraid to ask it to other believers, because many believers will shoot you down for asking questions.

If it is merely as I stated earlier to stir the pot a little and get people thinking that is fine and good but groups of Jewish scholars went down the road of conjecture and that is partially how we ended up with things like the Zohar which while interesting is not foundational to salvation and may well be heretical and thus contradictory to salvation.

I am not those Jewish scholars. This is simply discussion.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

I guess I wished to know your intent because If you believed you would not question it. If you believe in Christ and his message of salvation then I would think you would want to bring others to that understanding but I dont think that will happen if you come in with conjecture. Why not stick with what works? If you are a Christian and I see you quote the bible so I am assuming you are then dont you think that the lords words are sufficient? Instead you imply that what the Lord says is not what he meant. Seems like you are trying to build an argument with a bad foundation.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Instead you imply that what the Lord says is not what he meant.

I didn't state this, this is implied like you said, but implied not by me, but by the receiver.

If you are a Christian and I see you quote the bible so I am assuming you are then dont you think that the lords words are sufficient?

No, I do not hold to classifications of views on Father by man.

If you believe in Christ and his message of salvation then I would think you would want to bring others to that understanding but I dont think that will happen if you come in with conjecture.

This is not my task.

I guess I wished to know your intent because If you believed you would not question it.

I do not question what I know to be true, I have done this before and was taken from here, only brought back because I "understood". I ask questions for others who have raised these questions but are too afraid to ask. Others have stated they have liked the discussion from others thus far. Why can one not create the environment for discussion without having ill intent?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

reply to post by Akragon

Care to point out those needs or desires?

Exodus 20:5
Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

Exodus 34:14
For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:

Deuteronomy 4:24
For the LORD thy God is a consuming fire, even a jealous God.

Joshua 24:19
And Joshua said unto the people, Ye cannot serve the LORD: for he is an holy God; he is a jealous God; he will not forgive your transgressions nor your sins.

This God needs worship... and gets pissed off if you don't worship it.

edit on 20-7-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

There is a difference in need and command. Those commands are for our benefit. He does not need our worship but he and only he deserves it. He created the rules and apparently it is for our salvation. His jealousy is not like your jealousy his is righteous where as yours or mine would be petty.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Many are taught that accepting Jesus Christ and accepting him into your life, you will be saved from hell. But, did Brother make this claim? The closest we can come to this is:

John 14:6

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Could Jesus have meant, imitate me, be like me, and you can enter heaven? Do you really think people who lived their lives like Brother, but don't accept him as Savior will be sent to eternal damnation?

You have other scriptures that talk about accepting Christ, but did Brother specifically say to do this or perish? Is it possible with having a direct relationship with God, or choosing your own way to God, but being good?
edit on 19-7-2012 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

Yes you are correct nowhere in your OP did you at all try to derive meaning that is not there from the words of the lord

And yes you do hold classifications of views of the father by man because *gasp* you are a man!

Also 2 peter 1:20 is pretty relevant to the conversation. That is if you are a christian and believe in the bible.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Yes you are correct nowhere in your OP did you at all try to derive meaning that is not there from the words of the lord

Derive meaning? I stated facts from scripture. Can you tell me where Jesus said accept him as savior or perish? If I am wrong, please provide proof of scripture stating what I said is false?

Only use Brothers words, not what others spoke about him.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Derive meaning? I stated facts from scripture. Can you tell me where Jesus said accept him as savior or perish? If I am wrong, please provide proof of scripture stating what I said is false?

Only use Brothers words, not what others spoke about him.

"The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent."

—John 6:29

"He who rejects me rejects him who sent me."

—Luke 10:16

"If a man is thirsty, let him come to me and drink. Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him."

—John 7:37

"Whoever comes to me I will never drive away. For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me. And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall loose none of all that he has given me, but raise them up at the last day. For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life and I will raise him up at the last day."

—John 6:37-39

That last one is fairly obvious, believe and be raised up and have eternal life. Dont and well you will not be raised up with the rest apparently thus negating eternal life. I dont feel this contradicts my earlier statement about multiple resurrections btw.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   

"The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent." —John 6:29

"He who rejects me rejects him who sent me."

—Luke 10:16

"If a man is thirsty, let him come to me and drink. Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him."

—John 7:37

"Whoever comes to me I will never drive away. For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me. And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall loose none of all that he has given me, but raise them up at the last day. For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life and I will raise him up at the last day."

—John 6:37-39

Does this state you must accept him as Savior or perish? I am asking, can you do good (like Jesus outlined in his speech), without worshiping Jesus, but worship or believe in Father and still gain access to heaven? None of those scriptures address what I have asked. If it did, this thread would not have gotten past the first page.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join